PDA

View Full Version : Football Jimmy Wilkerson VS Jared Allen

Al Bundy
11-17-2008, 09:25 AM
In yesterdays Viking-Bucs game, Jimmy Wilkerson had more sacks than Jared Allen. Minnesota didn't get their money's worth yesterday and "All Day" Adrian Peterson was more like "1st quarter" AP.

Reerun_KC
11-17-2008, 09:29 AM
Why are we so obsessed with JA?

I guess you can say we didnt get our money out of Dan Williams when we stole him from the broncos either.... Or when we signed Chester McFatass...

Jeesh, who cares about JA and Minney getting their moneys worth... Sour grapes man....

Count Alex's Wins
11-17-2008, 09:30 AM
The only position really worth huge money is quarterback.

Frankie
11-17-2008, 09:39 AM
I have always questioned letting Wilkerson go.

Fat Elvis
11-17-2008, 09:39 AM
You do realize that JA has more sacks than the entire Chiefs defense, don't you?

Chiefnj2
11-17-2008, 09:50 AM
Allen is playing with a 3rd degree shoulder sprain.

bringbackmarty
11-17-2008, 09:53 AM
vonnie holliday had 1.5 yesterday, do we want him back too

Al Bundy
11-17-2008, 10:27 AM
Why are we so obsessed with JA?

I guess you can say we didnt get our money out of Dan Williams when we stole him from the broncos either.... Or when we signed Chester McFatass...

Jeesh, who cares about JA and Minney getting their moneys worth... Sour grapes man....
I'm not obsessed with Allen, I'm not even a Chiefs fan. I just thought it was amusing that Jimmy Wilkerson was more effective than Allen. Hell the entire Vikings defensive line was pushed around all day.

penchief
11-17-2008, 11:13 AM
By the way, I know this is way off topic but since we are talking about Tampa bay, does anybody know the status of the draft picks that we were supposed to receive for Sims and Bennet?

It was reported that we received one late round pick for Sims and two late round picks for Bennet. We received one last year. That means we should be seeing two this year, correct?

The Bad Guy
11-17-2008, 11:18 AM
I have always questioned letting Wilkerson go.

You are so full of shit.

Chiefnj2
11-17-2008, 11:27 AM
I'm not obsessed with Allen, I'm not even a Chiefs fan. I just thought it was amusing that Jimmy Wilkerson was more effective than Allen. Hell the entire Vikings defensive line was pushed around all day.

Dunn was held to just about 50 yards on the day with a long run of 11 yards. I wish KC's defense could get pushed around like that.

Goapics1
11-17-2008, 11:28 AM
vonnie holliday had 1.5 yesterday, do we want him back too

yes

Frankie
11-17-2008, 11:40 AM
You are so full of shit.

Come to think of it, I'm about due for a dump. I'll be sure to name it after you.

CupidStunt
11-17-2008, 12:14 PM
Eh, who cares. Get over this shit. If we didn't get Albert, McKuntintosh would still be giving up three sacks per game on the left side and Thigpen would already be on IR. Then there's the backup RB, who'd be Dantrell frickin' Savage if not for Charles (although this point is moot until the Chiefs finally get a coach who has a clue about RB management). DaJuan Morgan could be a player, too. Oh, and then there's that small matter of $70 million (although again a possible moot point if Clark "cheap" Hunt doesn't open up).

Wait and see.

OnTheWarpath58
11-17-2008, 12:20 PM
By the way, I know this is way off topic but since we are talking about Tampa bay, does anybody know the status of the draft picks that we were supposed to receive for Sims and Bennet?

It was reported that we received one late round pick for Sims and two late round picks for Bennet. We received one last year. That means we should be seeing two this year, correct?

My understanding is that we received a 6th in 2008 for Sims, and the Buccaneers had the option of giving up a pick in either 2008 OR 2009 for Bennett.

They chose 2009.

So as of now, we're sitting on 8 picks - two picks in round 6, and a single pick in every other round.

penchief
11-17-2008, 12:41 PM
My understanding is that we received a 6th in 2008 for Sims, and the Buccaneers had the option of giving up a pick in either 2008 OR 2009 for Bennett.

They chose 2009.

So as of now, we're sitting on 8 picks - two picks in round 6, and a single pick in every other round.

You're probably right but I was pretty sure it was reported that we received two late round picks for Bennet.

blueballs
11-17-2008, 01:33 PM
still waiting for the snowmobile accident
involving a 5th of Jack and a carhood

BigRock
11-17-2008, 03:49 PM
You're probably right but I was pretty sure it was reported that we received two late round picks for Bennet.

The whole Bucs thing was confusing, but this is what happened:

When we traded Sims, we got the Bucs' 7th rounder in 2009. So not only was Sims only worth a 7th rounder, it wasn't even a current 7th rounder. It was a future 7th rounder. Worthless fat ass. Still, that we got anything for him is a miracle onto itself.

Then when we traded them Bennett, we got their 2008 6th round pick and the trade had a condition that if Bennett didn't meet a certain performance mark (rushing for X number of yards), Tampa would get their 2009 7th rounder back.

Bennett didn't meet that mark, so Tampa got the 2009 pick back. At the end of the day, all we got from them was the extra 6th rounder in 2008, which we then swapped with Minnesota in the Allen trade, allowing us to move up a few spots.

We do not have the extra 7th round pick in 2009.

penchief
11-17-2008, 03:55 PM
The whole Bucs thing was confusing, but this is what happened:

When we traded Sims, we got the Bucs' 7th rounder in 2009. So not only was Sims only worth a 7th rounder, it wasn't even a current 7th rounder. It was a future 7th rounder. Worthless fat ass. Still, that we got anything for him is a miracle onto itself.

Then when we traded them Bennett, we got their 2008 6th round pick and the trade had a condition that if Bennett didn't meet a certain performance mark (rushing for X number of yards), Tampa would get their 2009 7th rounder back.

Bennett didn't meet that mark, so Tampa got the 2009 pick back. At the end of the day, all we got from them was the extra 6th rounder in 2008, which we then swapped with Minnesota in the Allen trade, allowing us to move up a few spots.

We do not have the extra 7th round pick in 2009.

Thanks for clearing that up. Dang, sounds like we gave Bennet away for nothing.