PDA

View Full Version : Football Blue Valley vs Blue Valley Northwest

Farzin
11-14-2008, 10:17 PM
I don't see the HS Football thread, so I'll create this one.

By any chance did anyone attend the game or listen on 610? I was filming the game for a local student news TV station (BVTV.)

Incase anyone didn't see/hear the game: Blue Valley decided to go for it all on 4th and long while trailing 20-17 with 10 seconds left. Blue Valley passes down on the two yard line, but the receiver from Blue Valley fumbles and the ball is on the redzone. Blue Valley recovered the ball in the redzone, giving them the TD. Blue Valley Northwest fans were really unsatisfied with the call. You could hear the "BS" chant from the student section. Everyone thought it was an incomplete pass.

Metro Sports had a camera man at the game, but they have to leave early to edit the highlights and air it as they don't have the chance to stay the entire game. The highlights for my TV station doesn't need to be aired until Wednesday as we do a sports show that day. Metro Sports called and asked for the tape as they made a deal with me. I never got a chance to look over the footage, but live, it really looked like an incomplete pass.

My question to anyone who attended the game, did you think it was an incompletion or a fumble?

BigRedChief
11-14-2008, 11:10 PM
I don't see the HS Football thread,
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=190023&page=10&highlight=high+school+football

Farzin
11-14-2008, 11:23 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=190023&page=10&highlight=high+school+football

sorry about that..thanks.

milmil13
11-14-2008, 11:25 PM
My little bro plays for NW and the guys covering RAMPY'S kid (emphasis on who it is they are saying made the "catch") said he never had control of it, and lost it when he hit the ground.

My thought was that you could not advance the ball on a fumble if the offense recovers.

NFL16
11-14-2008, 11:38 PM
My little bro plays for NW and the guys covering RAMPY'S kid (emphasis on who it is they are saying made the "catch") said he never had control of it, and lost it when he hit the ground.

My thought was that you could not advance the ball on a fumble if the offense recovers.

I played in the game....

Who's your little bro?

milmil13
11-14-2008, 11:39 PM
Seth, you play for NW I am assuming.

NFL16
11-14-2008, 11:48 PM
ya, the call was complete bull sh*t. There were actually several throughout the game.

milmil13
11-14-2008, 11:50 PM
Why didn't the coaches try to argue, I know there is no replay, but they need to stick up for you guys. They were the same way when I played there.

Farzin
11-15-2008, 05:20 AM
Why didn't the coaches try to argue, I know there is no replay, but they need to stick up for you guys. They were the same way when I played there.

The coaches did. I recorded the coaches speaking to the refs. I caught up with the NW coach after the game and I asked him what the refs said. He was told by the refs that it was a catch, fumble and TD.

Sorry for your loss. I was pullin' for you guys..Awesome job making it that far. BVTV will be showing highlights.