PDA

View Full Version : Misc Blackjack leagues

Bowser
11-28-2008, 10:06 AM
Anyone here belong to a blackjack league, or have info about them? I've heard them mentioned from time to time, but never have seen or heard much about it. I figured blackjack is a fun pasttime, why not join a league, as long as I don't lose too much.

xbarretx
11-28-2008, 01:17 PM
Anyone here belong to a blackjack league, or have info about them? I've heard them mentioned from time to time, but never have seen or heard much about it. I figured blackjack is a fun pasttime, why not join a league, as long as I don't lose too much.

you mean like get a bunch of peeps over to your / someones house to play it?

if thats the case id LOVE to find people to play Spades with.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-28-2008, 01:18 PM
you mean like get a bunch of peeps over to your / someones house to play it?

if thats the case id LOVE to find people to play Spades with.

Racist.

xbarretx
11-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Racist.

LMAO, good call but im going to challenge that one.

seriosuly though, i imagine that your either joking or never played spades before?

http://www.newsday.com/media/photo/2005-09/19655201.jpg

Mr. Flopnuts
11-28-2008, 02:30 PM
LMAO, good call but im going to challenge that one.

seriosuly though, i imagine that your either joking or never played spades before?

http://www.newsday.com/media/photo/2005-09/19655201.jpg

LMAO Totally joking. Spades is a great game. Nice play with that pic by the way.

Bowser
11-28-2008, 02:40 PM
YOU PEOPLE ARE WORTHLESS!!

I went down to Ameristar a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't lose at the blackjack tables. At one point it was me and one other guy sitting there. The dealer had a 6 showing, I had a 12, and guy had an 11. He already had his chips out to double down, and about shit when I doubled down on my 12 and pulled a 9. He got over it when he pulled a Jack. The dealer flipped, showing her 4, then pulled a 6 and a 7. I are genious. :D

Mr. Flopnuts
11-28-2008, 02:42 PM
YOU PEOPLE ARE WORTHLESS!!

I went down to Ameristar a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't lose at the blackjack tables. At one point it was me and one other guy sitting there. The dealer had a 6 showing, I had a 12, and guy had an 11. He already had his chips out to double down, and about shit when I doubled down on my 12 and pulled a 9. He got over it when he pulled a Jack. The dealer flipped, showing her 4, then pulled a 6 and a 7. I are genious. :D

You got lucky. It was the wrong play. Sometimes you gotta trust your gut. It always feels better when you're right though, eh?

Bowser
11-28-2008, 02:45 PM
You got lucky. It was the wrong play. Sometimes you gotta trust your gut. It always feels better when you're right though, eh?

Lucky, indeed. I tend to make people grumble since I don't always play "by the book". I'd be willing to say that it pays off more often than not, although I have had those "WTF was I THINKING" moments. I had one of those later that night when I got TOO cocky and started betting way more than I should have, heh.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-28-2008, 05:34 PM
Lucky, indeed. I tend to make people grumble since I don't always play "by the book". I'd be willing to say that it pays off more often than not, although I have had those "WTF was I THINKING" moments. I had one of those later that night when I got TOO cocky and started betting way more than I should have, heh.

You have to up the bets on your runs. You also have to get ungreedy when it's falling apart. It's a lot of up's and down's but blackjack is a beautiful game because if you play your cards right (pun intended) when your luck is bad you'll lose very little. But when your luck is good you can come up huge. The trick is always knowing when to ease off the throttle. I took UB for $1000 one night in about 3 hours. I went in with $20 betting $2 hands to start. Lucky day.

Bowser
11-28-2008, 05:38 PM
You have to up the bets on your runs. You also have to get ungreedy when it's falling apart. It's a lot of up's and down's but blackjack is a beautiful game because if you play your cards right (pun intended) when your luck is bad you'll lose very little. But when your luck is good you can come up huge. The trick is always knowing when to ease off the throttle. I took UB for $1000 one night in about 3 hours. I went in with $20 betting $2 hands to start. Lucky day.

That was me that night. I went in with two bills, lost that, got another hundy, and was up LARGE. Should have walked away then, but that's when I got cocky and started making these 50-80 dollar bets. Valuable lesson learned, heh.

"UB"?

Mr. Flopnuts
11-28-2008, 05:40 PM
That was me that night. I went in with two bills, lost that, got another hundy, and was up LARGE. Should have walked away then, but that's when I got cocky and started making these 50-80 dollar bets. Valuable lesson learned, heh.

"UB"?

Ultimatebet.com If you've never played there and sign up, let me know. If you let me refer you, we both get money out of it.

Bowser
11-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Ultimatebet.com If you've never played there and sign up, let me know. If you let me refer you, we both get money out of it.

I'll check it out, and if I do, I'll defeinitely let you know.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-28-2008, 05:44 PM
I'll check it out, and if I do, I'll defeinitely let you know.

Good site for blackjack and poker. Especially considering there are only a handful of sites that allow American players to gamble online. They have bj tourneys and all sorts of shit. Guaranteed money, it's definitely my favorite online poker site. Also, I had that $1000 in hand within 72 hours of requesting it. That's fucking amazing.

Bowser
11-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Good site for blackjack and poker. Especially considering there are only a handful of sites that allow American players to gamble online. They have bj tourneys and all sorts of shit. Guaranteed money, it's definitely my favorite online poker site. Also, I had that $1000 in hand within 72 hours of requesting it. That's fucking amazing.

Nice! I'm so new at online gambling stuff, you couldn't even call me a n00b yet. I think I'll go cruise around that site to check it out......

(I'd rep you, but I'm a rep slut and have given too much out lately :D ).