PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving memories

Ultra Peanut
11-27-2008, 12:50 AM
One year, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade was on TV. My mom was cooking turkey or something, and I was playing the shit out of Wolfenstein 3D. GUTEN TAG.

A year or two later, I got in trouble at a family Thanksgiving get together and was sitting in my cousin's room. He had a black light, so I turned it on, looked at my hand, and imagined what it was like to be a black person.

A few years ago, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade was on TV. I scooped some cat litter.

OKAY YOUR TURN GOOO

Thig Lyfe
11-27-2008, 12:52 AM
My uncle slapped my butt after a game of flag football...

...AND I LIKED IT

TrickyNicky
11-27-2008, 12:54 AM
Well, one year we got beat by the Cowboys, and the next year we beat the Lions. Good times, good times.

Baconeater
11-27-2008, 12:56 AM
I was at a shopping mall one time and some radio station bombed it with live turkeys.

blueballs
11-27-2008, 01:04 AM
The NFL Blackout had to be lifted so people in Detriot
could see the Lions play on Thanksgiving -this year

blaise
11-27-2008, 06:09 AM
I went to the Macy's day parade. My uncle sold tags and labels to Macys and so he had passes to sit in the stands in front of Macys. Technically though, our seats were on the side of Macys. It was funny, as soon as the balloons pass in front of the grandstand in front of Macys they start deflating them and they deflate pretty fast. By the time they were in front of us they were these half deflated cartoon characters.
I didn't really give a crap. It was freezing cold and I think parades pretty much suck.

On a more positive note: who can forget Leon Lett touching the live ball after they blocked Miami's field goal and giving Miami another field goal attempt, which they made and won the game. That was awesome

WilliamTheIrish
11-27-2008, 06:21 AM
Thanksgiving day 1970. Watching the game between the Lions and the Raiders. Keep in mind that in those days the NFC Central (as it was called) had no domes, so these games were played in cold weather, sometimes with lots of snow on the ground.

As our entire family is enjoying turkey trimmings and there's the usual banter going in our house. Thanksgiving day meant everybody was home from the Army, Navy etc and we had cousins and friends over. So the house usually had 50-75 people in it at some point during the day.

Anyway during the game, a pass is completed and I guess NFL films had an open mic on the sideline. There was a late hit by somebody on somebody else and suddenly you hear a voice scream out: "Try that again you c*ck sucker"! through the TV.

The silence was deafening.

The laughter that followed was much, much louder.

Bill Parcells
11-27-2008, 06:22 AM
Thanksgiving day 1970. Watching the game between the Lions and the Raiders. Keep in mind that in those days the NFC Central (as it was called) had no domes, so these games were played in cold weather, sometimes with lots of snow on the ground.

As our entire family is enjoying turkey trimmings and there's the usual banter going in our house. Thanksgiving day meant everybody was home from the Army, Navy etc and we had cousins and friends over. So the house usually had 50-75 people in it at some point during the day.

Anyway during the game, a pass is completed and I guess NFL films had an open mic on the sideline. There was a late hit by somebody on somebody else and suddenly you hear a voice scream out: "Try that again you c*ck sucker"! through the TV.

Damn, you really are old. at least we got to experience the last Marty meltdown together, here on CP. :D

Bill Parcells
11-27-2008, 06:25 AM
My memories are always of waking up late and sneaking out of the house to go have some beers and shots and watch Football at the local watering hole with my friends. in fact, I'll be having my first Bloody Mary in about 2 hours. I have to go out and get celery and horse radish.

Skip Towne
11-27-2008, 06:56 AM

I thought there was always 50-75 people in your house.

Ultra Peanut
11-27-2008, 06:59 AM
Well, one year we got beat by the Cowboys, and the next year we beat the Lions. Good times, good times.My favorite game against the Cowboys was the Christmas game. I called one of my friends afterwards and laughed at him in retaliation for calling whenever the Bulls beat the Pacers or the Braves swept the Cubs out of the playoffs. I felt very satisfied with myself that Christmas.

WilliamTheIrish
11-27-2008, 07:17 AM
I thought there was always 50-75 people in your house.

On a regular day you'd find a minimum of 14. Twelve kids. Two parents. Holidays were always more crowded.

chasedude
11-27-2008, 07:30 AM
I was at a shopping mall one time and some radio station bombed it with live turkeys.

HaHA WKRP Rep!!

I miss that show and that episode was the funniest Thanksgiving on TV i've ever seen LMAO. Les Nessman "I thought Turkey's could Fly" LMAO!!!!

cardken
11-27-2008, 09:52 AM
HaHA WKRP Rep!!

I miss that show and that episode was the funniest Thanksgiving on TV i've ever seen LMAO. Les Nessman "I thought Turkey's could Fly" LMAO!!!!

I've got the entire series on DVD always watch that episode on Thanksgiving.ROFL

Baconeater
11-27-2008, 10:01 AM
HaHA WKRP Rep!!

This thread is worthless without the clip.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iafzqOCaxA4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iafzqOCaxA4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ari Chi3fs
11-27-2008, 10:03 AM
I remember about 5 minutes ago, when watching the Macy's day parade with the kids... and Rick Astley pops out of a float and rick rolled america. It was awesome.

chiefs1111
11-27-2008, 10:10 AM
I remember about 5 minutes ago, when watching the Macy's day parade with the kids... and Rick Astley pops out of a float and rick rolled america. It was awesome.

I found it to be horrifying

KC Jones
11-27-2008, 12:46 PM
When I was 13 my mother died the week before thanksgiving and we went to some crappy buffet place for our thanksgiving dinner. I guess that's the one that always stands out.

Thig Lyfe
11-27-2008, 01:27 PM
When I was 13 my mother died the week before thanksgiving and we went to some crappy buffet place for our thanksgiving dinner. I guess that's the one that always stands out.

Wow. That's awful.

Dr. Facebook Fever
11-27-2008, 01:31 PM
I was working over last Thanksgiving weekend so I didn't go home to see the fam. I had ramen surprise on Thanksgiving day. That was special.

Ok... on a less pathetic note I did go to a friends house in the evening and had some real leftovers and a couple beers.

kstater
11-27-2008, 02:16 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JAPLip-FMyE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JAPLip-FMyE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-27-2008, 02:26 PM
When I was six, my uncle brought over his South African girlfriend. When she told me where she was from, I said "how can you be from Africa? You're white."

:eek:

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-27-2008, 02:28 PM
Holy Shit, America actually was RickRoll'd

LMAO LMAO

DenverDanChiefsFan
11-27-2008, 02:48 PM
I remember one year the fucking dog we had just adopted jumped up on the counter when no one was in the kitchen and started eating the turkey.

Mac and cheese sure was good that Thanksgiving.

Ultra Peanut
11-27-2008, 02:55 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JAPLip-FMyE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JAPLip-FMyE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>Jesus Christ, memes got stayin' power.

Otter
11-27-2008, 03:16 PM
Eating a girlfriends house two years ago her sisters dog managed to get into the kitchen unnoticed. She (the dog, not GF) got up on one of the chairs and started eating the turkey before dinner was served.

She was a good sized golden retriever and got through of about 1/4 of it before it was discovered the turkey was being eaten by the pooch.

Let me tell you, if you ever want to see a pissed off Mom go ahead and ruin a Thanksgiving Diner that she's been working on all week.

googlegoogle
11-27-2008, 03:24 PM
Dried oven roasted turkey. so many good memories. The people that plan a perfect thanksgiving are always the ones on edge and need medication. If something goes wrong then the 'yelling' starts.

Thanksgiving kinda sucks if you ask me.

Gracie Dean
11-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Last year, we rented the Memorial Hall in our small home town, had family from Florida, colorado, Nevada, Iowa, Texas, Indiana, and from all over Kansas

All the family from my Mom's side, her living brothers and sisters and all their children and all the spouses and grand children. We fixed 5 birds and 4 black forrest hams.

WE were all there from 10AM until about 9pm cleaned up and then all converged in the lobby of the hotel everyone was staying at until 1 AM.

It was nice to see cousins we hadn't seen for 15 + years. We all felt so much closer and it was awesome as one of the sisters passed away within 3 months of that dinner.

That was probably the BEST Thanksgiving we have ever spent.

Great food, great family and great conversations.

blueballs
11-27-2008, 04:24 PM
Eating a girlfriends house two years ago her sisters dog managed to get into the kitchen unnoticed. She (the dog, not GF) got up on one of the chairs and started eating the turkey before dinner was served.

She was a good sized golden retriever and got through of about 1/4 of it before it was discovered the turkey was being eaten by the pooch.

Let me tell you, if you ever want to see a pissed off Mom go ahead and ruin a Thanksgiving Diner that she's been working on all week.

You'll must have been starved

RandilKC
11-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Five days in Kansas City, a Raiders game, a Broncos game, over 300 yards rushing from Larry Johnson and two wins. Pretty ****ing awesome.

kcfanintitanhell
11-27-2008, 04:52 PM
I have the flu. Worst. Thanksgiving. Ever