PDA

View Full Version : KU Kansas now points to game against Missouri

KChiefs1
11-16-2008, 10:14 AM
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/mizzou/story/40B0E30B1D0984F9862575030017BA7B?OpenDocument

Kansas now points to game against Missouri on Nov. 29 as a chance to still have 'a great season.'
By Gerry Fraley
SPECIAL TO THE POST-DISPATCH
Sunday, Nov. 16 2008

LAWRENCE, Kan. — A year ago, Missouri kept Kansas out of the Big 12 title game.

In two weeks, Missouri can add to Kansas' misery.

Kansas continued its steep fall from grace on Saturday with a 35-7 loss to No.
4 Texas at Memorial Stadium. Colt McCoy threw for 255 yards and two touchdowns
and ran for one. Only a kind-hearted move by Longhorns coach Mack Brown, who
pulled back in the fourth quarter, kept the score from being more one-sided.

"If 35-7 at Kansas isn't good enough for somebody out there, we'll just go
where they tell us,'' said Brown, whose team is pushing for a BCS-level bowl.

There will be no BCS bowl for the Jayhawks. They have lost four of their last
five games to drop to 6-5 overall and 3-4 in the Big 12.

Kansas' chances of winning the North are gone, buried by the powerhouses from
the South.

Last season's 12-1 performance looks more like a fluke than a
statement.

"You can't add much more to the disappointment of today,'' Kansas center Ryan
Cantrell said. "If you want to throw that in, go for it.''

There's more.

The stakes have changed for the annual "Border War'' against Missouri, set for
Nov. 29 in Kansas City. The Jayhawks are reduced to the role of spoilers, a
tell-tale sign of a team gone bad.

"There's one thing left for us to do, and that's play that last game as best we
can,'' linebacker Mike Rivera said. "It's disappointing that we didn't do a lot
of big things, but if we can win this last game, it'll be a great season.''

To do that, Kansas must heal itself. The Jayhawks are beat up physically and
mentally. Pounded by Nebraska a week earlier, quarterback Todd Reesing
participated in only one practice, on Thursday, leading up to this game.

Reesing said the lack of practice time and his conditions were not problems,
but he did not play well. He completed only 25-of-50 passes, most of which were
short-range tosses, for 258 yards and one score. He showed neither the ability
nor the desire to run, a major part of his game. That handicapped Kansas'
offense.

In the first half, Kansas twice went for it on fourth down inside the Texas
40-yard line. The Jayhawks needed short yardage each time, an ideal situation
for Reesing the runner. He never moved. Reesing stayed in the pocket and threw
incompletions on low-percentage passes.

"He's banged up,'' Kansas coach Mark Mangino said. "But he wouldn't use that as
an excuse, and neither would I.''

The offense lost two more weapons during play. Receiver Kerry Meier appeared to
strain a hamstring muscle on a first-quarter play and limped about for the
duration. Leading rusher Jake Sharp received an undisclosed injury during the
first half and had only six carries for 11 yards. Their status for the Missouri
game is uncertain.

"The big thing now is to stay positive,'' Reesing said. "We still have a big
game to play. We want to let these seniors go out on a more positive note than
today.

"Any year you can beat Missouri, a lot of people will be happy about that.
Beating them would be a way to turn around some of the disappointment of this
team and get a good taste in our mouth.''

Reesing apologized to the defense for not backing up its play. In a sign of how
times have changed for Kansas, this ranks among the best defensive performances
of the season. Kansas has allowed 317 points in 11 games, 104 more than last
season's total for 13 games. The schedule explains much of the difference in
the points and the record.

A year ago, Kansas allowed a total of 49 points in wins against Baylor,
Oklahoma State and Texas A&M out of the South. This season, Kansas allowed 143
points in losses to the kingpins of the South: Oklahoma, Texas and Texas Tech.

"We had a tougher schedule with the South,'' linebacker James Holt said.
"People can say what they want about last year being a fluke, but it's over.

We're playing for pride now. We can lay down and die, or we can keep fighting
in the next game. I'm going to keep fighting.''

It's Missouri. That alone, Holt said, is enough.

Bearcat
11-16-2008, 10:22 AM
There will be no BCS bowl for the Jayhawks.

What a retarded Captain-Obvious statement... yeah, after last year, the Jayhawks' goal every year is to go to a BCS bowl. I mean, it's been a trend for what, one season? :rolleyes:

Some people really don't get it. It's not about making a statement or being a fluke for one season... it's about making progress, and the Jayhawks have made a lot of progress under Mangino.

It's hilarious that people keep trying to make jabs at last season. Whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess.

Bearcat
11-16-2008, 10:25 AM
Regarding the 'great season' remark, 7-5 would be fine with me.... 6-6 would be a little disappointing, but sh*t happens. I was hoping they would go 2-3 in their 5 biggest games, so if they beat Mizzou they'll go 1-4. Not great, but it really could be worse...

KCChiefsMan
11-16-2008, 10:38 AM
well if we beat Mizzou I will forget about the rest of the losses

HolyHandgernade
11-16-2008, 11:00 AM
Last season's 12-1 performance looks more like a fluke than a statement.

What an ignorant statement. We lose two all-americans, four integral players and our D coordinator and all of a sudden last season was a fluke? We lost to one team ranked 3rd in the nation at the time, beat another in the Orange Bowl, and it was a fluke? Oh, it's a St. Louis paper, for a moment I thought it was something relevant.

-HH

Reerun_KC
11-16-2008, 11:01 AM
St Louis will never be relevant...

Spicy McHaggis
11-16-2008, 11:11 AM
Last season's 12-1 performance looks more like a fluke than a statement.

Maybe. But the trophy from that fluke still sits next to the NC one.

I was hoping for 8-4 this season and I'll admit I'm disappointed KU didn't take care of business against Nebraska. Congrats to Mizzou on the North and honestly, I wouldn't mind watching you kick Texas' ass.

Frazod
11-16-2008, 11:12 AM
What an ignorant statement. We lose two all-americans, four integral players and our D coordinator and all of a sudden last season was a fluke? We lost to one team ranked 3rd in the nation at the time, beat another in the Orange Bowl, and it was a fluke? Oh, it's a St. Louis paper, for a moment I thought it was something relevant.

-HH

To be fair, anybody with an IQ above 50 knew you were a fluke last year, before any of that other shit happened.

You succeeded in riding a nothing schedule to a ridiculously inflated record, and impressed the hell out of nobody, except for a handful of guys who own a stadium in Miami. Sadly, due the corruption and ignorance of the BCS, that was enough.

But it still is what it was then.

And don't think for a minute that our players won't remember that bullshit.

Reerun_KC
11-16-2008, 11:16 AM
To be fair, anybody with an IQ above 50 knew you were a fluke last year, before any of that other shit happened.

You succeeded in riding a nothing schedule to a ridiculously inflated record, and impressed the hell out of nobody, except for a handful of guys who own a stadium in Miami. Sadly, due the corruption and ignorance of the BCS, that was enough.

Well THANK GOD MU showed up this year and made the North proud...

We have something you dont.... A BCS bowl win.... :clap:

Bearcat
11-16-2008, 11:18 AM
Maybe. But the trophy from that fluke still sits next to the NC one.

I was hoping for 8-4 this season and I'll admit I'm disappointed KU didn't take care of business against Nebraska. Congrats to Mizzou on the North and honestly, I wouldn't mind watching you kick Texas' ass.

Yep... people can waste their time trying to take it away, but it'll stay in the trophy case. Illinois, Hawaii, Virginia Tech, and Ohio State also made BCS bowls last season... it's not like Kansas crashed a party of elite CFB teams. Blame the system.

Frazod
11-16-2008, 11:19 AM

100 years from now, when everybody who knows the truth about it is long dead, it'll really look impressive, too. :whackit:

Spicy McHaggis
11-16-2008, 11:23 AM
Yep... people can waste their time trying to take it away, but it'll stay in the trophy case. Illinois, Hawaii, Virginia Tech, and Ohio State also made BCS bowls last season... it's not like Kansas crashed a party of elite CFB teams. Blame the system.

And to be honest, Kansas actually looked like they belonged in their bowl game while Hawaii and Illinois looked completely outclassed.

Reerun_KC
11-16-2008, 11:29 AM
100 years from now, when everybody who knows the truth about it is long dead, it'll really look impressive, too. :whackit:

Well at least you will have Moral victories over that said BCS winning team....

Frazod
11-16-2008, 11:31 AM
Well at least you will have Moral victories over that said BCS winning team....

That was an ACTUAL victory, Gracie. Please try to keep up.

Reerun_KC
11-16-2008, 11:35 AM
That was an ACTUAL victory, Gracie. Please try to keep up.

I am keeping up, I will send pictures of the trophies to you when we go up there in a few weeks....

Actual/Moral, its all you got.... besides, let it go, it doesnt matter now...

Frazod
11-16-2008, 11:38 AM
I am keeping up, I will send pictures of the trophies to you when we go up there in a few weeks....

Actual/Moral, its all you got.... besides, let it go, it doesnt matter now...

Perhaps later I'll PM you a copy of the final BCS rankings.

Reerun_KC
11-16-2008, 11:39 AM

K and I will PM you later and send you some information on the Orange Bowl...

Bearcat
11-16-2008, 11:40 AM

Is that posted in Mizzou's trophy case next to the sour grapes?

Frazod
11-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Is that posted in Mizzou's trophy case next to the sour grapes?

Considering that was decided by football experts instead of sucked-off stadium owners, perhaps it should be.

Bearcat
11-16-2008, 11:47 AM
Considering that was decided by football experts instead of sucked-off stadium owners, perhaps it should be.

Football experts. LMAO

Frazod
11-16-2008, 11:48 AM
Football experts. LMAO

Stadium owners. LMAO

Bearcat
11-16-2008, 11:53 AM
Stadium owners. LMAO

Oklahoma. LMAO

[pic of Reesing with turf in his facemask] LMAO

Orange Bowl and National Champions. LMAO

Kneepads and secondary sport. LMAO

Muron. LMAO

Gayhawk. LMAO

Texas. LMAO

Texas. LMAO

Ah-ha!

Rausch
11-16-2008, 02:15 PM
Mizzou made this game anticlimactic for me.

At this point I think we'll beat KU by 10 or 14, go to the big 12 game, get our asses HARSHLY handed to us, and then punish some scrub team in a scrub bowl to finish a year we had a legit chance to finish top 5.

However, this is the last week I'll really have to brag or toss some $3it so I might as well belly up and enjoy it...

KC_Connection
11-16-2008, 02:39 PM

-HH

Frazod has never been able to understand any of this.

ArrowheadHawk
11-16-2008, 02:55 PM
Is Mizzou going to a BCS bowl this year?

Rausch
11-16-2008, 02:57 PM
Is Mizzou going to a BCS bowl this year?

Alaska, Hawaii, Indonesia, somewhere like that. Yeah...

ArrowheadHawk
11-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Alaska, Hawaii, Indonesia, somewhere like that. Yeah...
:spock:

HolyHandgernade
11-16-2008, 04:07 PM

No, it isn't fair, its partisan in every sense of the word. By calling it a "nothing schedule", you downgrade your own team. We beat another nationally ranked team in a neitral location. We had some outstanding athletes. College teams are not the same year to year unless you are one of the perrineal powers, and even then, it is no guarantee.

KU had a great and deserving team last year and proved it in the Orange Bowl. The South has incredible teams this year. Trying to compare different years to extrapolate some judgement on "fluke" is a fool's errand. OU had moments of lapsing, Texas was often hit or miss, TTech didn't have nearly as good a D as they do this year, and we beat Okie St. at their place last year.

I know your bitter about not winning the beauty contest with the Orange Bowl, and you will take every opportunity to dig at KU when you can. But that analysis is hardly "fair". Biting, yes. Argumentive, yes. Hardly, fair, unless you are saying you were part of that "poor" schedule and therefore deserved the Cotton Bowl you got.

-HH

Pitt Gorilla
11-16-2008, 04:41 PM

-HHSimilar to KU, MU lost quite a few outstanding players to graduation/NFL (including starting C, T, RB, TE, WR, CB, S, & DT. Similar to KU, MU kept their good QB. Unlike KU, MU has beaten the patsies on the schedule like Nebraska.

HolyHandgernade
11-16-2008, 05:58 PM
Similar to KU, MU lost quite a few outstanding players to graduation/NFL (including starting C, T, RB, TE, WR, CB, S, & DT. Similar to KU, MU kept their good QB. Unlike KU, MU has beaten the patsies on the schedule like Nebraska.

Who was the All-American MU lost? It seems to me that had a spare TE that was pretty good? Your argument still doesn't address my point, you can't call one season a fluke because of the performance of the following season. KU's talent level suffered greatly from graduation/early outs.

Did you lose both starting tackles, one to the NFL, and start two redshirt freshman? Did you lose an all Big 12 presence whose very presence allowed th LB corp to flow more effectively in pursuit? Wasn't your safety replaced last year and touted as an all Conference/American this year? Did you lose a shut down CB who secured one side of the field for you?

Last year we had a team that had some really good talent on it. We lost the Mizzou game, no shame in that, you were really good, too. We beat the ACC champion when most thought we would get pulverized. Every team has turnover, but our were key people without ready replacements, talent that went to the NFL. Its not like we're in the cookie cutter mold of producing top talent, but when it does come together, its not just a "fluke". Every team has something fortunate that goes into a magical season, but you have to have the talent to take advantage of that fortune.

If we have a similar season next year, with some of the top talent in the League graduating or going to the NFL, having developed some of our younger players, then yes, then you might say it was a fluke season. We'll see for both teams as you guys will have to adjust minus Daniel.

-HH

HolyHandgernade
11-16-2008, 06:06 PM
Jayhawks need to look ahead
By JASON WHITLOCK
The Kansas City Star
LAWRENCE | Don’t look back, Kansas fans. Ignore your critics.

Laugh off your co-workers who love the Missouri Tigers and will try to convince you that the 2008 season proves the 2007 season was a fluke, a product of a weak schedule.

It’s going to be a rough two weeks for Kansas fans, and the choppy ride might stretch through the entire offseason if things go as expected on Nov. 29 inside Arrowhead Stadium.

A year after winning the Orange Bowl and finishing 12-1, Mark Mangino’s Jayhawks are staring at a .500 season without a single victory over a medium-quality opponent.

On Saturday, Kansas fell to 6-5, losing 35-7 to Texas at Memorial Stadium. A loss in two weeks to just-above-medium-quality Missouri and some people will argue that the 2008 season provides nullifying context to the 2007 campaign.

Even with the Jayhawks long since removed from the polls, expect to hear chants of “OVERRATED” at Arrowhead Stadium during the Border War if the Tigers do what Texas, Texas Tech and Oklahoma did to the Hawks this season.

The Big 12 South heavy hitters smoked Kansas 143-59 this year, and the games weren’t really that close.

The contention by Missouri fans and objective observers will be that had the Big Three been on KU’s schedule a year ago, 2007 wouldn’t have been near as magical, and it damn sure wouldn’t have ended with Missouri in the Cotton Bowl and Kansas in a BCS game.

That wound has yet to heal, and Tigers faithful would love nothing more than to pass on a little pain on Nov. 29.

But they can’t do it if Kansas fans focus on looking ahead rather than looking back.

Next year Kansas will have the necessary personnel to deal with a difficult Big 12 South schedule. In hindsight, we should have seen this year’s dropoff. The Jayhawks lost the weapons that made quarterback Todd Reesing effective.

The graduation of offensive tackles Anthony Collins and Cesar Rodriguez and tight end Derek Fine decimated the KU offense. The undersized Reesing has taken a beating this season, and on Saturday you could see what that beating has done to his performance.

Mangino said Reesing did not practice much in the week leading up to Saturday’s contest. Against Texas, Reesing was inaccurate and not nearly as mobile as we’ve come to expect. His deep passes were generally a couple of yards short. He played like he’d lost his legs.

When Reesing is ineffective — he completed just 50 percent of his passes — Kansas’ suspect defense is exposed and the Jayhawks’ confidence wanes.

Inspired and successful for a half, the Kansas defense wilted in the third quarter, giving up 21 points.

Next season should be better. The Hawks lose just four starters on each side of the ball. Kansas’ freshmen offensive tackles, Jeremiah Hatch and Jeff Spikes, will be significantly better. Reesing and receivers Dezmon Briscoe, Kerry Meier and Johnathan Wilson will form one of the league’s top passing attacks.

On defense, Kansas must replace its linebacking corps, but improved, mature play along the defensive front will help.

Next year we will find out the truth about 2007. If the Jayhawks are a six- or seven-win team in 2009, then it will be fair to say that Mangino is a six- or seven-win coach and 2007 was a fluke.

And I’m not totally convinced the Hawks will lose to Missouri in two weeks. Giving Reesing and Meier 14 days to heal might be all the Jayhawks need to play their best game of the season. A victory against the Tigers would save this season for Mangino. The Jayhawks would be on equal footing with the Tigers, and with Reesing returning and Chase Daniel graduating, you could argue Kansas is in better shape than its bitter rival.

My point is this year’s contest at Arrowhead Stadium won’t quite be Armageddon, but the game is important nonetheless.

KC2004
11-16-2008, 06:09 PM
Jayhawks need to look ahead
By JASON WHITLOCK
The Kansas City Star
LAWRENCE | Don’t look back, Kansas fans. Ignore your critics.

Laugh off your co-workers who love the Missouri Tigers and will try to convince you that the 2008 season proves the 2007 season was a fluke, a product of a weak schedule.

It’s going to be a rough two weeks for Kansas fans, and the choppy ride might stretch through the entire offseason if things go as expected on Nov. 29 inside Arrowhead Stadium.

A year after winning the Orange Bowl and finishing 12-1, Mark Mangino’s Jayhawks are staring at a .500 season without a single victory over a medium-quality opponent.

On Saturday, Kansas fell to 6-5, losing 35-7 to Texas at Memorial Stadium. A loss in two weeks to just-above-medium-quality Missouri and some people will argue that the 2008 season provides nullifying context to the 2007 campaign.

Even with the Jayhawks long since removed from the polls, expect to hear chants of “OVERRATED” at Arrowhead Stadium during the Border War if the Tigers do what Texas, Texas Tech and Oklahoma did to the Hawks this season.

The Big 12 South heavy hitters smoked Kansas 143-59 this year, and the games weren’t really that close.

The contention by Missouri fans and objective observers will be that had the Big Three been on KU’s schedule a year ago, 2007 wouldn’t have been near as magical, and it damn sure wouldn’t have ended with Missouri in the Cotton Bowl and Kansas in a BCS game.

That wound has yet to heal, and Tigers faithful would love nothing more than to pass on a little pain on Nov. 29.

But they can’t do it if Kansas fans focus on looking ahead rather than looking back.

Next year Kansas will have the necessary personnel to deal with a difficult Big 12 South schedule. In hindsight, we should have seen this year’s dropoff. The Jayhawks lost the weapons that made quarterback Todd Reesing effective.

The graduation of offensive tackles Anthony Collins and Cesar Rodriguez and tight end Derek Fine decimated the KU offense. The undersized Reesing has taken a beating this season, and on Saturday you could see what that beating has done to his performance.

Mangino said Reesing did not practice much in the week leading up to Saturday’s contest. Against Texas, Reesing was inaccurate and not nearly as mobile as we’ve come to expect. His deep passes were generally a couple of yards short. He played like he’d lost his legs.

When Reesing is ineffective — he completed just 50 percent of his passes — Kansas’ suspect defense is exposed and the Jayhawks’ confidence wanes.

Inspired and successful for a half, the Kansas defense wilted in the third quarter, giving up 21 points.

Next season should be better. The Hawks lose just four starters on each side of the ball. Kansas’ freshmen offensive tackles, Jeremiah Hatch and Jeff Spikes, will be significantly better. Reesing and receivers Dezmon Briscoe, Kerry Meier and Johnathan Wilson will form one of the league’s top passing attacks.

On defense, Kansas must replace its linebacking corps, but improved, mature play along the defensive front will help.

Next year we will find out the truth about 2007. If the Jayhawks are a six- or seven-win team in 2009, then it will be fair to say that Mangino is a six- or seven-win coach and 2007 was a fluke.

And I’m not totally convinced the Hawks will lose to Missouri in two weeks. Giving Reesing and Meier 14 days to heal might be all the Jayhawks need to play their best game of the season. A victory against the Tigers would save this season for Mangino. The Jayhawks would be on equal footing with the Tigers, and with Reesing returning and Chase Daniel graduating, you could argue Kansas is in better shape than its bitter rival.

My point is this year’s contest at Arrowhead Stadium won’t quite be Armageddon, but the game is important nonetheless.

Ya think Whitlocks opinion carries much weight around here?? ROFL

Ari Chi3fs
11-16-2008, 06:14 PM
Ok, so the year after next we better schedule some more damn cupcakes. Love those schedules with no Texas or Oklahoma!! woo hoo

Pitt Gorilla
11-16-2008, 08:32 PM
Who was the All-American MU lost? It seems to me that had a spare TE that was pretty good? Your argument still doesn't address my point, you can't call one season a fluke because of the performance of the following season. KU's talent level suffered greatly from graduation/early outs.

Did you lose both starting tackles, one to the NFL, and start two redshirt freshman? Did you lose an all Big 12 presence whose very presence allowed th LB corp to flow more effectively in pursuit? Wasn't your safety replaced last year and touted as an all Conference/American this year? Did you lose a shut down CB who secured one side of the field for you? MU lost a TE who was honorable-mention All-American as a TE. MU lost 4-year starters at left-tackle and center and replaced one with a RS freshman and the other with a sophomore. We also lost a DT who was the leader of our defense and the most disruptive force on the DL. The all conference/American safety started at the beginning of last year, but had to switch positions once Pig went down. So, no, he did not replace Pig; Justin freaking Garrett did. We also lost a talented receiver to the draft who allowed Maclin to roam more freely. Of course, we also lost a RB who had back-to-back 1000 yard rushing seasons.

I don't know who lost more, as both lost a lot. The point is, MU decided to reload. KU decided to rebuild. How each team replaces their starting QB will likely ultimately determine their long-term success. I'm just glad MU already has a 5-star guy on the roster waiting in the wings.

beavis
11-16-2008, 08:46 PM
Can someone with tickets to the game tell me which side of the field is MU/KU? I realize a lot of you Beakers will be selling your tickets, and I want to make sure I don't end up sitting in the middle of a bunch of you.

duncan_idaho
11-16-2008, 08:47 PM
MU lost a TE who was honorable-mention All-American as a TE. MU lost 4-year starters at left-tackle and center and replaced one with a RS freshman and the other with a sophomore. We also lost a DT who was the leader of our defense and the most disruptive force on the DL. The all conference/American safety started at the beginning of last year, but had to switch positions once Pig went down. So, no, he did not replace Pig; Justin freaking Garrett did. We also lost a talented receiver to the draft who allowed Maclin to roam more freely. Of course, we also lost a RB who had back-to-back 1000 yard rushing seasons.

I don't know who lost more, as both lost a lot. The point is, MU decided to reload. KU decided to rebuild. How each team replaces their starting QB will likely ultimately determine their long-term success. I'm just glad MU already has a 5-star guy on the roster waiting in the wings.

HolyHandGrenade: OWNED!

Frazod
11-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Can someone with tickets to the game tell me which side of the field is MU/KU? I realize a lot of you Beakers will be selling your tickets, and I want to make sure I don't end up sitting in the middle of a bunch of you.

If they do it the way the did last year, the east endzone is Missouri and the west endzone is Kansas.

beavis
11-16-2008, 08:50 PM
If they do it the way the did last year, the east endzone is Missouri and the west endzone is Kansas.

I thought maybe it would flip because we are the "home" team this year. I can't find confirmation of it anywhere.

HolyHandgernade
11-16-2008, 09:55 PM
HolyHandGrenade: OWNED!

I'm not quite sure how I was OWNED there? And for crying out loud, can you misspell my name correctly! :D

I missed it, how many NFL players did MU lose last season? 2? We lost 3. I think by any standard, most would say KU lost more in the offseason than MU did, and replacing two tackles with RS Freshman is a bit more daunting than one and an interior lineman. A CB versus a safety? Come on, if we took the teamnames off, I don't think you could say the losses were "the same".

Ya think Whitlocks opinion carries much weight around here??

More than a frickin' St Louis scribbler, that's for sure.

Humbly, OWNED,

-HH

Tits McGee
11-16-2008, 10:20 PM

The BCS is on the verge of being exposed for the flawed system that it realy has become, much like ku's season last year.
I wouldn't be surprized one bit if the whole BCS format is shit canned within a couple years. All it's managed to do is piss everyone off, except frauds.

Reerun_KC
11-16-2008, 10:22 PM
The BCS is on the verge of being exposed for the fraud that it realy has become, much like ku's season last year.
I would be surprized on bit if the whole BCS format is shit canned within a couple years. All it's managed to do is piss everyone off, except frauds.

http://www.thedailyblitz.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/crying-baby.jpg

Frazod
11-16-2008, 10:24 PM
http://www.thedailyblitz.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/crying-baby.jpg

Nice shot of Mangina when he realized Kansas had to play an actual college schedule in 2008.

Reerun_KC
11-16-2008, 10:25 PM
Nice shot of Mangina when he realized Kansas had to play an actual college schedule in 2008.

ROFL

Damn man let it go, besides Mangino was NEVER that skinny...

StcChief
11-16-2008, 10:26 PM
St Louis will never be relevant...
well the Chiefs would be lucky enough to have Bernie or Bob Costas argue the need for Derrick Thomas in HOF.... the freakin' clowns in KC media / Chiefs can't seem to do it.

Reerun_KC
11-16-2008, 10:27 PM
well the Chiefs would be lucky enough to have Bernie or Bob Costas argue the need for Derrick Thomas in HOF.... the freakin' clowns in KC media / Chiefs can't seem to do it.

OUCH, very good point...

Reerun_KC
11-16-2008, 10:32 PM
The BCS is on the verge of being exposed for the flawed system that it realy has become, much like ku's season last year.
I would be surprized on bit if the whole BCS format is shit canned within a couple years. All it's managed to do is piss everyone off, except frauds.

By the way, what you said was all fine and dandy...

But honestly, that was so last year... Hell IF it wasnt for Frazod bringing it up in every conversation about KU/MU football, 99% of the people wouldnt even remember it, Hell 109% have forgot about it already...

Both had great years, KU lost alot of talent, coaches, etc. EVERYONE knew KU wasnt that good of a team this year, So it actually isnt a big deal to us KU fans, we just accept it and move on...

I just hope we get a bowl game.... Regardless of what bowl, we need one for the trophy case and to keep "trying" to build a program...

Tits McGee
11-16-2008, 10:34 PM
he is wearing ku blue colors.