PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Please get rid of LJ.

Aspengc8
11-17-2008, 08:17 AM
I just can't take watching this guy run anymore. I have never seen him cover the ball up at all. Always carrying in his right arm, no matter what. Even thiggy switched ball arms on his QB draw big run.

We install a pistol offense to get him involved more, and he coughs it up twice (luckily no turnovers). A couple times on the counter trey he completely misread the blocking. :mad::mad:

Frankie
11-17-2008, 08:43 AM
To be fair, it's his first game back and he was rusty. I'm actually rooting for him to do well and increase his trade value.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-17-2008, 08:44 AM
LJ retards the offense, IMO.

StcChief
11-17-2008, 08:53 AM
trying to get him in the mix....alittle rusty LJ will adapt or be gone.

Guru
11-17-2008, 08:55 AM
To be fair, it's his first game back and he was rusty. I'm actually rooting for him to do well and increase his trade value.

The better he does the better for the Chiefs. PERIOD.

I wasn't happy about the fumble and the right arm issue is valid. However it was his first game back after nearly a month of no action. I'll reserve judgment for another game.

Frankie
11-17-2008, 08:57 AM
The better he does the better for the Chiefs. PERIOD.

I wasn't happy about the fumble and the right arm issue is valid. However it was his first game back after nearly a month of no action. I'll reserve judgment for another game.

My beef with him is not blocking. And of course the ridiculous contract (that he is not living up to) that he got when he had some legit trade value.

Guru
11-17-2008, 08:59 AM
My beef with him is not blocking. And off course the ridiculous contract (that he is not living up to) that he got when he had some legit trade value. agreed.

I want him to build up any trade value he might still have this year too.

Zouk
11-17-2008, 10:19 AM
I agree. He just looks lethargic and has for 2 full years. He gives up on plays and is a general downer on the field. Plus I think Jamaal Charles needs to be on the field and LJ will not accept a part-time role. Charles can handle 15 carries a game and there are loads of backs available that can do a good job with the remaining snaps - possibly even Kolby Smith if he recovers from his injury.

The contract Carl gave LJ is a fireable offense.

TommyHawk69
11-17-2008, 10:23 AM
He doesn't have a history of alot of fumbles its just rust. Trading him is not an option look at all of the older backs that get cut cause nobody wants them and there contract.

DeepSouth
11-17-2008, 10:30 AM

Exactly......................

RustShack
11-17-2008, 10:35 AM
My beef with him is not blocking. And of course the ridiculous contract (that he is not living up to) that he got when he had some legit trade value.

He doesn't and wont have trade value at his age.

Frankie
11-17-2008, 10:38 AM

That's when I cut my last tread to CP's bandwagon.

chiefzilla1501
11-17-2008, 10:39 AM
I thought LJ did really well from the running side.

But the Chiefs have to realize that when they get in the red zone, that's the spot where you have to revolve your offense around LJ. The pistol formation is an awesome idea, but in the red zone, it's a horrible idea. There's no reason for a RB to play that far away from the line of scrimmage in the red zone and there's no reason why you should play without a fullback.

I love the spread offense, but I think we need to start getting Thigpen more comfortable under center too. And Gailey needs to have him practice going under center in the red zone. The spread just isn't going to work in that area. You need to be able to run the ball in that area. You HAVE to.

RustShack
11-17-2008, 10:42 AM
At one point didn't LJ have like 50 yards almost on 9 rushes? Thats not bad...

POND_OF_RED
11-17-2008, 11:09 AM
Can't run worth shit but at least he can spit

Coach
11-17-2008, 11:11 AM

Missed a assignment, and he had several moments where he almost/did place the ball on the ground.

Frankie
11-17-2008, 11:16 AM

Then he realized he was working too hard for his money.

Frankie
11-17-2008, 11:17 AM
Can't run worth shit but at least he can spit

I hear he's working on his first 1600 yard spitting season.

kepp
11-17-2008, 11:51 AM
LJ retards the offense, IMO.

this

RedThat
11-17-2008, 12:02 PM
I agree. He just looks lethargic and has for 2 full years. He gives up on plays and is a general downer on the field. Plus I think Jamaal Charles needs to be on the field and LJ will not accept a part-time role. Charles can handle 15 carries a game and there are loads of backs available that can do a good job with the remaining snaps - possibly even Kolby Smith if he recovers from his injury.

Yup. That's exactly my take on him as well.

LJ=zero heart

*Im content if they just cut him. Regardless, at this point he has proven that he is well worth that transaction.

RedThat
11-17-2008, 12:07 PM
are there any teams in the league that would want a 30 year old RB who is a quitter and has off the field problems with a gigantic contract?

Let's be realistic here, no there aren't any.

Even if he does play well. Do you really think his trade will increase?

*The Chiefs are better off just cutting him taking the cap hit in his contract, they have the cap space to do it.