PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV How much TV/Video Games does your significant other consume weekly?

Ari Chi3fs
11-24-2008, 08:50 PM
So, let me preface this.

I come home from one of the most promising meetings ever pertaining to my business and I begin to share it with my wife.

She says, I'm trying to listen, but this is a really good show.

This wouldn't be a problem, if she didn't watch 15 different shows a week, on top of her 2 daily soap operas.

Then, she easily logs 3-4 hours a day playing the Wii.

She is a middle child whose parents had the TV babysit her while growing up... but never let her have a video game system, so it seems like she is acting as if finally her dreams have come true, and is consuming as much media as possible.

She has mastered Mario Galaxy 3 times, and each time logged over 120 hours...

She has played the Legend of Zelda on the Wii... 4 times and has logged over 150 hours each time to master the game...

plus she helps my 7 year old get through those games.

Is this fucking retarded or what?

It's like I married a fucking television zombie. Luckily, 3-4 times a week we get some action in the bedroom, but the TV is fucking insane.

SO, how much TV does your significant other watch?

Saulbadguy
11-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Pics of your wife please.

Deberg_1990
11-24-2008, 08:55 PM
Not much at all during the day or evening. Once the kids are in bed, she watches all the reality crap like DWTS, Survivor, Amazing Race, etc...

Shes not much of a gamer either. Thats surprising that your wife plays that many games??

Groves
11-24-2008, 10:08 PM
The Chiefs account for 100% of my tv watching. We do like movies, though.

jspchief
11-24-2008, 10:14 PM
Sit at a table with everything off for dinner.

Brock
11-24-2008, 10:14 PM
Does she do that hula hoop thing in her underwear?

Thig Lyfe
11-24-2008, 10:17 PM
She's a catch.

Seriously.

luv
11-24-2008, 10:20 PM
I'm guessing she doesn't work?

Guru
11-24-2008, 11:13 PM
My wife is friggin addicted to the tube when she gets home.

Mecca
11-24-2008, 11:18 PM
Your wife plays video games.......dude that is awesome! I wouldn't be complaining at all if that was me.

TrickyNicky
11-24-2008, 11:18 PM
Warning Ari. Don't let her play Puzzle Quest or any of the Disgaea games. They are like crack to girl gamers.

Guru
11-24-2008, 11:19 PM
Your wife plays video games.......dude that is awesome! I wouldn't be complaining at all if that was me.Nah, shes just addicted to the tube. She doesn't game. The question includes either/or.

Mecca
11-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Ah lots of people watch TV, mines always on even if I'm not really paying attention to it.

Guru
11-24-2008, 11:29 PM
Ah lots of people watch TV, mines always on even if I'm not really paying attention to it.That I get. I am even guilty of that. She actually WATCHES the shit though. I have about 4 shows I don't like to miss in a weeks. The rest... meh. She has about 4-5 show per friggen night.

Guru
11-24-2008, 11:30 PM
That I get. I am even guilty of that. She actually WATCHES the shit though. I have about 4 shows I don't like to miss in a weeks. The rest... meh. She has about 4-5 show per friggen night.

In her defense, she records them and watches later but still, 4-5 shows is still 4-5 shows.

VCR GASP:)

Sure-Oz
11-24-2008, 11:33 PM
My gf has 4 shows total, which are the same ones i like...24, Kitchen Nightmares, The Office, and Hell's Kitchen. She also likes NFL, College Sports, and Baseball, its perfect. She reads otherwise and plays wii maybe 2 hrs a week.

Spicy McHaggis
11-24-2008, 11:42 PM
Most of the tv the sig other watches is stuff we watch together, ie The Office. She'll sit and watch a game with me and she's a huge college b-ball fan which is great. I have noticed when she has a really bad day she'll turn on something really craptacular like "Real housewives of OC" or something. I think watching morons makes her feel better about whatever went wrong in her day.

Ari Chi3fs
11-24-2008, 11:54 PM
My gf has 4 shows total, which are the same ones i like...24, Kitchen Nightmares, The Office, and Hell's Kitchen. She also likes NFL, College Sports, and Baseball, its perfect. She reads otherwise and plays wii maybe 2 hrs a week.

That is one thing that is awesome about her media habit... is that she enjoys watching the Royals, Chiefs and Jayhawks.

I think she just loves entertainment. She currently doesn't work... she does a great job with the kids... and so when not doing other stuff around the house... she is pacifying her mind.

Most TV just seems so pointless to me...

damaticous
11-25-2008, 04:47 PM
Chiefs games, News, CSI, and sometimes I join my s/o to watch Grey's anatomy and Ugly Betty.

We mostly watch movies though.

Deberg_1990
11-25-2008, 04:49 PM
That is one thing that is awesome about her media habit... is that she enjoys watching the Royals, Chiefs and Jayhawks.

I think she just loves entertainment. She currently doesn't work... she does a great job with the kids... and so when not doing other stuff around the house... she is pacifying her mind.

Most TV just seems so pointless to me...

Have you told her that her TV habits bothers you so much??

Buck
11-25-2008, 04:54 PM
I probably Watch TV/DVDs/Video Game about 30 Hours a week.

When I had a GF it was more like 12 Hours a week.

Most of this has to do with whenever I go over to a friends, we play video games or watch movies....

Psyko Tek
11-25-2008, 07:02 PM
I live in front of my puter
sundown to 11pm and then mornings on weekends
internet
video games
comic books
all through my friend the compute

Tv nada

I watch sports online

BWillie
11-25-2008, 07:30 PM
My gf hardly watches TV. Probably like 1 hour a week except when I make her watch sportscenter. Her friend broke her big screen by playing wii and chucking the controller at the TV on accident but even before that she doesn't really watch much except Law and Order and CSI. What is it with chicks and CSI and Law and Order. I swear everyone of them that is what they watch.