PDA

View Full Version : Royals Speculation about Zack Greinke being traded to the Braves

Sam Hall
11-26-2008, 05:21 PM
This is from another board. It sounds like Greinke isn't crazy about signing a long-term deal in KC. The four players the Royals would get seem legit. Escobar seems to be the key to the deal. He and Reyes are said to be immediate contributors. Schafer and Flowers aren't far behind.

Royals receive

OF Jordan Schafer or Gorkys Hernandez
SS Yunel Escobar
LHP Jo Jo Reyes or RHP Charlie Morton or LHP Jeff Locke
C Tyler Flowers

Braves receive: Zack Greinke

Deberg_1990
11-26-2008, 05:21 PM
This is from another board. It sounds like Greinke isn't crazy about signing a long-term deal in KC.

IM shocked?? Can u blame him?

Ari Chi3fs
11-26-2008, 05:26 PM
This would set the Royals back... but, I can see where Greinke wants to play on NL team. He loves to bat... so, AL isn't the ideal place for him.

Id be pissed though

Sam Hall
11-26-2008, 05:28 PM
When talking about resigning Greinke, Dayton Moore has said both sides have to want to get a deal done. Maybe Greinke wants to cash in on free agency.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-26-2008, 05:29 PM
That is a fucking haul. I can't imagine Greinke would fetch that much. That's more than Milwaukee gave up for Sabathia or New York for Santana.

Adept Havelock
11-26-2008, 05:34 PM
That is a ****ing haul. I can't imagine Greinke would fetch that much. That's more than Milwaukee gave up for Sabathia or New York for Santana.

If it's true, I would wave goodbye to Zach in a heartbeat.

Strikes me as too good to be true, though.

DeezNutz
11-26-2008, 06:12 PM
Anybody have any thoughts/observations about the proposed players we'd be getting in return? Something beyond what Google would yield?

For this deal to be decent, either the P or the C must be nails, and this is assuming the SS is a stud. Trading a young pitcher of Greinke's skill level is *almost* unimaginable. Throw enough money at the kid, and he'll sign.

DeezNutz are tired of not seeing KC keep its best talent.

EyePod
11-26-2008, 06:15 PM
Am I missing something? Is Greinke that good?

EyePod
11-26-2008, 06:18 PM
I'm a Braves fan btw. I really don't think Greinke looks good at all, and I really like Schafer and Escobar. I don't see us trading all of this for Greinke. Sorry.

Sam Hall
11-26-2008, 06:19 PM
Anybody have any thoughts/observations about the proposed players we'd be getting in return? Something beyond what Google would yield?

For this deal to be decent, either the P or the C must be nails, and this is assuming the SS is a stud. Trading a young pitcher of Greinke's skill level is *almost* unimaginable. Throw enough money at the kid, and he'll sign.

Schafer, Escobar and Flowers could all be nails. Escobar seems to have all-star potential and he's the key for the Royals. I don't really know about Reyes.

DeezNutz
11-26-2008, 06:19 PM

Yes.

Jayson Stark said (couple of weeks ago on 810) that Greinke would bring "the mother load."

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-26-2008, 06:20 PM

Dude, this deal is unimaginably good for KC.

Schaefer is the best prospect in their entire system, and Hernandez is right there with him. combine that with Yunel Escobar, and that alone is worth more than Greinke.

Jo-Jo Reyes has good stuff, and he's a lefty. He was one of the Braves best prospects as well.

I just can't imagine that this trade is for real. If so, you should bronze Moore's dick.

Morton is a AAAA guy in my opinion

DeezNutz
11-26-2008, 06:22 PM
Schafer, Escobar and Flowers could all be nails. Escobar seems to have all-star potential and he's the key for the Royals. I don't really know about Reyes.

Interesting. You don't trade a very high-quality pitcher for a high-quality OF. Not smart. Like giving up an All-Pro QB for an All-Pro guard. If however, we could get a very good SS and C, tough positions to fill, that would be outstanding.

Big gamble for Dayton...

DeezNutz
11-26-2008, 06:23 PM

Schaefer is the best prospect in their entire system, and Hernandez is right there with him. combine that with Yunel Escobar, and that alone is worth more than Greinke.

Jo-Jo Reyes has good stuff, and he's a lefty. He was one of the Braves best prospects as well.

I just can't imagine that this trade is for real. If so, you should bronze Moore's dick.

Well, this is a great perspective, no doubt. I was asking because I honestly have zero knowledge about the proposed return. Nada. Zip.

I do know that Greinke can and should develop into a regular All-Star...

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-26-2008, 06:24 PM
Jebus, I've never heard of Flowers, but he parked 17 balls in 400 ABs last year (and that's with a really low LD%). Looks like he draws a lot of walks, but Ks a fair amount too.

Did most of this as a C w/ about 1/3 as DH.

DeezNutz
11-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Jebus, I've never heard of Flowers, but he parked 17 balls in 400 ABs last year (and that's with a really low LD%). Looks like he draws a lot of walks, but Ks a fair amount too.

Did most of this as a C w/ about 1/3 as DH.

No need for Flowers. We have Buck.

Mecca
11-26-2008, 06:26 PM
No need for Flowers. We have Buck.

I hope you're kidding...

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-26-2008, 06:26 PM
Well, this is a great perspective, no doubt. I was asking because I honestly have zero knowledge about the proposed return. Nada. Zip.

I do know that Greinke can and should develop into a regular All-Star...

Well, you'd get a damned nice outfielder in either Schaefer or Hernandez, a 4th starter in Reyes, and a catcher who is a few years away, but has some pop (perhaps better suited to first).

Any guy who walks as much as he Ks is a pretty solid addition, IMO.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-26-2008, 06:28 PM
Interesting. You don't trade a very high-quality pitcher for a high-quality OF. Not smart. Like giving up an All-Pro QB for an All-Pro guard. If however, we could get a very good SS and C, tough positions to fill, that would be outstanding.

Big gamble for Dayton...

That is absolutely false.

You make this trade. Position players are always more valuable than pitchers. That's why the A's never won anything with Hudson, Mulder, and Zito in their prime of primes.

Pitchers aren't as valuable as everyday players for the same reason closers aren't as valuable as starters--they cannot affect the game as much. Everyday players have more chances to change the outcome of a game.

DeezNutz
11-26-2008, 06:29 PM
I hope you're kidding...

When Buck, Gload, and Teahen are involved in the conversation, I never kid.

Well, you'd get a damned nice outfielder in either Schaefer or Hernandez, a 4th starter in Reyes, and a catcher who is a few years away, but has some pop (perhaps better suited to first).

No tradey nice outfielder for one of the nicest young pitchers in baseball. Me no likey. As I mentioned earlier, trading a chip like Greinke must yield a top-notch player at a key position (anything in the middle of the diamond).

DeezNutz
11-26-2008, 06:30 PM
That is absolutely false.

You make this trade. Position players are always more valuable than pitchers. That's why the A's never won anything with Hudson, Mulder, and Zito in their prime of primes.

Pitchers aren't as valuable as everyday players for the same reason closers aren't as valuable as starters--they cannot affect the game as much. Everyday players have more chances to change the outcome of a game.

I disagree. Pitching is where it's at. See the '06-'07 Yanks.

DeezNutz
11-26-2008, 06:33 PM

To add, balance, of course, is the goal. But if I have to choose one aspect of the game to be my strength, it's pitching--keeps otherwise terrible teams in games.

Sam Hall
Texas is the only team that could match the Braves' offer, but they apparently don't want to give up as much.

'Hamas' Jenkins
When Buck, Gload, and Teahen are involved in the conversation, I never kid.

No tradey nice outfielder for one of the nicest young pitchers in baseball. Me no likey. As I mentioned earlier, trading a chip like Greinke must yield a top-notch player at a key position (anything in the middle of the diamond).

Escobar is a damned nice shortstop (middle of diamond).

Schaefer or Hernandez are one of the best prospects in baseball.

Plus you get a solid lefty arm with a lot of upside and a catcher who has shown he has a good eye and pop in his bat.

DeezNutz
11-26-2008, 06:35 PM

Don't like the sound of this. We have plenty of 4th starters and 1st basemen.

We don't have an Ace or power or a SS or a C or...

DeezNutz
11-26-2008, 06:37 PM
Escobar is a damned nice shortstop (middle of diamond).

Schaefer or Hernandez are one of the best prospects in baseball.

Plus you get a solid lefty arm with a lot of upside and a catcher who has shown he has a good eye and pop in his bat.

If this deal goes down, it will likely be the defining moment in Dayton's KC tenure. For lack of better examples: if this is the Santana deal, he'll be golden. If this is the Saberhagen deal, he'll be looking for work.

Mecca
11-26-2008, 06:39 PM
When did Zack Grienke somehow become something he isn't?

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-26-2008, 06:40 PM

Pitching is only paramount in the playoffs. In the regular season, solid everyday players are far more important to a team's success.

Think about it this way:

Albert Pujols has about 650 ABs a year, that's 650 chances to impact the game with his bat. Combine that with the fact that he had 1300 put outs on defense and over 130 assists.

Sabathia, in one of the most yeoman-like performances by a pitcher in years, faced about 1000 batters.

Greinke faced 850, but not only that, he did it once every five days.

If you want further evidence,

Pujols was worth 35 wins by himself last year.
Tim Lincecum, who was fucking DOMINANT, was worth 27 wins

(measured by win-shares).

Ari Chi3fs
11-26-2008, 06:42 PM

There was an article on DrivelineMechanics.com about him that really charted the path of him and CC Sabathia... showing Greinke to be ahead, especially when you consider how young he is.

They brought their site into SBNation.com and don't have the archived posts up.

Mecca
11-26-2008, 06:43 PM
He's also pitching in Kansas City..maybe it's just me but Grienke doesn't look like a guy who'd take pressure very well.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-26-2008, 06:44 PM
Don't like the sound of this. We have plenty of 4th starters and 1st basemen.

We don't have an Ace or power or a SS or a C or...

You would be getting a SS (Escobar), the Braves best prospect, a catcher with power, and a starting pitcher.

Keep in mind, this is more than was being offered by the Braves for Jake Peavy, which is why I doubt its veracity.

Mecca
11-26-2008, 06:46 PM
You would be getting a SS (Escobar), the Braves best prospect, a catcher with power, and a starting pitcher.

Keep in mind, this is more than was being offered by the Braves for Jake Peavy, which is why I doubt its veracity.

Watch they'll take some of the shittier Braves prospects it'll be like that trade for Kyle Davies.

DeezNutz
11-26-2008, 06:46 PM
Pitching is only paramount in the playoffs. In the regular season, solid everyday players are far more important to a team's success.

Think about it this way:

Albert Pujols has about 650 ABs a year, that's 650 chances to impact the game with his bat. Combine that with the fact that he had 1300 put outs on defense and over 130 assists.

Sabathia, in one of the most yeoman-like performances by a pitcher in years, faced about 1000 batters.

Greinke faced 850, but not only that, he did it once every five days.

If you want further evidence,

Pujols was worth 35 wins by himself last year.
Tim Lincecum, who was ****ing DOMINANT, was worth 27 wins

(measured by win-shares).

I know what you're saying. Pujols is a strange example. I wouldn't factor his defensive production into your argument b/c of the position that he plays and the fact that he would be easily replaceable in this capacity. His AB's on the other hand, are completely other-worldly. Plus, it's almost impossible to determine his greater impact on the game (being pitched around, making opponents piss themselves, etc.)

If we're getting Pujols, by all means, sign me up five times. If we're netting "nice" players for potential dominance, I'd say no.

That said, this is the type of risk that a team like the Royals must be willing to make.

DeezNutz
11-26-2008, 06:48 PM

Looks good on paper.

Part of me has to fight a knee-jerk reaction of, once again, watching the teams top home-grown talent walk. Just once, one fucking time, I'd like to see an important re-signing. Ideally when it isn't a fucking DH.

DeezNutz
11-26-2008, 06:49 PM
Watch they'll take some of the shittier Braves prospects it'll be like that trade for Kyle Davies.

A home-team discount? Beautiful.

Ari Chi3fs
11-26-2008, 06:50 PM

There was an article on DrivelineMechanics.com about him that really charted the path of him and CC Sabathia... showing Greinke to be ahead, especially when you consider how young he is.

They brought their site into SBNation.com and don't have the archived posts up.

Here is one without the pics

http://kyleboddy.com/2008/04/10/pitching-analysis-zack-greinke

KevB
11-26-2008, 07:10 PM
Hamas has this pegged....that's a HUGE haul for Grienke, which is what it would take at this point for Moore to move him IMO. I'm doubtful the Braves would deplete their system like this for one player at this point....seems to run contrary to their current strategy. Lots of talk around this same group of players in relation to the Peavy sweepstakes. I believe Flowers has been lighting it up in winter ball, making him that much more attractive.

HolmeZz
11-26-2008, 07:15 PM
Yunel, Gorkys, and an arm is a pretty good haul for Greinke.

Pitt Gorilla
11-26-2008, 07:18 PM
Unreal deal, if true.

BTW, the Davies deal was a good one as well. Getting any sort of prospect for an injured rental is good.

KChiefs1
11-26-2008, 07:39 PM
This is from another board. It sounds like Greinke isn't crazy about signing a long-term deal in KC. The four players the Royals would get seem legit. Escobar seems to be the key to the deal. He and Reyes are said to be immediate contributors. Schafer and Flowers aren't far behind.

Royals receive

SS Yunel Escobar
C Tyler Flowers

Atlanta won't do this deal.

MIAdragon
11-26-2008, 07:46 PM
NO WAY Zach brings back this bounty

Catcher Brian McCann
First Base Mark Teixeira
Second Base Kelly Johnson
Third Base Jon Gilmore
Shortstop Yunel Escobar
Left Field Jason Heyward
Center Field Jordan Schafer
Right Field Jeff Francouer
No. 1 Starter Tim Hudson
No. 2 Starter Jair Jurrjens
No. 3 Starter Cole Rohrbough
No. 4 Starter Jeff Locke
No. 5 Starter Jo-Jo Reyes
Closer Rafael Soriano

This is the projected 11 starting Braves line-up.

Hermcock
11-26-2008, 08:07 PM
NO WAY Zach brings back this bounty

Catcher Brian McCann
First Base Mark Teixeira
Second Base Kelly Johnson
Third Base Jon Gilmore
Shortstop Yunel Escobar
Left Field Jason Heyward
Center Field Jordan Schafer
Right Field Jeff Francouer
No. 1 Starter Tim Hudson
No. 2 Starter Jair Jurrjens
No. 3 Starter Cole Rohrbough
No. 4 Starter Jeff Locke
No. 5 Starter Jo-Jo Reyes
Closer Rafael Soriano

This is the projected 11 starting Braves line-up.

Schafer is not ready for the bigs. He missed a good chunk of the 2008 season because of a 50-game suspension for HGH and he just left the Navojoa Mayos of the Mexican Pacific League (Winter Ball) due to a finger injury.

Schafer has Grady Sizemore-type tools, but he's not a polished product.

eazyb81
11-26-2008, 08:11 PM
Is this actually new info? Greinke to Atlanta has been a rumor for the last few weeks, and that package you mention has also been the rumor.

eazyb81
11-26-2008, 08:13 PM
Anyways, this would be a good haul for Greinke if he's really not interested in signing a deal now. If we wait too long, we end up pulling a Cleveland and only getting one good prospect for our ace (Sabathai for LaPorta).

Still, I have a very hard time believing Atlanta would give up this much for two years of Greinke when they wouldn't do it for four years of Peavy. Doesn't make sense.

KChiefs1
11-26-2008, 08:18 PM
http://www.lighthittinginfielder.com/hotstove.html

The trade of Zack Greinke and the Royals 2012 revised line up:

Right now...the Royals have a problem. A problem that includes the best young pitcher that the Royals have developed since Kevin Appier. Zack Greinke is an amazing pitcher, and I believe he will be mentioned in the same breath as the game's elite in 2 or 3 years. He is young and has a non-violent delivery which would make you believe that he will have a long successful career in the game. But, and i think it is a big BUT he has issues that the rest of the league and the fans in Kansas City know about. (I believe he is a great guy and has grown past his problems) He has openly said he will entertain the opportunity to venture to greater chipotles when he is eligible for free agency. Does this scare you Royals fan? It is one think to say "how could we develop another young player only to lose him" But, it is unfortunately part of the game. A part of the game that you can use to your advantage if you can bring the right blend of players in return. Royal’s fans have not seen the right blend yet....but Dayton Moore is not Allard Baird.

http://www.lighthittinginfielder.com/images/static/grienke.JPG

A team that makes a lot of sense for the right arm of Greinke is the Atlanta Braves....and while you read about the players that could land in KC for Greinke i want you to ask yourself this....if the Royals do not trade Zack and you take a look at these 4 players in say 2010...will you say "man, i wish the Royals had these guys"

OF Gorkys Hernandez or Jordan Schafer (who do you like better- Schafer could use another season at AAA but is pretty close. Crisp allows the Royals to get Schafer his at bats in Omaha....Hernandez is close but not as close and would need a year at AA ball.....)

http://www.lighthittinginfielder.com/images/static/schafer.jpg
CF Jordan Schafer: 22 year old LH hitting OF from Winter Haven, Fla. He was suspended for HGH use at the beginning of the 2008 season and did struggle in 2008 but scouts will tell you his game is still very complete. He has a cannon for an arm and is plus in every category. He was the Braves #1 prospect in 2008 and the 25th best prospect in baseball. He would have the same problem the rest of the Royals have as he still needs to take more walks. Career .270 hitter with a .339 obp and 786 ops. I have told u before minor league numbers is not the true measuring stick...they are important but project-ability is what gets scouts geeked about a player, and scouts are certainly geeked about Jordan.

http://www.lighthittinginfielder.com/images/static/hernandez.jpg
CF Gorkys Hernandez 21 year old RH CF acquired by the Braves from the Tigers prior to 2008...was the Tigers 5th best prospect prior to 2008 and the games 92nd best prospect. He is a speedy CF with projectable pop. He is a .288 hitter with a 348 .obp and 751 ops.

)http://www.lighthittinginfielder.com/images/static/escobar.jpg
SS Yunel Escobar....the absolute key to the deal...without him you don't even entertain this deal. 2009 will be his 3rd big league season and already he has hit 303 with a .373 obp in 833 at bats. Great range at SS with solid command of the strike zone he is a potential all star and would allow "everyone favorite success story" Mike Aviles over to 2B. * Aviles can handle SS but Escobar-Aviles-Hosmer sounds really nice in 2011.

http://www.lighthittinginfielder.com/images/static/reyes.jpg
Jo Jo Reyes LH 24 years old...the major league numbers are not pretty...but lefties take time to develop. 5-13 with a 5.94 e.r.a. will make you go screaming to message boards about how awful this guy is...but, 378 strike outs and 145 walks in 384 minor league innings should give you hope. He is young and has pitched just over one full season in the bigs.

http://www.lighthittinginfielder.com/images/static/charlie%20morton.jpg
Charlie Morton RH 24 years old. Morton got a taste of big league life in 2008 going 4-8 with a 6.15 e.r.a. in 75 innings. However, look past his rookie campaign to these numbers 5-2 2.05 in 2008 at AAA with 72 k's in 79 ip. He was the taste of the town in the Arizona Fall League in 2007 and many believe he is a front line SP.

http://www.lighthittinginfielder.com/images/static/locke.jpg
Jeff Locke LH The Braves 2nd round pick in 2006 Has fantastic control and a live arm plus will be 21 in 2009. He would probably pitch at high A next season and be a part of one of the best crop of young pitching prospects in the game.

The Wild Card:
http://www.lighthittinginfielder.com/images/static/tflowers.jpg
C Tyler Flowers...big powerful catcher that can handle the defensive responsibilities that the "tools of ignorance" require. However, he has also played quite a bit of 1B...he would have to be a catcher to come here (the weakest position in the organization) 17 home runs last season at high A with close to 100 walks. He has everything that you would want in a hitting prospect (the fact he is a catcher is a bonus)

Here is the offer ( I did not create this so thanks to Bill Shanks from braves.com for the original idea...)
CF Schafer, SS Escobar, P Reyes, and C Flowers for Greinke
Braves fans might tell you that we are crazy for suggesting this...Royals fans might say we are crazy for suggesting this....I say...do it and have players here that will be part of the REAL "next generation" of Royals the team led by veteran Alex Gordon and young stars Moustakas, Hosmer and the perennial all star Yunel Escobar...along with the best young rotation in baseball (does this sound like a team that won the AL championship in 2008)
so you did not like the 2012 future line up by Baseball America???....try this one on.
C Tyler Flowers
1B Eric Hosmer
2B Johnny Giavatella
SS Yunel Escobar
3B Mike Aviles (I know how much you love you some Aviles, so he can start at 3B on this team)
LF Alex Gordon
CF Jordan Schafer
RF Mike Moustakas
DH Kia K'aaihuie (Billy has been traded...judgment call)
bench: C Jose Bonilla 1b/3b/lf Jason Taylor, 2b/SS Jeff Bianchi, OF Derrick Robinson
P Dan Cortes
P Jo Jo Reyes
P Danny Duffy
P Mike Montgomery
P Daniel Gutierrez (this is pretty damn good)
* Melville is almost ready...other pitching prospects are around or have been traded to further upgrade the ML roster or depth in the minors...a good problem to have)
Bullpen
closer: Soria
set up: Rosa
set up: Blake Wood
set up: Tyler Sample
set up: Chris Hayes
LH : Ben Swaggerty
LH : Ray Liotta

eazyb81
11-26-2008, 08:22 PM
Ah, so basically it's pure speculation.

KChiefs1
11-26-2008, 08:24 PM

exactly

Sure-Oz
11-26-2008, 10:51 PM

Agreed, i would do this deal only if Grienke doesn't want to be part of this team. I just don't see him wanting to stay beyond this year...i'd hope we could get this kind of haul, it may set us back for NEXT year but set us up bigtime for the future. I'd hate to lose Zack, but if we have no choice we have to take the best offer, id love for this to be it.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-26-2008, 11:00 PM

Yes. Put him on a team that gave him run support last year.... Cy Young candidate.

Demonpenz
11-27-2008, 12:24 AM
Grienke has 2 A pitches and one solid b and is able to change speeds and field his position well. That head scares me a bit, but he is still really young (same age as hochaver)

beavis
11-27-2008, 07:52 AM

That website belongs to the guy that does the post game show for the Royals. He posts over at the scout board a lot. He's fairly well connected. I don't think he's suggesting that Greinke would fetch all of those players in a trade. If the Braves are dumb enough to do it, you pull the trigger before they come to their senses.

wazu
11-27-2008, 07:58 AM
This is what makes following the Royals so tiresome. We spend years suffering through developing these players and then let them go once they turn into stars.

What do we get in return? A bunch of "prospects" that we will do the exact same thing with. All with some vague hope that one day all the prospects will suddently "hit" at the exact same time and we might have a winning record for one year before losing them all and falling back into the baseball abyss.

The Chiefs seem to have adopted the same approach. Who is our most talented young player? Why that would be Jared Allen, arguably the league's best pass-rusher. What should we do with him? Why, trade him! We will get Jamaal Charles, Jajuan Morgan, and Brandon Albert! Now THAT'S how you build a Championship team, baby!

WilliamTheIrish
11-27-2008, 08:23 AM
This is what makes following the Royals so tiresome. We spend years suffering through developing these players and then let them go once they turn into stars....

For those players, I'd trade ZG in nanosecond.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-27-2008, 08:56 AM
This is what makes following the Royals so tiresome. We spend years suffering through developing these players and then let them go once they turn into stars.

What do we get in return? A bunch of "prospects" that we will do the exact same thing with. All with some vague hope that one day all the prospects will suddently "hit" at the exact same time and we might have a winning record for one year before losing them all and falling back into the baseball abyss.

The Chiefs seem to have adopted the same approach. Who is our most talented young player? Why that would be Jared Allen, arguably the league's best pass-rusher. What should we do with him? Why, trade him! We will get Jamaal Charles, Jajuan Morgan, and Brandon Albert! Now THAT'S how you build a Championship team, baby!

Jesus, you're a moron.

Sam Hall
11-27-2008, 09:05 AM
It's fun to speculate and it seems like very few Royals are safe from the rumors. I have two problems with this:

1. The Braves' system might be loaded, but they need those guys to help the big league team.

2. Why does it always have to be Atlanta in connection with Dayton Moore deals?

eazyb81
11-27-2008, 10:11 AM
That website belongs to the guy that does the post game show for the Royals. He posts over at the scout board a lot. He's fairly well connected. I don't think he's suggesting that Greinke would fetch all of those players in a trade. If the Braves are dumb enough to do it, you pull the trigger before they come to their senses.

Yeah, I know it's tanana over on the scout board and he is on 610, but has he ever provided a scoop on a trade before? Sure, the guy has more inside info than a regular fan, but it still seems like he's just speculating and I don't remember him breaking any Royals news before.

Wreckloose
11-27-2008, 10:38 AM

I think Heyward and Hanson are their top prospects. Those are the guys that were considered untouchable in Peavy talks.

Jayhawkerman2001
11-27-2008, 10:31 PM

uh yah, he's good my friend. Top 5 in strikeouts, great era, and is always going to get you at least 7 innings. Apparently you havent seen him pitch other than what they show on espn

Jayhawkerman2001
11-27-2008, 10:35 PM

remember what we gave up for him? octavio dotel... yah, how is that a bad trade?

beavis
11-27-2008, 10:36 PM
remember what we gave up for him? octavio dotel... yah, how is that a bad trade?

Because people think we should be able to trade TPJ for ARod.

eazyb81
11-28-2008, 03:09 PM

Not just Dotel......two months of Octavio Dotel. In return we received six years of Kyle Davies. Anyone mocking that deal knows absolutely nothing about baseball.

Denver Dave
05-04-2009, 07:21 PM
That is a ****ing haul. I can't imagine Greinke would fetch that much. That's more than Milwaukee gave up for Sabathia or New York for Santana.

Bullshit. That would be a fucking ripoff. No Tommy Hanson.

Denver Dave
05-04-2009, 07:22 PM

Shit for brains.

Denver Dave

No.

Denver Dave
I'm a Braves fan btw. I really don't think Greinke looks good at all, and I really like Schafer and Escobar. I don't see us trading all of this for Greinke. Sorry.

Your loss ROFL

Denver Dave
05-04-2009, 07:23 PM

Fuck em all.

Denver Dave
05-04-2009, 07:23 PM

That's why you don't draft on draft day for the Chiefs and you aren't general manager of the Royals.

Denver Dave
05-04-2009, 07:24 PM

:LOL:

Delano
05-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Good Christ, Denver Dave. Learn the multi-quote feature. DCS will gladly provide poorly-illustrated tutorial's.

Denver Dave
05-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Yunel, Gorkys, and an arm is a pretty good haul for Greinke.

Stick to the Mets, shithead.

ChiefaRoo
05-04-2009, 07:31 PM

Royals receive

SS Yunel Escobar
C Tyler Flowers

This would be the dumbest thing since the Saints gave away their draft for Ricky Williams. It would be a clear sign the Royals aren't interested in winning anything and would be a death nail for MLB in KC.

WilliamTheIrish
05-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Hmmm. Color me a wheeler dealer. I had him shipped off.

Thig Lyfe
05-04-2009, 07:35 PM

SHAME.

lol

Valiant
05-04-2009, 07:36 PM
LOL, quite a few people were wrong in this thread it seems.. Let Dave have fun with it..

DeezNutz
05-04-2009, 07:39 PM

Brilliant.

Jenson71
05-04-2009, 07:44 PM
I say we do it. We're not going to find this amount of talent in a trade offer again. I like him, but . . . ship him.

Delano
05-04-2009, 07:57 PM
LOL, quite a few people were wrong in this thread it seems.. Let Dave have fun with it..

Fuck that,

He didn't make any contributions to the discussion without his current hindsight, unless he is Hermcock.

I'd say there is a good chance he is Hermcock, who is an alternate screenname for a troll. Maybe MarlboroChief. One of the recurring trolls knows baseball, I just can't remember which one it is.

KCChiefsMan
05-04-2009, 07:58 PM
if they do that, I will promise you that I will never attend another Royals game as long as I live and never even follow the royals ever.

ChiefaRoo
05-04-2009, 07:59 PM
if they do that, I will promise you that I will never attend another Royals game as long as I live and never even follow the royals ever.

yep.

Bacon Cheeseburger
05-04-2009, 08:01 PM
**** that,

He didn't make any contributions to the discussion without his current hindsight, unless he is Hermcock.

I'd say there is a good chance he is Hermcock, who is an alternate screenname for a troll. Maybe MarlboroChief. One of the recurring trolls knows baseball, I just can't remember which one it is.
That would be Marlboro Chief, you may have just outed him.

Delano
05-04-2009, 08:10 PM
That would be Marlboro Chief, you may have just outed him.

Gotta be him. How does a two month old n00b know HolmeZz is a Mets fan?

He's also posted a couple of racist comments and several comments on pr0n. He fits the mold.

Mods?

Sam Hall
05-04-2009, 08:44 PM

Since this was discussed in November and Greinke has since signed a contract extension, I'd say there's nothing to worry about.

beavis
05-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Since this was discussed in November and Greinke has since signed a contract extension, I'd say there's nothing to worry about.

I'm pretty sure the Braves could offer their entire roster for him right now and we wouldn't take it.

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-04-2009, 08:47 PM
Yes. Put him on a team that gave him run support last year.... Cy Young candidate.

At least one person in this thread knew what they were talking about. I'm the motha-fuckin anti-Mecca/Hamas...

:D

CaliforniaChief
05-04-2009, 08:48 PM
I'm pissed this was even revived and I had to see the words Zack Greinke and "traded" in the same sentence. Not happening, peeps.

wazu
05-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Jesus, you're a moron.

ROFL

RJ
05-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Reyes and Morton are Triple A quality pitchers.

Escobar is a league average SS.

Schafer might be pretty good someday. Not great.

Flowers is a highly rated prospect at catcher.....rated about as high as John Buck once was.

If true, it's not as great a haul for the Royals as it appears at a glance.

I

RJ
05-04-2009, 09:17 PM
So I just looked it up and Greinke is signed thru 2012.

Why would the Royals want/need to trade him?

alanm
05-04-2009, 09:18 PM

Why would the Royals want/need to trade him?Speculation last November. :)

Lex Luthor
05-04-2009, 09:18 PM

They don't. This thread is from last November.

Nightfyre
05-04-2009, 09:19 PM
methinks this topic needs a date in the thread title.

SPATCH

OP date.. 2008 broseph

KcMizzou

Why would the Royals want/need to trade him?Psst...

old thread

Lex Luthor
05-04-2009, 09:20 PM
I heard Mecca is hoping the Royals trade Greinke for Mark Sanchez.

ChiefaRoo
05-04-2009, 09:28 PM
I heard Mecca is hoping the Royals trade Greinke for Mark Sanchez.

Lex to Mecca
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2ds0GwydLkk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2ds0GwydLkk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

RJ
05-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Psst...

old thread

:doh!:

LMAO

What can I say? I'm a sucker for baseball talk.

Crush
05-04-2009, 09:38 PM
How is Denver Dave still in green, considering that this is a textbook definition of nuthooks?

Bacon Cheeseburger
05-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Gotta be him. How does a two month old n00b know HolmeZz is a Mets fan?

He's also posted a couple of racist comments and several comments on pr0n. He fits the mold.

Mods?
Got links to those?

How is Denver Dave still in green, considering that this is a textbook definition of nuthooks?
Happy now?

Pitt Gorilla
05-04-2009, 09:55 PM
Who is the tard that posted this rumor on Royals Corner as if it were new?

SPATCH
05-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Who is the tard that posted this rumor on Royals Corner as if it were new?

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

no way... what a fucking n00b ROFL

RJ
05-04-2009, 09:57 PM
Wow.

In this thread I learn Greinke is getting traded. In another I learn Psicosis is a girl and she changed her name to Ultra Peanut.

Weird night.

Crush
05-04-2009, 09:57 PM
Happy now?

Yes. :evil:

Simply Red
05-04-2009, 10:20 PM
if you get JS, hi Royals sudden threat.

Simply Red
05-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Well, the Royals are already good.

KChiefs1
05-04-2009, 10:52 PM

I think he found himself after signing that long-term deal with the Royals!:thumb:

thurman merman
05-04-2009, 10:56 PM

ROFL

Farzin
05-04-2009, 11:11 PM
Atlanta already took Tony Gonzalez from us. We don't need to give that city another stud.

doomy3
05-04-2009, 11:24 PM
There is much comedy in this thread. DeezNutz pretty much owned it, with several other acting like they know everything and speaking in absolutes, while being absolutely wrong. Nothing new to see here.

DeezNutz
05-04-2009, 11:28 PM
DeezNutz pretty much owned it...Nothing new to see here.

Sig worthy?

Sure-Oz
05-04-2009, 11:31 PM
I love how sportscenter is just slobbin all over grienke, great exposure