PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Babin to sign with Chiefs

ZootedGranny
11-11-2008, 01:44 PM
News 3 has learned that former Western Michigan All-American Jason Babin will sign a one-year contract with the Kansas City Chiefs today. The Paw Paw native was released by the Seattle Seahawks September 17th, just over a year after being acquired in a trade with the Houston Texans.

A number of teams showed interest in Babin, including the 9-0 Tennessee Titans, but ultimately the Kansas City deal gives him an opportunity to play right away and hopefully secure a long term deal for 2009. The former first round draft pick registered a career high five sacks in 2006, but never saw significant playing time with Seattle and was deemed expendable.

Babin is the only first round draft pick in WMU history. Houston selected him with the 27th overall pick in 2004. His first game in a Chiefs uniform could be this Sunday against the New Orleans Saints.

http://www.wwmt.com/sports/babin_1355622___article.html/chiefs_join.html

bishop_74
11-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Jason Babin | #52 | DE

Seattle Seahawks | Official Team Site

Height: 6-3 Weight: 267 Age: 28

Born: 5/24/1980 Kalamazoo , MI

College: Western Michigan

Experience: 5th season

High School: Paw Paw HS [MI]

MIAdragon
11-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Babin played 16 games in his rookie season for Houston. He gained 63 tackles and 4 sacks for a mediocre rookie season. In 2005, he only played in 12 games, and only got 35 tackles. However, he matched his 2004 sack mark with four, and also forced two fumbles. In 2006, he played 15 games, getting 26 tackles and a career high five sacks.

Babin making noise at defensive end: The Seahawks official team site notes that defensive end Jason Babin, a former first-round draft choice of the Houston Texans, spent all summer working to get into shape and make an impression on Seattle coaches. Babin came to camp in great condition. He loved being back at defensive end -- the Texans converted him into a linebacker -- with his quickness and raising a ruckus in drills. He was a hit in the scrimmage on Aug. 2 and then Friday night he finally got to play against the Minnesota Vikings. He was virtually unblockable for the Vikings in the second half with four tackles, including a sack and another tackle for a loss, plus a quarterback hurry that was nearly another sack.
(Updated 08/14/2008).

Chief Faithful
11-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Sounds like a guy who can help the rotation and provide depth.

Micjones
11-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Excellent signing.

I think we should forego the Free Agency period from now on and just make in-season acquisitions.

Bradley, now Babin, hopefully Miller will follow.

Miller and Babin would drastically help this ailing defensive unit.

Sure-Oz
11-11-2008, 01:58 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS the pass rush is saved

Hog Farmer
11-11-2008, 01:58 PM
He's too old!

KChiefs1
11-11-2008, 02:00 PM
I really like this signing.

kcsam07
11-11-2008, 02:01 PM
i posted the babin signing 3 minutes earlier in the justin miller thread lol:D

MikeMaslowski
11-11-2008, 02:01 PM
He gained 63 tackles and 4 sacks for a mediocre rookie season.

Considering we have 6 sacks this season he would be an all-pro for us....

Sure-Oz
11-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Will he start?

Chief Faithful
11-11-2008, 02:04 PM
Why did Seattle release him? Is Joe Seahawk around to discuss?

MIAdragon
11-11-2008, 02:07 PM
i posted the babin signing 3 minutes earlier in the justin miller thread lol:D

really?

MIAdragon
11-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Why did Seattle release him? Is Joe Seahawk around to discuss?

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/archives/148996.asp

These guys sound quite surprised at the move.

Iowanian
11-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Why is Bill Braskey-Babin available in week 11 of the NFL season?

I suppose he's a better option than say, no one and its pretty low risk-high reward at this point for anyone they're bringing in to play.

StcChief
11-11-2008, 02:15 PM
Well..... Chiefs need bodies for our walking wounded.. looks decent.

Sure-Oz
11-11-2008, 02:15 PM
If babin was that awesome how come its taken so long to sign somewhere, either way need someone

Chief Faithful
11-11-2008, 02:18 PM
http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/archives/148996.asp

These guys sound quite surprised at the move.

Thanks

Iowanian
11-11-2008, 02:18 PM
I kind of expected a run at KGB, but this makes sense. He's got some experience, had high expectations, needs an opportunity and WILL get playing time to evaluate him.

MIAdragon
11-11-2008, 02:19 PM
I kind of expected a run at KGB, but this makes sense. He's got some experience, had high expectations, needs an opportunity and WILL get playing time to evaluate him.

This guy can play both LB and DE, I wonder if that had anything to do with it?

Ultra Peanut
11-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Jason Babin!

DaneMcCloud
11-11-2008, 02:21 PM
If babin was that awesome how come its taken so long to sign somewhere, either way need someone

Exactly. For him not to succeed in Jim Mora's scheme is maybe a sign that's he finished, especially since they only have one more win than the Chiefs this season.

But the bottom line is that the Chiefs need bodies at the DE position.

Iowanian
11-11-2008, 02:29 PM
Don't worry....Gunther and Krumrie obviously have the answer to correcting a players problems and teaching them better technique.

http://ace.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pACE2-1046489reg.jpg

it out!

raybec 4
11-11-2008, 02:58 PM
He couldn't be worse than what were working with, Tamba is probably as good now as he's ever going to be. Turk is improving but we have no depth and no DE pressure from anyone but Boone.

King_Chief_Fan
11-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Exactly. For him not to succeed in Jim Mora's scheme is maybe a sign that's he finished, especially since they only have one more win than the Chiefs this season.

But the bottom line is that the Chiefs need bodies at the DE position.

maybe you can suit up ....SMART GUY!

Iowanian
11-11-2008, 03:04 PM
I'd suit up for league min....

You get what you pay for in week 11 though.

Valiant
11-11-2008, 03:15 PM

I am guessing that age kept them away.. Might as well go after somebody that is under 31 and see if it works out..

DaneMcCloud
11-11-2008, 03:23 PM
maybe you can suit up ....SMART GUY!

I don't think the Chiefs would sign me.

I'm over 30.

InChiefsHell
11-11-2008, 03:26 PM
I don't think the Chiefs would sign me.

I'm over 30.

Same here...well, that and I totally suck...

Gonzo
11-11-2008, 03:27 PM
me' tnirP

B_Ambuehl
11-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Don't wanna get anyones hopes up too high but this guy could become our pass rusher at defensive end. The reason he was traded by the Texas was because he was outplaying Mario Williams too bad. Ask anyone from that team. Houston was trying to quiet all the "Mario is a bust" talk. He went out to seattle and got lost in the shuffle but this guy can get after the quarterback.

Sure-Oz
11-11-2008, 04:10 PM
If that really is the case than Houston sucks for a reason and not just being an expansion team

chiefqueen
11-11-2008, 04:19 PM
me' tnirP

No... it's

intpray emthay

Hoover
11-11-2008, 04:20 PM
Isn't KGB out there too?

chiefs1111
11-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Isn't KGB out there too?

yes he is.....

TrickyNicky
11-11-2008, 07:25 PM
Quick, anyone have LaVar Arrington's number?

milkman
11-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Print 'em.

You bastards are slipping.

rtmike
11-11-2008, 09:23 PM
The Seahags are throwing away draft picks a lot lately it seems.

Not too worried about the future, more like right now. As they just released Keary Colbert today too whom they traded a draft choice for as well.

rtmike
11-12-2008, 11:25 AM
How come Babin isn't listed @ kcchiefs.com yet or anywhere else for that matter?

Pestilence
11-12-2008, 11:27 AM
How come Babin isn't listed @ kcchiefs.com yet or anywhere else for that matter?

That's what I was wondering. I haven't heard of this anywhere yet.

Goapics1
11-12-2008, 11:29 AM

I've never heard of Babin.

beach tribe
11-12-2008, 11:30 AM
My first print 'em baby.

beach tribe
11-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Print 'em.

You bastards are slipping.

FUCK!!

beach tribe
11-12-2008, 11:31 AM
Don't wanna get anyones hopes up too high but this guy could become our pass rusher at defensive end. The reason he was traded by the Texas was because he was outplaying Mario Williams too bad. Ask anyone from that team. Houston was trying to quiet all the "Mario is a bust" talk. He went out to seattle and got lost in the shuffle but this guy can get after the quarterback.

I dont buy that for a second.

milkman
11-12-2008, 11:32 AM

I don't know if it's been posted yet, but there's a rumor that the Chiefs also signed LB Kyle Shotwell, but that hasn't been mentioned anywhere else either.

http://presidiosports.com/?p=4464

Former DP star Kyle Shotwell, fresh off of a stint with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, stopped by the luncheon. He was signed by the Kansas City Chiefs later on in the afternoon.

Last paragraph in the story.

Pestilence
11-12-2008, 11:33 AM
I don't know if it's been posted yet, but there's a rumor that the Chiefs also signed LB Kyle Shotwell, but that hasn't been mentioned anywhere else either.

http://presidiosports.com/?p=4464

Former DP star Kyle Shotwell, fresh off of a stint with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, stopped by the luncheon. He was signed by the Kansas City Chiefs later on in the afternoon.

Last paragraph in the story.

lol DP? Former double penetration start Kyle Shotwell. Why does this sound like a ghey pron? ROFL

beach tribe
11-12-2008, 11:36 AM
lol DP? Former double penetration start Kyle Shotwell. Why does this sound like a ghey pron? ROFL

It's one of those "see what you want to see" kind of things.

milkman
11-12-2008, 11:37 AM

Dos Pueblos High School in Santa Barbara (Goleta), Ca.

Shotwell played his college ball at Cal Poly.

milkman
11-12-2008, 11:41 AM
Babin is official.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/11/12/kansas_city_agrees_to_terms_with_de_jason_babin/

Frosty
11-12-2008, 11:43 AM
Looks like Johnston went to IR. Still no Shotwell on the roster.

blueballs
11-12-2008, 11:45 AM
me' tnirP

you sly bastard

beach tribe
11-12-2008, 11:46 AM
I like this signing. Not a bad depth guy, and may be able to produce, and stick on the roster.

chop
11-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Babin is official.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/11/12/kansas_city_agrees_to_terms_with_de_jason_babin/

For those that don't like to click on the links:

Kansas City Agrees to Terms with DE Jason Babin

Nov 12, 2008, 12:25:44 PM

Kansas City Chiefs President Carl Peterson announced on Wednesday that the club has agreed to terms of a one-year contract with DE Jason Babin. No other terms of the agreement were made available.
Babin (6-3, 260) has seen action in 47 games (22 starts) with Houston (2004-06) and Seattle (2007-08). He has registered 147 tackles (100 solo), 13.0 sacks (-85.0 yards), two passes defensed, two forced fumbles and a pair of fumble recoveries. Babin played in two games for Seahawks this season. The Kalamazoo, Michigan native was originally a first-round pick (27th overall) of Houston in the 2004 NFL Draft.
The Western Michigan product finished his collegiate career with 38.0 sacks and 75.0 tackles for loss, both school records. Babin played in 47 games (25 starts) for the Broncos, producing 299 tackles, eight forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries, and three receptions for 35 yards. He also blocked three punts. Babin was a first-team all-conference selection as a senior at Paw Paw High School in Paw Paw, Michigan.

Sure-Oz
11-12-2008, 12:05 PM
Good to make it official, so will he start then?

Frosty
11-12-2008, 12:06 PM
Good to make it official, so will he start then?

He just about has to.

ChiefsCountry
11-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Looks like Johnston went to IR. Still no Shotwell on the roster.

Shotwell is on the practice squad.

WebGem
11-12-2008, 02:35 PM
lulz yo im gettin arab money

B_Ambuehl
12-29-2010, 11:18 AM

This was a mistake by Pioli. Babin was one of our better players in '08, he's well suited for the 3-4 (that's what the Texans drafted him to play), we're in need of pass rushers, and you let him walk right out of the building. Now he makes a pro bowl with Tennessee.

Flachief58
12-29-2010, 11:33 AM
Perhaps Pioli & co felt he was not part of the "right 53"

Tylerthigpen!1!
12-29-2010, 11:36 AM
This was a mistake by Pioli. Babin was one of our better players in '08, he's well suited for the 3-4 (that's what the Texans drafted him to play), we're in need of pass rushers, and you let him walk right out of the building. Now he makes a pro bowl with Tennessee.

In a 4-3 defense....

philfree
12-29-2010, 11:38 AM

Pioli turned this team around in two years so I don't think he's made to many mistakes.

PhilFree:arrow:

doomy3
12-29-2010, 11:38 AM

What was a mistake? The guy was a free agent after the 2008 season, and signed with the Eagles, where he made no impact at all. It isn't like he was released.

BigMeatballDave
12-29-2010, 11:40 AM
Shocking that Amb is bashing Pioli for this.:rolleyes:

Die in a fire, retard.

greg63
12-29-2010, 11:43 AM
:spock:

B_Ambuehl
12-29-2010, 11:46 AM
LOL Oh well, deep inside I know you'll wonder what the D would look like with someone other than Mike fucking Vrable rushing the passer opposite Hali.

Bottom line is pass rush has been one of our biggest downfalls and Pioli had a good pass rusher inhouse he could have extended really cheap and fucked up by not keeping him. The man played good football in Philly last year before he got hurt and is near the top in the NFL this year with 12.5 sacks.

Brock
12-29-2010, 11:47 AM
Babin was a good pass rusher in KC, or anywhere before this year for that matter? I guess that explains why he's on his 5th team.

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-29-2010, 11:49 AM
Babin is a great story, but there is a reason so many teams gave up on him.

FAX
12-29-2010, 11:54 AM
This sort of thing happens a lot ... with every team.

Some guys just don't work out for reasons completely unrelated to skill level or talent. Sometimes it's chemistry and other times it's their inability to work within a particular scheme. It's like that girl I once knew in Santa Monica. She was totally awesome in every respect, boasting beautiful, long, blond hair, green eyes the color of the sea, great legs and proportionate, matching tittahs. She was perfect except for the unfortunate fact that she would not accept coaching and was obsessed with bizarre satanic rites that involved black candles and strange midnight mantras vocalized in a low, spooky voice.

From what I heard, she went on to co-produce a documentary on the Hells Angels then moved to Florida in order to become the director of some kind of vintage bike club. At the time I knew her, I imagined that she would eventually wind up lost in the Nevada desert and gang-raped by wild coyotes.

Some people just don't fit in with certain other people whereas different circumstances and environments allow them to thrive so they pack up their candles and proportionate, matching tittahs and move on. It's a circle of life kind of deal.

FAX

B_Ambuehl
12-29-2010, 11:55 AM
Babin was a good pass rusher in KC, or anywhere before this year for that matter? I guess that explains why he's on his 5th team.

Shouldn't you expect an "executive of the decade" to be able to spot potential talent like that? Babin has always been a good pass rusher he just hasn't had many sacks. He's always been able to bring consistent pressure when he's had the opportunities. Nobody had many opportunities to rush the passer when he was here and he didn't play long, but he likely had more pressures than Hali in that short span of time.

BigMeatballDave
12-29-2010, 11:56 AM
LOL Oh well, deep inside I know you'll wonder what the D would look like with someone other than Mike fucking Vrable rushing the passer opposite Hali.

Deep down inside, we all know you're a waste of oxygen.

BigMeatballDave
12-29-2010, 11:58 AM
Shouldn't you expect an "executive of the decade" to be able to spot potential talent like that? Babin has always been a good pass rusher he just hasn't had many sacks. He's always been able to bring consistent pressure when he's had the opportunities. Nobody had many opportunities to rush the passer when he was here and he didn't play long, but he likely had more pressures than Hali in that short span of time.Go fuck yourself. Troll.

Brock
12-29-2010, 11:58 AM
Shouldn't you expect an "executive of the decade" to be able to spot potential talent like that? Babin has always been a good pass rusher he just hasn't had many sacks. He's always been able to bring consistent pressure when he's had the opportunities. Nobody had many opportunities to rush the passer when he was here and he didn't play long, but he likely had more pressures than Hali in that short span of time.

If you're a good pass rusher, you have many sacks. That's kinda how pass rushers are measured. He may be a good pass rusher NOW, but he wasn't anything to bark about at any point before. Looks to me like several GMs didn't see anything there.

shaneo69
12-29-2010, 12:00 PM
Fisher seems to do well with retreads like Babin and Vanden Bosch. We tried it with Carlos Hall and it didn't work out as well.

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-29-2010, 12:00 PM
B's trolling away, set an open course for his virgin cock.
And he'll try, oh Lord, he'll try to douche on.
Come douche away, come douche away, come douche away with B lads.

philfree
12-29-2010, 12:03 PM
LOL Oh well, deep inside I know you'll wonder what the D would look like with someone other than Mike ****ing Vrable rushing the passer opposite Hali.

Bottom line is pass rush has been one of our biggest downfalls and Pioli had a good pass rusher inhouse he could have extended really cheap and ****ed up by not keeping him. The man played good football in Philly last year before he got hurt and is near the top in the NFL this year with 12.5 sacks.

When? This year where we're tied for 12th in total sacks?

doomy3
12-29-2010, 12:04 PM
LOL Oh well, deep inside I know you'll wonder what the D would look like with someone other than Mike ****ing Vrable rushing the passer opposite Hali.

Bottom line is pass rush has been one of our biggest downfalls and Pioli had a good pass rusher inhouse he could have extended really cheap and ****ed up by not keeping him. The man played good football in Philly last year before he got hurt and is near the top in the NFL this year with 12.5 sacks.

ROFL

Babin played 12 games, started zero, and had 16 tackles and 2.5 sacks for the Eagles.

philfree
12-29-2010, 12:06 PM
If we only had Sergio Kindel and Jason Babin we could win the division!

alpha_omega
12-29-2010, 12:06 PM
Ya, he was an integral part of a defense that ranked 31st in points scored and 29th in yards. Too bad we lost him :rolleyes:.

BigMeatballDave
12-29-2010, 12:07 PM
ROFL

Babin played 12 games, started zero, and had 16 tackles and 2.5 sacks for the Eagles.Amb is a fucking troll. Fuck that bitch. Babin has 30 career sacks. Nearly half of those he got this season.

B_Ambuehl
12-29-2010, 12:09 PM
Babin played 12 games, started zero, and had 16 tackles and 2.5 sacks for the Eagles.

Right, Philly has 2 really good defensive ends already starting. Babin came in as a rotational player and played good football. His stats weren't all that impressive but when he was in he looked good.

This was his first full season starting since back in '05 and look at the numbers he put up.

Brock
12-29-2010, 12:12 PM
It's kind of funny, I don't see any of your posts where you lauded the Chiefs for signing Babin, nor any of your posts decrying the decision to let him leave back when that happened.

Bwana
12-29-2010, 12:16 PM
Great Bump!

:facepalm:

The Bad Guy
12-29-2010, 12:23 PM

So where was this guy playing in the 3-4? The Texans tried him in a 3-4 and he was a miserable failure, much like your posting tenure on this board.

Fuck yourself, Ambuehl.

B_Ambuehl
12-29-2010, 12:24 PM
It's kind of funny, I don't see any of your posts where you lauded the Chiefs for signing Babin, nor any of your posts decrying the decision to let him leave back when that happened.

What I said back in '08:

The Bad Guy
12-29-2010, 12:24 PM
Right, Philly has 2 really good defensive ends already starting. Babin came in as a rotational player and played good football. His stats weren't all that impressive but when he was in he looked good.

This was his first full season starting since back in '05 and look at the numbers he put up.

Like you watched any of his games with the Eagles.

You are easily the worst poster on this site.

The exec of the year has the Chiefs at 11-5 in year 2 of a massive rebuild.

Again, fuck yourself you reject.

B_Ambuehl
12-29-2010, 12:27 PM
So where was this guy playing in the 3-4? The Texans tried him in a 3-4 and he was a miserable failure, much like your posting tenure on this board.

**** yourself, Ambuehl.

Babin only had a year in the 3-4 then Houston fired Capers and went to a new scheme. He was drafted to be a 3-4 OLB and has the stature, quickness, and agility for it.

Bottom line:

1. He's significantly better than Vrabel

2. If we signed him again today none of you'll would be disappointed

3. Pioli had a good pass rusher on the roster that he let get away.

Bwana
12-29-2010, 12:29 PM
http://www.boingboing.net/201002010901.jpg

Armchair Quarterback

mcaj22
12-29-2010, 12:30 PM
"The reason Babin was cut from the Texans because he was outplaying Mario Williams?"

LOL are you high? That has to be one of the most absurd things I have ever read on here.

B_Ambuehl
12-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Like you watched any of his games with the Eagles.

You are easily the worst poster on this site.

The exec of the year has the Chiefs at 11-5 in year 2 of a massive rebuild.

Again, **** yourself you reject.

You hide behind your bullshit attitude and cussing because you don't know anything about football. If you want to debate anything about football go ahead and start a thread I'll be more than happy to pwn your ass into next year. Something tells me you won't be doing that.

Demonpenz
12-29-2010, 12:31 PM
babin has too many tatoos that isn't character for our team

B_Ambuehl
12-29-2010, 12:32 PM
"The reason Babin was cut from the Texans because he was outplaying Mario Williams?"

LOL are you high? That has to be one of the most absurd things I have ever read on here.

It is true. Remember Williams was horrific his rookie year. Babin was outplaying him big time and Houston was doing anything to help Mario.

The Bad Guy
12-29-2010, 12:36 PM
Babin only had a year in the 3-4 then Houston fired Capers and went to a new scheme. He was drafted to be a 3-4 OLB and has the stature, quickness, and agility for it.

Bottom line:

1. He's significantly better than Vrabel

2. If we signed him again today none of you'll would be disappointed

3. Pioli had a good pass rusher on the roster that he let get away.

He's not a fucking 3-4 rush end. He has no absolutely no cover ability.

He's a 4-3 DE.

Brock
12-29-2010, 12:38 PM
It is true. Remember Williams was horrific his rookie year. Babin was outplaying him big time and Houston was doing anything to help Mario.

ROFL He had 1/2 of a sack more than Williams did, and Williams had almost twice as many tackles in his rookie year. Any other theories you want to pull out of your ass?

FAX
12-29-2010, 12:48 PM
The most interesting thing about that girl was that she harbored an entirely irrational yet very real fear of being kidnapped in her sleep by Banditos. Now, it's perfectly reasonable that one would prefer not to be kidnapped by Banditos since there's really no way to know what Banditos would do to you once they had you in their clutches. I don't think that Banditos are cannibals, but other than that, there are honestly few horrific things that Banditos would not do to a person simply for their own personal enjoyment. The thing is that one doesn't see a lot of Banditos these days ... particularly in Santa Monica. Venice is another matter entirely, of course. If Banditos could skateboard, that would be a perfect place for them to hang out on Sundays.

FAX

The Bad Guy
12-29-2010, 01:14 PM
You hide behind your bullshit attitude and cussing because you don't know anything about football. If you want to debate anything about football go ahead and start a thread I'll be more than happy to pwn your ass into next year. Something tells me you won't be doing that.

I've displayed my football knowledge on this board. You've displayed a bunch of bullshit opinions that are so off the wall that you get mocked.

I've debated every fucking thread you have started. You couldn't own my 16 month old in a football debate.

You are a stupid fucker who tries so desperately to make points that are proven to be complete bullshit in just 1 reply.

The Bad Guy
12-29-2010, 01:15 PM

Ha. Horrific. Yet Babin is the next coming.

Your football stupidity knows no boundaries.

The Bad Guy
12-29-2010, 01:17 PM

Reading Ambuehl's football takes and making sense of them would be like trying to read Kcnut writing in chinese.

BigMeatballDave
I've displayed my football knowledge on this board. You've displayed a bunch of bullshit opinions that are so off the wall that you get mocked.

I've debated every fucking thread you have started. You couldn't own my 16 month old in a football debate.

You are a stupid fucker who tries so desperately to make points that are proven to be complete bullshit in just 1 reply.Amb has been a fucking assbag since day 1.

Pitt Gorilla
It is true. Remember Williams was horrific his rookie year. Babin was outplaying him big time and Houston was doing anything to help Mario.Yeah, no.

B_Ambuehl
12-30-2010, 09:56 AM
You guys are naive if you don't think politics plays a part in who plays and who doesn't. It happens at some point on every team. Babin had more sacks in a backup role for the Texans than any other defensive player they had in '06 (including M. Williams), yet he was told by Kubiak he wasn't gonna play no matter what he did.

http://kilt.cbslocal.com/2010/12/21/he-was-a-texan-now-hes-a-titan-the-latest-with-jason-babin/#more-28649

It happened here in '05. Who was the best OLB we had that year and what happened to him? Could Kendrell Bell realistically even hold Fujitas jock? The reality is Fujita wasn't gonna play here no matter what he did.

But all that's really besides the point. The main point is Vrabel and his position are liabilities on this defense, everyone here knows he's a liability, and Pioli will likely spend the next 4 years looking for a viable option to rush the passer from that spot when he's already had guys on the roster that could get it done that he let go. That's a fact and sometimes the truth hurts.

BigMeatballDave
12-30-2010, 09:58 AM
You guys are naive if you don't think politics plays a part in who plays and who doesn't. It happens at some point on every team. Babin had more sacks in a backup role for the Texans than any other defensive player they had in '06 (including M. Williams), yet he was told by Kubiak he wasn't gonna play no matter what he did.

http://kilt.cbslocal.com/2010/12/21/he-was-a-texan-now-hes-a-titan-the-latest-with-jason-babin/#more-28649

It happened here in '05. Who was the best OLB we had that year and what happened to him? Could Kendrell Bell realistically even hold Fujitas jock? The reality is Fujita wasn't gonna play here no matter what he did.

But all that's really besides the point. The main point is Vrabel and his position are liabilities on this defense, everyone here knows he's a liability, and Pioli will likely spend the next 4 years looking for a viable option to rush the passer from that spot when he's already had guys on the roster that could get it done that he let go. That's a fact and sometimes the truth hurts.Go away

SNR
12-30-2010, 10:04 AM
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts it'd be Christmas every day

Brock
12-30-2010, 10:05 AM
Been on 5 different teams, did next to nothing, went on a mysterious 1 season tear, sounds like a chemical athlete.

Ebolapox
12-30-2010, 10:09 AM
heh, I gotta say: b_amb is the dictionary definition of assclown.

Chiefnj2
12-30-2010, 10:11 AM
I'd like to know who the last 3 people are who gave B Ambuehl positive rep.

rad
12-30-2010, 10:14 AM

But all that's really besides the point. The main point is Vrabel and his position are liabilities on this defense, everyone here knows he's a liability, and Pioli will likely spend the next 4 years looking for a viable option to rush the passer from that spot when he's already had guys on the roster that could get it done that he let go. That's a fact and sometimes the truth hurts.

Vrabel's not here to rush the passer, even I know what his role on this team is...........and I know dick about football.

Norman Einstein
12-30-2010, 10:18 AM

Has anyone given him/her positive rep?

Mr. Laz
12-30-2010, 10:28 AM
1. we don't know how babin would change over to our 3-4 scheme
2. Pioli has earn a bit of leeway after his success in new england and now in KC

B_Ambuehl
12-30-2010, 10:33 AM
When it comes to pass rushing the 3-4 vs 4-3 debate doesn't make as much difference as people like to think. Generally speaking playing in a 3-4 will enhance anyones pass rushing ability because it gives them more opportunities against tight ends, fullbacks, and tailbacks, (see Tamba Hali) but all teams play more than 50% of their snaps in nickel defenses these days, and nickel defenses are the same regardless of base package.

BigMeatballDave
12-30-2010, 10:35 AM
I'd like to know who the last 3 people are who gave B Ambuehl positive rep.No shit. How that fucker is still in green is beyond me.

jAZ
12-30-2010, 11:28 AM
I'll trade Babin for our first playoff appearance in 7 years. Great work Pioli!

Pasta Giant Meatball
12-30-2010, 11:37 AM

Mecca, Mecca, and.........Mecca.

BigMeatballDave
12-30-2010, 11:39 AM
I'll trade Babin for our first playoff appearance in 7 years. Great work Pioli!2010-2006=7? :)

Lzen
12-30-2010, 12:16 PM
That's a fact and sometimes the truth hurts.

Fail. That's your opinion. You have no idea what was going on in Babin's head and how he would fit in regarding chemistry or scheme.

Lzen
12-30-2010, 12:19 PM
2010-2006=7? :)

Public schools?