PDA

View Full Version : Ideas/Suggestions for starting/creating a new league..

Ceej
11-14-2008, 11:43 PM
Well, I've made my mind up. I'm done with shady teams/players in this current league. It's my 3rd and final year and I know about half of the league on a personal basis. There's 3 or 4 in the league I don't know.

So, I've decided to start my own league.

I need some help.

Currently we're going with the standard 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 K and I D.
It's going to be a $50 entry I think, maybe $75. I plan on getting guys I know and I can trust.

Some ideas which have been thrown out are - a no trades league - which would mean obvious infinite waiver wire pickups. Possibly boosting up the draft rounds if we decide to do a no trade league.

The league I am in now is a 5 pickups all year league and that's that. It's alright, but again, there are 3-4 guys in it who are lazy.

So, I'm asking you league extraordaires what works best? If you have anything to ask - please feel free to do so.

morphius
11-16-2008, 02:25 PM
I like 3 - WR's over 2, for some reason.

I like 4 pt for TD passes, and a point for a reception. I also like D's that don't get negatively impacted when the O throw a pick 6 or fumble return for 6.

Nzoner
11-16-2008, 09:37 PM
Here's the rules to our 12 man $150 entry league,I'll tell you upfront you've never seen anything quite like it but we absolutely love it.

The Franchise that scores the most total points in month of Sept wins $40 bonus, Oct wins $40 bonus, Nov wins $40 bonus, and Dec/Jan wins $120 bonus

Each team owner will receive 7 free transactions for the year. All subsequent transactions will cost $5 per transaction. Add/drops will be allowed thru the entire season. Any of the 7 free transactions not used by the end of the season are forfited. Trades between teams are considered 1 transaction, regardless of how many players are traded. However, trades may only be done until Sunday, November 30, 2008 at 11:59 AM.

Rosters must maintain original format as described on this site. All add/drops are on a first come/first serve basis. Availability of player determined by My Fantasy League. All add/drops may be done at any time during the week. Any player added during a game in which the player is involved will not be available to be used during that game. STARTING LINEUPS 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 1 K 1 Def 1 Coach Starting lineups must be submitted before each players game begins. Partial lineups may be submitted for players in games early in the week.

LEAGUE RANKINGS Although we play head-to-head each week, the overall standings will be based on how a team did versus the league. Example: Team A vs. Team B. Team A scores 173.3 fantasy points to Team B's 160.5. Team A is rewarded a victory for head-to-head standings and an overall League Standings score of 11 points since 173.3 was the high score for the week. Team B with 160.5 had second high score of the week and is awarded 10 League Standings points for the week, and yet takes a loss in the head-to-head standings. Thus, League Standings points are awarded for each Team with the lowest fantasy points score for the week receiving 0 League Standings points. The Team with the highest total of League Standings points at the end of the regular season will be the League Season Champion.

TIE BREAKERS #1 - Highest Season Point Total #2 - Head To Head Competition between tied Teams #3 - Total Scores in tied Teams' head-to-head games #4 - Highest Season Point Total of Opponents Played PAYOUTS Overall League Season Record 1st Place: $250 + 35% of regular season transaction pot 2nd Place: $150 + 25% 3rd Place: $90 + 15% 4th Place: $55 + 12% 5th Place: $35 + 8% 6th Place: $20 + 5%

Head-To-Head Regular Season Record 1st Place: $50 2nd Place: $25 Highest Season Point Total: $75 2nd Highest Season Point Total: $50 Highest 1 Game Total: $25 High Game For QB, RB, WR/TE, Def, K: $50 each Highest Team Score Each Week: $10

PLAYOFFS The top 6 teams, based on overall League Standings points, will advance to the playoffs. Teams will play thru the Super Bowl on a total point system. There will be no head-to-head competition. Starting lineups will consist of the same positions as the regular season or fewer if a Team does not have players for each position. Fantasy points will accumulate for each playoff game thru the Super Bowl. The Team with the most total fantasy points will be the playoff winner.

PLAYOFF REDRAFT A redraft will be held before the 1st playoff game. The redraft player pool will consist of all players on the rosters of League Teams that did not make the League Playoffs as well as any free agents available at that time. Draft order is determined by random drawing with each even numbered round proceeding in reverse order. Each player added will cost $5 transaction fee. Each Team owner may draft as many players as desired as long as roster conforms to regular season status. No players may be added/dropped adter redraft. PLAYOFF PAYOUTS 1st Place: $140 + 75% of redraft transaction pot 2nd Place: $45 + 25%

smittysbar
11-20-2008, 05:37 PM
I like to have a 2 day voting period on trades, that way a team doesn't throw his team to a buddy. We have unlimited transactions but do have waivers, which I think is a must. Trade deadline was 2 weeks ago I believe.