PDA

View Full Version : MU Perspective on Missouri Sports Futility

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-30-2008, 08:07 AM
There are 38 States with 5 or more electoral votes.

Of those states, two have not had a school from their state play in either a BCS Bowl or a Final Four in the last 40 years.

New Mexico
Missouri.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q119/cornhole_04/KenPark-Suicide.gif

Boon
11-30-2008, 08:14 AM
That gif is f*cking nasty!!

ExtremeChief
11-30-2008, 08:33 AM
If fucking New Mexico would just win something we could have that random statistic all to ourselves!!!!!!!!!

Simply Red
11-30-2008, 08:37 AM
If this is some sort of sick hint, 'Hamas'?

I'd like you to know, my inbox is always open, if you need to talk.

Skip Towne
11-30-2008, 09:14 AM
New Mexico has 5 electoral votes? That's just wrong.

RedNeckRaider
11-30-2008, 09:15 AM
New Mexico as 5 electoral votes? That's just wrong.

ROFL

Bearcat
11-30-2008, 09:24 AM
Kansas has 6 electoral votes, and in the last 20 years they've been in 6 FFs and 1 BCS bowl.

...just in case anyone was wondering. :D

Skip Towne
11-30-2008, 09:25 AM
Kansas has 6 electoral votes, and in the last 20 years they've been in 6 FFs and 1 BCS bowl.

Thanks for pointing that out. I wa wondering about that. :p

CupidStunt
11-30-2008, 09:27 AM
Missouri clearly should've had the BCS game last year.

hawkchief
11-30-2008, 09:50 AM
All is no lost. Missouri is tops in meth labs!!!!

Reerun_KC
11-30-2008, 09:52 AM
Missouri clearly should've had the BCS game last year.

oh boy here comes Frazod and his "fraud" speach...

Pablo
11-30-2008, 09:53 AM
Missouri clearly should've had the BCS game last year.But they didn't.

Living in the past is swell.

Frazod
11-30-2008, 09:55 AM
oh boy here comes Frazod and his "fraud" speach...

But you just said it for me, so now I don't need to.

Thanks. :D

Pablo
11-30-2008, 09:56 AM
But you just said it for me, so now I don't need to.

Thanks. :DIs this the appropriate spot for a 'scoreboard'?

I'm gonna need some coaching on this stuff, fraz.

I'll get it down soon enough, I'm sure.

Deberg_1990
11-30-2008, 09:57 AM

I wonder how many of the kids who carried those teams were native to Kansas??

Frazod
11-30-2008, 10:00 AM
Is this the appropriate spot for a 'scoreboard'?

I'm gonna need some coaching on this stuff, fraz.

I'll get it down soon enough, I'm sure.

Well, according to some of the geniouses here, losing by 8 last year was some sort of moral victory. We only lost by 3, so I guess we really kicked your ass. :p

Skip Towne
11-30-2008, 10:10 AM
Well, according to some of the geniouses here, losing by 8 last year was some sort of moral victory. We only lost by 3, so I guess we really kicked your ass. :p

No, you were 16 point favorites so you really lost by 19.

Frazod
11-30-2008, 10:15 AM
No, you were 16 point favorites so you really lost by 19.

Interesting perspective.

One more thing to ponder while Missouri plays next week, and Kansas doesn't.

ArrowheadHawk
11-30-2008, 10:18 AM
Interesting perspective.

Does that really make you feel any better?

KCinNY
11-30-2008, 10:19 AM
Interesting perspective.

The prospect of getting hammered by 5 TDs on national tv doesn't make me that excited.

Skip Towne
11-30-2008, 10:20 AM
Interesting perspective.

I'm an OU fan now. I live in Oklahoma.

Saulbadguy
11-30-2008, 10:20 AM
BCS bowls have only existed for 10 years.

Brock
11-30-2008, 10:22 AM
Jeez, I hope it's not MU - OU again.

Frazod
11-30-2008, 10:24 AM
Does that really make you feel any better?

No, not really.

But at least we're going. It's better than not going.

Saulbadguy
11-30-2008, 10:25 AM
Missouri has yet to win a division title all by themselves, either. They are co-champs 2 years running now.

Pablo
11-30-2008, 10:31 AM
Interesting perspective.

Yeah, I don't get to watch my teams lose enough as it is.

I'm jealous that you get to view yet another futile effort from one of your teams.

:D

Pablo
11-30-2008, 10:33 AM
Jeez, I hope it's not MU - OU again.Maybe the outcome will be different this year...*snicker*.

Pablo
11-30-2008, 10:34 AM
BCS bowls have only existed for 10 years.Final fours have been around for quite a while though.

Oh wait, that's a secondary sport to some Mizzou fans....

Bearcat
11-30-2008, 10:39 AM
I wonder how many of the kids who carried those teams were native to Kansas??

There are a few notable players on the football side... it's just all that more impressive that they can talk kids into coming to Kansas. :)

Frazod
11-30-2008, 10:39 AM
Yeah, I don't get to watch my teams lose enough as it is.

I'm jealous that you get to view yet another futile effort from one of your teams.

:D

Keep in mind, you don't get to back into a better bowl this year by not playing. I assume that takes some of the luster off of not advancing to the big game.

Frazod
11-30-2008, 10:40 AM
Final fours have been around for quite a while though.

Oh wait, that's a secondary sport to some Mizzou fans....

If you were from a state that had professional sports teams, you'd understand.

Skip Towne
11-30-2008, 10:42 AM
Keep in mind, you don't get to back into a better bowl this year by not playing. I assume that takes some of the luster out of not advancing to the big game.

How do you know we won't? They haven't set the bowls yet.

Frazod
11-30-2008, 10:43 AM
How do you know we won't? They haven't set the bowls yet.

Because Perkins' jaw would explode before he'd be able to suck you out of a five loss season.

ArrowheadHawk
11-30-2008, 10:44 AM

But, But what about all this? :D

Kansas City T-Bones
Located next to the Kansas Speedway, the T-Bones play in the independent Northern League, often to packed stands.

Wichita Wingnuts
The Wingnuts are a new minor-league baseball franchise in the independent American Association.

Wichita Thunder
Kansas had had a long history with minor-league hockey. The Thunder play in the Central Hockey League.

Topeka Roadrunners
The Roadrunners play in the state capital city and are with in the North American Hockey League.

Wichita Wild
The Wild always keep their action indoors with United Indoor Football.

Kansas Koyotes
Playing out of Topeka, the Kansas Koyotes are an indoor team with the American Professional Football League.

Dave Lane
11-30-2008, 10:44 AM

And a national championship but I'm just saying...

ArrowheadHawk
11-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Because Perkins' jaw would explode before he'd be able to suck you out of a five loss season.
Five losses sounds good considering before yesterday it was supposed to be 6. :)

Pablo
11-30-2008, 10:45 AM
If you were from a state that had professional sports teams, you'd understand.Hey now, I live in MO. I just choose not to root for the Columbia Abortions.

ArrowheadHawk
11-30-2008, 10:48 AM
But, But what about all this? :D

Kansas City T-Bones
Located next to the Kansas Speedway, the T-Bones play in the independent Northern League, often to packed stands.

Wichita Wingnuts
The Wingnuts are a new minor-league baseball franchise in the independent American Association.

Wichita Thunder
Kansas had had a long history with minor-league hockey. The Thunder play in the Central Hockey League.

Topeka Roadrunners
The Roadrunners play in the state capital city and are with in the North American Hockey League.

Wichita Wild
The Wild always keep their action indoors with United Indoor Football.

Kansas Koyotes
Playing out of Topeka, the Kansas Koyotes are an indoor team with the American Professional Football League.

I also forgot to mention that Kansas also has the Kansas Speedway the Wichita Open and quite a few Pro Rodeo gigs.

Skip Towne
11-30-2008, 10:49 AM

It would be hilarious if he pulled it off again. And our losses are to good teams so anything could happen.

Frazod
11-30-2008, 10:52 AM
It would be hilarious if he pulled it off again. And our losses are to good teams so anything could happen.

Well, the new coaches poll is out, and we're still ranked 17.

And you're ranked.... uh, well, darn, it only goes down to 25, so I guess you're shit out of luck.

Pablo
11-30-2008, 10:52 AM
It would be hilarious if he pulled it off again. And our losses are to good teams so anything could happen.Well, I dunno if USF and NU are exactly good losses on our resume, but they aren't terribly bad I suppose.

Brock
11-30-2008, 10:53 AM

That loss to nebraska is the one that ruined it.

Skip Towne
11-30-2008, 10:55 AM
I think some bowl is going to get a bargain. It will take a good team to beat us if we're healthy.

Bearcat
11-30-2008, 10:58 AM
I'd rather see Texas in the NC game, so if OU makes it to the B12 Championship game, a small part of me wants Mizzou to win so Texas backs into the NC game against Florida or Alabama.

Stewie
11-30-2008, 10:59 AM

We have better things to do than line the pockets of billionaires with hard-earned tax dollars. Although thinking about it, the only local owner of a major sports team in KC was Ewing Kaufman. He lived in Johnson County and did quite well with Missourians' tax dollars, both in sports and business.

CupidStunt
11-30-2008, 11:00 AM
KU fans are seriously ****ing stupid. Last year, the excuse was everything BUT the head-to-head beatdown. This year, all that matters IS the game itself.

Pathetic. Either suck up last year's raping and stop pretending that robbing the Orange Bowl bid from MU was legit, or admit that your fluke win this year isn't too special in a shitty season. You can't have it both ways.

Pablo
Well, the new coaches poll is out, and we're still ranked 17.

And you're ranked.... uh, well, darn, it only goes down to 25, so I guess you're shit out of luck.17...that's good enough for BCS consideration isn't it???

Oh wait, and you've yet to play OU/UT???

Maybe your AD can pop a Hoover between his teeth and save you from finishing the season unranked after the South team rakes you over the coals.

Frazod
We have better things to do than line the pockets of billionaires with hard-earned tax dollars. Although thinking about it, the only local owner of a major sports team in KC was Ewing Kaufman. He lived in Johnson County and did quite well with Missourians' tax dollars, both in sports and business.

Kansans - proud scroungers of shit other people pay for. :thumb:

Skip Towne
11-30-2008, 11:03 AM
Well, I dunno if USF and NU are exactly good losses on our resume, but they aren't terribly bad I suppose.

Nebraska plays up and down. And they should know how hard it is to win in south Florida in September. The Chiefs damn sure do.

Frazod
11-30-2008, 11:06 AM
17...that's good enough for BCS consideration isn't it???

Oh wait, and you've yet to play OU/UT???

Maybe your AD can pop a Hoover between his teeth and save you from finishing the season unranked after the South team rakes you over the coals.

17's certainly better than whatever undetermined ranking you guys are. And one way or another, we'll still finish higher than you.

Annoying, isn't it?

Stewie
11-30-2008, 11:06 AM
KU fans are seriously ****ing stupid. Last year, the excuse was everything BUT the head-to-head beatdown. This year, all that matters IS the game itself.

Pathetic. Either suck up last year's raping and stop pretending that robbing the Orange Bowl bid from MU was legit, or admit that your fluke win this year isn't too special in a shitty season. You can't have it both ways.

We can't help it that your AD is an ignoramus. He needs to put on his big-boy pants and fight for his program.

Yesterday's win was especially sweet because now you'll go to Mediocre Bowl, when all year we heard how MU fans couldn't wait for the beatdown they'd unleash on KU. Hopefully you'll all get new, bigger crying towels.

ArrowheadHawk
11-30-2008, 11:07 AM
17's certainly better than whatever undetermined ranking you guys are. And one way or another, we'll still finish higher than you.

Annoying, isn't it?
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3172/3070205262_eace5df44e_o.jpg

ArrowheadHawk
11-30-2008, 11:07 AM
We can't help it that your AD is an ignoramus. He needs to put on his big-boy pants and fight for his program.

Yesterday's win was especially sweet because now you'll go to Mediocre Bowl, when all year we heard how MU fans couldn't wait for the beatdown they'd unleash on KU. Hopefully you'll all get new, bigger crying towels.

That guy is no MU fan he is just a retard.

Pablo
11-30-2008, 11:08 AM

Annoying, isn't it?Scoreboard.

Stewie
11-30-2008, 11:08 AM
Kansans - proud scroungers of shit other people pay for. :thumb:

It's called being smarter than the knuckle-draggers.

Pablo
11-30-2008, 11:09 AM
It's called being smarter than the knuckle-draggers.He just wanted to live in OP.

You can't beat 72 degrees and sunny.

Frazod
11-30-2008, 11:09 AM
It's called being smarter than the knuckle-draggers.

Some might call it being a fucking welfare scumbag.

RedNeckRaider
11-30-2008, 11:10 AM
I'd rather see Texas in the NC game, so if OU makes it to the B12 Championship game, a small part of me wants Mizzou to win so Texas backs into the NC game against Florida or Alabama.

I dont have a dog in this fight, I do however hate Missouri. I dont care if it is Texas who I also hate or Oklahoma, they will destroy Missouri. The South wins this and it will be over well before halftime IMO

Skip Towne
11-30-2008, 11:12 AM
That guy is no MU fan he is just a retard.

How do you tell the difference?

Bearcat
11-30-2008, 11:12 AM

I, along with many other KU fans, have admitted from day one that Mizzou got screwed and Kansas did nothing but benefit from it. Where you're wrong is the 'raping'... all Jayhawk fans have been saying for the last year is that Mizzou can't call Kansas a fraud because of an 8 point loss, and then turn around and say Mizzou is head and shoulders above Kansas.They can't have it both ways... regardless of who made it to a BCS bowl, Kansas was either a complete fraud and Mizzou was 8 points better than being a complete fraud, or Kansas was pretty good and Mizzou was better.

I'm completely comfortable saying that Kansas' biggest win in the last two years was against Mizzou last year, when it comes to the talent on the other side of the field. I don't think Mizzou fans are ready to accept that their biggest win in the last two years was Kansas last year. Outside of those two victories, neither team has accomplished a whole lot. I'm okay with saying that... are Mizzou fans?

Stewie
11-30-2008, 11:13 AM
Some might call it being a ****ing welfare scumbag.

Those people would be called envious and uninformed.

Frazod
11-30-2008, 11:13 AM
How do you tell the difference?

If he was a retard, he'd have been banished to Oklahoma.

Frazod
11-30-2008, 11:14 AM
Those people would be called envious and uninformed.

Envy? Kansas? LMAO

The only part of your shit state that amounts to anything are suburbs of a city in Missouri. You are parasites feeding off the host.

Basileus777
11-30-2008, 11:15 AM
New Jersey isn't much better. Rutgers had a Final Four appearance in 1976. That is it.

Of course no one really cares about college sports here, and our pro-teams have been successful.

Edit: I forgot about Seton Hall, they went to the finals in 1989.

Pablo
11-30-2008, 11:15 AM
How do you tell the difference?MU fans smell worse, at least the retards usually have someone to change their diaper for them.

RedNeckRaider
11-30-2008, 11:16 AM

ROFL well for once he is not dogging Kansas.

Stewie

Then how come Mike Alden hasn't moved?

Frazod
New Jersey isn't much better. Rutgers had a Final Four appearance in 1976. That is it.

Of course no one really cares about college sports here.....

But you do have Shitsprayer. :D

Boon
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3172/3070205262_eace5df44e_o.jpg

SCOREBOARD!!

FTW!

Frazod
Then how come Mike Alden hasn't moved?

Why haven't you?

schneider221
11-30-2008, 11:18 AM
I, along with many other KU fans, have admitted from day one that Mizzou got screwed and Kansas did nothing but benefit from it. Where you're wrong is the 'raping'... all Jayhawk fans have been saying for the last year is that Mizzou can't call Kansas a fraud because of an 8 point loss, and then turn around and say Mizzou is head and shoulders above Kansas.They can't have it both ways... regardless of who made it to a BCS bowl, Kansas was either a complete fraud and Mizzou was 8 points better than being a complete fraud, or Kansas was pretty good and Mizzou was better.

I'm completely comfortable saying that Kansas' biggest win in the last two years was against Mizzou last year, when it comes to the talent on the other side of the field. I don't think Mizzou fans are ready to accept that their biggest win in the last two years was Kansas last year. Outside of those two victories, neither team has accomplished a whole lot. I'm okay with saying that... are Mizzou fans?

Umm dude, are you forgetting the whole beating a top 5 team at the time in a BCS Bowl game. Beating MU is sweet and losing to them sucks but that win against MU yesterday was not the best win in the last two years for KU.

Pablo
11-30-2008, 11:18 AM
But you do have Shitsprayer. :DHoly hell.

That's a statewide FAIL. SHTSPRYER and DCS should move to Alaska together, then that maf*cka should break off the North American continent and sink.

Stewie
11-30-2008, 11:19 AM
Envy? Kansas? LMAO

The only part of your shit state that amounts to anything are suburbs of a city in Missouri. You are parasites feeding off the host.

Life's pretty good here, I admit. Most people I know who live here have no tie to the state of Missouri.

Skip Towne
11-30-2008, 11:19 AM
Envy? Kansas? LMAO

You've got that exactly backward. We have to feed you and provide oil for your cars. You have slums.

Bearcat
11-30-2008, 11:21 AM

Annoying, isn't it?

I was hoping for a 8 win season plus another bowl.... we got 7 wins and we'll at least get into some CorporateSponsor.com bowl, which is fine with me since going to bowls isn't exactly an annual tradition at Kansas.

I'm thinking Mizzou fans are okay with just having a chance at a BCS bowl for the second year in a row, even though some were thinking about the NC game back in September.

So, no, I'm not annoyed... both teams have sort of a comfortable disappointment at this point, even though Mizzou has the chance to make up for it next weekend.

Frazod
11-30-2008, 11:23 AM
You've got that exactly backward. We have to feed you and provide oil for your cars. You have slums.

Oh yeah - move over Saudi Arabia, here comes Kansas to solve our energy woes. LMAO

Frazod
11-30-2008, 11:24 AM
Life's pretty good here, I admit. Most people I know who live here have no tie to the state of Missouri.

It would be amusing to see what would happen to the parasite if the host was removed.

Skip Towne
11-30-2008, 11:25 AM
Oh yeah - move over Saudi Arabia, here comes Kansas to solve our energy woes. LMAO

We're Saudi Arabia compared to Missouri. There should be a humongous tax on fuel sold in non oil producing states. Bunch of leeches.

RedNeckRaider
11-30-2008, 11:26 AM
Envy? Kansas? LMAO

You big city boys crack me up! I been to the big cities they have tall buildings you can have them. Oh and **** Missouri! After all everyone outside of that state knows Missouri is Arkansas misspelled.

Brock
11-30-2008, 11:27 AM
It would be amusing to see what would happen to the parasite if the host was removed.

Missouri - So great you don't even live there.

Frazod
11-30-2008, 11:27 AM
You big city boys crack me up! I been to the big citys they have tall buildings you can have them. Oh and fuck Missouri! After all everyone outside of that state knows Missouri is Arkansas misspelled.

You misspelled "cities."

Bearcat
11-30-2008, 11:28 AM
Umm dude, are you forgetting the whole beating a top 5 team at the time in a BCS Bowl game. Beating MU is sweet and losing to them sucks but that win against MU yesterday was not the best win in the last two years for KU.

As far as the program is concerned, the Orange Bowl was obviously a much greater win than a regular season game this year.... but, I think this year's Mizzou team is more talented than last year's VTech team; which is why I said 'when it comes to the talent on the other side of the field'. It's hard to say since the two teams are so different, and maybe it's just because I've seen a lot more of Mizzou than VTech over the last couple of years...

Frazod

Too damn hot.

ArrowheadHawk
ROFL

RedNeckRaider
11-30-2008, 11:29 AM
You misspelled "cities."

:doh!: ROFL

alanm
11-30-2008, 11:39 AM
I'm rooting for Missouri next week because of family considerations.
All of my Dad's side of the family lives there.
Also I'm tired of the South's smugness.
Don't let the North down Missouri!! :thumb:

Pablo
11-30-2008, 11:40 AM
:doh!: ROFLGet ya some book-larnin', ya simpleton.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-30-2008, 02:04 PM
I just can't get over how historically bad our sports programs are given the size of our state. It's just ridiculous. It's not like there is another college in-state to siphon off resources, either

eazyb81
11-30-2008, 02:13 PM
I'm rooting for Missouri next week because of family considerations.
All of my Dad's side of the family lives there.
Also I'm tired of the South's smugness.
Don't let the North down Missouri!! :thumb:

:spock:

I'm assuming you didn't watch yesterday's game.

OU is going to absolutely shitstomp us.

Skip Towne
11-30-2008, 02:15 PM
I just can't get over how historically bad our sports programs are given the size of our state. It's just ridiculous. It's not like there is another college in-state to siphon off resources, either

What about "Missouri State"?

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-30-2008, 02:20 PM
What about "Missouri State"?

Southwest is a boil on the ass of Missouri higher ed, and their athletics are even worse.

Skip Towne
11-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Southwest is a boil on the ass of Missouri higher ed, and their athletics are even worse.

I feel your pain. We have K-State

Brock
11-30-2008, 02:36 PM
I feel your pain. We have K-State

You mean Wichita State.....