PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs #1 overall pick vs beating the Raiders

jAZ
11-28-2008, 05:37 PM
Last game of the season... we win, we get #2. We lose, we get #1. We're playing the Raiders. What do you want us to do?

kstater
11-28-2008, 05:38 PM
Who are the prospects?

blueballs
11-28-2008, 05:39 PM
Lions have the #1 almost signed
try again

jAZ
11-28-2008, 05:39 PM
Who are the prospects?

The best college players in the 2008 College Football season (who have entered the draft).

Sam Hall
11-28-2008, 05:40 PM
A win against Oakland is always sweet regardless of the draft implications.

kstater
11-28-2008, 05:40 PM
The best college players in the 2008 College Football season (who have entered the draft).

So you're saying this years expected draft?

Bowser
11-28-2008, 05:41 PM
This season is shot, give me the pick.

Besides, if we have only one choice for a victory the rest of the way, give me against Denver so we can go 2-14 and still sweep the Broncos. :D

blueballs
11-28-2008, 05:41 PM
Chiefs will have #3 at best

kstater
11-28-2008, 05:45 PM
If we're going with this years expected draft, I'd choose losing and gauranteeing the 1 pick. Not saying Stafford will be can't miss prospect, but he's worth the risk. Losing 1 game to the Raiders and missing out on a chance at a Franchise QB isn't worth 1 victory against the Raiders. Even with the loss, the Chiefs' all time record would still be 50-45-2.

blueballs
11-28-2008, 05:46 PM
Chase Coffman at #5 FTW

RNR
11-28-2008, 05:47 PM
If we're going with this years expected draft, I'd choose losing and gauranteeing the 1 pick. Not saying Stafford will be can't miss prospect, but he's worth the risk. Losing 1 game to the Raiders and missing out on a chance at a Franchise QB isn't worth 1 victory against the Raiders. Even with the loss, the Chiefs' all time record would still be 50-45-2.

And 4 playoff wins total going back the the NFL/AFL merger :rolleyes:

kstater
11-28-2008, 05:48 PM
RNR, it wasn't meant as a shot at the Raiders.

KCChiefsMan
11-28-2008, 05:51 PM
I don't even know if having the #1 pick is a great thing or not. Lots of busts

tmax63
11-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Beating the Raiders is worth it, hell they'd even save a few dollars in signing a #2 vs. a #1 to spend on someone else.

Skip Towne
11-28-2008, 06:01 PM
If Herm doesn't care about beating the Raiders why should I?

luv
11-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Beating the Raiders is worth it, hell they'd even save a few dollars in signing a #2 vs. a #1 to spend on someone else.

Beating the Raiders for, basically, this reason.

Carl wouldn't pay what the #1 pick's agent thinks he's worth, so they'd be in a stalemate up until opening game anyway.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-28-2008, 06:11 PM
So fucking gross that the #1 pick is winning against beating our arch fucking rivals.

BigMeatballDave
11-28-2008, 06:15 PM

Besides, if we have only one choice for a victory the rest of the way, give me against Denver so we can go 2-14 and still sweep the Broncos. :DThis

BigMeatballDave
11-28-2008, 06:16 PM
Chiefs will have #3 at bestNot if they lose out.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-28-2008, 06:16 PM
I hope we go a minimum of 4-12. With all 4 wins coming in the AFC west.

Mecca
11-28-2008, 06:17 PM

Stop rooting for us to get worse players!

Mr. Laz
11-28-2008, 06:18 PM

:spock:

Mr. Flopnuts
11-28-2008, 06:19 PM
I will never root for this team to lose. EVER!!!!

Mecca
11-28-2008, 06:21 PM
I will never root for this team to lose. EVER!!!!

If it means getting the #1 pick when we suck and have no shot at winning anything...I will...

BigMeatballDave
11-28-2008, 06:22 PM
I will never root for this team to lose. EVER!!!!I don't either. I just don't feel bad about it when they do...

Mr. Flopnuts
11-28-2008, 06:23 PM
I don't either. I just don't feel bad about it when they do...

Exactly. I couldn't have put that any better. I don't stress on Sundays anymore, but I'm still rooting for a win.

Sam Hall
11-28-2008, 06:23 PM
The team needs defense more than Stafford. The 2010 QB class could be sweet.

the Talking Can
11-28-2008, 06:24 PM
lose

JuicesFlowing
11-28-2008, 06:41 PM

Besides, if we have only one choice for a victory the rest of the way, give me against Denver so we can go 2-14 and still sweep the Broncos. :D

I'll take that. But regardless, I will always want KC to beat Oakland, no matter what.

JuicesFlowing
11-28-2008, 06:42 PM
The team needs defense more than Stafford. The 2010 QB class could be sweet.

With a good defense and an error-free Thigpen, this could work for a year.

Sam Hall
11-28-2008, 06:52 PM
I think the Buffalo game should make this obvious. The Chiefs need a beast at defensive end to replace Jared Allen. They don't need the top pick.

xbarretx
11-28-2008, 07:03 PM

QFT

KcMizzou
11-28-2008, 07:11 PM
I'll take that. But regardless, I will always want KC to beat Oakland, no matter what.Same here, my brain says go for the pick. Come kickoff, my heart always wants a win.

Kyle DeLexus
11-28-2008, 09:04 PM
I agree with everyone that says always go for the win, but if we don't I'm not worried

CrazyPhuD
11-28-2008, 09:23 PM
Sorry I don't think there is a player in college football worth the pick and salary at 1-5. If we had a rookie cap then sure things might be different but without I'd rather have the 7-10 pick. Unless we believe we could trade down from 1-5.

boogblaster
11-28-2008, 09:29 PM
Beat the Faiders plus sweeping the Donks would still give us a 4 pick ... I think ...

blueballs
11-28-2008, 09:31 PM
Sorry I don't think there is a player in college football worth the pick and salary at 1-5. If we had a rookie cap then sure things might be different but without I'd rather have the 7-10 pick. Unless we believe we could trade down from 1-5.

yes
the Chiefs getting raped with last #1 overall pick in the draft
before a rookie cap is in place is what to wish for/drooling fools

Count Zarth
11-28-2008, 09:32 PM
Any loss that contributes to the dismissal of Herm Edwards is a good loss.

I maintain there is no way Clark will keep Herm here if we're 1-15 or 2-14. Good head coaches simply do not lose 24 of 25 games, no matter the circumstances. There is no realistic way you can convince me otherwise.

blueballs
11-28-2008, 09:33 PM
Carl couldn't handle Gunther at 8-8
I bet Carl is texting Cowher 24-7

chiefsngop
11-28-2008, 10:46 PM
This is what's great about being just a FAN.

I have absolutely no control over the outcome, so I can cheer like crazy for my team to win, just like I always have.

The chips are going to fall where they were intended to, despite my wishes or logical conclusions.

The Chiefs will either win or lose and wind up with the exact same draft pick no matter what I say, do, or think.

So I'll take the fun route and cheer for them to knock the sh*t outta the Raiders just like I always have.

KcMizzou
11-28-2008, 10:49 PM
This is what's great about being just a FAN.

I have absolutely no control over the outcome, so I can cheer like crazy for my team to win, just like I always have.

The chips are going to fall where they were intended to, despite my wishes or logical conclusions.

The Chiefs will either win or lose and wind up with the exact same draft pick no matter what I say, do, or think.

So I'll take the fun route and cheer for them to knock the sh*t outta the Raiders just like I always have.Not a damned thing wrong with that. :toast:

I just can't bring myself to actively root against my favorite team.

Sam Hall
11-28-2008, 11:03 PM
The Chiefs won't need the top pick if the underclassmen QBs get nervous about that proposed rookie salary cap in a couple years. I want a defensive player, but one of the QBs could be there outside the No. 1 pick.

milkman
11-29-2008, 07:58 AM
Not a damned thing wrong with that. :toast:

I just can't bring myself to actively root against my favorite team.

On Game day, this is how I feel.
I can not bring myself to root against the Chiefs.

But away from game, as I sit here more than 24 hours away from game time, I find myself hoping that the Raiders hand the Chiefs' asses to Herman ****ing Edwards.

I find myself hoping that this team loses each of the remaining games by 20 or more points.

This team finishing 1-15, and getting blown out in the final 4 games of the year would almost certainly ensure a house cleaning.

The higher draft position would just be a bonus.

DaFace
11-29-2008, 08:03 AM
While the #1 pick is tempting, I don't think there will ever be ANY game that I can actively root against the Chiefs. It's just not in me.

kstater
11-29-2008, 08:39 AM

Considering the Chiefs aren't exactly in Cap trouble, unless your name is Clark Hunt, this post makes no sense.

Guru
11-29-2008, 08:45 AM
I'll be fine with it either way.

KC Tattoo
11-29-2008, 08:50 AM
This is a very difficault question. I hate Carl Peterson as much as I hate the Raiders. I'll root for Carl Peterson to drop dead & we beat the Raiders on the same day!

Bane
11-29-2008, 08:55 AM
Might as well beat Oakland,I mean seriously,do any of you believe that the Chiefs given their draft record have any business drafting #1 over all? It would be a wasted pick and prob the worst pick ever in Chiefs draft history.Their already starting to second guess drafting a franchise QB,because of Thigpen's sudden flash of glory.Im fine with drafting 2-3 and beating Oakland.

HermanHater
11-29-2008, 09:07 AM
I'm with Claythan and Milkman. Any route they take that assures a dismissal of Herm and hopefully King Carl is the route I am hoping the Chiefs go. Just no more Herm, please no more Herm.

talastan
11-29-2008, 09:08 AM
This is a very difficault question. I hate Carl Peterson as much as I hate the Raiders. I'll root for Carl Peterson to drop dead & we beat the Raiders on the same day!

QFT :clap:

I can't root against my team, especially playing against the ****ing Faiders.:cuss:

chiefsngop
11-29-2008, 09:38 AM
Any loss that contributes to the dismissal of Herm Edwards is a good loss.

I maintain there is no way Clark will keep Herm here if we're 1-15 or 2-14. Good head coaches simply do not lose 24 of 25 games, no matter the circumstances. There is no realistic way you can convince me otherwise.

Any evidence for this statement ? Or just personal opinion ?

Everything I've read and heard suggests Herm is back in '09, coasting in on the rebuild excuse.

KC Tattoo
11-29-2008, 09:40 AM
WOOT I got Icon stadis WOOT!!

StcChief
11-29-2008, 09:41 AM
Lions have the #1 almost signed
try againLions don't win a game, even if they do the score differentials etc. Gave them the number one. So we are 2 or 3. depending on Cincy with their TIE.

the Talking Can
11-29-2008, 09:47 AM
On Game day, this is how I feel.
I can not bring myself to root against the Chiefs.

But away from game, as I sit here more than 24 hours away from game time, I find myself hoping that the Raiders hand the Chiefs' asses to Herman ****ing Edwards.

I find myself hoping that this team loses each of the remaining games by 20 or more points.

This team finishing 1-15, and getting blown out in the final 4 games of the year would almost certainly ensure a house cleaning.

The higher draft position would just be a bonus.

preach it

theultimatekcchiefsfan
11-29-2008, 11:11 AM
So ****ing gross that the #1 pick is winning against beating our arch ****ing rivals.

Cmon the Raiders have been so bad for so long that most of the animosity towards that team is gone. They are just a pathetic, sad franchise. I really could care less whether we beat them or not. I would much rather beat Denver.

Rausch
11-29-2008, 11:16 AM

Nope...

milkman
11-29-2008, 11:20 AM
Nope...

If we assume you are right, then Clark Hunt is a lying sack of shit.

Rausch
11-29-2008, 11:25 AM
If we assume you are right, then Clark Hunt is a lying sack of shit.

He made it clear he was all-in for the rebuild.

The rebuild excuse is good for at least 2-3 years...

milkman
11-29-2008, 11:28 AM
He made it clear he was all-in for the rebuild.

The rebuild excuse is good for at least 2-3 years...

He also made it clear that he expected to see improvement by the end of the season.

Losing to the Raiders, and getting blown out in the final 4 games would not even remotely resemble improvement.

Rausch
11-29-2008, 11:39 AM
He also made it clear that he expected to see improvement by the end of the season.

Losing to the Raiders, and getting blown out in the final 4 games would not even remotely resemble improvement.

Oh no.

Thigpen, the offense as a whole, there will be plenty of loopholes to grab hold of...

dj56dt58
11-29-2008, 11:48 AM

Why does everyone still want Stafford? Qb isn't our problem anymore, it's a pass rush. Give me Orakpo or Brown anyday. Both will be available past the # pick assuming Brown comes out..that said, kick the shit out of Oakland and Denver...San Diego too

kstater
11-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Why does everyone still want Stafford? Qb isn't our problem anymore, it's a pass rush. Give me Orakpo or Brown anyday. Both will be available past the # pick assuming Brown comes out..that said, kick the shit out of Oakland and Denver...San Diego too

So you're saying this Franchise doesn't need a potential Franchise QB? Just roll the dice with Thigpen? Well fuck, it's worked so well for the last 20+ years why not keep doing the same thing.

jidar
11-29-2008, 12:11 PM
I always want to win.

milkman
11-29-2008, 12:16 PM
Oh no.

Thigpen, the offense as a whole, there will be plenty of loopholes to grab hold of...

Loopholes?

You mean excuses for an apathetic owner.

If Clark Hunt maintains the status quo after the senario I laid out, then he is every bit as fucking useless as the rest of the bastards.

RedThat
11-29-2008, 01:23 PM
Loopholes?

You mean excuses for an apathetic owner.

If Clark Hunt maintains the status quo after the senario I laid out, then he is every bit as ****ing useless as the rest of the bastards.

Hate to say it, but I believe he is.

I believe Clark was the one who extended Petersons contract? He was the one who also commented that his team was heading in the right direction after giving up 300 yards rushing twice. And also those 6 sacks we have looks good too.

As a fan, just from what I see in his actions and words gives me enough indication to believe he is useless.

Ultra Peanut
11-29-2008, 01:26 PM
JUST LOSE, BITCHES

SCTrojan
11-29-2008, 01:28 PM
I will never root for the Chiefs to lose.

DenverDanChiefsFan
11-29-2008, 02:14 PM
I will never root for this team to lose. EVER!!!!this

Reerun_KC
11-29-2008, 02:43 PM
If Herm doesn't care about beating the Raiders why should I?

This...........

BigRichard
11-29-2008, 04:58 PM
Even if the Chiefs get the first pick I bet they would trade down if Carl Peterson is still GM. They won't even pay a proven defensive guy, like Allen, the money he wants. So what makes you think they would take a QB with the first pick and pay him ungodly amounts of money?

blueballs
11-29-2008, 05:53 PM
you can seal the loss right now
by starting the official game thread
before midnight

StcChief
11-29-2008, 10:32 PM
Even if the Chiefs get the first pick I bet they would trade down if Carl Peterson is still GM. They won't even pay a proven defensive guy, like Allen, the money he wants. So what makes you think they would take a QB with the first pick and pay him ungodly amounts of money?agreed. We would trade down for picks and go with Thiggy, get a vet FA to replace Huard as competition/backup. Maybe draft a late round project.

jAZ
11-29-2008, 10:46 PM
Wow. Tied.

blueballs
11-29-2008, 10:56 PM
mod intervention
most likely

chiefqueen
11-30-2008, 05:46 AM
Beat the Faiders. _etroit would probably need to win twice to give the #1 overall plus we end with Cincy. The number 1 overall pick ain't happening.

JuicesFlowing
11-30-2008, 06:01 AM
So you're saying this Franchise doesn't need a potential Franchise QB? Just roll the dice with Thigpen? Well ****, it's worked so well for the last 20+ years why not keep doing the same thing.

I'm more concerened about what style of offense we're running in the future. Is Thigpen a stop-gap? Are we running the spread just to suit Thiggy and get through the season? Herm isn't a spread offense guy. Something's gotta give.

the Talking Can
11-30-2008, 06:12 AM
the force is strong with true fans

CupidStunt
11-30-2008, 07:02 AM
I will never root for the Chiefs to lose.

I have never actively sat there and thought, "Go opposing team!" But in recent times I've often found myself hoping for a loss before the game begins.

In this example, a win means nothing. If anything, it doubles Germ's win total on the year and gives C[H]unt "another" reason to keep him.

KC Tattoo
11-30-2008, 07:22 AM
Hem Edwards isn't going to win the game with his coaching. However I would like to see the young tallented players we got gain some confidence and start developing WINNING attitudes. I hate loseing I hate the fact that we havn't won a Super Bowl even more so sacrifising a loss to gain draft pick spot makes sence. But at some point it makes sence to win games to gain the confidence the young players need, & beating the Raiders would show some emprovement.

Besides it makes me puke to see happy Raider fans:Lin:

RNR
11-30-2008, 07:45 AM
Hem Edwards isn't going to win the game with his coaching. However I would like to see the young tallented players we got gain some confidence and start developing WINNING attitudes. I hate loseing I hate the fact that we havn't won a Super Bowl even more so sacrifising a loss to gain draft pick spot makes sence. But at some point it makes sence to win games to gain the confidence the young players need, & beating the Raiders would show some emprovement.

Uh...yes they have

KC Tattoo
11-30-2008, 07:55 AM
Uh...yes they have

I know we have won the Super Bowl but it wasn't in my life time. I missed it by 5 years.

Reerun_KC
11-30-2008, 08:16 AM

That will come with a new coaching staff, one that believes in themselves and are willing to allow their players to take risks for the better of the TEAM... Herm is a me first guy, which we hear about everytime he opens his pie hole...