Tribal Warfare
11-11-2008, 11:42 PM
Maualuga. Thread over.

yep, I'd take the Junior Seau clone

DaneMcCloud
11-11-2008, 11:43 PM

You know who's the real Seau clone?

His 16 year-old nephew. He's already 6'2, 200 and he's being recruited by USC.

Barring injury, he's going to be a bad mofo.

Tribal Warfare
11-11-2008, 11:44 PM
You know who's the real Seau clone?

His 16 year-old nephew. He's already 6'2, 200 and he's being recruited by USC.

Barring injury, he's going to be a bad mofo.

Junior's or Rey's?

boogblaster
11-11-2008, 11:47 PM
Cloning is still illegal in Kansas ..

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-11-2008, 11:55 PM
God, I fucking hated Seau. There was nothing greater than watching his sorry ass latch on to the Pats only to have his arm snapt and for them to fail in the Super Bowl last year.

chief52
11-11-2008, 11:57 PM
Rey Rey... Local kid who I hope and think will be an All-Pro.

ChiefsCountry
11-12-2008, 01:21 AM
God, I ****ing hated Seau. There was nothing greater than watching his sorry ass latch on to the Pats only to have his arm snapt and for them to fail in the Super Bowl last year.

One of my greatest memories of a Chiefs game is the 1999 game when the Chiefs beat the Chargers on Halloween in the Brand Mart Game. Our seats were by the tunnel and some drunk guy poored a whole beer in Seau's face as he was leaving the field.

DaneMcCloud
11-12-2008, 02:01 AM

Junior's.

Should I post a pic?

:evil:

DaneMcCloud
11-12-2008, 02:02 AM
One of my greatest memories of a Chiefs game is the 1999 game when the Chiefs beat the Chargers on Halloween in the Brand Mart Game. Our seats were by the tunnel and some drunk guy poored a whole beer in Seau's face as he was leaving the field.

Classy :rolleyes:

Tribal Warfare
11-12-2008, 02:14 AM
Junior's.

Should I post a pic?

:evil:

Sure, I would love to see how freakishly alike their builds are

DaneMcCloud
11-12-2008, 02:17 AM
Sure, I would love to see how freakishly alike their builds are

Let me check with his brother (Savaii, and no, that's not the same Savaii) if it's cool.

chiefs1111
11-12-2008, 02:18 AM
Maualuga. Thread over.

what he said

Tribal Warfare
11-12-2008, 02:19 AM
Let me check with his brother (Savaii, and no, that's not the same Savaii) if it's cool.

alright, work those uber awesome connections of yours :thumb:

DaneMcCloud
11-12-2008, 02:22 AM
alright, work those uber awesome connections of yours :thumb:

PM sent.

Show me some love when it's worked out.

DaKCMan AP
11-12-2008, 07:34 AM
Brandon. Spikes.

beach tribe
11-12-2008, 07:55 AM
Brandon. Spikes.

Do you know if he has had any off the field issues?

The guy just looks like a wannabe gangsta. Does he have any history of it?

milkman
11-12-2008, 07:56 AM
Brandon. Spikes.

We'll have to trade up in to the latter half of the first round to get a shot, but it might well be worth.

I think he and Mauluga will be the better than Laurenitus.

DaKCMan AP
11-12-2008, 07:57 AM
Do you know if he has had any off the field issues?

The guy just looks like a wannabe gangsta. Does he have any history of it?

As far as I know he's never been in trouble.

El Jefe
11-12-2008, 08:18 AM
Ok, I will give you an un-biased opinion of both players. They are really two different players, it all depends on what you want. Rey is bigger and more physical, so if you wan't a bigger more suited towards the run MLB then I think he would be good. JL is a very fast sideline to sideline guy, and is not a liability in the pass defense, he can cover almost anyone on the field. I think JL will have more difficulty shedding some blockers in the NFL than Rey would, but I don't consider that a knock on JL, more like a compliment to Rey. I think Rey will have to get faster because in coverage JL has him by a land slide. JL makes a lot of tackles, and no Mecca isn't right when he always says he gets them 10 yards down the field, he is leadinf our team in TFL, and we have a pretty dang good defense. I think JL is more of a Colts defensive player, a little bit smaller, but very fast and very fundamental, he doesn't make mental mistakes. Rey kind of reminds me of AJ Hawk, bigger guys who can move and lay some wood.

El Jefe
11-12-2008, 08:19 AM
We'll have to trade up in to the latter half of the first round to get a shot, but it might well be worth.

I think he and Mauluga will be the better than Laurenitus.

Depends on where they go, and what system they are asked to play.

chiefzilla1501
11-12-2008, 08:20 AM
I know I have some buckeye bias, but while I'd pick Maualuga, Laurinitis is getting an undeservedly bad rep. I've met Laurinitis in a few bars, and he's a real humble guy. Real good character guy.

What Laurinitis gets criticized for is his inability to shed blocks. As we saw in the Chiefs - Ravens game years ago, most MLBs have that problem, even Ray Lewis. It is the d-line's job to keep those hats off of the linebackers and Ohio State's d-line this year has not done that. I'm willing to bet that Maualuga would look shaky at times too if he got inconsistent play up front.

Where Laurinitis shines, though, is that he's extremely smart, extremely instinctive, and he's extremely fast. If the Chiefs choose to run more of a Tampa 2 look, he's a terrific fit because he has sideline-to-sideline speed and he is a very good coverage LB.

I'd rather Maualuga, but I would not complain for a second if we got Laurinitis. He's as safe of a pick as you'll find. I don't know what his upside is, but he's got very little downside. Especially if Tank and Dorsey play as well as we expect them to.

El Jefe
11-12-2008, 08:34 AM
I know I have some buckeye bias, but while I'd pick Maualuga, Laurinitis is getting an undeservedly bad rep. I've met Laurinitis in a few bars, and he's a real humble guy. Real good character guy.

What Laurinitis gets criticized for is his inability to shed blocks. As we saw in the Chiefs - Ravens game years ago, most MLBs have that problem, even Ray Lewis. It is the d-line's job to keep those hats off of the linebackers and Ohio State's d-line this year has not done that. I'm willing to bet that Maualuga would look shaky at times too if he got inconsistent play up front.

Where Laurinitis shines, though, is that he's extremely smart, extremely instinctive, and he's extremely fast. If the Chiefs choose to run more of a Tampa 2 look, he's a terrific fit because he has sideline-to-sideline speed and he is a very good coverage LB.
I'd rather Maualuga, but I would not complain for a second if we got Laurinitis. He's as safe of a pick as you'll find. I don't know what his upside is, but he's got very little downside. Especially if Tank and Dorsey play as well as we expect them to.

He does get caught in some blocks, but people bring it up like it happens ten times a game, I haven't seen it happen in 3 games. I agree completely with your second paragraph. He is a very safe pick, I think depending on what you want him to do he very well could bulk up if they wanted him bigger. I love both guys, and I would be thrilled with Rey and I would be thrilled with JL. I met him on campus, dude is huge, I don't think his neck could get any bigger.

Demonpenz
11-12-2008, 08:49 AM
rey rey could bring some much needed 'tude to the defense. Anyone else notice that polard is actually starting to light people up. Even if it is down the field he is giving up his body to punish people. That collision with him and a full back made me puke like a rookie police officer opening up a body bag

notorious
11-12-2008, 09:00 AM
Laurenitus is Katzenmoyer and Simoneau all wrapped into one.

Laurenitus may be a wonderful person but I have watched him a LOT and he reminds me on the two listed above (not because they are white, but because of size and speed AND hype).

Servicable player in the pros (Simoneau) or possible bust of epic proportions (Katzenmoyer).

Just my opinion.

(Edited)

I take it back on Katzenmoyer. An article I just read stated that he was 255 in college, so he has more size than first thought.

El Jefe
11-12-2008, 09:03 AM

Laurenitus may be a wonderful person but I have watched him a LOT and he reminds me on the two listed above (not because they are white, but because of size and speed AND hype).

Servicable player in the pros (Simoneau) or possible bust of epic proportions (Katzenmoyer).

Just my opinion.

I don't consider Katz a bust he was the 28th pick in the first round, and he messed his neck up. It wasn't like he was a top 10 pick.

notorious
11-12-2008, 09:06 AM
Than we shouldn't consider Croyle a bust, because he screwed his ____________ up and was only a third rounder.

beach tribe
11-12-2008, 09:09 AM

Just my opinion.

(Edited)

I take it back on Katzenmoyer. An article I just read stated that he was 255 in college, so he has more size than first thought.

I've watched a few of his games, and just never really noticed anything special. I watched him specifically, and wasn't impressed, Although I did think he had decent pass coverage skills.

duncan_idaho
11-12-2008, 09:25 AM
God, I ****ing hated Seau. There was nothing greater than watching his sorry ass latch on to the Pats only to have his arm snapt and for them to fail in the Super Bowl last year.

The picture of Seau with his arm snapped in half was my desktop picture at work for about a year.

Loved it.

El Jefe
11-12-2008, 10:02 AM
Than we shouldn't consider Croyle a bust, because he screwed his ____________ up and was only a third rounder.

:doh!: It's not like Big Kat was injury prone, and had an injury he could fight through, your pretty much hosed when you mess your neck up (ex:Priest Holmes). Your point is Moot, you can say anyone who didn't meet expectations wether it be because of injury or lack of skill was a bust.There are always going to be busts in professional sports, I think if you have a career ending injury that you can't control, it's a lot different if you under. I don't know if I would consider Croyle a bust. I considered him a backup when we drafted him JMO. I never expected Croyle to do anything, I never drank the kool-aid, a lot of us knew he was made of glass. So a bust, I guess it depends who you ask, I do think it sucks we wasted a 3rd round pick on him.

Demonpenz
11-12-2008, 10:10 AM
katzenmoyer was going to be a beast. Remember that hit he hit on sam gash?

El Jefe
11-12-2008, 10:30 AM
katzenmoyer was going to be a beast. Remember that hit he hit on sam gash?

Not off the top of my head. I always loved watching him play man, he was such a terror too anybody carrying the ball. He was like Butkus, not only did he not want you to gain a yard, he didn't want you to gain an inch. He was out to punish people.

El Jefe
11-12-2008, 10:31 AM
This hit was sick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfkWuDTsicg&NR=1

TommyHawk69
11-12-2008, 10:40 AM
This hit was sick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfkWuDTsicg&NR=1

Leading with your head. Wondering why he hurt his neck?

TommyHawk69
11-12-2008, 10:57 AM
I don't think we take a linebacker with our first pick it is a quarterback or a defensive end in the first round. Then that leaves us looking at a Brandon Spikes of Florida or a Jasper Brinkley South Carolina mayybe Derry Beckwith LSU in the second or third round. JMO

ohiobronco2
11-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Ok, I will give you an un-biased opinion of both players. They are really two different players, it all depends on what you want. Rey is bigger and more physical, so if you wan't a bigger more suited towards the run MLB then I think he would be good. JL is a very fast sideline to sideline guy, and is not a liability in the pass defense, he can cover almost anyone on the field. I think JL will have more difficulty shedding some blockers in the NFL than Rey would, but I don't consider that a knock on JL, more like a compliment to Rey. I think Rey will have to get faster because in coverage JL has him by a land slide. JL makes a lot of tackles, and no Mecca isn't right when he always says he gets them 10 yards down the field, he is leadinf our team in TFL, and we have a pretty dang good defense. I think JL is more of a Colts defensive player, a little bit smaller, but very fast and very fundamental, he doesn't make mental mistakes. Rey kind of reminds me of AJ Hawk, bigger guys who can move and lay some wood.

Spot on Analysis. Rey is a great football player, but I think he will be a liability in the passing game. Where he will excel, is at putting pressure on the QB and forcing fumbles. James on the other hand, has trouble shedding blocks (Our D line sucks, lets be honest here buckeye fans), but fills passing lanes very well. Depends on what you are looking for in a LB. If you are stout up front in a 4-3 scheme, James is your guy. If you have stength in your secondary and wish to improve up front, take Rey. In my mind you can't go wrong either way and those who criticize James, clearly haven't watched enough Buckeye games.

the Talking Can
11-12-2008, 12:36 PM
The picture of Seau with his arm snapped in half was my desktop picture at work for about a year.

Loved it.

:eek:

you're a sick, but admirable, bastard..

the Talking Can
11-12-2008, 12:37 PM
I don't think we take a linebacker with our first pick it is a quarterback or a defensive end in the first round. Then that leaves us looking at a Brandon Spikes of Florida or a Jasper Brinkley South Carolina mayybe Derry Beckwith LSU in the second or third round. JMO

i'd rather have spikes than laurenititititisiiiaiaiaisis anyways...he's pretty bad ass

El Jefe
11-12-2008, 12:40 PM
Spot on Analysis. Rey is a great football player, but I think he will be a liability in the passing game. Where he will excel, is at putting pressure on the QB and forcing fumbles. James on the other hand, has trouble shedding blocks (Our D line sucks, lets be honest here buckeye fans), but fills passing lanes very well. Depends on what you are looking for in a LB. If you are stout up front in a 4-3 scheme, James is your guy. If you have stength in your secondary and wish to improve up front, take Rey. In my mind you can't go wrong either way and those who criticize James, clearly haven't watched enough Buckeye games.

People don't like the Buckeyes around here. Right on target about our D-Line, it has been pretty terrible this year. When we lost Wilson, I was getting a little scared. Nader Abdallah was tearing it up against Northwestern last week though. Nathan Williams had the two sacks on that last drive, he chased down Kafka on on of them.

beach tribe
11-12-2008, 12:43 PM
those who criticize James, clearly haven't watched enough Buckeye games.

And most Buckeye fans are usually big time homers.

chiefzilla1501
11-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Donnie Edwards is a player who was criticized because he couldn't shed blocks. But he has a nose for the ball, has very good speed, and can cover well. That's the kind of player Laurinitis is.

If you watch any Ohio State game, if Laurinitis is not making a tackle, he's a few yards away from the tackle. He has a nose for the ball. Like Edwards, he's not going to deliver bone-crushing hits, but he will make a lot of tackles and he will be a huge asset to the pass defense.

I agree with those who said... if we have confidence in Dorsey/Tank's future, then Laurinitis is a great pick. If we don't, Rey's a great pick. While Laurinitis can't do all the things Maualuga can do in run D, Maualuga can't do all the things Laurinitis does in pass D.

Just my opinion.

(Edited)

DaneMcCloud
11-12-2008, 12:53 PM

They're like Nebraska fans in that regard.

Nothing wrong with that, IMO.

Just a little myopic.

El Jefe
11-12-2008, 12:53 PM

Seriously, how many of us are on here, maybe 4? There are homers for every team.

beach tribe
11-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Seriously, how many of us are on here, maybe 4? There are homers for every team.

I know a lot of OS fans here in FL actually.

Frankie
11-12-2008, 02:45 PM
Maualuga. Thread over.

I second that motion.

Frankie
11-12-2008, 02:45 PM
Brandon. Spikes.

OLB, no?

ohiobronco2
11-12-2008, 02:46 PM
I know a lot of OS fans here in FL actually.

There are alot of Buckeye fans everywhere. With an enrollment of 50,000, hard not to have a decent following.

the Talking Can
11-12-2008, 02:47 PM
i'd take Cushing and Spikes over laryngitis...

DaneMcCloud
11-12-2008, 02:48 PM

Cushing in the second.

Not in the first.

the Talking Can
11-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Cushing in the second.

Not in the first.

right, unless in some hypothetical we dropped way down

ohiobronco2
11-12-2008, 02:50 PM
People don't like the Buckeyes around here. Right on target about our D-Line, it has been pretty terrible this year. When we lost Wilson, I was getting a little scared. Nader Abdallah was tearing it up against Northwestern last week though. Nathan Williams had the two sacks on that last drive, he chased down Kafka on on of them.

Well, a lot of teams would tear it up against Northwestern. I don't feel like they have a quality O line. I actually was a little disappointed with Wilson this year. I didn't think he was that effective, I don't know if he was getting double teamed or what. Bottom line is that OSU has a problem upfront, I'd like to see more opportunities for our linebacking core concerning blitz opportunities. The QB's we face are having too much time in my opinion.

Frankie
11-12-2008, 02:50 PM

We shouldn't. I think most everybody here agrees that Croyle has enough talent and heart. It's just his frame that fails him.

ohiobronco2
11-12-2008, 02:51 PM

Me too. I hear that Spikes is teh bst linzbaker eva !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frankie
11-12-2008, 02:51 PM

Loved it.

:shake:

DaKCMan AP
11-12-2008, 03:06 PM
OLB, no?

Maybe in a 3-4, but no, he's a Mike who can also blitz from the edge if needed.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XZIbdYWuDvA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XZIbdYWuDvA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ohiobronco2
11-12-2008, 03:18 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XZIbdYWuDvA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XZIbdYWuDvA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

He looked very impressive in that video. The point I'm trying to make about James is that he doesn't have those opportunities. Buckeye linebackes seem to rarely if ever blitz him. I think other schools have better athletes in the trenches, which is why James has to sit back so often.

the Talking Can
11-12-2008, 03:21 PM

that first play is the one that made come around on spikes....that was sweet, and he was on it all game..

Mecca
11-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Any Katzenmoyer was really retarded, this is the guy that nearly failed sex ed..injury or not he was just a really really stupid guy.

ohiobronco2
11-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Any Katzenmoyer was really retarded, this is the guy that nearly failed sex ed..injury or not he was just a really really stupid guy.

Yep. Boy was dumb as hell.

beach tribe
11-12-2008, 04:19 PM
There are alot of Buckeye fans everywhere. With an enrollment of 50,000, hard not to have a decent following.

Plus the fact that South FL is made up of people from all over the country/world, you get a lot of fans from everywhere.

notorious
11-12-2008, 05:00 PM
Alright, I apologize for calling Katznthehat a bust.

He had a huge body with OK speed. 255 with a 4.6+ 40 is not shabby. It seemed like he out of position a lot, but that may have been because of what Mecca stated.

Frankie
11-12-2008, 05:31 PM
Any Katzenmoyer was really retarded, this is the guy that nearly failed sex ed.

You mean he couldn't even count with his fingers?:eek:

veist
11-12-2008, 06:03 PM
I like Rey, but every time I watch him play I just get the feeling that he is going to get eaten alive by PA all the time if he plays that aggressive in the NFL.

chiefzilla1501
11-12-2008, 11:05 PM

I have to say, I've been in lots of cities over the last 5 years, and my interaction with Ohio State fans has been one of the best. They may be homers, but you can strike a good football conversation with any of them. Not like the other cities I've been to, most of whom claim to be big fans but couldn't tell you who their starting linebackers are. Hell, many of them couldn't tell you who their starting quarterback is.

Take that for what it's worth. I enjoy watching the Buckeyes with buddies, but I'm not a huge fan. There are mixed reviews about Laurinitis, but most people believe that his reputation has been hurt because his defensive line is getting mauled in front of him.

The Buckeyes are overrated and the Big 10 is starting to slip, but they still continue to be one of the more effective programs at consistently pumping out NFL-ready players.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-13-2008, 12:12 AM

I'll never forget reading and SI article that talked about that. I really hated that guy after seeing what a fucking meathead he was (not that I cared for him much to begin with).

chiefzilla1501
11-13-2008, 12:25 AM
I'll never forget reading and SI article that talked about that. I really hated that guy after seeing what a ****ing meathead he was (not that I cared for him much to begin with).

Yeah. Still the funniest SI Cover line of all time:
"Ohio State is #1*"
*if Andy Katzenmoyer Makes the Grade

How embarrassing is that to be so dumb that SI calls you out on the cover of the college football preview issue?

DaKCMan AP
11-13-2008, 04:39 AM
I have to say, I've been in lots of cities over the last 5 years, and my interaction with Ohio State fans has been one of the best. They may be homers, but you can strike a good football conversation with any of them. Not like the other cities I've been to, most of whom claim to be big fans but couldn't tell you who their starting linebackers are. Hell, many of them couldn't tell you who their starting quarterback is.

Take that for what it's worth. I enjoy watching the Buckeyes with buddies, but I'm not a huge fan. There are mixed reviews about Laurinitis, but most people believe that his reputation has been hurt because his defensive line is getting mauled in front of him.

The Buckeyes are overrated and the Big 10 is starting to slip, but they still continue to be one of the more effective programs at consistently pumping out NFL-ready players.

There is a large contingent of ohio state fans in the Tampa Bay area and more than half of my friends here are bucknuts. From personal experience they are all assholes. :D

ChiefGator
11-13-2008, 04:56 AM
There is a large contingent of ohio state fans in the Tampa Bay area and more than half of my friends here are bucknuts. From personal experience they are all assholes. :D

Yeah, but I love me some Buckeyes. They are so much fun to beat. :D

El Jefe
11-13-2008, 07:54 AM
Yep. Boy was dumb as hell.

Was, he is finishing his Masters at Otterbein.

ohiobronco2
11-13-2008, 09:33 AM
Was, he is finishing his Masters at Otterbein.

I couldn't tell you fella. I know he did finish his degree at another school. Don't know which one.

ohiobronco2
11-13-2008, 09:33 AM
Yeah, but I love me some Buckeyes. They are so much fun to beat. :D

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D

RustShack
11-13-2008, 09:36 AM
When I think of the Buckeyes I think of Maurice Clarett...

chiefzilla1501
11-13-2008, 11:32 AM

Yeah, lots of assholes, no doubt. But I think they know their players and know football, moreso than a lot of places I've been to.

chiefzilla1501
11-13-2008, 11:36 AM
When I think of the Buckeyes I think of Maurice Clarett...

You shouldn't. Tressel runs a pretty clean program. I have a tremendous amount of respect for him.

RustShack
11-13-2008, 12:00 PM
You shouldn't. Tressel runs a pretty clean program. I have a tremendous amount of respect for him.

Oh but I live me some Mo Clo!

ohiobronco2
11-13-2008, 02:30 PM
Oh but I live me some Mo Clo!

Grey Goose anyone?