PDA

View Full Version : Football It's good to have a leader...

mikey23545
11-30-2008, 12:34 AM
From the recap of UF's crushing of FSU:

“He deserves to be mentioned again for the Heisman,” said Bowden, who compared Tebow to legendary fullback Bronco Nagurski. “I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a better leader. … He directed everything out there. He’s a tremendous player and a tremendous leader.”

The Seminoles fired up Tebow before last year’s game when linebacker Geno Hayes vowed to “take him down.” This time, the FSU fans offered Tebow a little extra motivation.

They cheered wildly when Harvin, the team’s leading receiver, left the game in the second quarter with a sprained right ankle. He limped off the field with the help of trainers and didn’t return.

<b>Tebow was incensed by the reaction.

“That kind of irritated me,” Tebow said. “I told the coach to give me the ball because I really wanted to hit somebody.”

Meyer obliged, and Tebow carried several defenders into the end zone from 4 yards out two plays after Harvin’s injury.</b>

When it was over, Tebow’s white uniform was stained with grass, mud and some garnet-colored paint. Maybe he should have rubbed a little of that FSU gold on there for good measure. After all, that would have been a better indication of how he played against the Seminoles.

“That’s a really good football team in that locker room,” Meyer said. “I’ve done this for quite a while, and that’s as proud as I’ve ever been.”

Mikey likey....

The Bad Guy
11-30-2008, 12:36 AM
I like that kind of fire as well. I don't think there's one person on this team that would have that type of no-bullshit attitude.

The only problem is, I don't see how his game translates into the NFL.

mikey23545
11-30-2008, 12:37 AM
I like that kind of fire as well. I don't think there's one person on this team that would have that type of no-bullshit attitude.

It probably doesn't, but I still admire the hell out of his attitude....

The Bad Guy
11-30-2008, 12:38 AM
It probably doesn't, but I still admire the hell out of his attitude....

100% agreed.

J Diddy
11-30-2008, 12:40 AM

I see him being an nfl player, i don't think at qb though.

88TG88
11-30-2008, 12:53 AM
The jorts give him super strength.

Basileus777
11-30-2008, 01:01 AM
Leadership is nice, but I don't know that it's all that important from a fullback.

J Diddy
11-30-2008, 01:04 AM
Leadership is nice, but I don't know that it's all that important from a fullback.

I know your comment is TIC, but I need to look no further than Tony richardson to prove that it is important from a fullback.

JuicesFlowing
11-30-2008, 06:39 AM
I know your comment is TIC, but I need to look no further than Tony richardson to prove that it is important from a fullback.

The best ever at that position.

Skip Towne
11-30-2008, 06:45 AM
Tuck Febow

milkman
11-30-2008, 06:47 AM
The best ever at that position.

Daryl Johnston.
Lorenzo Neal.

Robert "The Tank" Holmes.