PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports It's Basketball Season. yayyy...

Darth CarlSatan
11-25-2008, 09:57 AM
Yayyy. Nothing but college hoops on the radio this morning. yayyy...

Oh, if only golf and tennis could arrive tomorrow! :rolleyes:

yayyy...

ChiefsCountry
11-25-2008, 09:58 AM
2 days in row bitching about KC Sports radio.

Demonpenz
11-25-2008, 09:59 AM
I think the Lakers and Celtics will probaby meet again in the finals.

Darth CarlSatan
11-25-2008, 09:59 AM
2 days in row bitching about KC Sports radio.

If they continue their "quality programming", it will be three for three tomorrow too!

Darth CarlSatan
11-25-2008, 10:01 AM
I think the Lakers and Celtics will probaby meet again in the finals.

I hope so; that last one was hilarious.

Demonpenz
11-25-2008, 10:01 AM
The interesting thing will be how houston does. I think the addition of ron artest who really locks up one player a night will really free up Yao and give him more freedom on the offensive side of the ball. The mavs...who knows how they will play with mark cuban in trouble

Darth CarlSatan
11-25-2008, 10:02 AM
The interesting thing will be how houston does. I think the addition of ron artest who really locks up one player a night will really free up Yao and give him more freedom on the offensive side of the ball. The mavs...who knows how they will play with mark cuban in trouble

Too bad about that dude; he turned a major pile of shit in to a winner.

Demonpenz
11-25-2008, 10:02 AM
Gilbert Arenas (againt zero) keeps to be one of the more entertaining people in the nba

"I told them to cut the leg off a couple times. You know, cut it off and then bring it back to me when it was all healed. Because, you know, Heather Mills on Dancing with the Stars, she had that leg. I was saying I could borrow one of those and finish out the season. But they wasn’t going for that."

Woodrow Call
11-25-2008, 10:03 AM
FWIW most radios have a knob or a button that if pushed or twisted slightly will change the station you are listening to. Hope this helps.

Demonpenz
11-25-2008, 10:04 AM
Dirk And Dwade keep on rolling they earned another player of the week this week

Demonpenz
11-25-2008, 10:06 AM
Orlando Magic guard-forward Keith Bogans will miss approximately four-to-six weeks of action due to a fractured left thumb, General Manager Otis Smith announced today.

Demonpenz
11-25-2008, 10:07 AM
It is strange how in every other sport and teams they fire shitty managers/coaches fast. Washington Wizards President Ernie Grunfeld announced today that the team has relieved Head Coach Eddie Jordan of his duties. Ed Tapscott will lead the team as interim head coach beginning immediately.

Darth CarlSatan
11-25-2008, 10:08 AM
FWIW most radios have a knob or a button that if pushed or twisted slightly will change the station you are listening to. Hope this helps.

I keep trying to turn that knob on my LCD, but no such luck. :(:doh!:

Darth CarlSatan
11-25-2008, 10:15 AM
It is strange how in every other sport and teams they fire shitty managers/coaches fast. Washington Wizards President Ernie Grunfeld announced today that the team has relieved Head Coach Eddie Jordan of his duties. Ed Tapscott will lead the team as interim head coach beginning immediately.

Because this franchise does NOT understand or practice the principle "it takes money to make money".

Look at our drafting/signing process if you require further proof.
We have the Peterson "Yard Sale Pick Me-Up"-method( Studebaker etc. ),
and the Peterson "Estate Sale Pick Me-Up"-method( Warren Moon etc.)
The Yard Sale has produced Bradley( good ). Therefore, it shall not produce a positive result for the next 10 to 15 years.

Demonpenz
11-25-2008, 10:16 AM
No crap I wish the pacers would do the same.

Demonpenz
11-25-2008, 10:16 AM
The Pacers, now 5-7, have dropped four of their past five games and are in the midst of a stretch where they play 10 of 13 games on the road. Their road schedule includes games at Dallas, Houston, Orlando, Boston, Cleveland, Toronto and Detroit, all teams expected to be in the playoffs. To make matters worse, the Pacers are just 1-4 away from Conseco Fieldhouse and have problems holding onto leads.

Demonpenz
11-25-2008, 10:24 AM
At least I hope they're ready.

Mike Wells takes a look at the challenging schedule facing the Pacers over the next 13 games.

The Pacers, now 5-7, have dropped four of their past five games and are in the midst of a stretch where they play 10 of 13 games on the road. Their road schedule includes games at Dallas, Houston, Orlando, Boston, Cleveland, Toronto and Detroit, all teams expected to be in the playoffs. To make matters worse, the Pacers are just 1-4 away from Conseco Fieldhouse and have problems holding onto leads.

What goes unmentioned are the three home games, two of which are against the Los Angeles Lakers and the Boston Celtics. Yep, this is the killer early schedule I worried about in August, hoping for an 8-12 record after the first 20. After a few games, it appeared like 10-10 would be reasonable and let's face it, within the last week alone, an extra 3 Ws were there for the taking.

Demonpenz
11-25-2008, 10:25 AM
I remember when the pacers had delif schrimpf and company rick smits.

Darth CarlSatan
11-25-2008, 10:26 AM
I remember when the pacers had delif schrimpf and company rick smits.

Pacers are heading in to a rough ride.

Demonpenz
11-25-2008, 10:27 AM
After spending the day traveling yesterday, I spent plenty of time considering the late game lapses that have stung the Indiana Pacers lately. At thought that continued to surface is that the Pacers are struggling through an early-season identity crisis after dropping four of their last five games in frustrating fashion.

Three of the four past losses were games that saw the Pacers hold a lead and apparent control of the game at least through the first half only to lose their grasp on that control as the game moved to winning time in the fourth quarter.

As well as the Pacers have played at times during games, they seem to be hunting for just what to do and who to rely on with the game in the balance. The two most recent losses to Orlando and Miami highlighted the problem as the Pacers lost late leads to two teams that had established stars surrounded by playmakers with firmly cast roles.