PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Teicher:Cunningham has been unable to help Chiefs’ defense get better

Tribal Warfare
11-24-2008, 11:28 PM
Cunningham has been unable to help Chiefs’ defense get better (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/907734.html)
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

As is the norm for this time of the football season, Gunther Cunningham had day-old stubble on his face, wore heavy bags under his eyes and generally looked Monday like someone who hadn’t slept in days.

Told this, the Chiefs’ defensive coordinator managed a weak smile.

“I haven’t slept for six weeks, I don’t think,” he said.

It’s that kind of season for the beleaguered Cunningham, and it got worse Sunday when he presided over a defense that allowed a team-record 54 points in the loss to Buffalo.

Cunningham has spent a coaching career trying to cram more than 24 hours of work into every day, and given the Chiefs’ considerable defensive weaknesses, that hasn’t changed.

He said he’s given up watching “SportsCenter” and reading the Internet and the local media and is putting that time into finding solutions for the 1-10 Chiefs and their forlorn defense.

It’s doing precious little good. The Chiefs are last in the NFL in yards allowed and 30th in points allowed, propped up by only the equally pitiful Rams and Lions.

Cunningham isn’t generating the answers he once did. Over the years, some of Cunningham’s defenses have been dominant and others not so good, but he’s always had something that worked in his bag of tricks.

Not this season. The Chiefs are soft against the run and, lacking a strong rush, weak against the pass.

The hideous statistics attached to his name might suggest otherwise, but Cunningham said he believes this is one of his better coaching jobs.

“I’m probably coaching better this year than I have in a long time,” he said. “The Chargers game was one of the highlights of my coaching career even though we lost. We had so many injuries. To do the things we had to do to get through that game and fight them until the end and have a chance to win, that was pretty good.

“If I’ve improved in one area, it’s how to nurture young players and how to teach them in the classroom and on the grass. I’ve had to do things I’ve never had to do before because there are so many young people around me. I can’t even begin to tell you how much more of a teacher you have to be than when you have veteran players.”

Coach Herm Edwards agreed with Cunningham’s assessment, saying the entire defensive staff, the coordinator included, would be invited to return next season.

“We’re building something here and those guys are part of it,” Edwards said.

It’s also been one of Cunningham’s most challenging seasons. The Chiefs are using numerous young players. Injuries have not only knocked several starters from their lineup but forced the Chiefs to use players who only recently signed on.

Cunningham has mostly worked with veteran defenders in his time with the Chiefs, so he’s had to adjust. The Chiefs start three rookies. Only four of their starters are beyond their third NFL season.

Edwards said Cunningham isn’t out of his element working with so many young players.

“He’s doing something he hasn’t done in a long time, but he can do this and he’s enjoying it,” Edwards said.

The sparkle comes back to Cunningham’s face when he speaks of the many young players. Glenn Dorsey, Brandon Flowers, Brandon Carr, Bernard Pollard, Jarrad Page, Tank Tyler. Cunningham pushed the Chiefs to draft all of them.

He’s been guilty of leading the Chiefs astray before on veteran players like Kendrell Bell and Napoleon Harris but insisted this would be different.

“I know I’m right with these guys,” Cunningham said.

“I’ve got more experience than anybody in this city doing this. Nobody else has coached for as long as I have, 39 total and 28 in this league. I know what I see. If this all works like I think it’s going to work, I’m not worried. I’m going to someday be able to relax and put my feet up in hopefully 10 or 20 years and say, ‘I was right. They were the right guys for the Chiefs.’ ”

Cunningham hasn’t found a way to make it work yet. He had to simplify and reduce the schemes because of all the young and new players. But he also may have been guilty of expecting too much of certain players.

After trading Jared Allen, the Chiefs were hopeful Tamba Hali and Derrick Johnson could be their prime pass rushers, but neither one has delivered.

The Chiefs have a league-low six sacks.

“What happens in coaching is that you never go into a year not thinking the most positive things that you can as a coach,” Cunningham said. “My idea of overcoming the Jared Allen deal was to put pressure on with blitzes. I thought I had the elements there.

“The problem I’m having is that Demorrio Williams got hurt and Pat Thomas got hurt. I was going to put the edge on the pass rush by using them, but I turn around and they’re not there. Demorrio Williams went downhill when he broke his hand. He’s finally coming back now. I like Pat Thomas as a blitzer but he’s been out. Now I’m using Rocky Boiman and Maurice Leggett. That’s not real good right now.

“If there was one failure, it was not having enough of that kind of guy with the right firepower.”

Ari Chi3fs
11-24-2008, 11:36 PM
Water is Wet.
By ADAM TEICHER

DaWolf
11-24-2008, 11:36 PM
“I’m probably coaching better this year than I have in a long time,” he said. “The Chargers game was one of the highlights of my coaching career even though we lost. We had so many injuries. To do the things we had to do to get through that game and fight them until the end and have a chance to win, that was pretty good.

“If I’ve improved in one area, it’s how to nurture young players and how to teach them in the classroom and on the grass. I’ve had to do things I’ve never had to do before because there are so many young people around me. I can’t even begin to tell you how much more of a teacher you have to be than when you have veteran players.”

Wow. Just...wow.

KCJohnny
11-24-2008, 11:42 PM
Coach Herm Edwards agreed with Cunningham’s assessment, saying the entire defensive staff, the coordinator included, would be invited to return next season.

Interesting. The two coordinators, each a former HC, and Herm, the HC who has never been a coordinator will return for year two of the total rebuild. Ya never know. This might be the right answer.

Me? I'm going to sit back and enjoy it while most of ChiefsPlanet recycles the Fire _____________ Now! threads...

Go Chiefs!
:arrow:

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-24-2008, 11:45 PM
Interesting. The two coordinators, each a former HC, and Herm, the HC who has never been a coordinator will return for year two of the total rebuild. Ya never know. This might be the right answer.

Me? I'm going to sit back and enjoy it while most of ChiefsPlanet recycles the Fire _____________ Now! threads...

Go Chiefs!
:arrow:

At least you are consistent in your blind obedience to everything.

Raiderhader
11-24-2008, 11:46 PM
I'm tired of excuses. Year in and year out that is all we get. There probably is an element of truth to the youth factor, but f#ck, he wasn't doing anything better with the vets either.

Darth CarlSatan
11-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Cunningham has been unable to help Chiefs’ defense get better (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/907734.html)
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

As is the norm for this time of the football season, Gunther Cunningham had day-old stubble on his face, wore heavy bags under his eyes and generally looked Monday like someone who hadn’t slept in days.

Told this, the Chiefs’ defensive coordinator managed a weak smile.

It’s that kind of season for the beleaguered Cunningham, and it got worse Sunday when he presided over a defense that allowed a team-record 54 points in the loss to Buffalo.

Cunningham has spent a coaching career trying to cram more than 24 hours of work into every day, and given the Chiefs’ considerable defensive weaknesses, that hasn’t changed.

He said he’s given up watching “SportsCenter” and reading the Internet and the local media and is putting that time into finding solutions for the 1-10 Chiefs and their forlorn defense.

It’s doing precious little good. The Chiefs are last in the NFL in yards allowed and 30th in points allowed, propped up by only the equally pitiful Rams and Lions.

Cunningham isn’t generating the answers he once did. Over the years, some of Cunningham’s defenses have been dominant and others not so good, but he’s always had something that worked in his bag of tricks.

Not this season. The Chiefs are soft against the run and, lacking a strong rush, weak against the pass.

The hideous statistics attached to his name might suggest otherwise, but Cunningham said he believes this is one of his better coaching jobs.

It’s also been one of Cunningham’s most challenging seasons. The Chiefs are using numerous young players. Injuries have not only knocked several starters from their lineup but forced the Chiefs to use players who only recently signed on.

Cunningham has mostly worked with veteran defenders in his time with the Chiefs, so he’s had to adjust. The Chiefs start three rookies. Only four of their starters are beyond their third NFL season.

Edwards said Cunningham isn’t out of his element working with so many young players.

“He’s doing something he hasn’t done in a long time, but he can do this and he’s enjoying it,” Edwards said.

The sparkle comes back to Cunningham’s face when he speaks of the many young players. Glenn Dorsey, Brandon Flowers, Brandon Carr, Bernard Pollard, Jarrad Page, Tank Tyler. Cunningham pushed the Chiefs to draft all of them.

He’s been guilty of leading the Chiefs astray before on veteran players like Kendrell Bell and Napoleon Harris but insisted this would be different.

“I know I’m right with these guys,” Cunningham said.

“I’ve got more experience than anybody in this city doing this. Nobody else has coached for as long as I have, 39 total and 28 in this league. I know what I see. If this all works like I think it’s going to work, I’m not worried. I’m going to someday be able to relax and put my feet up in hopefully 10 or 20 years and say, ‘I was right. They were the right guys for the Chiefs.’ ”

Cunningham hasn’t found a way to make it work yet. He had to simplify and reduce the schemes because of all the young and new players. But he also may have been guilty of expecting too much of certain players.

After trading Jared Allen, the Chiefs were hopeful Tamba Hali and Derrick Johnson could be their prime pass rushers, but neither one has delivered.

The Chiefs have a league-low six sacks.

“What happens in coaching is that you never go into a year not thinking the most positive things that you can as a coach,” Cunningham said. “My idea of overcoming the Jared Allen deal was to put pressure on with blitzes. I thought I had the elements there.

“The problem I’m having is that Demorrio Williams got hurt and Pat Thomas got hurt. I was going to put the edge on the pass rush by using them, but I turn around and they’re not there. Demorrio Williams went downhill when he broke his hand. He’s finally coming back now. I like Pat Thomas as a blitzer but he’s been out. Now I’m using Rocky Boiman and Maurice Leggett. That’s not real good right now.

“If there was one failure, it was not having enough of that kind of guy with the right firepower.”

Wow. This is a hard read. Like I said before; all of the suspects at OAD are the "nicest losers you'll ever meet", as well as being pretty good actors at times( CARL ).
But still, I read this and that old Human element comes through and starts digging on my conscience.
Let's look at who refuses to face the Press; Clark and Carl.
Now with Carl we know EXACTLY who we're dealing with; there is no mystery whatsoever. Clark on the other hand, is the ultimate question mark.
Did I mention Hunt Money goes to a succer team too?
I don't want to do "Bus Chuckage" on Gun's behalf; he's done it quite nicely on his own in this article. That said, I get the feeling that the lack of compartmentalization( which stems from a lack of $$$$ )on the aspects of this franchise that truly need it, are helping to kill what might actually be worth something.

Mecca
11-24-2008, 11:49 PM
It's really funny and sad at the same time to see coaches of a 1-10 team talk about how they're doing a great job and all expect to be back.

Tribal Warfare
11-24-2008, 11:59 PM
It's really funny and sad at the same time to see coaches of a 1-10 team talk about how they're doing a great job and all expect to be back.

It's the KC Chiefs what do you expect?

Mecca
11-25-2008, 12:05 AM
It's the KC Chiefs what do you expect?

I'm just going to play football video games now....there's more hope in that than the Chiefs at this point.

Ari Chi3fs
11-25-2008, 12:08 AM
Water is Wet.
By ADAM TEICHER

I'd give myself rep if I could. That shit was hilarious.

TAGS: Ari Chi3fs is a rep whore, How the **** does Frazod have more rep than me?, Seriously, WTF?!, How does anyone have more rep than Rain Man?

chiefzilla1501
11-25-2008, 12:11 AM
No, No, NOOOO

blueballs
11-25-2008, 12:53 AM
“I’ve got more experience than anybody in this city doing this. Nobody else has pulled his pecker for as long as I have, 39 total and 28 in this league. I know what I see. If this all works like I think it’s going to work, I’m not worried. I’m going to someday be able to relax and put my feet up in hopefully 10 or 20 years and say, ‘I was right. And I'll have a 14" dick .’ ”

KCJohnny
11-25-2008, 12:54 AM
At least you are consistent in your blind obedience to everything.

I'm happy!
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Fruit Ninja
11-25-2008, 01:22 AM
I'm just going to play football video games now....there's more hope in that than the Chiefs at this point.

Not really, there wasnt a decent football game to play this year. They are all shit. I rather watch the Chiefs defense then play any video football game put out this year.

KCJohnny
11-25-2008, 03:45 AM
Not really, there wasnt a decent football game to play this year. They are all shit. I rather watch the Chiefs defense then play any video football game put out this year.
Madden 2009 for Wii is a total bust. I wasted money on that and then bought the version for X Box which was just as bad. :cuss:

the Talking Can
11-25-2008, 04:50 AM
"I...I...I...I...I...I...I...I...I...I......"

what a clueless a-hole

the Talking Can
11-25-2008, 05:01 AM

this makes me fucking sick

this franchise deserves to burn in hell

only retarded true fans, like kcjohnny, can rejoice in such clowns being retained

fuck these losers....

JOhn
11-25-2008, 05:04 AM
“I’m probably coaching better this year than I have in a long time,” he said. “The Chargers game was one of the highlights of my coaching career even though we lost.”

:eek:

That's scary!!

I really would hate to see what it would take to admit he's having a "BAD" year.??:shake:

FringeNC
11-25-2008, 05:08 AM

If he's telling the truth, he's mentally unbalanced for thinking that would be a good idea. [And even more mentally unbalanced from the effects.]

This guy just isn't all there. I can see why Carl fired him over the internet the first time - Carl was terrified Gun would kill him.

KCJohnny
11-25-2008, 06:05 AM
this makes me ****ing sick

this franchise deserves to burn in hell

only retarded true fans, like kcjohnny, can rejoice in such clowns being retained

**** these losers....

:rockon:PBJ:bravo:

ROFL

Agent V
11-25-2008, 06:35 AM

Oh, THAT'S our problem. Our elite pass rushers, Demarrio Williams and Pat Thomas, are INJURED! Without these two infinitely talented Pro Bowl pass rushers, our defense dropped to dead last in the league. Damn injuries!

The Bad Guy
11-25-2008, 06:38 AM
There is no bigger egomaniac than Gunther. Defense is dead fucking last in just about everything and he turns it into "this is my best coaching job" bullshit. He is such a spineless loser it makes me sick that players have to learn from him. He's like the jerkoff uncle everyone has who wears stupid shit and says stupid things. You wish he would just go away, but he won't.

That dumb fucker thinks that no sleep = results. It's like he wants a pity party when he talks about not sleeping. I hope the MF never sleeps after the false promises he made to this entire fanbase.

Deberg_1990
11-25-2008, 07:10 AM

Good Lord, there are no words.....

If these turds are invited back, im done for awhile....

If we have an owner that doesnt care about winning, why should we?

Brock
11-25-2008, 07:12 AM

ROFL Our failure is complete.

BigChiefFan
11-25-2008, 07:21 AM

What a fucking disgrace this organization has become.

Enjoy your new digs, Clark, with nobody attending to watch your inferior product. Every day is becoming easier to just give up on this team and move on.

KCJohnny
11-25-2008, 07:28 AM

You can always defect to the Chargers, Brock.
The Raiders also welcome ex-Chiefs fans I am told.

Brock
11-25-2008, 07:31 AM
You can always defect to the Chargers, Brock.
The Raiders also welcome ex-Chiefs fans I am told.

Yay, "Gay for Gun" chimes in.

dirk digler
11-25-2008, 07:37 AM

WTF?

There is absolutely NO reason for any of them to return.

That is a bunch of fucking bullshit. God I hate this fucking team sometimes.

CoMoChief
11-25-2008, 07:43 AM
Gunther has to go.......I hate to say because I love the guy and what he stands for,

But hes not coaching what he wants, he's not a good fit here.

Think about it, he's gone thru 2 HC changes, both entirely different people with different philosophies. DV was more a a guy who delegated work to his coaches, Herm wants to install a Cover-Who defense which invovles players dropping into coverage instead of running down hill,

HemiEd
11-25-2008, 07:47 AM

This article absolutely ruined my day, and I didn't think it was possible for the Chiefs to do that anymore.

HemiEd
11-25-2008, 07:50 AM

If he's telling the truth, he's mentally unbalanced for thinking that would be a good idea. [And even more mentally unbalanced from the effects.]

This guy just isn't all there. I can see why Carl fired him over the internet the first time - Carl was terrified Gun would kill him.

Losing sleep is not good when you are old, I will attest to that. And he is much older than I am. He might have 5 or 6 good productive hours at work if he gets a GOOD nights sleep. Zero without it. Fucking dickwad.

Huffman83
11-25-2008, 07:58 AM
Here's what this article reminds me of.

http://www.beyondhollywood.com/moviepics/officespace9.jpg

"So What you're telling me is....you've improved in one area, and that's how to nurture young players and how to teach them in the classroom and on the grass. You've had to do things you've never had to do before because there are so many young people around you.

http://www.luminomagazine.com/2004.03/spotlight/officespace/images/tom/tom2.jpg

"Yes!!! I have people skills!!!!"

BigRedChief
11-25-2008, 08:01 AM
Water is Wet.
By ADAM TEICHER
no chit. The Star reports are the lamest, simplest and obvious articles. They should be ashamed of their "journalism".

crazycoffey
11-25-2008, 08:08 AM
I believe! Herm and Gun are going to get it done!!!!!

KCFalcon59
11-25-2008, 08:16 AM

At least the Chiefs can win on occasion in video games.

DaWolf
11-25-2008, 08:53 AM
You see, the problem with Gun is that there is ALWAYS an excuse. He's quick to pat himself on the back if he thinks something went well, but when it doesn't, it's always due to something else.

When the coaches don't stand up to take accountability, how do you expect the players to take accountability for their play?

Darth CarlSatan
11-25-2008, 08:59 AM
You see, the problem with Gun is that there is ALWAYS an excuse. He's quick to pat himself on the back if he thinks something went well, but when it doesn't, it's always due to something else.

When the coaches don't stand up to take accountability, how do you expect the players to take accountability for their play?

Good point.

Bob Dole
11-25-2008, 09:02 AM
Herm saying that they are all welcome back is just more proof that Herm needs to be gone.

Rausch
11-25-2008, 09:05 AM

Gun has an excuse, and it's ligitimate, that everyone is hurt.

Not that I give a $#it. He's had 5 years to draft quality starters and depth. FIVE FUCKING YEARS.

Accountability.

When? When does it kick in?...

Darth CarlSatan
11-25-2008, 09:11 AM
Gun has an excuse, and it's ligitimate, that everyone is hurt.

Not that I give a $#it. He's had 5 years to draft quality starters and depth. FIVE FUCKING YEARS.

Accountability.

When? When does it kick in?...

How important is the defensive line? How has it been picked/handled?
How effective is it?

Answer: Goodbye Gun and Herm.

Fish
11-25-2008, 09:28 AM
WTF is Gun doing all day if he's getting no sleep? Because it's obviously not coaching defense....

Gun has lost his mind....

Rausch
11-25-2008, 09:31 AM
WTF is Gun doing all day if he's getting no sleep? Because it's obviously not coaching defense....

Gun has lost his mind....

The secondary (save Flowers) still can't tackle.

They don't wrap up, they don't square up or know when to go low on a physical HB. It's like watching 3 Greg Wesley's out there...:shake:

Mr. Laz
11-25-2008, 09:33 AM
I'm happy!
:D :D :D :D :D :D

you know what they say about bliss ........

crazycoffey
11-25-2008, 09:36 AM
At least the Chiefs can win on occasion in video games.

I've got the new madden on PS3. I think it was when LJ was sitting for his stupid chit and Tony was asking for a trade that I started the season over. Traded LJ to tampa before the season for thier number 1 pick and LB Ruud. I then traded Mac-n-sac along with Hoorid for some RG - I don't remember the name, but has an 86 madden rating AND a number 5 draft pick to some other team. Moved Herb to RT and started to develop him, Albert and Charles all preseason. Only a few games in, but it's much more fun to watch than the real chiefs.

Darth CarlSatan
11-25-2008, 09:38 AM

They don't wrap up, they don't square up or know when to go low on a physical HB. It's like watching 3 Greg Wesley's out there...:shake:

Let's bask in the potential greatness...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsMNyu77Ld8
Ahh...much better.

StcChief
11-25-2008, 09:39 AM

maybe the lack of sleep is effecting his ability.... over time it does. he can use that excuse.

Just because Herm is inviting them back doesn't mean anything.. I would hope Clark would weigh in.

Fish
11-25-2008, 09:40 AM

Yes. The entire defense is making fundamental mistakes such as bad foot positioning, tackling too high, leaving your feet, arm tackling, etc. And while they are mostly young inexperienced guys, that should be all the more reason to emphasize technique and fundamentals. Sometimes it appears that the coaches are just sending the guys out on the field and expecting them to simply learn by just being there.

Experience ≠ improvement when you're neglecting the fundamentals. And I think that's what we're seeing right now.

crazycoffey
11-25-2008, 09:43 AM
you know what they say about bliss ........

what?
-that it makes life more enjoyable? I think I'll take the blind bliss even in unreality than compared to the dank dismal omnipotence of true chiefs reality.....

Hydrae
11-25-2008, 10:02 AM

Carl can't fire him over the internet this time, Gun isn't reading it! He would never get the message and years from now will still be haunting the passageways of Arrowhead.

Darth CarlSatan
11-25-2008, 10:04 AM
Carl can't fire him over the internet this time, Gun isn't reading it! He would never get the message and years from now will still be haunting the passageways of Arrowhead.

Damn, there goes my investment/retirement plan of marketing yellow-lens sunglasses on Ebay. :grr:

No Del Boca Vista Estates for me... :deevee:

blueballs
11-25-2008, 10:29 AM
"Coach Herm Edwards agreed with Cunningham’s assessment, saying the entire defensive staff, the coordinator included, would be invited to return next season."

So Herm is saying
if they go -I go
that just makes it SO much easier

chiefzilla1501
11-25-2008, 11:07 AM

Actually, the corners tackle very well. Carr has been a solid tackler, Flowers has been terrific, and even if Leggett isn't the best cover guy, he's made a few really big tackles. The safeties are a different story. Not sure why that is. But I still believe that Gibbs is teaching his players a hell of a lot better than Gun and Krumrie are teaching theirs and it really shows.

mlyonsd
11-25-2008, 11:14 AM

I'm almost certain I could coach the defense to second to last place in the NFL so I think I should have the job.

Fish
11-25-2008, 11:58 AM
Actually, the corners tackle very well. Carr has been a solid tackler, Flowers has been terrific, and even if Leggett isn't the best cover guy, he's made a few really big tackles. The safeties are a different story. Not sure why that is. But I still believe that Gibbs is teaching his players a hell of a lot better than Gun and Krumrie are teaching theirs and it really shows.

Carr has been struggling with tackling, from what I've seen. He's got great cover speed, but his positioning and tackling has been less than solid. He doesn't open his hips well on coverage sometimes either. He's got talent for sure, and could turn into a very good corner, but he's making some fundamental mistakes fairly often. Luckily the things he's struggling with can be corrected. Gibbs is still doing a good job though...

Darth CarlSatan
11-25-2008, 12:13 PM

You got it; Gibbs runs a solid practice, and he should stay. I wouldn't mind seeing what he could do as a Coord. He's a very focused and intense guy, like the Gun of old, but without all of the useless hyperbole.

Deberg_1990
11-25-2008, 12:18 PM
So basically Herm knows how to draft and develop ONE position: Cornerback.

Imagine that???

Herm = Glorified Position Coach.

Darth CarlSatan
11-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Carr has been struggling with tackling, from what I've seen. He's got great cover speed, but his positioning and tackling has been less than solid. He doesn't open his hips well on coverage sometimes either. He's got talent for sure, and could turn into a very good corner, but he's making some fundamental mistakes fairly often. Luckily the things he's struggling with can be corrected. Gibbs is still doing a good job though...

Carr's strength is beating the receiver on long-ball situations, not in the short-flats. He'll get better though. It's almost like you just want one good fast and hard hitting Safety, just ONE. One guy breathing on the back of the line's neck, whose sole existence in life is to put an immediate slow down/stop on any runs not going to the outside.
In that situation, you could put Leggitt on straight coverage with Flowers, and place Carr about 20 yards out behind them, in the middle of the field to keep an eye on the long-pass and to get some momentum coming back the other way if an assist/tackle needs to be made from a short pass or a runner.

Of course you'd need a D-line from hell to do this, but I say scrap the Turd 2, get the two best OLB's you can, and start bringing it from the outside again.

googlegoogle
11-25-2008, 12:41 PM
Keep blaming coaches for the poor players on this team.

DJ= high first rounder. Fails.
Tamba = first rounder. Fails.

Turk=Fails.

Herm is making mistakes in drafting. Kuharik too.

Mecca
11-25-2008, 12:44 PM

Turk=Fails.

When you see how many players on this team have failed I think the way they are coached has something to do with that...

CoMoChief
11-25-2008, 12:46 PM
Gunther RULES!!!!!

The defense needs to believe in the spirit of the yellow tinted glasses.

RustShack
11-25-2008, 12:46 PM
Herm needs to let Gun go, I'm not saying Gun it good, but hes not calling plays like he normally would. Gun loves to Blitz and I haven't seen shit.

Spicy McHaggis
11-25-2008, 01:12 PM
Gunther gave up reading the internet?

How will he know when he gets shitcanned then?

chiefsngop
11-25-2008, 03:25 PM
Gunther gave up reading the internet?

How will he know when he gets shitcanned then?

ROFLROFL:clap:ROFLROFL

Did Gunther really just pat himself on the back while overseeing a bottom 3 in the league _efense ?

My heat level toward C. Hunt is really starting to rise.

If these f*ckin coaches can't take any accountability at all, and can actually pat themselves on the back after winning 1 out of 20 games.

Then Mr. Hunt has to put the accountability on them, for them. If they don't get the message that this state of affairs is unacceptable then Hunt has to provide that message.

Obviously CP, HE, & GC just don't understand that 1 out of 20 just isn't acceptable.

chiefzilla1501
11-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Herm needs to let Gun go, I'm not saying Gun it good, but hes not calling plays like he normally would. Gun loves to Blitz and I haven't seen shit.

I've seen him do the jailbreak blitz many times and it almost always seems to lead to a big play. Playcalling is one thing. What frustrates me to no end is how awful these players are at simple fundamentals. Good defensive coaches don't let their players play that sloppy.

BigMeatballDave
11-25-2008, 03:43 PM

Go Chiefs!
:arrow:You are truely retarded...

chiefzilla1501
11-25-2008, 03:44 PM

Turk=Fails.

Really? Because I saw a coach on the other side of the ball take a D-IIA 6th round pick QB and a busted offensive line develop an offense that fits the strengths of his players.

You know you're not a good coach when you demand superstar players to make your defense work instead of developing a defense that will get the best out of their players. Gun has proven time and time and time again that he not only has a poor eye for talent, but he also has a track record of playing them out of position.

talastan
11-25-2008, 03:45 PM
I've seen him do the jailbreak blitz many times and it almost always seems to lead to a big play. Playcalling is one thing. What frustrates me to no end is how awful these players are at simple fundamentals. Good defensive coaches don't let their players play that sloppy.

What do mean, arm tackling is the staple of the Chiefs defensive philosophy. Just as important as the Cover Who scheme! :thumb:

Darth CarlSatan
11-25-2008, 03:51 PM

I'll add to that; as a rookie/2nd-year guy, who's your Tony Gonzales to look up to and learn from on this defense?

Donnie Edwards? ROFL

BigMeatballDave
11-25-2008, 04:03 PM
I'm happy!
:D :D :D :D :D :DWell, ignorance IS bliss...:rolleyes:

BigMeatballDave
11-25-2008, 04:11 PM

When the coaches don't stand up to take accountability, how do you expect the players to take accountability for their play?This

TEX
11-25-2008, 04:55 PM
Must be nice to have the kind of total job security that Carl, Herm, and Gun have for total failure...:shake:

Dylan
11-25-2008, 05:08 PM
“I’ve got more experience than anybody in this city doing this. Nobody else has pulled his pecker for as long as I have, 39 total and 28 in this league. I know what I see. If this all works like I think it’s going to work, I’m not worried. I’m going to someday be able to relax and put my feet up in hopefully 10 or 20 years and say, ‘I was right. And I'll have a 14" dick .’ ”

:eek::eek: ROFL ROFL ROFL

KCUnited
11-25-2008, 05:27 PM

He blitzed Brackenridge, who didn't even sniff the qb, on the game winning TD against TB.