PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Charlie Weis anyone?

Goapics1
11-26-2008, 11:11 AM
Chiefs bring him in for a look if shit canned at Notre Dame?

ESPN.com: College Football

Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Newspaper says that Weis' buyout figure isn't as high as reported

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPN.com news services

CHICAGO -- Is Charlie Weis' job as the head football coach at Notre Dame safe because of the size of his contract buyout? The Chicago Tribune cited sources Wednesday who dispute that.

The Tribune, citing multiple sources, reported that earlier reports on the size of Weis' buyout -- previously said to be as much as $10 million -- are inaccurate. The paper also said that the amount isn't enough to affect whether Notre Dame decides to part ways with Weis.

Notre Dame (6-5), coming off an embarrassing home loss to lightly-regarded Syracuse, plays at No. 5 USC on Saturday night (8 p.m. ET, ESPN).

The Tribune reported that typical buyouts for college football coaches are base salary times years remaining on a contract. Weis' base salary for the 2007 season was $598,000, according to a report in the Fort Wayne Journal Gazette, which attributed the figure to Notre Dame's tax forms.

If Weis' salary was up to $650,000, the paper reported, that would put his buyout at less than $5 million. The paper, citing an unnamed prominent alumnus, called a buyout figure "loose change."

Earlier this month, Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick said he will not evaluate Weis until after the season, and that anyone who suggests a coaching change could occur should know that it is "not under consideration at this time."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3727946

evolve27
11-26-2008, 11:13 AM
Herm's already coaching a college team, Josh McDaniels, Cowher or bust.

Goapics1
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/txmed/weisathon.jpg

mikeyis4dcats.
are you HIGH?

JASONSAUTO
11-26-2008, 11:14 AM
UUUUUUUMMMMMMMM NO

beavis
11-26-2008, 11:14 AM
Notre Dame = Nebraska. Former powerhouses that need to come to grips with the fact that they aren't what they used to be.

Goapics1
11-26-2008, 11:15 AM
http://www.thermocaster.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/charlie-weis.jpg

Micjones
11-26-2008, 11:15 AM
Sure, if he wants to be an Offensive Coordinator.

Goapics1
11-26-2008, 11:16 AM
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6639/gutpr5.jpg

Skip Towne
11-26-2008, 11:17 AM
Lou Holtz would be cheaper.

Frazod
11-26-2008, 11:19 AM
I still can't believe Notre Lame lost to Syracuse. LMAO

That's like a pro team losing to the Chie.... uh, never mind.

Pestilence
11-26-2008, 11:22 AM
I'm a Notre Dame fan.....and I'm going to have to say no. The guy is nothing but a average offensive coordinator at best. Look at Brady's stats when Weis was the coordinator.......average. The only reason that he and Brady looked good was because of the Pat's defenses those years.

TN_Chief
11-26-2008, 11:25 AM
Fuck. No.

Deberg_1990
11-26-2008, 11:26 AM
If Notre Dame ever wants to compete for a Championship again, they need to lower their academic standards.

Sad but true.

Rausch
11-26-2008, 11:26 AM
****. No.

Ditto...

Zouk
11-26-2008, 11:29 AM
Wasn't Charlie Weis Josh McDaniels before Josh McDaniels? Only with Super Bowl rings.

Cautionary tale.

Micjones
11-26-2008, 11:30 AM
I'm a Notre Dame fan.....and I'm going to have to say no. The guy is nothing but a average offensive coordinator at best. Look at Brady's stats when Weis was the coordinator.......average. The only reason that he and Brady looked good was because of the Pat's defenses those years.

Brady's stats didn't exactly balloon when Weis left.
His breakout season came after acquiring one of the best WR's to play the game.

eazyb81
11-26-2008, 11:31 AM
I think it's obvious by now that guys like Weis and Romeo Crennel have been wrongly hyped up due to being lucky enough to have Brady as QB and Bellichick as the head coach.

Pestilence
11-26-2008, 11:31 AM
Brady's stats didn't exactly balloon when Weis left.
His breakout season came after acquiring one of the best WR's to play the game.

True....which proves that Weis wasn't that great of an offensive coordinator. Yeah he got a lot of stats out of Quinn, Stovall, Samardzijia and Stovall but those were Ty's recruits.

Jenson71
11-26-2008, 11:33 AM
If Notre Dame ever wants to compete for a Championship again, they need to lower their academic standards.

Really? I didn't know they were any different than other colleges when it came to that issue.

RustShack
11-26-2008, 11:35 AM
McDaniels as HC, Weis as OC, Crennell as DC, Cassell as QB?

Pestilence
11-26-2008, 11:36 AM
Really? I didn't know they were any different than other colleges when it came to that issue.

Yeah. They like to be the school that's "good at football" but is still high on academics. You don't remember the quote from one of ND's old football coaches that said that we needed to get "more black players"? I forget who it was.....but he got tons of shit for it.

Pestilence
11-26-2008, 11:36 AM
McDaniels as HC, Weis as OC, Crennell as DC, Cassell as QB?

Now coming to Arrowhead in 2009.......Your Kansas City Carbon Copy Patriots!!!

Jenson71
11-26-2008, 11:38 AM
Yeah. They like to be the school that's "good at football" but is still high on academics. You don't remember the quote from one of ND's old football coaches that said that we needed to get "more black players"? I forget who it was.....but he got tons of shit for it.

I guess maybe Paul Hornung said that.

RustShack
11-26-2008, 11:38 AM
Now coming to Arrowhead in 2009.......Your Kansas City Carbon Copy Patriots!!!

With Scott Pioli as our GM? :)

Pestilence
11-26-2008, 11:40 AM
I guess maybe Paul Hornung said that.

Yeah.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=ncf&id=1772391

Hornung: Notre Dame must "ease" academics to get black players

Updated: March 31, 2004, 3:35 PM ET
Email
Print
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Calling his remarks "insensitive" and "insulting," Notre Dame rejected comments made by former Heisman Trophy winner Paul Hornung, who called on the school to "ease" its academic standards to attract "black athletes."

Hornung, one of the school's most famous and outspoken alumnus, made his comments Tuesday night on AM 1270 in Detroit, saying the once perennial football power needs to lower its standards to remain competitive.

"As far as Notre Dame is concerned, we're going to have to ease it up a little bit," he said. "We can't stay as strict as we are as far as the academic structure is concerned because we've got to get the black athlete. We must get the black athlete if we're going to compete."

The university issued a statement Wednesday, disagreeing with Hornung's remarks.

"Paul Hornung is an illustrious alumnus of Notre Dame but in no way speaks for the university, and we strongly disagree with the thesis of his remarks," the statement read. "They are generally insensitive and specifically insulting to our past and current African-American student-athletes."

Hornung noted that the Fighting Irish face eight bowl teams next season.

"You can't play a schedule like this unless you have the black athlete today, you just can't do it," he said. "And it's still very tough getting in Notre Dame, and yet they want to win."

Notre Dame was 5-7 last season, its third losing record in five years. Ratings for Fighting Irish telecasts on NBC matched the lowest in the 13 years the school has been on the network.

Featuring a lackluster offense, Notre Dame was shut out twice and held to 14 points or fewer in three other games.

Ironically, the Fighting Irish are coached by Tyrone Willingham, one of a handful of African-American coaches in Division I-A. Hired in 2002, he won his first eight games but faced increased criticism from alumni like Hornung after losing 10 of the next 17 contests.

"Notre Dame has increased the diversity of its student body in recent years, including its percentage of African-American students," the statement continued. "Our records show that admissions requirements for athletes have remained constant over those years in which we have had both great success and occasional disappointments with our football teams."

Notre Dame has lost six straight bowl games and has not won a national championship since 1988.

Hornung remains the only Heisman Trophy winner to play for a losing team. He won the award as college football's top player after Notre Dame went 2-8 in 1956.

Goapics1
11-26-2008, 11:44 AM

Ty Willingham?

Demonpenz
11-26-2008, 11:53 AM
Screw it. I would rather ND just accept they are 6-6 or so every year and have high grades standards. catholics will still turn out anyway, because it's God's will.

Jenson71
11-26-2008, 11:59 AM
Screw it. I would rather ND just accept they are 6-6 or so every year and have high grades standards. catholics will still turn out anyway, because it's God's will.

When the Irish lose, a lot of those Catholics go over to the Grotto and ask Mary why She let them down. Then they go to the pub and wait for basketball.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-26-2008, 12:05 PM
Screw that fat prick fuck.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-26-2008, 12:05 PM
Wasn't Charlie Weis Josh McDaniels before Josh McDaniels? Only with Super Bowl rings.

Cautionary tale.

No, Josh McDaniels runs a different offense.

suds79
11-26-2008, 12:08 PM
While my thoughts on Weis is no, I'd like to applaud the effort to throw out a name out there that isn't another old KC retread.

:clap:

I long for the day when this team has a new GM & HC without some previous ties here.

Time for some new blood.

BucEyedPea
11-26-2008, 12:16 PM
Hope he goes back to NE.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-26-2008, 12:18 PM
Hope he goes back to NE.

As a New England fan, you are a fucking moron for believing this. Why would you want his dink and dunk offense in place of what they've had the last two years?

Deberg_1990
11-26-2008, 12:19 PM
He will go to Cleveland and mentor his love child Brady Quinn.

kstater
11-26-2008, 01:45 PM
HELL NO