PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Q&A with Glenn Dorsey - 11/12

Tribal Warfare
11-13-2008, 07:49 PM
Q&A with Glenn Dorsey - 11/12 (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/11/13/qa_with_glenn_dorsey__1112/)
Nov 13, 2008, 8:31:48 AM

New Orleans Conference Call

Q: Tell us how your rookie season is going so far?

A: Itís going alright. There are good days and bad days, but itís getting better every week.

Q: Did your preseason injury kind of set you back a little bit?

A: One day, Iíd come out and be good, the other day it would be sore. Itís good for the most part now.

Q: Was it the same knee that you hurt last year at LSU?

A: It was my left knee.

Q: Whatís the biggest adjustment for a defensive tackle going into his first year in the NFL?

A: Just techniquwise and the game speed, getting used to everybody being as good as you are and just trying to come out and work on everything, because everybodyís good.

Q: Are you aware that the Saints were interested in potentially drafting you?

A: Yes, I was aware of that. That would have been cool too. Iím a Chief. Iím happy here. Iíll be happy wherever I go.

Q: Did they tell you they might try to get you?

A: Yes, they were back and forth with my agent. They were talking to my agent about it. Thatís how it worked out.

Q: Did you grow up a Saints fan?

A: Of course. How can you grow up in Louisiana and not be a Saints fan?

Q: Does that give added meaning to this Sundayís game?

A: Of course, I have a lot of my family coming up this week for the first time. Theyíre Saints fans, but theyíre going to root for the Chiefs on Sunday.

Q: How much family do you have coming?

A: Like 40.

Q: Did you talk to Dwayne Bowe a lot about it? Is it special for them even though he grew up in Miami?

A: Yes. He has a lot of friends that are coming into town too; itíll be a big game for us.

Q: Have you formed a friendship with Dwayne and Rudy Niswanger?

A: Yes, we stick together. Weíre always talking and clowning around, asking how each otherís doing. Weíre always checking on each other to see if everybodyís going alright.

Q: How did you like Herman Edwardsí decision to go for two the other day?

A: I liked that. Weíre playing to win. We played some close games, so if you have an opportunity to win, why not go for it.

Q: How hard as it to lose as many games this year as in your college career nearly?

A: Itís tough. If you look around the locker room and at practice, everybodyís going 100 miles an hour and moving around to get this thing turned around. Itís bad losing, but coming to work, itís good to be with your teammates, because everyoneís pushing each other.

Q: Do you think youíre close to turning the corner?

A: Yes, I think weíre real close. Weíre putting in hard work all week. I think we are almost there. We just have to keep pushing, play hard, play a whole game and not give up big plays and make big plays. I think weíre close.

Q: Did you get to see the LSU Alabama game?

A: I watched the whole game. I felt bad. That was a tough way to lose after LSU played great. It was a tough way to lose. They have to keep it going for the rest of the season and play hard.

Q: Are you kind of hoping you get the chance to play against Reggie Bush?

A: Yes of course. Reggie Bush is a great player. Heís running everywhere. Heís a guy you want to keep contained. Itís fun to play a guy like that, because heís a big challenge.

Q: Since LSU and USC never play, with Reggie and Sedrick Ellis on this team and you, Dwayne Bowe, and Rudy Niswanger, can this settle the score?

A: We always go back and forth about that. If LSU and USC met, I feel like LSU would dominate, but it would have been a good game. It would have been fun. Weíll probably be talking back and forth this weekend.

Q: Youíve had some troubles stopping the run, whatís the biggest thing there?

A: Earlier in the season we had trouble stopping the run, but if you look at our last couple games, weíve done a good job there. There were a lot of mental mistakes, but we got those corrected, but weíve played hard.

Q: What do you think of Herman Edwards?

A: I like to play for him. Heís a great coach. Heís a good motivator. Heís talking trash. He makes practice fun and makes you want to go out and work hard. He tries to uplift you. He tries to stay positive, while talking about the little things you have to work on.

Q: Have you heard his play to win speech?

A: I heard that in college on You Tube. He doesnít say that anymore, but you play to win the game and thatís the objective. If you canít do that, you try to get better.

The Bad Guy
11-13-2008, 07:54 PM
ZZZZZ.

chiefs1111
11-13-2008, 07:58 PM
Well he is getting better as the season has gone on. I think he will be a beast for years to come for us. It would help though ifr he got some better coaching as well....

Buehler445
11-13-2008, 09:00 PM
What an abortion of an interview. "Hey guy, did you watch the game?" Give me a fucking break. College is over.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2008, 09:07 PM
What an abortion of an interview. "Hey guy, did you watch the game?" Give me a fucking break. College is over.

Apparently, you didn't play college ball or hang out with guys that did.

Those guys, no matter how far removed from college, ALWAYS watch the games.

milkman
11-13-2008, 09:11 PM

Yeah, but I bet there is like two Chiefs fans that gives a rat's ass that he watched the game.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2008, 09:17 PM
Yeah, but I bet there is like two Chiefs fans that gives a rat's ass that he watched the game.

I would venture to guess that those questions came from the N.O. media.

Buehler445
11-13-2008, 09:19 PM

I friggin KNOW he watched the game. Shit, I watched the game and I didn't go to either one of those schools. But that has ratshit to do with Chiefs or even Kansas City news.

He watched the game. So fucking what?

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2008, 09:38 PM
I friggin KNOW he watched the game. Shit, I watched the game and I didn't go to either one of those schools. But that has ratshit to do with Chiefs or even Kansas City news.

He watched the game. So fucking what?

It was a question from the New Orleans media.

Have a hissy fit about it, okay?

KCwolf
11-13-2008, 10:52 PM
It was a question from the New Orleans media.

Have a hissy fit about it, okay?

No SH** .... Get off the kid......
Getting better every week.
Time will tell....so far so good.

Reerun_KC
11-13-2008, 11:30 PM
No SH** .... Get off the kid......
Getting better every week.
Time will tell....so far so good.

This thread wished it had burst...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

chief52
11-13-2008, 11:38 PM
damn...tough crowd.

Reerun_KC
11-13-2008, 11:41 PM
Retarded interview...

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2008, 11:56 PM
Retarded interview...

New Orleans press.

LSU player.

Get over it.

PhillyChiefFan
11-14-2008, 06:11 AM
ZZZZZ.

I'll 2nd that.

Demonpenz
11-14-2008, 08:54 AM
Hey dorsey do you feel confortable being pushed back 5 yards in the backfield or is there another reason you are back there all the time?

El Jefe
11-14-2008, 11:23 AM
Hey dorsey do you feel confortable being pushed back 5 yards in the backfield or is there another reason you are back there all the time?

Now it's an interview, that would be hilarious if someone had the balls to ask it. It would never happen but I would like to know that myself.

Dylan
11-14-2008, 11:33 AM
LMAO at this whole thread... too funny

Demonpenz
11-14-2008, 11:53 AM
Do agree now that you didn't deserve to go in the 2nd or 3rd round let alone in in the 1st and how much did you pay your agent to hype you up.

chiefsngop
11-14-2008, 02:35 PM

I'll actually agree with you on this.

I punted for a tiny ass college in KS. Those guys still call me when big games for the school are coming up. None of us were great or turned pro, but it's hard to impossible to get that stuff out of your system no matter where you go after graduation.

chiefsngop
11-14-2008, 02:37 PM

Do you feel comfortable not understanding that it takes more than 1 season to develop an NCAA D-lineman into an NFL D-lineman ?

Ask the Houston Texans fans about this. Check the stats from rookie season to now.....

I'd bet my bottom dollar that if not next season then definetly the season after, Dorsey will have most the posters here hangin from his n*tsack.

DaneMcCloud
11-14-2008, 02:40 PM
I'll actually agree with you on this.

I punted for a tiny ass college in KS. Those guys still call me when big games for the school are coming up. None of us were great or turned pro, but it's hard to impossible to get that stuff out of your system no matter where you go after graduation.

I had a few close friends play at Coffeyville for Dick back in the early to mid 80's. Many of the guys on those teams (I think they won a national JUCO championship or were close to it) went on to play major college ball and one of the guys was a stud for the Buffalo Bills during their 4 year Super Bowl run.

Anyway, I'd go down to visit and go to a game a few times a season and all those guys could talk about afterwards was football. This play, that play, this play and on and on and on.

I got bored and grabbed a cheerleader, took her to her house and banged her.

Came back a few hours later and the guys were still yammering about the game.

Jocks.

Heh.

chiefsngop
11-14-2008, 02:53 PM
I had a few close friends play at Coffeyville for Dick back in the early to mid 80's. Many of the guys on those teams (I think they won a national JUCO championship or were close to it) went on to play major college ball and one of the guys was a stud for the Buffalo Bills during their 4 year Super Bowl run.

Anyway, I'd go down to visit and go to a game a few times a season and all those guys could talk about afterwards was football. This play, that play, this play and on and on and on.

I got bored and grabbed a cheerleader, took her to her house and banged her.

Came back a few hours later and the guys were still yammering about the game.

Jocks.

Heh.

Was he any good ? :D

Tribal Warfare
11-14-2008, 02:56 PM

Jeff Wright was the guy, a family friend knows him real well. I got an autograph from him when I was 11 years old.

DaneMcCloud
11-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Jeff Wright was the guy, a family friend knows him real well. I got an autograph from him when I was 11 years old.

Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner!

He was a pretty intense dude.

Fortunately, I didn't bang his girlfriend.

It was one of his teammates' girlfriend.

:D

Tribal Warfare
11-14-2008, 03:15 PM
Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner!

He was a pretty intense dude.

Fortunately, I didn't bang his girlfriend.

It was one of his teammates' girlfriend.

:D

Awesome!!!!!!! :D