PDA

View Full Version : Football My Arrowhead Experience

Cntrygal
11-24-2008, 06:34 PM
Starting with the pre-game festivities in Westport..... to the actual stadium...

The Chief fans are great! I caught alot of flak for my Bills gear (of course), but in the midst of one drunken tirade the guy bought a round - woohooo - whiskey! And then he dragged us (me and Mr. Kotter) to another bar. :D

Walking thru the lots and into the stadium... more flak - but it was all good natured (at least I am believing the comments about beating me and hanging me by my scarf weren't "for real"). :D

Anyway - I had a great time and was glad to meet those that were around.

A special thanks to Mr. Kotter for ordering the tix & carpooling down to KC and to Bowser for the tailgate - It was great!!! :clap:

Phobia
11-24-2008, 06:42 PM
My team destroyed your team and I had a horrible time.

Of course you had fun. Screw you.

Sure-Oz
11-24-2008, 06:44 PM
I still remember when some dipshit charger fan was cheering a chiefs injury, i think every chief fan threw shit at him and he kept going, i wanted to punch him in the jaw but that would've been stupid. instead i just yelled F bombs at him

Cntrygal
11-24-2008, 06:46 PM
:(

I was having a great time even before kickoff.

I was trying to convey how great the fans were throughout the entire weekend. I only ran across one fan who could have probably been an "ugly" fan - but his wife said something to him and he was cool after that.

StcChief
11-24-2008, 06:53 PM
Glad you had a good time. even at our "rebuilding team" problems.... :)

our fans for the most part, unless your an "Ugly" fan in your own right are decent...

unlike the extremely ugly (battery throwning jerk) Eagles fans and patty wagons incident at westport as they attempted to take over a bar (Kelly's)...... when they played here last.

I've met good and bad fans on every sport/team level.

luv
11-24-2008, 06:54 PM
Where did you end up sitting?

Cntrygal
11-24-2008, 06:56 PM
Glad you had a good time. even at our "rebuilding team" problems.... :)

our fans for the most part, unless your an "Ugly" fan in your own right are decent...

unlike the extremely ugly (battery throwning jerk) Eagles fans and patty wagons incident at westport as they attempted to take over a bar (Kelly's)...... when they played here last.

I've met good and bad fans on every sport/team level.

Kelly's was the first stop! We walked in and the guy spotted my jacket and there it started LOL... and ended up at the bar. :D

Cntrygal
11-24-2008, 06:56 PM
Where did you end up sitting?

Section 107 Row 33

HemiEd
11-24-2008, 07:01 PM
Glad to hear you had a good time, but sorry about your win. It is good to hear you were treated with class and respect. :clap:

I had a similar experience going to Green Bay in 2003, the fans were good sports there also.

MahiMike
11-24-2008, 07:12 PM
Oh that's a relief. I thought some Chiefs fan was stupid enough to pay for tickets.

StcChief
11-24-2008, 07:19 PM
Kelly's was the first stop! We walked in and the guy spotted my jacket and there it started LOL... and ended up at the bar. :Dnot to be sexist.... but being a girl you really don't get "complete" hate. I'm sure Kelly's learned from the Eagles game issues and local/national exposure. (short term gain by money isn't always just that in long term).....

A decent fan that knows the game etc. will be treat ok by most, especially the pathetic state of Chiefs at this point. too obvious to igore even by blind homers.

Glad you had a good time at Kelly's.... (hopefully a "real" good time)

Bowser
11-24-2008, 07:28 PM
It was great to finally meet you! I'm glad you and Rob made it by.

You're lucky that your pet dancing dog belongs to Kotter's kids. It was about to get set ablaze. :D

notorious
11-24-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed it.

My brother went to see his Bills for the first time in a LONG time (Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly era) and said he had an OK time.

I asked him why it wasn't awesome, and he had several comments. Of course, the stadium was empty, and he didn't get near as much hell as last time.

He said he felt sad for the Chiefs fans. This got me pissed off. I can take a whole lot of bad things, but PITY is the worst. He felt pity for the Chiefs fans.

This coming from a Bills fan.............

Carl and Herm need to get the f***out of town right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :# :# :#

stlchiefs
11-24-2008, 11:32 PM
I hadn't heard anything about this "incident" at Kelly's. What's the story on this?

CHENZ A!
11-24-2008, 11:40 PM
I called one girl Bills fan a big lesbo. Sorry if that was you, it was all in fun.

Mr. Kotter
11-25-2008, 12:03 AM
I called one girl Bills fan a big lesbo. Sorry if that was you, it was all in fun.

No way it was Cntrygal. Unless you were really drunk, or "dull"....as they say. :shake:

She did, however, get called....Nicole Kidman on an occasion or two. :)

JOhn
11-25-2008, 04:31 AM
You're lucky that your pet dancing dog belongs to Kotter's kids. It was about to get set ablaze. :D
:spock:

Sounds like an interisting story?

BigRedChief
11-25-2008, 07:34 AM
A special thanks to Mr. Kotter for ordering the tix & carpooling down to KC and to Bowser for the tailgate - It was great!!! :clap:

You didn't get the full "experience" of Arrowhead. Bowser learned how to tailgate at Rams games.:D

patteeu
11-25-2008, 08:56 AM
You didn't get the full "experience" of Arrowhead. Bowser learned how to tailgate at Rams games.:D

:LOL:

Cntrygal
11-25-2008, 08:57 AM

Wasn't me!

No way it was Cntrygal. Unless you were really drunk, or "dull"....as they say. :shake:

She did, however, get called....Nicole Kidman on an occasion or two. :)

Those guys were really drunk!! :D

:spock:

Sounds like an interisting story?

Check out this thread! (http://http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5238826#post5238826)

Demonpenz
11-25-2008, 09:37 AM
I hadn't heard anything about this "incident" at Kelly's. What's the story on this?

A couple years back there were a bunch of eagles fans at kelly's drinking, and some chiefs fans kept on razzing them and thing's got a bit out of hand. Someone had ordered pizza (which side is still up for debate) So then a one guy started tearing off pieces of his thin crust pizza and started using them like NINJA STARS from the famous video Bad Dudes. Then a guy walks in (one of the employee's at kelly's) with a 2 piece fish and more from Long John Silvers and another person takes a chicken plank out and starts it throwing it like hatches from Last of the Mohicans. Then the brawl breaks out. People start slipping on the hushpuppies brought in from Long John Silvers. It took police a couple hours to sort out the mess.

StcChief
11-25-2008, 09:55 AM
I hadn't heard anything about this "incident" at Kelly's. What's the story on this?Well my buddy Chiefs fan and GF went up for Chiefs/Eagles game 2005. Stayed at Westport went to Kelly's.

Pics here > http://www.onecrazyfan.com/KC_2005.php

Well they ran Chiefs fans out... Fights, paddy wagons around the area. Several arrests.... Let's just say not every Eagle fan made the game.

BigRedChief
11-25-2008, 10:56 AM
Why does anyone still go to Westport?

Mr. Kotter
11-25-2008, 11:04 AM
Why does anyone still go to Westport?

Because us out-of-towners didn't realize that the city used tax payer dollars to subsidize the transfer of the entertainment, dining, and nightlife activities of the old "Westport" to the "new" Power and Light district?

:shrug:

As an out-of-towner, I could really give a shit less....but seems pretty communistic to me.....I mean, I hope the business owners of Westport didn't take this thing lying down, did they???

:hmmm:

Frazod
11-25-2008, 11:08 AM
I'm glad you had fun, but the shit that happens there now on Sundays (worst team in the league playing in front of a half-empty stadium) certainly isn't what I would call the "Arrowhead Experience."

Demonpenz
11-25-2008, 11:09 AM
I like westport for somethings, first watch breakfest, record bar, I can ususally find a parking space without paying for it. Beer is cheaper (depends on the bar obvouisly)

Demonpenz
11-25-2008, 11:13 AM
Westport ususally has a better selection of live bands. I saw Rancid, The Waystation, and other decent bands. I guess the power and white district had Sister hazel.

Demonpenz
11-25-2008, 11:15 AM
Westport is also closer to the plaza which comes in handy if you need to get to the plaza that extra money saved could go to beer or a awesome gyro. I never see any gyro carts outside of the power and light

Demonpenz
11-25-2008, 11:26 AM
I heard they been towing alot of people downtown lately. It always seems westport and the plaza is easier to get in

BigRedChief
11-25-2008, 11:41 AM
This is not the Westport of old. Westport is real dangerous at night. Many muggings in the parking lots, people walking down the side streets. Fistfights and stabbings in the streets etc.

If you are from out of town maybe you didn't know this but now you do.

ChiefsCountry
11-25-2008, 12:16 PM
I like going to Kelly's, thats a pretty cool place. Love the pizza shop in the back. That pizza with honey on it, best bar/drunken food ever.

Mr. Kotter
11-25-2008, 12:30 PM
This is not the Westport of old. Westport is real dangerous at night. Many muggings in the parking lots, people walking down the side streets. Fistfights and stabbings in the streets etc.

If you are from out of town maybe you didn't know this but now you do.

You honestly think it was kosher for the city to subsidize that transfer of wealth from Westport to the Power and White (I like that, Demonpez...heh) though? I mean....how about more police, and a more diligent campaign to clean-up Westport? The whole thing seems fishy to me, when we are talking about tax dollars.

Every entertainment district in the country has and/or will face similar challenges. I'd be willing to bet more than a few sleezy dollars exchanged hands under the table to have taxpayers foot part of the bill for this thing. If I were a taxpayer, I wouldn't be too happy about that, I guess.

Mr. Kotter
11-25-2008, 01:10 PM
You honestly think it was kosher for the city to subsidize that transfer of wealth from Westport to the Power and White (I like that, Demonpez...heh) though? I mean....how about more police, and a more diligent campaign to clean-up Westport? The whole thing seems fishy to me, when we are talking about tax dollars.

Every entertainment district in the country has and/or will face similar challenges. I'd be willing to bet more than a few sleezy dollars exchanged hands under the table to have taxpayers foot part of the bill for this thing. If I were a taxpayer, I wouldn't be too happy about that, I guess.

BRC? :shrug:

Anyone else that has insights to this, I'd appreciate your thoughts. :hmmm:

BigRedChief
11-25-2008, 01:24 PM
BRC? :shrug:

Anyone else that has insights to this, I'd appreciate your thoughts. :hmmm:
Rebuilding downtowns in major cities is standard operating procedure.

The majority of the money to build the Sprint Center and the Power and Light district was privately raised. The public part was paid for by taxes on hotel rooms and rental cars.

Unless you rent a car or stay in a hotel room the community got this for free.

Mr. Kotter
11-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Rebuilding downtowns in major cities is standard operating procedure.

The majority of the money to build the Sprint Center and the Power and Light district was privately raised. The public part was paid for by taxes on hotel rooms and rental cars.

Unless you rent a car or stay in a hotel room the community got this for free.

That helps, I guess. Thanks.

Still seems fishy to me, though....pitting one group of business owners against another.

BigRedChief
11-25-2008, 01:37 PM
That helps, I guess. Thanks.

Still seems fishy to me, though....pitting one group of business owners against another.
The unspoken and inconvient truth is also racial based. Crowds of young black males made suburban women nervous enough to quit going to Westport. No women in the bars? men quit going.

Mr. Kotter
11-25-2008, 02:35 PM
The unspoken and inconvient truth is also racial based. Crowds of young black males made suburban women nervous enough to quit going to Westport. No women in the bars? men quit going.

So, what's keeping them from going to the Power and Light district? :shrug:

BigRedChief
11-25-2008, 02:42 PM
So, what's keeping them from going to the Power and Light district? :shrug:
ROFL race biased clothing rules to gain entrance. No do rags, baggy pants etc. $8.00 drinks. etc.

Mr. Kotter
11-25-2008, 08:41 PM
ROFL race biased clothing rules to gain entrance. No do rags, baggy pants etc. $8.00 drinks. etc.

Cool. Works for me. Pretty creative, yet within the rules.

JASONSAUTO
11-25-2008, 08:56 PM
i was in westport the night of the 15th and saw nothing bad happening, hell the place was practically dead

KCUnited
11-25-2008, 09:14 PM
There are no crowds of black people in Westport, there are no crowds of any race in Westport. Since the P$LD opened Westport has evolved into what it should be. Live music at the bars, and a big locals only scene. Outdated Westport trying to be the epicenter of KC entertainment is what brought in the bad element.

Skip Towne
11-25-2008, 09:14 PM
i was in westport the night of the 15th and saw nothing bad happening, hell the place was practically dead

The thugs took that night off.

KcFanInGA
11-25-2008, 10:15 PM
I just wanted to say that my brother (a bills fan ) me and my son and father flew out from GA this past weekend and had a fantastic time. I think some of the Bills fans were quiterude, and there was the drunk girl who stuck her hand in my popcornwhile I was navigating traffic with 2 sodas and the corn. Wanted to slap that bitch. Other than that, another great pilgrimage to Arrowhead. too bad we got stomped!!!