PDA

View Full Version : Elections The Confederates vs. the Union

BigChiefFan
11-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Wow, anybody see a trend in how this election is turning out? Republicans, I'll let you guess what side your on.:D

petegz28
11-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Wow, anybody see a trend in how this election is turning out? Republicans, I'll let you guess what side your on.:D

The side for State's Rights and the "stay out of my pocket for your healthcare" healthcare plan?

Mecca
11-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Lyndon Johnson said when he signed the civil rights act he was giving the south to the republicans for a century, so far he's been correct, so he knew.

BigChiefFan
11-04-2008, 09:36 PM
The side for State's Rights and the "stay out of my pocket for your healthcare" healthcare plan?The Confederates were very much the same way, they were more state oriented and the Union was more centralized.

petegz28
11-04-2008, 09:37 PM
The Confederates were very much the same way, they were more state oriented and the Union was more centralized.

I know, thus my answer of State's Rights being the side of the Repubs

Coach
American Civil War II, coming near to you soon.

petegz28
Lyndon Johnson said when he signed the civil rights act he was giving the south to the republicans for a century, so far he's been correct, so he knew.

What's funny is it was the Repubs who got that passed for LBJ cause the Dems didn't want it.

OOPS

chagrin
11-04-2008, 09:38 PM

You just hear that today?

chagrin
11-04-2008, 09:39 PM
One question though, when Obama wins do you think that will automatically make the deadbeats who don't pay their mortgages, come up with some quick cash and solve the problem?

Mecca
11-04-2008, 09:39 PM
You just hear that today?

Nah actually I've known that for a long time, some of us do know some things.

petegz28
11-04-2008, 09:40 PM
The Confederates were very much the same way, they were more state oriented and the Union was more centralized.

Union=Old English control but not really.....
Confederate=what America was supposed to be, MINUS SLAVERY.

Just so we are clear I in no way advocate the slaving out of any human. Black, white, doesn't matter.

Other than that though I fall with the State's Rights crowd

Amnorix
11-04-2008, 10:18 PM
Union=Old English control but not really.....
Confederate=what America was supposed to be, MINUS SLAVERY.

Read some history books. Or else try to have a less egocentric view of history.

Other than that though I fall with the State's Rights crowd

That's a shock...

petegz28
11-04-2008, 10:20 PM
Read some history books. Or else try to have a less egocentric view of history.

That's a shock...

I guess the whole "States" part of United States is just there cause it sounds good?

Why have a State at all right?

Velvet_Jones
11-04-2008, 10:24 PM
One question though, when Obama wins do you think that will automatically make the deadbeats who don't pay their mortgages, come up with some quick cash and solve the problem?

That is a fvcking racist remark. - prequel to the BS that will happen when the media does its home work on the mortgage crisis. Once they get Obama's dick out of there mouth - that is.

Amnorix
11-04-2008, 10:27 PM
I guess the whole "States" part of United States is just there cause it sounds good?

Why have a State at all right?

States serve their proper role in our federalist form of government. The delusions of the South were crushed at great cost in blood and treasure. The entire southern society was enslaved to the slavery system. They could not willingly break from it, and so they set themselves on a path to have it broken for them. And so it was.

petegz28
11-04-2008, 10:29 PM
States serve their proper role in our federalist form of government. The delusions of the South were crushed at great cost in blood and treasure. The entire southern society was enslaved to the slavery system. They could not willingly break from it, and so they set themselves on a path to have it broken for them. And so it was.

Federalist form? Proper role? Sounds like you mean States are fiefdoms of the Fed.

Why did so may Union "folk" have so many white-irish slaves? During the civil war even?