PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto CP builders and construction experts, I need your expertise.

Frankie
11-11-2008, 12:57 PM
I am putting up lap siding on my new addition. But it's been raining and the Tyvek and the siding is wet. Is it OK to install them or will I be inviting moisture trap leading to mold and mildew?

Programmer
11-11-2008, 12:59 PM
I am putting up lap siding on my new addition. But it's been raining and the Tyvek and the siding is wet. Is it OK to install them or will I be inviting moisture trap leading to mold and mildew?

You might pay a contractor to do the work. If you have to ask questions like that you are already outside of your capability.

Brock
11-11-2008, 01:02 PM
That temporary moisture isn't going to be a problem. Mold and things like that are caused by a more or less constant state of moisture.

Frankie
11-11-2008, 01:03 PM
That temporary moisture isn't going to be a problem. Mold and things like that are caused by a more or less constant state of moisture.

I didn't think so. Thanks.

Molitoth
11-11-2008, 01:15 PM
You might pay a contractor to do the work. If you have to ask questions like that you are already outside of your capability.

Ya, go overpay someone else to do that job that you can easily do yourself.

Phobia
11-11-2008, 01:27 PM
Depends on the type of siding. But Brock's post is correct. So long as the moisture doesn't damage the siding you should be fine.

Phobia
11-11-2008, 01:29 PM
Ya, go overpay someone else to do that job that you can easily do yourself.

We could all probably sew our own clothes and butcher our own cows but who has the time?