PDA

View Full Version : Lee Evans and the Bills

RJ
11-18-2008, 11:37 AM
Just wanted to take a moment to vent. In my money league, I went into Monday night's game tied at 82.20 - 82.20. I needed Evans to get me one yard for a win. Just one. He could have caught a pass, thrown a pass or run. None of those happened and I ended in a tie. HTF does a receiver end up with no stats at all against the Browns D?

Then, to top it off, in a Planet league - if Lindell had made that last kick I'd have won. Wide right SOB, I lose.

Adding insult to injury, I can't even root for the Chiefs to beat them next week.

So, how did MNF treat you? For every sad story there's a happy one too.

Pestilence
11-18-2008, 11:39 AM
I was down by 20 points and I had Marshawn Lynch left. I went on to beat the guy by 8points and kept my 6 game winning streak alive. I'm now in 1st place and looking good.

OnTheWarpath58
11-18-2008, 11:42 AM
Eh, I'm resigned to the fact that no matter how good my team is on paper, I'm just not going to win.

I'm the 2nd highest scoring team in a 12 team league, and am in line for the #1 pick next year, depending on how things fall.

Which sucks, because drafting early is a death wish for FF, IMO.

Almost every year, the league champion is a guy who picked in the 5-7 range.

Nzoner
11-18-2008, 11:54 AM
One money league I was in a tie,other team had Lee Evans and Buffalo D/ST and I had Marshawn Lynch.

I'm now sitting at 8-3 on the season.

RJ
11-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Marshawn Lynch was a good player to have in your lineup last night.

Lee Evans was not.

But hey, it's only a game......right? Right?

Pestilence
11-18-2008, 12:09 PM
Eh, I'm resigned to the fact that no matter how good my team is on paper, I'm just not going to win.

I'm the 2nd highest scoring team in a 12 team league, and am in line for the #1 pick next year, depending on how things fall.

This is true. I started out with hands down the best team in the league on paper. I went on to lose my first 3 games of the year. My team has finally turned it around....but it took some trading to get it done. Amazingly...I haven't really had any waiver wire pickups this year....except for a kicker or two.

Deberg_1990
11-18-2008, 01:19 PM
I was up by 24. The dude i was playing against had K Winslow.

Needless to say, it was a very good night for myself. :)

Third Eye
11-18-2008, 05:21 PM

There is a team like that in my 12 person money league. Myself, I'm in 2nd at 8-3 with most points scored (by a good margin), behind a 9-2 team that is 7th in scoring. The second highest scoring team is 4-7 and near the bottom.

On topic: Monday night I had Lynch and Lindell, but it didn't matter, already locked it up on Sunday. In a free league, I came in down 23 with Lynch and Lee Evans. Lynch got me 22 and Evans goose-egged. What was really bad about that one is that I was tracking it on the espn fantasy site and when Lynch made his last run it initially bumped up his rushing total to 120. That would have tied us and gave me the win, as my bench outscored his. However, at the next refresh it dropped to 119.

Guru
11-18-2008, 05:27 PM

Almost every year, the league champion is a guy who picked in the 5-7 range.that is how I feel in a couple of my leagues as well. Really making me hate fantasy football this year.

CrazyPhuD
11-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Friend of mine won $150 in a pickem league. Needed Cleveland to win, so the wide left made him some cash.

RJ
11-18-2008, 10:01 PM
that is how I feel in a couple of my leagues as well. Really making me hate fantasy football this year.

I feel like this season is my payback for all the previous good years I had.

Even Steven wants his cut.

rtmike
11-19-2008, 03:18 PM
I was leading by one point and had Evans left...I was extremely lucky.

Question is, will he turn it around this weekend? Is Flowers starting?

RJ
11-19-2008, 03:37 PM
I was leading by one point and had Evans left...I was extremely lucky.

Question is, will he turn it around this weekend? Is Flowers starting?

No way am I starting Evans this week.

Bearcat
11-19-2008, 04:14 PM
I usually don't buy high, but I benched Lee Evans a few minutes before Chiefs game and picked up Mark Bradley. It was a tough decision between the Browns' defense and Saints', but I saw it was supposed to snow in Buffalo for most of the day (and it ended up missing Buffalo)..... I won on Sunday, so I didn't care what Evans did, but at least I got 4 points out of Bradley.

Edwards was awful because he lost all confidence after the 3 picks and refused to throw it downfield. A lot of teams have two receivers with more receptions than Evans, who leads the Bills. However, he's 20th in my league in fantasy points, and I have Anquan Boldin (who's first), so it's not too bad for me.

It gets interesting this week though (3 slots).... I'm thinking I should go with Boldin, Evans, and Bradley, but Driver could have a good game against the Saints. :hmmm:

Anquan Boldin vs NYG -- starting

:shrug:
Lee Evans @KC -- Does Trent Edwards regain his confidence?
Lance Moore vs GB -- I picked him up when Colston went down, and he's picked it up the last few weeks, with at least 1 touchdown in each game.
Mark Bradley vs Buffalo. But, the Packers have a good pass defense.
Donald Driver @NO --I picked up for a week and he ended up having a big game.

cardken
11-19-2008, 05:43 PM
I was down 32points ging into the MNF game. With Lynch, Stallworth and Dawson left and gat it all and more to win and keep pace a hlf game behind the leader. I tied week one, HTF do tie happen in FF. I'm in First place in FFL ON FOX SPORTS the afore mentioned team is in a ESPN FFL. Won overll last year in a Cash league in Vegas, and second place the year before that, I'm in the zone with FFL the last few years.

cardken
11-19-2008, 05:57 PM
I was down 32points ging into the MNF game. With Lynch, Stallworth and Dawson left and gat it all and more to win and keep pace a hlf game behind the leader. I tied week one, HTF do tie happen in FF.

OnTheWarpath58
11-19-2008, 06:50 PM

I've been playing him instead of Bowe along side Brandon Marshall for the past 4 weeks.

I'll end up making the switch this week, and Bowe will find a way to suck and Evans will wake the fuck up.

Count Alex's Wins
11-19-2008, 07:22 PM
Evans plays the Chiefs...I expect positive things.

Bill Lundberg
11-19-2008, 08:02 PM
I was down 5 points in my money league with Lee Evans and Kellen Winslow yet to play. My opponent had Phil Dawson. I figured I had a very good chance to pull out a win. 21 Phil Dawson points later and my hopes for a win dissipated.

allen_kcCard
11-19-2008, 10:02 PM
I needed 18 to win....Phil Dawson got me 19.

patteeu
11-21-2008, 12:45 PM

Same. I swore off Lee Evans a couple of years ago after getting burned by him two seasons in a row. He was on my no-draft list this year and I only picked him up after having an early season injury to one of my WRs. He did well for a couple of games, but then he realized he was on my team again and it was time to start sucking.

:cuss:

I was looking forward to this week in fantasy because I thought for sure that Lee Evans would have a good game against the Chiefs, but with Brandon Flowers practicing again and with Evans' recent lack of production, he'll be riding my pine instead.

sedated
11-21-2008, 08:45 PM

yup.

12 team league, my team has APeterson, JLewis, ABoldin, DBowe, VJackson, Desean Jackson, Favre, Thigpen, GB defense. And yet I started off 1-5 and am way out of the playoff hunt. Although I've won 5 straight.

RJ
11-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Same. I swore off Lee Evans a couple of years ago after getting burned by him two seasons in a row. He was on my no-draft list this year and I only picked him up after having an early season injury to one of my WRs. He did well for a couple of games, but then he realized he was on my team again and it was time to start sucking.

:cuss:

I was looking forward to this week in fantasy because I thought for sure that Lee Evans would have a good game against the Chiefs, but with Brandon Flowers practicing again and with Evans' recent lack of production, he'll be riding my pine instead.

That's the thing about Evans, his numbers are very inconsistent. He'll get you two touchdowns and 100+ yards one week, then a 50 yard no TD game the next. And he's like that every season. I had him on my bench a couple of years ago when he racked up 265 yards and two scores against Houston. He's a great player to plug in for bye weeks and injuries but not a guy who you want for a regular starter.