PDA

View Full Version : Life I accidentally called the cops on my neighbors >.<

Silock
11-16-2008, 02:51 AM
So, I've been sitting here, hearing this thumping sound coming from somewhere. Lots of bass, permeating the house. I looked out the windows, didn't see anything. I figured it must be coming from some street nearby, but there's no way I was going to go traipsing around at 3 in the morning looking for some kids so I could tell them to knock it off. I just called the cops, reported a noise disturbance in my vicinity, and about 30 minutes later, it stops.

Fast forward to 10 minutes ago. The dog is freaking out and has to take a shit. I take her outside, and I finally figure out where the music was coming from -- next door. Now, I don't know these neighbors. Never bothered to meet them, but we're always cordial, I suppose. They have some really young kids, but I guess they were gone for the evening (I would hope so). Their lights are on all over the house, and I hear the music. So, while I'm outside, my dog starts barking at their dog, who is left outside. I can't get mine to shut up and just take a shit, so of course their dog is going apeshit, too.

I see someone come outside of their house, storm around the side and try to get the dog to shut up. He looked PISSED. I'm not sure if it was my neighbor or not, but now I feel bad. I think I might have ruined their party, but fuck it -- they were keeping my wife awake, and that shit ain't cool. I still feel a bit like a douche, though. Besides, it's not like I knew where the music was coming from when I first called the cops. They should have more respect for their neighbors at 3 in the morning, anyway.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-16-2008, 03:35 AM
How old are you?

phisherman
11-16-2008, 05:26 AM
dude, it doesn't matter how old/young you are, playing the thumping bass at 3 am in a residential neighborhood and keeping people up is NEVER cool.

MIAdragon
11-16-2008, 05:43 AM
dude, it doesn't matter how old/young you are, playing the thumping bass at 3 am in a residential neighborhood and keeping people up is NEVER cool.

This.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-16-2008, 06:03 AM
This.

Meh. If it was a one-time thing, I don't know if it's something worth calling the cops over. Generally, if you go over and politely explain yourself, people are pretty understanding.

I've had people "accidentally" call the cops on me or my friends before. It could have been easily avoided with a courteous visit, and no one has to get a noise violation and go to court to fuck with it.

milkman
11-16-2008, 06:09 AM
Meh. If it was a one-time thing, I don't know if it's something worth calling the cops over. Generally, if you go over and politely explain yourself, people are pretty understanding.

I've had people "accidentally" call the cops on me or my friends before. It could have been easily avoided with a courteous visit, and no one has to get a noise violation and go to court to **** with it.

Generally speaking, if someone is blaring their music at 3 in the morning, then their dumbass don't care that they are disturbing their nieghbor, or are too stupid to realize it.

They will pay for their apathy, or their stupidity.

One way or the other, I don't care.

You wake me up, your ass is going to pay.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-16-2008, 06:10 AM
Generally speaking, if someone is blaring their music at 3 in the morning, then their dumbass don't care that they are disturbing their nieghbor, or are too stupid to realize it.

They will pay for their apathy, or their stupidity.

One way or the other, I don't care.

You wake me up, your ass is going to pay.

Yeah, but you hate everyone.

milkman
11-16-2008, 06:12 AM

I'm unbiased that way.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-16-2008, 06:13 AM
I'm unbiased that way.

It's one of your more redeeming qualities.

phisherman
11-16-2008, 06:14 AM

I've had people "accidentally" call the cops on me or my friends before. It could have been easily avoided with a courteous visit, and no one has to get a noise violation and go to court to **** with it.

here's my issue with that: if you're cranking tunes in your neighborhood that late at night, when you know that there are families with children or people that have to get up and work the next morning, well, let's just say that i don't feel all that sorry for you if the cops get called on you.

and fwiw, i don't hate everyone.

Bwana
11-16-2008, 06:25 AM

Indeed

milkman
11-16-2008, 06:30 AM
It's one of your more redeeming qualities.

I'm just lovable, I know.

Sully
11-16-2008, 07:14 AM
I did that several months ago...but it was a constant, night-after-night thing. And when I finally called, it was 530am on a weeknight.

Many of you may remember the story of the SWAT team busting into my neighbor's house...same house.

patteeu
11-16-2008, 07:16 AM
I don't have a problem with what Silock did. If it was me and it wasn't a regular occurrence, I don't think I'd call the cops just because of the chance that it could create bad blood with my neighbors.* But the reason for this post is to celebrate the decision I made to move out to the country where none of this kind of thing ever happens and if I want to I can crank up my bass to earth-vibrating levels without fear that I'll be bothering my neighbors. Life is good in the country.

-----
* I realize that Silock didn't know it was his neighbor and I get the impression that he might not have called the police if he had.

cookster50
11-16-2008, 07:19 AM

Pot Kettle, Kettle Pot

Midnight_Vulture
I have a huge problem with what the thread starter did. People like him are just bitter that they werent invited to the party. Freakin snitch.

And couldnt you of just walked over to the house since it was NEXT DOOR?!??! And tell the dudes to turn the music down?

Pathetic. People like you make me sick. My friends and I paint balled a house that snitched on us for this exact reason.

milkman
I don't have a problem with what Silock did. If it was me and it wasn't a regular occurrence, I don't think I'd call the cops just because of the chance that it could create bad blood with my neighbors.* But the reason for this post is to celebrate the decision I made to move out to the country where none of this kind of thing ever happens and if I want to I can crank up my bass to earth-vibrating levels without fear that I'll be bothering my neighbors. Life is good in the country.

-----
* I realize that Silock didn't know it was his neighbor and I get the impression that he might not have called the police if he had.

Just thinking about you cranking up your base bothers me.

I'm calling the cops.

What's your address.

Include city?

Thanks.

Bwana
Many of you may remember the story of the SWAT team busting into my neighbor's house...same house.

LMAO

I think I just figured out where my meth monkey neighbors that lived across the alley in the rental a few years ago went. I guess I missed the "SWAT" story, but it sounds like a gem.

milkman
11-16-2008, 07:22 AM
I have a huge problem with what the thread starter did. People like him are just bitter that they werent invited to the party. Freakin snitch.

And couldnt you of just walked over to the house since it was NEXT DOOR?!??! And tell the dudes to turn the music down?

Pathetic. People like you make me sick. My friends and I paint balled a house that snitched on us for this exact reason.

And you, of course, suffered no consequences.

You are a lying sack of shit.

Midnight_Vulture
11-16-2008, 07:24 AM
They didnt know it was us teehee. We didnt do it right after they called the cops. We waited a couple of months.

tmax63
11-16-2008, 07:55 AM
If you're gonna have a bash then at least in passing mention it to your neighbor "we're having a party Sat nite etc." Esp. if you rarely have bashes. It's called courtesy. It normally keeps neighbors from calling cops at 3am (that damn courtesy thing again.) Hell, if you think they're decent neighbors you might even invite them. Hard to call the cops if you're an accomplice.

Hog Farmer
11-16-2008, 07:56 AM
You should have just set their house on fire!

Bugeater
11-16-2008, 08:11 AM
here's my issue with that: if you're cranking tunes in your neighborhood that late at night, when you know that there are families with children or people that have to get up and work the next morning, well, let's just say that i don't feel all that sorry for you if the cops get called on you
Couldn't agree more.

Skip Towne
11-16-2008, 08:15 AM
Have you met SNR? You'd like him. He's a rat bastard too.

RNR
11-16-2008, 08:34 AM
They didnt know it was us teehee. We didnt do it right after they called the cops. We waited a couple of months.

:rolleyes: You really typed that wow! And to your other post who in the hell would want to party with a guy that says "teehee"

Adept Havelock
11-16-2008, 08:39 AM
[/thread]

StcChief
11-16-2008, 08:40 AM

Pathetic. People like you make me sick. My friends and I paint balled a house that snitched on us for this exact reason.you sir are a true punk dumba$$. and why aren't you road pizza yet. ?

Bwana
11-16-2008, 08:40 AM
:rolleyes: You really typed that wow! And to your other post who in the hell would want to party with a guy that says "teehee"

These two and perhaps the Village People?

StcChief
11-16-2008, 08:41 AM
You should have just set their house on fire!let's get the cops going and fireman up at 3am.

the whole neighborhood up to watch the events....

milkman
11-16-2008, 08:42 AM

I was thinking more like the Ricky Schroeder Siver Spoons character.

Bwana
11-16-2008, 08:43 AM
I was thinking more like the Ricky Schroeder Siver Spoons character.

I bet Pee-Wee Herman would be game as well.

milkman
11-16-2008, 08:45 AM
I bet Pee-Wee Herman would be game as well.

And how about Punky Brewster?

And the kids from "A Family Affair"?

The Brady Bunch?

The two youngest from "The Partridge Family"?

RNR
11-16-2008, 08:48 AM

:clap: very true that is the strangest thing about hanging out on the net you run into to these type of twats. In the real world they dont act and talk like that, and if they do a good old fashioned snot bubbler makes them stop.

Bwana
11-16-2008, 08:52 AM
And how about Punky Brewster?

And the kids from "A Family Affair"?

The Brady Bunch?

The two youngest from "The Partridge Family"?

Others who would also likely be game: Carnival workers, Gary Coleman, your below average meth whore and the Nancy that does the Sham-Wow commercials.

milkman
11-16-2008, 08:54 AM
Others who would also likely be game: Carnival workers, Gary Coleman, your below average meth whore and the Nancy that does the Sham-Wow commercials.

Party Time!!!!

RNR
11-16-2008, 08:55 AM
you sir are a true punk dumba$$. and why aren't you road pizza yet. ?

Because he does not have a bike.

Bwana
11-16-2008, 08:58 AM
Party Time!!!!

Indeed!

KCrockaholic
11-16-2008, 09:09 AM
I think you probably did the most logical thing, if you hadnt called they probably would have blared it all night long, keeping you and your wife up. Which in consequence you would have fall asleep during the chiefs game today and missed Thiggys Joe Montana-like comeback today against the Aints. whew, good call. :clap:

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-16-2008, 09:22 AM
Good work Silock. There's a serious lack of commom courtesy in the world these days and if it takes cops to smack some courtesy upside a stupid neighbors head then so be it.

cabletech94
11-16-2008, 09:34 AM
Were the neighbors partying in their garage with lawnchairs?

MIAdragon
11-16-2008, 10:15 AM

Hey come paint ball my house.......

Midnight_Vulture
11-16-2008, 12:43 PM
Hey come paint ball my house.......

Whats your address.:D

And I love you all think I am talking crap. I am merely expressing my personal opinion on the subject at hand. I think the thread starter is a giant douche for calling the cops. Simply WALK NEXT DOOR and knock on the freakin door!!!! Its not that hard.:doh!:

Skip Towne
11-16-2008, 12:45 PM
Whats your address.:D

And I love you all think I am talking crap. I am merely expressing my personal opinion on the subject at hand. I think the thread starter is a giant douche for calling the cops. Simply WALK NEXT DOOR and knock on the freakin door!!!! Its not that hard.:doh!:

OK, Guido

Bwana
11-16-2008, 07:20 PM
OK, Guido

No, it's OK "Vince." Shamwow!!

Silock
11-16-2008, 07:34 PM

-----

Exactly. Had I known it was them, I would have let it go. Hence, the title of accidentally calling the cops on them. Oh well.

kchero
11-16-2008, 08:58 PM

agreed, most stuff can be avoided by a visit and if they are generally decent neighbors I honestly dont mind people having a party every once in awhile, but then again I wasn't there so I dont know how loud it really was.

JBucc
11-16-2008, 09:04 PM
Next time ring the doorbell and leave a flaming bag of their dogs head on the porch.

blueballs
11-16-2008, 09:06 PM
better yet
next time call in some punks and assholes to crash the party

Valiant
11-16-2008, 09:12 PM
here's my issue with that: if you're cranking tunes in your neighborhood that late at night, when you know that there are families with children or people that have to get up and work the next morning, well, let's just say that i don't feel all that sorry for you if the cops get called on you.

and fwiw, i don't hate everyone.

Every now and then especially on the weekends should just let it go.. If it happens all the time then I agree, but if you are calling the cops because your neighbor is keeping you up later 1 or 2 nights out of the entire year then you are a selfish douche..

But if it is weekly, then you need to have a talk with the neighbors first and if they don't compromise then call the cops on their asses..

Valiant
11-16-2008, 09:14 PM
I think you probably did the most logical thing, if you hadnt called they probably would have blared it all night long, keeping you and your wife up. Which in consequence you would have fall asleep during the chiefs game today and missed Thiggys Joe Montana-like comeback today against the Aints. whew, good call. :clap:

MOst bashes start dying off at 3am and everyone is drunk and passed out by 4am..

Valiant
11-16-2008, 09:15 PM
Exactly. Had I known it was them, I would have let it go. Hence, the title of accidentally calling the cops on them. Oh well.

Fair enough..

Why weren't you partying with them??

Coach
11-16-2008, 09:16 PM
I would grab my shotgun from my closet, and tell my wife "Be back in a bit. If I'm not back in 5 minutes, just wait longer."

Then I would go knock on the neighbor's door, and politely introduce myself, and that I am not afraid to use this gun if they don't cease the noise within the next 30 seconds, or I will shot up their fridge.

Valiant
11-16-2008, 09:17 PM
I would grab my shotgun from my closet, and tell my wife "Be back in a bit. If I'm not back in 5 minutes, just wait longer."

Then I would go knock on the neighbor's door, and politely introduce myself, and that I am not afraid to use this gun if they don't cease the noise within the next 30 seconds, or I will shot up their fridge.

And end up in jail..

Coach
11-16-2008, 09:19 PM
And end up in jail..

Not if you are crafty about creating an alibi and wiping off evidence....

Silock
11-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Fair enough..

Why weren't you partying with them??

I wasn't invited.

And it was 3 in the morning.

Frazod
11-16-2008, 09:30 PM
My neighbors have parties occasionally. I can hear the music, but I figure fuck it, its Saturday. I'm usually out on Saturdays anyway. But 3:00 a.m. is pushing it.

Still, I'd knock first.

Mecca
11-16-2008, 09:30 PM
This entire thread is quite bizarre.

Fairplay
11-17-2008, 05:54 AM

I would call the cops also. Besides, if you talked to the neighbors, they would turn it down a "little." Then you would still hear their music.

Fairplay
11-17-2008, 05:57 AM

You are such an adult.

Midnight_Vulture
11-17-2008, 08:20 AM
Every now and then especially on the weekends should just let it go.. If it happens all the time then I agree, but if you are calling the cops because your neighbor is keeping you up later 1 or 2 nights out of the entire year then you are a selfish douche..

But if it is weekly, then you need to have a talk with the neighbors first and if they don't compromise then call the cops on their asses..

Okay see I can definitely agree with this. If it happens like every night then yeah something needs to be done but if its just happens a couple nights out of the year...completely selfish and you need to turn in your man card for being a cock blocking d bag.:shake:

StcChief
11-17-2008, 08:56 AM
MOst bashes start dying off at 3am and everyone is drunk and passed out by 4am..ask 'em how may Redbull drinks they had....... Alert drunks are worse.

FishingRod
11-17-2008, 09:22 AM

You might want to be a little careful doing that. There are a number of people on this board that it would be very dangerous to shoot a gun at their house be it a paint ball gun or not. They might return fire before they check to see what kind of gun you are using and some wouldn't care.

12 gauge > paintball.

I simply retaliate with a William Shatner CD. Mr. Tambourine Man can cause massive bleeding from the eyes and ears.