11-28-2008, 07:07 PM
LMAO

Mr. Laz
11-28-2008, 07:10 PM
so far ....... sloppy as hell

morningstar passed up an open layup to try and pass the ball :banghead:

Silock
11-28-2008, 07:10 PM
This is already painful to watch. Tennessee is going to destroy us.

Silock
11-28-2008, 07:11 PM
so far ....... sloppy as hell

morningstar passed up an open layup to try and pass the ball :banghead:

Morningstar sucks. He has a good first instinct, but then it's like he doesn't know what to do after he makes that first move and gets stuck or turns it over.

Mr. Laz
11-28-2008, 07:11 PM
This is already painful to watch. Tennessee is going to destroy us.
i dunno .... i think this team probably will play up or down to it's competition.

young teams tend to do that

Mr. Laz
11-28-2008, 07:14 PM
Morningstar sucks. He has a good first instinct, but then it's like he doesn't know what to do after he makes that first move and gets stuck or turns it over.
dude .... it's too early to say anyone sucks.

don't go all como on us :shake:

as he plays more he might turn into our point guard

i don't think Collins has the mentality for point. Collins too often decides what he's gonna do BEFORE the possession actually unfolds.

KC_Connection
11-28-2008, 07:18 PM
No, he's right. Morningstar does actually suck. I'm not even sure why he gets minutes.

Does anybody here have the online feed?

KC_Connection
11-28-2008, 07:19 PM
i dunno .... i think this team probably will play up or down to it's competition.

I agree with this. KU will play tough teams competitively I think, but will have a problem executing at the end of games.

CoMoChief
dude .... it's too early to say anyone sucks.

don't go all como on us :shake:

as he plays more he might turn into our point guard

i don't think Collins has the mentality for point. Collins too often decides what he's gonna do BEFORE the possession actually unfolds.

Morningstar clearly has the least amount of talent than any other of the KU guards. Why Releford doesn't play over him I'm not sure.

As far as Collins, I just don't think he's accustomed to being the leader of this team at this point.

CoMoChief
I agree with this. KU will play tough teams competitively I think, but will have a problem executing at the end of games.

FT's and bad coaching cost us the last game.

Mr. Laz
11-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Morningstar clearly has the least amount of talent than any other of the KU guards. Why Releford doesn't play over him I'm not sure.

just die tiger lover

Tactical Funky
11-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Wow, a bunch of whining already. Just enjoy the young team and realize that they're gonna have ups and downs this season while improving along the way. They're a good team with a high ceiling.

...and it's 24-4 KU. Gawd they suck. And so does Morningstar with three 3's.

KC_Connection
11-28-2008, 07:22 PM
FT's and bad coaching cost us the last game.

I think Flynn getting into Collins' head was the biggest factor in their initial comeback.

KC_Connection
Wow, a bunch of whining already. Just enjoy the young team and realize that they're gonna have ups and downs this season while improving along the way. They're already a good team.

I'm not whining, I think this is a very talented team...with the exception of Morningstar.

Hermcock
Fans of schools that have mediocre football teams are forced to watch an inferior sport this time of year. I love it!

Mr. Laz
11-28-2008, 07:23 PM
morningstar with the assist
morningstar with the steal
morningstar with the 3
morningstar with the 3

don't make me go all Sasha Kaun on your ass again

KC_Connection
11-28-2008, 07:23 PM
morningstar with the 3
morningstar with the 3

Who are we playing?

Tactical Funky
11-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Morningstar is the new Moody. I think that Releford will take his minutes eventually (Travis is in Self's doghouse ala RussRub in '06), but the kid isn't as bad as many like to think.

Mr. Laz
11-28-2008, 07:25 PM
morningstar 4-4 from behind the arc

Mr. Laz
11-28-2008, 07:25 PM
morningstar currently leading the team with assists for the year

teedubya
11-28-2008, 07:26 PM
what channel is this on?

Tactical Funky
11-28-2008, 07:26 PM
Fans of schools that have mediocre football teams are forced to watch an inferior sport this time of year. I love it!
:rolleyes:

You state your opinion as if it's fact. Nice try.

Mr. Laz
11-28-2008, 07:27 PM
what channel is this on?

KC38 the spot

Mr. Laz
11-28-2008, 07:33 PM
morningstar reminds me a bit of Jerod Haase

CoMoChief
11-28-2008, 07:37 PM
I'm not whining, I think this is a very talented team...with the exception of Morningstar.
I agree. This team is going to be a very athletic team.

Skip Towne
morningstar 4-4 from behind the arc

Man, that sucks.

CoMoChief
morningstar reminds me a bit of Jerod Haase

Don't you dare put those 2 names in the same sentence.

Haase was much better.

CoMoChief
11-28-2008, 07:39 PM
Matt Lawrence allegedly can shoot 3s here and there, doesn't mean he's any good though.

Morningstar isn't good enough to start.........PERIOD.

Once Little is back 100 percent, his ass is should ride the pine.

Skip Towne
11-28-2008, 07:39 PM
Don't you dare put those 2 names in the same sentence.

Haase was much better.

Shut up turncoat!!

Tactical Funky
11-28-2008, 07:41 PM
I can't wait until Little comes back. He should open up the whole offense with his mid-range jumpers and even 3-point shooting.

Silock
11-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Wow, a bunch of whining already. Just enjoy the young team and realize that they're gonna have ups and downs this season while improving along the way. They're a good team with a high ceiling.

Morningstar looks like he's playing a lot harder than he was last game. He's definitely having a much better game. Of course, the competition isn't nearly as good, either.

CoMoChief
11-28-2008, 07:42 PM
morningstar with the 3
morningstar with the 3

don't make me go all Sasha Kaun on your ass again

Kaun wasn't anything special. He had a few good games toward the end of his career when it really counted (see Davidson game).

Aldrich now, is better than Kaun at any point of time while he was at KU

KC_Connection
11-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Shut up turncoat!!

He's right, though. It's only a matter of time until Morningstar is on the bench.

KC_Connection
11-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Kaun wasn't anything special. He had a few good games toward the end of his career.

Aldrich now, is better than Kaun at any point of time while he was at KU

Kaun had way more value to his team than Morningstar does to this one.

CoMoChief
11-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Of course, the competition isn't nearly as good, either.

Bingo

CoMoChief
11-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Kaun had way more value to his team than Morningstar does to this one.

I wasnt comparing eachothers values to the team, sorry if it came across that way

People on here thought that Kaun was good. I STRONGLY disagreed, he has size, but should have been much more of a force inside than what he was.

His rebounding wasn't anything to look at and say wow, he couldnt shoot, he missed more 2 ft shots than anyone in the history of basketball. And he played just ok defense.

During the NCAA tournament though he played above his level. and I applauded it.

Mr. Laz
11-28-2008, 07:50 PM
tehen can't buy a 3 this year

KC_Connection
11-28-2008, 07:51 PM
So does anybody have an online feed for this one?

CoMoChief
11-28-2008, 08:02 PM
So does anybody have an online feed for this one?

I couldnt find one, but i also have the privilege of watching on tv at home.

Tactical Funky
11-28-2008, 08:05 PM
BTW, Self said that Little may be back in about two to three weeks pending the results of his follow-up X-ray.

Skip Towne
11-28-2008, 08:07 PM
We need to find some 3 shooters somewhere.

Mr. Laz
11-28-2008, 08:13 PM
they just don't quite have it together yet

Tactical Funky
11-28-2008, 08:16 PM
they just don't quite have it together yet
Which is normal and to be expected, especially since Self is still ironing out the rotations. So far they're looking better than the '05-'06 squad did early on.

Mr. Plow
11-28-2008, 08:19 PM
WOW!11! MORNINGSTAR RIPPING IT UP AGAINST COPPIN STATE~!1!1!!!

Seriously, he has no business being on the floor against an average team. Mop up time, maybe.

ArrowheadHawk
11-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Which is normal and to be expected, especially since Self is still ironing out the rotations. So far they're looking better than the '05-'06 squad did early on.

I can live with that. As long as there is no Bradley at the end of the season.

CoMoChief
11-28-2008, 08:20 PM

Yeah but that team was more talented.

This team may be a little more athletic. We'll see.

A couple Blue Chipper recruits next season and this team becomes an immediate NC contender.

Mr. Plow
11-28-2008, 08:29 PM
Ok. I missed the first half. Did Coppin State just go on a HUGE run or am I missing something?

What was the score at half?

Skip Towne
11-28-2008, 08:31 PM
What's the score?

Mr. Plow
11-28-2008, 08:32 PM
59-42 KU.

Mr. Plow
11-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Nice play.

ArrowheadHawk
11-28-2008, 08:33 PM
They need to extend this thing again and put this team away.

ArrowheadHawk
11-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Damn it. Taylor got hurt.

ArrowheadHawk
11-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Releford is nasty in transition.

KC_Connection
11-28-2008, 08:58 PM
Damn it. Taylor got hurt.

Details...

Silock
11-28-2008, 09:03 PM
Details...

There aren't any yet, AFAIK.

Tactical Funky
11-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Details...
He came down awkwardly on an ankle after attempting to jump block a three-pointer.

He walked away under his own power on the way to the locker room, so he probably just rolled his ankle and it's likely not serious.

Mr. Laz
11-28-2008, 09:05 PM
WOW!11! MORNINGSTAR RIPPING IT UP AGAINST COPPIN STATE~!1!1!!!

it's like Karma looks over and says "you could put CoMo,Silock and Connections brains in a bag and it still wouldn't weigh 3lbs"

Braincase
11-28-2008, 09:09 PM
Just got back from the game. Didn't see what happened to Taylor's ankle, but apparently he rolled it.

Morningstar had his career game tonight, Unlike some on the board, I think Morningstar has quite a bit of value. He'll never play NBA, but he plays with more energy and brains (cumulative) than any other player on the team. He's all over the place on defensive, and has made more impressive plays coming from behind on breaks than any other player on the team. The kid has wheels, brains and he probably cares more about this program than any other player on the team. He's the guy on this team that will end up coaching.

I've been a season ticket holder since 2001, and I've learned alot about KU basketball in the process. I've been a fan as long as I can remember, but you really can't compare Sasha to Morningstar. They're apples and oranges.

Skip Towne
11-28-2008, 09:12 PM
Just got back from the game. Didn't see what happened to Taylor's ankle, but apparently he rolled it.

Morningstar had his career game tonight, Unlike some on the board, I think Morningstar has quite a bit of value. He'll never play NBA, but he plays with more energy and brains (cumulative) than any other player on the team. He's all over the place on defensive, and has made more impressive plays coming from behind on breaks than any other player on the team. The kid has wheels, brains and he probably cares more about this program than any other player on the team. He's the guy on this team that will end up coaching.

I've been a season ticket holder since 2001, and I've learned alot about KU basketball in the process. I've been a fan as long as I can remember, but you really can't compare Sasha to Morningstar. They're apples and oranges.

Co-Modumbass is the only one who rags on Kaun. I think he started doing it and now can't weasel out of it.

Silock
11-28-2008, 09:14 PM
it's like Karma looks over and says "you could put CoMo,Silock and Connections brains in a bag and it still wouldn't weigh 3lbs"

If he does it against REAL competition, I'll gladly eat crow. Up until tonight, Morningstar has been nothing but mediocre. He has one good night and you're down on your knees already. It was ONE GAME. If he does it on a consistent basis, there'll be no one happier than I. Until then, you can take your karma and shove it up your ass.

KCChiefsMan
11-28-2008, 09:15 PM
Brady Morningstar was hot! it would be nice if he were consistent

Tactical Funky
11-28-2008, 09:15 PM
I love how people rag on guys like Morningstar when they should be rooting for his success. He's a Jayhawk just like the other players and he more than earned his minutes tonight. He plays with an intensity that many of our younger, more athletic players could do well to take note of.

Silock
11-28-2008, 09:18 PM
I love how people rag on guys like Morningstar when they should be rooting for his success. He's a Jayhawk just like the other players and he more than earned his minutes tonight. He plays with an intensity that many of our younger, more athletic players could do well to take note of.

I'm rooting for his success, but not at the expense of the team. If he is the best for the team, then so be it. But up until tonight, he had 5, 4, 3, and 6 points in his first four games. Tonight he had 21. Which one is the real Morningstar?

Mr. Laz
11-28-2008, 09:19 PM
If he does it against REAL competition, I'll gladly eat crow. Up until tonight, Morningstar has been nothing but mediocre. He has one good night and you're down on your knees already. It was ONE GAME. If he does it on a consistent basis, there'll be no one happier than I. Until then, you can take your karma and shove it up your ass.
dude .... he is just now starting to get some real playing time

im not ready to anoint Morningstar about anything.

just sayin' that it's too early to say "he sucks"

Skip Towne
11-28-2008, 09:20 PM

That and he is a 2nd generation KU player. His dad, Roger, was a stud for KU and still lives in Lawrence.

Silock
11-28-2008, 09:20 PM
dude .... he is just now starting to get some real playing time

im not ready to anoint Morningstar about anything.

just sayin' that it's too early to say "he sucks"

Fair enough. I sincerely hope his play continues at this level against real competition.

KC_Connection
11-28-2008, 09:23 PM

I don't know how anybody who actually watches this team on a consistent basis could actually think that guy is good. He was totally out of his element agaisnt a better team in Syracuse, he sucks. Play him against an average team, and he won't do anything.

KC_Connection
11-28-2008, 09:24 PM
Unlike some on the board, I think Morningstar has quite a bit of value. He'll never play NBA
As if that was any sort of a question, LOL.

KC_Connection
11-28-2008, 09:26 PM

If Brady Morningstar gets minutes agaisnt a better team, he will hurt this team. He's not good enough.

Skip Towne
11-28-2008, 09:27 PM
I hope he keeps getting minutes. He's depth if nothing else.

Silock
11-28-2008, 09:28 PM
If Brady Morningstar gets minutes agaisnt a better team, he will hurt this team. He's not good enough.

I hope we're wrong, but I fear we're right.

No one can knock his hustle on tonight's performance, though. I still think it was an aberration.

Mr. Laz
11-28-2008, 09:33 PM
I hope he keeps getting minutes. He's depth if nothing else.

hey .... even if we just find out that Morningstar can get our starters a big break during games against lesser teams it will help our season.

Self can give a starter a whole game to get over an injury against Podunk University because Morningstar can handle it or something.

who knows he might even develop into a solid rotation guy.

KC_Connection
11-28-2008, 09:34 PM
Talent is what wins games, and there's more of it on the bench.

Braincase
11-28-2008, 09:35 PM

Talent doesn't mean shit if you don't have the brains to implement the coach's system.

Mr. Laz
11-28-2008, 09:36 PM
gah .... the more you talk, the more you sound like GheyMoChief.

:shake:

shortsighted nonsense ..... a complete inability to see the big picture.

KC_Connection
11-28-2008, 09:36 PM
Talent doesn't mean shit if you don't have the brains to implement the coach's system.

Morningstar's "brains" didn't help him agaisnt Syracuse.

KC_Connection
11-28-2008, 09:37 PM
gah .... the more you talk, the more you sound like GheyMoChief.

:shake:

shortsighted nonsense ..... a complete inability to see the big picture.

Wrong, I'm all about the big picture.

Mr. Laz
11-28-2008, 09:39 PM
Wrong, I'm all about the big picture.
then you're just stupid

every team needs role players and blue collar guys

you fill a team with a bunch of all-stars and you generally end up with a freakin' train wreck

KC_Connection
11-28-2008, 09:40 PM
Good, he can be a role player on the bench.

the Talking Can
11-28-2008, 09:42 PM

neither did collins, who cost us the game...so what's your point?

Silock
11-28-2008, 09:45 PM

Collins cost us the game because he played all 40 minutes without a rest. And because Self didn't tell them to foul and send them to the line when we were up by 3, instead of letting them run up the floor and tie it up. And then there was the fact that Aldrich was out guarding the guard 1v1. That game was a huge clusterfuck at the end.

Braincase
11-28-2008, 09:47 PM

Go back and watch that game from when we were up 13 to overtime. Count the mistakes and tell me who made each mistake. I think you'll see the Morningstar made some, but there were others that tallied more.

Mr. Laz
11-28-2008, 09:47 PM
That game was a huge clusterfuck at the end.
which is a Self trademark btw

he really isn't a good "game manager" ... never has been.

but he won a championship, so we forgive him.

KC_Connection
11-28-2008, 09:48 PM

My point about Morningstar is that you can be an incredibly smart player, but it doesn't matter at all if you don't have the tools.

As for Collins, well yeah he should have probably stopped trying to one-on-one vs. Flynn. Hopefully he'll remember that.

Silock
11-28-2008, 09:48 PM
Yeah. I'll take the 'ship anyway :)

KC_Connection
11-28-2008, 09:49 PM

The only thing I blame him for is not fouling Flynn before he took that shot. The rest of it was completely on the players.

Mr. Laz
11-28-2008, 09:50 PM
My point about Morningstar is that you can be an incredibly smart player, but it doesn't matter at all if you don't have the tools.

As for Collins, well yeah he should have probably stopped trying to one-on-one vs. Flynn. Hopefully he'll remember that.
yea ... and collin should stop eating donuts and stop deciding what he's gonna do before the ball is even inbounded and a bunch of other stupid shit.

why do you think he was a backup last year?

so far as i can tell, Collins has a Billion dollar body and a 10 cent head.

Mr. Laz
11-28-2008, 09:51 PM
The only thing I blame him for is not fouling Flynn before he took that shot. The rest of it was completely on the players.

then you need to pay attention more

KC_Connection
11-28-2008, 09:52 PM
yea ... and collin should stop eating donuts and stop deciding what he's gonna do before the ball is even inbounded and a bunch of other stupid shit.

why do you think he was a backup last year?

so far as i can tell, Collins has a Billion dollar body and a 10 cent head.

We'll see, you may be right about him. I'd still rather have Collins on the floor than Morningstar, though.

Skip Towne
Self said he is an incredibly hard worker.

the Talking Can
Collins cost us the game because he played all 40 minutes without a rest. And because Self didn't tell them to foul and send them to the line when we were up by 3, instead of letting them run up the floor and tie it up. And then there was the fact that Aldrich was out guarding the guard 1v1. That game was a huge cluster**** at the end.

collins cost us the game with his turnovers, and when he decided to play 1-on-1 and throw up airballs....

and you don't foul with that much time left...self said so after the game, and he was right

KC_Connection
11-28-2008, 09:53 PM
then you need to pay attention more

Well if you think he's such a terrible coach, then tell me what he did wrong. Let us all in on your immense knowledge of the game.

the Talking Can
11-28-2008, 09:55 PM

that's absurd

self is actually a great game coach....

there are countless examples of his substitutions and defensive switches winning us games...far more than any complaints you could make...not even close

Roy is a terrible game coach

KC_Connection
11-28-2008, 09:56 PM
that's absurd

there are countless examples of his substitutions and defensive switches winning us games...far more than any complaints you could make...not even close

I also think Self is a great in-game coach, too.

Mr. Laz
11-28-2008, 09:56 PM
We'll see, you may be right about him. I'd still rather have Collins on the floor than Morningstar, though.

of course, we would all take Collins over Morningstar ..... but a team still needs "Morningstar" type guys.

Skip Towne
11-28-2008, 10:03 PM
that's absurd

Roy is a terrible game coach

Roy would let the other team keep a run going and not call time out. That's how we got up 40-12 on them.

Mr. Laz
11-28-2008, 10:04 PM
that's absurd

we've gone over this many times in the past and we aren't gonna agree anytime soon.

lets just put it this way ... as far as i can tell Bill self has exactly 3 plays in his immense coaching arsenal.

1. the backdoor pick for an ally-oop that he breaks out to start the 2nd half ... sometimes to start the game.

2. the high-low pass which is basically his entire offensive scheme.

3. the guard criss-cross-drive-kick-out for a 3-pointer which is his one and only last minute shot play.

he's been know to take timeouts after HIS player MAKES a critical free throw .... basically 'icing' his own shooter.

he pulls his own players DURING a hot streak

he still tells his guys to hold the ball on a final shot to the 10 second mark even though our offense is too slow to develop for 10 seconds to be enough time to get a good shot off.

gah ... during the final minute of a game he might as well just go to the locker room. Cuz he ain't doing much to help.

there's more but i don't have the energy

but he won a championship so we forgive him :)

ArrowheadHawk
11-28-2008, 10:04 PM
of course, we would all take Collins over Morningstar ..... but a team still needs "Morningstar" type guys.
Until little takes his spot.

the Talking Can
11-28-2008, 10:06 PM
we've gone over this many times in the past and we aren't gonna agree anytime soon.

lets just put it this way ... as far as i can tell Bill self has exactly 3 plays in his immense coaching arsenal.

1. the backdoor pick for an ally-oop that he breaks out to start the 2nd half ... sometimes to start the game.

2. the high-low pass which is basically his entire offensive scheme.

3. the guard criss-cross-drive-kick-out for a 3-pointer which is his one and only last minute shot play.

he's been know to take timeouts after HIS player MAKES a critical free throw .... basically 'icing' his own shooter.

he pulls his own players DURING a hot streak

gah ... during the final minute of a game he might as well just go to the locker room. Cuz he ain't doing much to help.

there's more but i don't have the energy

but he won a championship so we forgive him :)

you haven't paid any attention at all...you don't even know what offense we run....

Self scrapped the hi-low for a pick and roll offense...the rest of your post is uninformed gibberish....do you watch games or listen on the radio?

because you don't know anything about the team you claim to follow...

Skip Towne
11-28-2008, 10:06 PM

Being 10 deep is a helluva advantage. Especially in tournaments.

Mr. Laz
11-28-2008, 10:07 PM

hey ... if little is better, it's all good

but there is more to basketball than athletic flash

KcMizzou
11-28-2008, 10:07 PM
but he won a championship so we forgive him :)Well, shit... from where I (and 90% of the college basketball world) am standing, I would too.

You guys have nothing (NOTHING) to complain about.

the Talking Can
11-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Roy would let the other team keep a run going and not call time out. That's how we got up 40-12 on them.

and that was classic Roy....he has NEVER learned

Self is so much better as a game coach it isn't funny

Roy's only title came with players he didn't recruit...i.e. players that weren't choking pussies...

Mr. Laz
11-28-2008, 10:09 PM
you haven't paid any attention at all...you don't even know what offense we run....

Self scrapped the hi-low for a pick and roll offense...the rest of your post is uninformed gibberish....do you watch games or listen on the radio?

because you don't know anything about the team you claim to follow...
he still runs some sort of high/low hybrid offense

mainly because he was FORCED to because the guys he inherited were more suited to RUN.

as for the rest of your meaningless smack .... blow me

ArrowheadHawk
11-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Roy's only title came with players he didn't recruit...i.e. players that weren't choking pussies...That may be just a little harsh. Pierce is not a choking pussy. He just won a title.

the Talking Can
11-28-2008, 10:13 PM

mainly because he was FORCED to because the guys he inherited were more suited to RUN.

self abandoned the pick and roll as soon as he had his own players...

he runs it occasionally as a called set..but his main offense is base off high picks for guards...

we ran the pick and roll almost exclusively during the tournament...90% of the time...it's how we put away Nevada, by going exclusively to picks for Chalmers and Robinson...

sorry, but your claims are just wrong...

the Talking Can
11-28-2008, 10:16 PM
That may be just a little harsh. Pierce is not a choking pussy. He just won a title.

true

i should clarify..Roy made them into pussies by forcing them to play his "system" and not allowing them to freelance...and not teaching strong perimeter defense

how many quick guards destroyed us in the tournament?

Pierce hated Roy's "system"...imagine how good he would have been under Self?

Mr. Laz
11-28-2008, 10:22 PM
self abandoned the pick and roll as soon as he had his own players...

he runs it occasionally as a called set..but his main offense is base off high picks for guards...

we ran the pick and roll almost exclusively during the tournament...90% of the time...it's how we put away Nevada, by going exclusively to picks for Chalmers and Robinson...

sorry, but your claims are just wrong...
your on drugs

he does run high picks for guards in the guard weave last year because our guards were better but he still wants our big men to run a hi-lo type offense.

he only ran the pick and roll because Kaun was so good at it.

this year we don't have enough big guys to run the hi-lo offense or we would be seeing it again right now.

as soon as he gets another big man he will go right back to it again.

the Talking Can
11-28-2008, 10:25 PM
your on drugs

he does run high picks for guards in the guard weave last year because our guards were better but he still wants our big men to run a hi-lo type offense.

he only ran the pick and roll because Kaun was so good at it.

this year we don't have enough big guys to run the hi-lo offense or we would be seeing it again right now.

as soon as he gets another big man he will go right back to it again.

uh, we have Cole - the biggest man in the country - and we're still running a pick and roll offense

the pick and roll had nothing to do with Kaun, who didn't even start

it's about our guards...and we ran it all year...

don't know what else to say

your comments about Self weren't just false, they were uninformed....

Skip Towne
11-28-2008, 10:25 PM

Is romance all you think about?

BWillie
11-28-2008, 11:49 PM
true

i should clarify..Roy made them into pussies by forcing them to play his "system" and not allowing them to freelance...and not teaching strong perimeter defense

how many quick guards destroyed us in the tournament?

Pierce hated Roy's "system"...imagine how good he would have been under Self?

I disagree. While Roy did have some faults, he was still a good in game coach. Roy Williams will be in the collegiate hall of fame some day. It's not like he's a slouch. Look, the NCAA tournament is kind of like a poker tournament. The best team usually doesn't win. Unusually, the last 3 years the best team has won. But more than half the time the best team doesn't win. Shit happens in a one game winner take all. You can catch a hot team shooting 3's and you are done.

I can tell you this, if the Roy teams in the 90's played seven game series like the NBA they would have won the National Title at least twice during Roy's tenure. But they didn't. Shit happens. While I would not trade Self for any coach in the nation including Roy, I don't buy that last years team was any better or any worse than that team with Pierce, LaFrentz, Vaughn, etc. They ran into a buzzsaw which was otherwise known as Arizona. Game could have gone both ways.

KcMizzou
11-29-2008, 12:11 AM
Is romance all you think about?Laz has always been a bit, eh... "lusty".

ArrowheadHawk
11-29-2008, 12:13 AM
Laz has always been a bit, eh... "lusty".
ROFL

Skip Towne
11-29-2008, 12:21 AM
I disagree. While Roy did have some faults, he was still a good in game coach. Roy Williams will be in the collegiate hall of fame some day. It's not like he's a slouch. Look, the NCAA tournament is kind of like a poker tournament. The best team usually doesn't win. Unusually, the last 3 years the best team has won. But more than half the time the best team doesn't win. Shit happens in a one game winner take all. You can catch a hot team shooting 3's and you are done.

I can tell you this, if the Roy teams in the 90's played seven game series like the NBA they would have won the National Title at least twice during Roy's tenure. But they didn't. Shit happens. While I would not trade Self for any coach in the nation including Roy, I don't buy that last years team was any better or any worse than that team with Pierce, LaFrentz, Vaughn, etc. They ran into a buzzsaw which was otherwise known as Arizona. Game could have gone both ways.

Roy's teams kept running into buzzsaws because they were soft. Arizona had big strong forwards that denied the ball to Pollard and LaFrentz. We just couldn't get the ball inside. My Arkansas buddy said "I'll bet they can't do that to Kentucky". Well, they did and won the NC. Bill Self beat Roy twice using the same tactics. Self always has a big strong enforcer type to control the middle. Last year it was Darnell Jackson.

teedubya
11-29-2008, 01:22 AM

Yeah, I can't believe the douche only hit 6 threes. What a lazy bastard.

Silock
11-29-2008, 08:26 AM
collins cost us the game with his turnovers, and when he decided to play 1-on-1 and throw up airballs....

and you don't foul with that much time left...self said so after the game, and he was right

There wasn't THAT much time left. Foul and even if they make the 2 shots, you still get the ball and free throws when they foul YOU.

Silock
11-29-2008, 08:29 AM
Yeah, I can't believe the douche only hit 6 threes. What a lazy bastard.

Sunshine. Dog's ass. You fill in the blanks.