PDA

View Full Version : Football Lawrence Tynes asks for presidential pardon

JASONSAUTO
11-26-2008, 12:03 PM
for his drug dealing brother. the brother was sentenced to 27 years. WTF? if it was anyone else it wouldnt even be considered so because tynes plays football it might be an option? WTF

eazyb81
11-26-2008, 12:04 PM
I've never understood why Presidential pardons are even allowed.

kchero
11-26-2008, 12:27 PM
Yea I always found the pardon system a bit odd. To Bush's credit he hasn't been as liberal with his pardons as other past presidents.

Sure-Oz
11-26-2008, 12:32 PM
Only Jack Bauer can ask for presidential pardons

Donger
11-26-2008, 12:34 PM
The bigger question is: Did he ask one for Kirstie, too?

Frazod
11-26-2008, 12:39 PM
Former Illinois Governor, Master Crook and Douchebag Death Row Pardoner George Ryan is also seeking a pardon. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he gets it, too. :shake:

Jenson71
11-26-2008, 12:44 PM
for his drug dealing brother. the brother was sentenced to 27 years. WTF? if it was anyone else it wouldnt even be considered so because tynes plays football it might be an option? WTF

I think the president receives a ton of requests for pardons, this just happens to be news because this involves a professional athlete.

Pardons can be good thing when it comes to rethinking civil disobedience against unjust laws that have little flexibility. It was also good to pardon Confederate soldiers and leaders in order to come together once again as a united nation following the Civil War.

However, they can and have been abused to protect those in high positions who seek to live above and beyond the rule of law.

Bugeater
11-26-2008, 01:08 PM
27 years for dealing drugs??? There has to be some other crimes mixed in there somewhere.

Jenson71
11-26-2008, 01:12 PM
27 years for dealing drugs??? There has to be some other crimes mixed in there somewhere.

I think it's drug trafficking and he has prior history.

Brock
11-26-2008, 01:13 PM
He refused to cooperate, genius that he is, and his four partners all pointed the finger at him.

Bugeater
11-26-2008, 01:15 PM
I think it's drug trafficking and he has prior history.

That seems excessive for any drug-related offense.

eazyb81
11-26-2008, 01:35 PM
That seems excessive for any drug-related offense.

They had a story about him on ESPN awhile back. I'm usually on the liberal side when it comes to drug offenses, but he made some stupid choices and I remember thinking he was a huge dumbass. I think they had evidence and he wouldn't plea even though everyone else in his crew did, so he received a stiff sentence.

Bwana
11-26-2008, 01:41 PM

This

DaneMcCloud
11-26-2008, 01:50 PM
For sucking with the Chiefs?

royr17
11-26-2008, 01:55 PM

No not necassarily true. There was a guy down here in the paper that got sentenced to 34 years in prison for producing Meth.

mikeyis4dcats.
11-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Kristie should have asked and showed her tits...

mikeyis4dcats.
11-26-2008, 02:05 PM
Yea I always found the pardon system a bit odd. To Bush's credit he hasn't been as liberal with his pardons as other past presidents.

don't pat him on the back too much. The best pardons usually come out in the last few days of a president's term. Plenty of time for Bush to dole out the candy.

Kerberos
11-26-2008, 02:39 PM
Lawrence Tynes asks for presidential pardon

The bigger question is: Did he ask one for Kirstie, too?

Why does Kirstie need one? Did she default on the proverbial rose garden? Does Lynn Anderson know about this?

OnTheWarpath58
11-26-2008, 03:09 PM

Our great government at work...

Even better?

Pleading guilty to a charge, to get a lesser sentence on another conviction - or have it dropped altogether.

Yes, Mike Vick - I'm talking to you...

What is the fascination with allowing criminals to serve even ONE LESS DAY than what they were sentenced?

Fuck parole, fuck pardons.

If you're sentenced for 10 years, your ass stays in prison for 10 years.

Prison's not nearly as serious a deterrent when a criminal knows they can have 2/3 (or more) of their sentence knocked off for "good behavior."

Donger
11-26-2008, 04:09 PM
Why does Kirstie need one? Did she default on the proverbial rose garden? Does Lynn Anderson know about this?

Puffy nipples.

RJ
11-26-2008, 04:39 PM
I read about the brother's case. The sentence could be considered excessive and is probably at least worthy of consideration. Not that I necessarily think he should receive a pardon, just that its consideration probably has nothing to do with Lawrence being a football player.

Fishpicker
11-26-2008, 05:12 PM
Tynes is just playing the odds. Of all the people that have received presidential pardons (Regan - W. Bush [so far]) the most common offense is cocaine trafficking