PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft QB Search starts and ends with Tebow

MahiMike
11-30-2008, 03:07 PM
I see a lot of threads about what to do with the Chiefs high draft pick next April. Many of you are looking for the messiah of QB's to take our Chiefs to the promised land. There are plenty of fine young candidates out there with strong arms, quick feet and quicker realeses.

That's great and all but more important than all those things are intangibles needed at this position. Picking a QB this high is a crap shoot and you never know what will happen to the psyche of even the most talented player (see Vince Young). Many look great in college and don't pan out in the NFL (list too numerable to mention here).

For my money, the surest thing there is at this pick to be successful at the next level is Tim Tebow. I say this not just because I've watched this kid from high school to college but because of the way he lives his life. He's the most competitive football player I've watched. The toughest QB by far. Tough enough to take a hit and run it when he has to. Last year when he won the heisman, he was basically both QB and RB. This year, the Gators are more balanced so his numbers are down. But the stats don't tell what kind of person or player this kid is.

We still don't know if he'll come out after this year or whether he'll even enter the NFL. There's been talk he'll go on missionary work for a couple years before possible entering the league. But if he does decide to enter the draft, there's no better pick than Tim Tebow.

http://www.bpnews.net/bpnews.asp?id=22513

"That performance capped off a senior year during which Tebow, one of four finalists in Parade Magazine’s All-American High School Player of the Year honors, threw for 3,442 yards and 34 touchdowns and rushed for 1,045 yards and 21 touchdowns. His high school career set new state records -- 9,940 yards passing, 13,050 yards total offense and 159 touchdowns that garnered the attention of college coaches nationwide and was the focus of an ESPN documentary that explored his home-schooled background."

blueballs
11-30-2008, 03:08 PM
popcorn

JASONSAUTO
11-30-2008, 03:08 PM
well i dont know if his play will translate to the nfl, but it seems as though all the guy does is score tds and win

chiefs1111
11-30-2008, 03:10 PM
Im a Gator fan and I say no to Tebow. I think he can be a solid back up QB but other than that not much..

DeezNutz
11-30-2008, 03:12 PM
Where's Demonpenz? He needs to help explain why Tebow is a duel threat.

Brock
11-30-2008, 03:15 PM
The jump pass will revolutionalize the QB position in the NFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-30-2008, 03:16 PM
You know what I love?

QBs from spread offenses, who run a zone read 3/4 of the time, never have more than two reads in their passing game, and who have the worst mechanics of any major QB prospect, maybe ever.

That's just fucking awesome.

Mecca
11-30-2008, 03:19 PM
Mel Kiper has Tebow listed on his board....as a Tight End.

MahiMike
11-30-2008, 03:20 PM
Yeah, that Montana kid sure worried about that funky throwing motion he had.

It's about what's between your ears that counts the most.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-30-2008, 03:23 PM
Yeah, that Montana kid sure worried about that funky throwing motion he had.

It's about what's between your ears that counts the most.

And a guy who has played in a single read system that is run-based and who rarely takes snaps from under center has shit between his ears at this point in his development.

tk13
11-30-2008, 03:26 PM
I'd agree what's in your head is very important.

Problem is there isn't much, the guy runs a playbook with what, 8 plays? Not really, but it's a hundred miles from what you'd be subjected to at the NFL level. You are going to either have to sit him for a couple years or completely change the rest of your offense with him. To me he's just another version of Vince Young, and I didn't like Vince Young coming out of college either.

Skip Towne
11-30-2008, 03:30 PM
We don't need Tebow. We have Mike Cox.

dtebbe
11-30-2008, 03:31 PM
Yea, since LJ proved the whole Penn State RB myth wrong, we could do the same with Tebow. Makes sense. :shake:

DT

MIAdragon
11-30-2008, 03:32 PM
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z187/FL2005gt/n23401424_40149210_5798.jpg

LiL stumppy
11-30-2008, 03:52 PM
No thanks. Draft him and let him play LB

DeezNutz
11-30-2008, 04:02 PM
I actually think Tebow would be a great selection, in rounds 5-7.

DaneMcCloud
11-30-2008, 04:17 PM
I think Tebow would be a great undrafted free agent

the Talking Can
11-30-2008, 04:17 PM
i'd rather be raped

milkman
11-30-2008, 04:20 PM
i'd rather be raped

By the hooker in your avatar?

ChiefsCountry
11-30-2008, 04:25 PM
If I had Mike Holmgren as a coach I would take a chance on him. But you have to have a very special coach who has a great history with quarterbacks IMO.

rtmike
11-30-2008, 04:38 PM
I've watched him a little more lately. He can definitely take a hit and is a fiery leader. He's good where he's at, just not sure he can translate over to the NFL.

jidar
11-30-2008, 04:44 PM
lolol

Tebow is not going to be a first round pick.

the Talking Can
11-30-2008, 04:48 PM
By the hooker in your avatar?

i wouldn't touch her with Herm's vagina

BigMeatballDave
11-30-2008, 04:56 PM
Horrible...

Coach
11-30-2008, 04:59 PM
No to Tebow.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-30-2008, 05:09 PM
i'd rather be raped

LMAO

shaneo69
11-30-2008, 06:27 PM
I like Tebow. I think he'll find a way to get it done and turn himself into a good NFL QB. Unlike that puss Leinert.

BigMeatballDave
11-30-2008, 06:34 PM
It's about what's between your ears that counts the most.You obviously have little of that when it comes to football...

suds79
11-30-2008, 06:37 PM
Tim Tebow will soon disappear in the NFL once he's not in the spread offense and exposed for being a sub-par passer.

HolmeZz
11-30-2008, 06:39 PM
Have you watched Tebow throw a football?

I'm still not 100% sure he's really left-handed.

dtebbe
11-30-2008, 10:44 PM
lolol

To Oakland... ROFL

Short Leash Hootie
11-30-2008, 10:47 PM
I'd have a tough time being a Chiefs fan if we took Tebow...I just hate him.

MahiMike
12-01-2008, 07:14 PM
lolol

Care to wager? I'll go All In on this one.

ILChief
12-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Tim Tebow will soon disappear in the NFL once he's not in the spread offense and exposed for being a sub-par passer.

well, we do run the spread.

KCChiefsMan
12-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Thigpen has a bowl of Tebow's every morning for breakfast

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2008, 07:19 PM
well, we do run the spread.

The Chiefs run more than 8 plays.

Oh, and they play in the NFL.

CoMoChief
12-01-2008, 07:21 PM
I see a lot of threads about what to do with the Chiefs high draft pick next April. Many of you are looking for the messiah of QB's to take our Chiefs to the promised land. There are plenty of fine young candidates out there with strong arms, quick feet and quicker realeses.

That's great and all but more important than all those things are intangibles needed at this position. Picking a QB this high is a crap shoot and you never know what will happen to the psyche of even the most talented player (see Vince Young). Many look great in college and don't pan out in the NFL (list too numerable to mention here).

For my money, the surest thing there is at this pick to be successful at the next level is Tim Tebow. I say this not just because I've watched this kid from high school to college but because of the way he lives his life. He's the most competitive football player I've watched. The toughest QB by far. Tough enough to take a hit and run it when he has to. Last year when he won the heisman, he was basically both QB and RB. This year, the Gators are more balanced so his numbers are down. But the stats don't tell what kind of person or player this kid is.

We still don't know if he'll come out after this year or whether he'll even enter the NFL. There's been talk he'll go on missionary work for a couple years before possible entering the league. But if he does decide to enter the draft, there's no better pick than Tim Tebow.

http://www.bpnews.net/bpnews.asp?id=22513

"That performance capped off a senior year during which Tebow, one of four finalists in Parade Magazine’s All-American High School Player of the Year honors, threw for 3,442 yards and 34 touchdowns and rushed for 1,045 yards and 21 touchdowns. His high school career set new state records -- 9,940 yards passing, 13,050 yards total offense and 159 touchdowns that garnered the attention of college coaches nationwide and was the focus of an ESPN documentary that explored his home-schooled background."

oh shit....:eek:

KCChiefsMan
12-01-2008, 07:27 PM
I guess I don't watch Florida that much, but that top 100 board has Tebow at #6. Is he really that bad of a NFL prospect?

EyePod
12-01-2008, 07:52 PM
Yeah, those run first QB's really seem to work well in the NFL... oh wait....

CrazyPhuD
12-01-2008, 07:54 PM
Tebow is going to Teabag whatever team drafts him...

Tuckdaddy
12-02-2008, 07:46 AM
lolol

Of course he will. Some team will take him in the first. Matt Jones went in the first and he's was in the sams position and not nearly as good as Tebow. Great runner with shaky passing skills.

He will probably will turn out to be bust at QB but he'll go in the first.

Brock
12-02-2008, 08:58 AM
Of course he will. Some team will take him in the first. Matt Jones went in the first and he's was in the sams position and not nearly as good as Tebow. Great runner with shaky passing skills.

Matt Jones was a horrible pick.

CoMoChief
12-02-2008, 08:59 AM

Matt Jones is 6'6 and ran a 4.3, people were WOW'd by his athletic ablility and project of a WR.

Tebow is nowhere near as athletic as Matt Jones.

ROFL Jesus, some people really like to suck Tebows cock.

Tebow's a fuckin loser.

CoMoChief
12-02-2008, 08:59 AM
Matt Jones was a horrible pick.

I'd take him

Brock
12-02-2008, 09:00 AM
I'd take him

With a first round pick? That's retarded.

Darth CarlSatan
12-02-2008, 09:05 AM
I like Tebow. I think he'll find a way to get it done and turn himself into a good NFL QB. Unlike that puss Leinert.

Someone actually had the balls to type that name on this board as a positive. As far as I'm concerned, that's a credibility destroyer.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-02-2008, 09:07 AM
I'd have a tough time being a Chiefs fan if we took Tebow...I just hate him.

We wouldn't take him to play QB. The Wildcat has shown people how ineffective the zone-read running system is in the NFL after about 3 weeks of tape.

CoMoChief
12-02-2008, 09:09 AM
With a first round pick? That's retarded.

Oh well no not with a first, I agree that specific pick was terrible.

Never pick a project in the first rd...............NEVER

I just remember the Jags wanting to get rid of him now.........having that said I would take him. Hes another huge target

Demonpenz
12-02-2008, 09:20 AM
He can make all the throws. Once he gets to the conbine, puts up a good, shuddle run, bench, makes throws, 40 yard dash his value will go up.

Demonpenz
12-02-2008, 10:39 AM
Tebow will also provide almost of value for those teams looking for a mab

Darth CarlSatan
12-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Tebow will also provide almost of value for those teams looking for a mab

I'm looking forward to Gators / Tide; if Tebow pulls another 'Warrior Game', his stock rises further with me.

FringeNC
12-02-2008, 10:57 AM
Alex Smith is a much better pure passer than Tebow and he hasn't done anything in the NFL.

Given that we may be committed to the spread, I wouldn't mind us picking up Alex Smith if he is cut, but not Tebow. I don't like his mechanics.

Darth CarlSatan
12-02-2008, 10:59 AM
This just in;
THE ALL-KNOWING PETRO PICKS......

BRADFORD.

Discuss!ROFL

Demonpenz
12-02-2008, 11:01 AM
One thing the conbine should do is measure the space between qb's eyes. With bradford's eyes being "lama" like. It lets him see the field better

Darth CarlSatan
12-02-2008, 11:05 AM
One thing the conbine should do is measure the space between qb's eyes. With bradford's eyes being "lama" like. It lets him see the field better

ROFL

He's lookin' a LOT less "Jerry's Kids" this year, I'll give him that.

ChiefsCountry
12-02-2008, 11:07 AM
With the right quarterback coach - Tebow could be a darn good QB.

CoMoChief
12-02-2008, 11:09 AM
Do you know the ONLY reason he won the Heisman is because of his whopping amount of 1-2 yd TD scores?!?!?!

Darth CarlSatan
12-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Brodie is on the radio discussing Alabama at the moment; Mmm...useless AND boring!

Yayyy!!!!

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Do you know the ONLY reason he won the Heisman is because of his whopping amount of 1-2 yd TD scores?!?!?!

Right.. it had nothing to do with his 67% completion percentage, 3300yds passing, 32 passing TDs to only 6 int's, and 900 rushing yards.

By the way, you ignorant dunce, less than half of his 23 rushing TDs were from 1-2 yards out.

beach tribe
12-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Mel Kiper has Tebow listed on his board....as a Tight End.

Is this guy going in the 1st as a QB? I must Know.

Demonpenz
12-02-2008, 11:42 AM
it won't be determined until he works out for the scouts. Everyone I have talked too near the program said he has the arm strength to throw nfl type throws. They just don
t need to do that with all the firepower they have

Darth CarlSatan
12-02-2008, 11:45 AM
it won't be determined until he works out for the scouts. Everyone I have talked too near the program said he has the arm strength to throw nfl type throws. They just don
t need to do that with all the firepower they have

Petro says Bradford is our man.

CoMoChief
12-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Right.. it had nothing to do with his 67% completion percentage, 3300yds passing, 32 passing TDs to only 6 int's, and 900 rushing yards.

By the way, you ignorant dunce, less than half of his 23 rushing TDs were from 1-2 yards out.

You're a bigger douchebag than Tim Tebow

and i dont know if thats possible.

Fuck you and fuck Florida football.

CoMoChief
12-02-2008, 11:48 AM

Bradford is a VERY good QB. Alot better than PoS Tim Tebow.

Rausch
12-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Tebow will unite America.

Bet on it, this will be a future Whitlock column.

For years white America looked at the mobility of black quarterbacks and second guessed them due to it. This year some moron GM will draft Tebow WAY ahead of value, he will suck HUGE, bust, and race will become an issue.

Tebow's inevitable suck will show us all that being able to run does NOT a QB make.

White, black, islander, or fucking cheese-eating-surrender-monkey-frog...

Darth CarlSatan
12-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Bradford is a VERY good QB. Alot better than PoS Tim Tebow.

Why you wanna' argue this guys stats? Are they fabrication? I'd really, really love to see how many people on this board back or do NOT back a Quarterback based on something other than personal, petty bullshit.

When it comes to drafting QB's, FACT.COM this bitch ain't.

Demonpenz
12-02-2008, 12:00 PM
I remember a little guy out of notre dame who people were calling a bust. 4 superbowls later his name was joe montana

Rausch
12-02-2008, 12:01 PM
I remember a little guy out of notre dame who people were calling a bust. 4 superbowls later his name was joe montana

I also remember Ron Powlus, and similar media masterbation...

Extra Point
12-02-2008, 12:05 PM
When Tebow or Bradford look at their draft depth matching KC, the concept of staying in school will be underlined.

Demonpenz
12-02-2008, 12:05 PM
The wierd thing is I remember people saying how the west coast offense WOULD NOT WORK similar to the spread today. 6 Superbowlers 17 Hall Of famers later the world reconized that it was awesome

Rausch
12-02-2008, 12:08 PM
The wierd thing is I remember people saying how the west coast offense WOULD NOT WORK similar to the spread today. 6 Superbowlers 17 Hall Of famers later the world reconized that it was awesome

You make a good point there axe-biter.

Everything is a gimmick until it wins a Lombardi...

ChiefsCountry
12-02-2008, 12:09 PM
When Tebow or Bradford look at their draft depth matching KC, the concept of staying in school will be underlined.

KC pays better than Norman or Gainesville.

BigCatDaddy
12-02-2008, 12:17 PM

Croyle said he is the best he has seen in college also. "Deep outs on a rope"

Rausch
12-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Croyle said he is the best he has seen in college also.

Crolye is biased...

Mark M
12-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Tebow is another one in a long line of "QBs that were stunningly amazing in college, but won't translate to the NFL."

He simply hasn't been in a system that requires him to play QB in an NFL-type way: at least a few snaps under center and requiring multiple reads. He basically is told to look at two guys and, if they're covered, run like hell.

Again, he's a great athlete. But, IMHO, not a great NFL-quality QB.

To be honest, and again IMHO, there are few NFL-ready and caliber QBs in this draft ... which is why I'd rather have one more year of Thigpen than use a 1st or 2nd rounder on a QB this year.

MM
~~:shrug:

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2008, 12:20 PM

**** you and **** Florida football.

Don't get all pissed off just because I went to a quality school (and earned useful degrees) that has an outstanding athletic department that knows how to win. Don't be jealous.

PS. Sasha Kaun thinks you suck.

Rausch
12-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Don't get all pissed off just because I went to a quality school (and earned useful degrees)

Right now I can think of no better reason, even if you is a good time.

He's probably right...

Brock
12-02-2008, 12:26 PM
I have a feeling Tebow is going to murder it at the combine. I'll bet he is a first round pick.

JASONSAUTO
12-02-2008, 12:27 PM
I have a feeling Tebow is going to murder it at the combine. I'll bet he is a first round pick.

You are probably right, i just hope we stay the hell away

CoMoChief
12-02-2008, 12:30 PM
Don't get all pissed off just because I went to a quality school (and earned useful degrees) that has an outstanding athletic department that knows how to win. Don't be jealous.

I could give a fuck less about what degree you acquired.

Joakim Noah is better looking than you.

Rausch
12-02-2008, 12:31 PM

He probably will.

Doesn't change the fact he'll suck baows in the NFL...

Darth CarlSatan
12-02-2008, 12:34 PM
He probably will.

Doesn't change the fact he'll suck baows in the NFL...

Jesus Christ; I'm going to power-shit confetti when this fucking draft is over...

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2008, 12:35 PM
I could give a **** less about what degree you acquired.

Joakim Noah is better looking than you.

That makes your appearance on scale with... Lorenzo Mata?

I like how you spout garbage, get proven wrong, can't back it up and immediately resort to personal attacks clad with obscenities. I was right on target identifying you as an ignorant dunce.

CoMoChief
12-02-2008, 12:37 PM
That makes your appearance on scale with... Lorenzo Mata?

I like how you spout garbage, get proven wrong, can't back it up and immediately resort to personal attacks clad with obscenities. I was right on target identifying you as an ignorant dunce.

God you owned me. I guess you're the greatest CP poster that ever lived. :rolleyes:

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2008, 12:37 PM
God you owned me. I guess you're the greatest CP poster that ever lived. :rolleyes:

About time you recognize it!

El Jefe
12-02-2008, 12:39 PM

**** you and **** Florida football.

My Idol. Rep to you.

Darth CarlSatan
12-02-2008, 12:41 PM
My Idol. Rep to you.

Is Overrated State going to be doing it's usual bang-up job of pimping product for the BCS regardless of merit this year?

Again?

Too?

Once More?

El Jefe
12-02-2008, 12:42 PM

Easy Dane.....I mean DaK, you fooled me for a minute, you don't want to cross over that line.

El Jefe
12-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Is Overrated State going to be doing it's usual bang-up job of pimping product for the BCS regardless of merit this year?

Again?

Too?

Once More?

Who are you?

kepp
12-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Thigpen >= Tebow

CoMoChief
12-02-2008, 12:50 PM
Thigpen >= Tebow

Brad Smith > Tim Teblows

Demonpenz
12-02-2008, 12:53 PM
For how much tebow does for the community and the fact he is always giving back. It wouldn't surprised if his karma going to help him in every way possible.

El Jefe
12-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Brad Smith > Tim Teblows

Charlie Ward > Tim Tebow

El Jefe
12-02-2008, 12:55 PM
For how much tebow does for the community and the fact he is always giving back. It wouldn't surprised if his karma going to help him in every way possible.

He used up all his Karma when he got his girlfriend. HOT.....

Demonpenz
12-02-2008, 01:01 PM
He used up all his Karma when he got his girlfriend. HOT.....

if you are a dI qb you are going to get a nice looking girlfriend. Look at that donut eating chump at over in columbia missouri

HC_Chief
12-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Tebow may make for a decent NFL TE. QB? Nope.

Darth CarlSatan
12-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Tebow may make for a decent NFL TE. QB? Nope.

Who's Stafford getting pounded by this week?

El Jefe
12-02-2008, 01:06 PM
if you are a dI qb you are going to get a nice looking girlfriend. Look at that donut eating chump at over in columbia missouri

He has a hot girlfriend?

HC_Chief
12-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Who's Stafford getting pounded by this week?

Your mom?

Demonpenz
12-02-2008, 01:13 PM
He has a hot girlfriend?

yeah they are ususally at the pizza place....well she probably dumped him for reesing after this week

Darth CarlSatan
12-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Your mom?

That makes sense; the Tupperware Bowl sounds perfect for him!

HC_Chief
12-02-2008, 01:18 PM
That makes sense; the Tupperware Bowl sounds perfect for him!

Touche! :D

Darth CarlSatan
12-02-2008, 01:21 PM
Touche! :D

It took about 30 seconds, but I WAS mighty proud of that one!:D

Demonpenz
12-02-2008, 01:33 PM
It took about 30 seconds, but I WAS mighty proud of that one!:D

should have thought baseball

Sure-Oz
12-02-2008, 01:38 PM
yeah they are ususally at the pizza place....well she probably dumped him for reesing after this week

Todd can now make her just like Jose Lima's wife

Darth CarlSatan
12-02-2008, 01:39 PM
should have thought baseball

That might work, except for the fact that I NEVER think of the womanly "sport" of base........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

royr17
12-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Tim Tebow is not a NFL Caliber Quarterback.

I would love to see the Chiefs draft Colt McCoy if he goes pro.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-02-2008, 02:17 PM

Colt McCoy is too small, too frail, and too weak armed to be an NFL QB. Add that to the fact that he comes from a spread offense, and he'll be lucky to be picked before the fifth round.

He's not even as good of a prospect as Colt Brennan.

beach tribe
12-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Halarious.

"I want Tebow" "I want Colt McCoy". Why spend a pick on someone who basically equates to the level of Tyler Thigpen.

beach tribe
12-02-2008, 02:23 PM
Colt McCoy is too small, too frail, and too weak armed to be an NFL QB. Add that to the fact that he comes from a spread offense, and he'll be lucky to be picked before the fifth round.

I still think Brennan is going to be a good QB one day.

Demonpenz
12-02-2008, 02:26 PM
i would take colt mccoy, the dude is good

royr17
12-02-2008, 02:28 PM

Ok, how small do you think that McCoy is ?

ChiefsCountry
12-02-2008, 02:32 PM
McCoy isnt a NFL QB. Damn good college QB but will be nothing more than a clipboard holder in the NFL.

CoMoChief
12-02-2008, 02:37 PM
McCoy isnt a NFL QB. Damn good college QB but will be nothing more than a clipboard holder in the NFL.

How so?

El Jefe
12-02-2008, 02:38 PM
i would take colt mccoy, the dude is good

The QB's you like are really blah. I would take Colt in the very late rounds, for competition.

penguinz
12-02-2008, 02:43 PM
http://img.skitch.com/20081202-q6qddtdaam4s2c2ekjdbk9m78b.png

El Jefe
12-02-2008, 02:44 PM
I still think Brennan is going to be a good QB one day.

During pre-season, I said I expected him to take the helm from Campbell is he faltered. Lucky for Campbell he has played good enough to keep his spot. I think Brennan could be pretty good.

El Jefe
12-02-2008, 02:45 PM
http://img.skitch.com/20081202-q6qddtdaam4s2c2ekjdbk9m78b.png

The Lord is my Shepard, he knows what I want.......Mrs. Parker, Mrs.Parker...
Anyway, that's Debow's girl right?

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Ok, how small do you think that McCoy is ?

He'll be lucky to weigh 205 pounds at the combine. Add that to his injury history, the fact that QBs out of the spread are worthless, and he has no experience taking snaps from under center or playing in more than a two read offense, and add THAT to his lack of arm strength, and you have a car dealer, not a quarterback.

He can be a fixture in the Austin community for years, but he won't do shit in any NFL city.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Halarious.

"I want Tebow" "I want Colt McCoy". Why spend a pick on someone who basically equates to the level of Tyler Thigpen.

If a scout looked at Tyler Thigpen, who is a legit 220 with a big arm and very mobile, and Colt McCoy who is probably 195 with a noodle arm and Croyle-esque injury history, they'd go with Thigpen every time.

beach tribe
12-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Everytime I see the thread title in the forum, I cringe.

RustShack
12-02-2008, 03:00 PM

I wouldn't take Tebow, but I would take him over McCoy...

Darth CarlSatan
12-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Go with Thigpen every time.

Finally! Some sanity in the Nut House! You got it Hamas; I'm with you 100%:D

Darth CarlSatan
12-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Everytime I see the thread title in the forum, I cringe.

Fuckin' A.

I posted earlier that I would "shit confetti" when this fucking draft is over.

Demonpenz
12-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Thigpen sucks.

royr17
12-02-2008, 03:08 PM
Colt McCoy is 6-3, 216 lbs

Demonpenz
12-02-2008, 03:09 PM
damn colt mccoy is big boy, that and he is fricking good.

chiefscafan
i'd take him in the second though nothing to lose

Demonpenz
The thing about tebow is you can't measure his heart. When he was in high school there were so many times where I was like damn that kid has heart.

Darth CarlSatan
Thigpen sucks.

BAD PENZ!!!! NO TACO BELL OR MILWAUKEES BEST FOR A WEEK!!!!

Demonpenz
12-02-2008, 03:10 PM

damn that is bigger than most linebackers damn that is big

RustShack
12-02-2008, 03:11 PM

I think your scale is off

Demonpenz
12-02-2008, 03:14 PM

damn i was watching youtube and i don't think the linebackers wanted to get run over :clap: thats a big boy

royr17
12-02-2008, 03:14 PM
I think your scale is off

My Bad. 6-3, 210 lbs.

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mccoy_colt00.html

RustShack
12-02-2008, 03:16 PM
My Bad. 6-3, 210 lbs.

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/mccoy_colt00.html

Even then teams will put players down as bigger than they really are. Happens all the time, unless he grows he will be smaller than that at the combine.

Cornstock
12-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Seriously doubt McCoy is 210. He needs to stay in college another year and get up to a legit 225 if he wants to be amount to anything in the pros.

Like you all said about Tebow, Im not sure if his skills translate to the nfl very well, but his attitude is very consistent with the whole thing that Herm is trying to put together here with the "high character" guys. He sure as hell wouldnt shoot himself in the leg at a club in NY or be pushin bitches down at the local bars.

ChiefsCountry
12-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Here is the thing with Tebow. He has the size (6-3, 230), arm, leadership and he can move to be a darn good qb in the NFL. Trouble is he has been in Urban Meyer's offense - if you can get the right coach to get the spread zone crap out of him, you would have a fine quarterback. If he was at Miami or Florida State in the pro style offense he would be right up there behind Stafford easily.

BigMeatballDave
12-02-2008, 03:40 PM

He's not even as good of a prospect as Colt Brennan.Wow, thats harsh. I agree he's too small. I see nothing wrong with his arm though.

BigMeatballDave
12-02-2008, 03:45 PM
Colt McCoy is 6-3, 216 lbsAccording to Wikipedia, he's 205...

Sure-Oz
12-02-2008, 03:47 PM
Crody Broyle part 2 as thin as Mccoy is

Delano
12-02-2008, 03:54 PM
The Lord is my Shepard, he knows what I want.......Mrs. Parker, Mrs.Parker...
Anyway, that's Debow's girl right?

I think that is Lucy Pinder.

Pinder likes to get naked.

CoMoChief
12-02-2008, 03:54 PM
According to Wikipedia, he's 205...

It MUST be true then.

CoMoChief
12-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Crody Broyle part 2 as thin as Mccoy is

McCoy never had an inj history like Croyle did.

royr17
12-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Isnt Tim Tebow a left handed QB ?

I hate left handed QB's, cause I believe that is the only reason the Chiefs didnt keep David Greene around cause he was a left handed QB.

Delano
12-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Isnt Tim Tebow a left handed QB ?

I hate left handed QB's, cause I believe that is the only reason the Chiefs didnt keep David Greene around cause he was a left handed QB.

What if I told you he wears sleeveless t-shirts. Would that change your opinion?

royr17
12-02-2008, 04:10 PM
I just dont like the idea of drafting a Florida system QB. Who was the last Florida QB that actually did good in the league ?

CoMoChief
12-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Tebow is nothing more than a wet fart stain on your grandmothers couch.

royr17
12-02-2008, 04:13 PM
The problem with a left handed qb is that if we drafted a left handed qb then we would have to move Branden Albert to Right Tackle when he's been playing Left Tackle this year, I dont like that idea.

Delano
12-02-2008, 04:13 PM
I just dont like the idea of drafting a Florida system QB. Who was the last Florida QB that actually did good in the league ?

Are you telling me you don't care for Rex Grossman?

royr17
12-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Tebow is nothing more than a wet fart stain on your grandmothers couch.

Thank You. At least somebody agrees with me.

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2008, 04:14 PM

If that's your logic, who was the last Oklahoma QB to have success in the NFL?

royr17
12-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Are you telling me you don't care for Rex Grossman?

Nope. Sure dont. He's a terrible QB too, I mean come on. Kyle Orton took his job this year, Rex lost his job last year too. Rex Grossman is a terrible NFL quarterback.

royr17
12-02-2008, 04:16 PM
If that's your logic, who was the last Oklahoma QB to have success in the NFL?

Im not impressed with Florida and Oklahoma QB's at all.

El Jefe
12-02-2008, 04:17 PM
I think that is Lucy Pinder.

Pinder likes to get naked.

Really? Anyone Else confirm this?

Delano
12-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Nope. Sure dont. He's a terrible QB too, I mean come on. Kyle Orton took his job this year, Rex lost his job last year too. Rex Grossman is a terrible NFL quarterback.

What about Danny Wuerffel? I bet Danny would take Kyle Orton's job.

ChiefsCountry
12-02-2008, 04:19 PM
The stupidity in this thread keeps getting higher and higher.

DaKCMan AP
12-02-2008, 04:21 PM
The stupidity in this thread keeps getting higher and higher.

Are you surprised? Look at those with the most posts in this thread.

Delano
12-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Really? Anyone Else confirm this?

How about this LINK!?

http://thewizardofodds.blogspot.com/2007/12/clearing-up-tebow-girlfriend-mess.html

royr17
12-02-2008, 04:22 PM
What about Danny Wuerffel? I bet Danny would take Kyle Orton's job.

Danny was a horrible NFL qb too.

royr17
12-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Danny Wuerffel Career Stats

12 TD 22 Ints
2,123 yards passing
56.4 QB Rating

Need I say more ?

Delano
Danny was a horrible NFL qb too.

Hmm.. Steve Spurrier?

royr17
Oh yea and I forgot to mention he played for 4 different teams and only played in the NFL for 7 seasons.

royr17
12-02-2008, 04:26 PM
Hmm.. Steve Spurrier?

Rex Grossman - better qb than Danny, but thats not saying much
Danny - horrendous qb

Steve Spurrier - only college coach, big joke in the NFL.

El Jefe
How about this LINK!?

http://thewizardofodds.blogspot.com/2007/12/clearing-up-tebow-girlfriend-mess.html

Yep that clears it up. Good work my friend.

royr17
Rex Grossman has only had 1 good season in the NFL and that was 2006.

After that he faltered big time.

Demonpenz
12-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Jesse palmer was pretty good

royr17
12-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Jesse who ?

Jesse Palmer was horrible too. He's a college football analyst now. Need I say more ?

Darth CarlSatan
12-02-2008, 04:28 PM
How about this LINK!?

Well I'll sleep better tonight knowing we managed to get THAT world-shaking concern put to rest. :rolleyes:
On the plus side, it was much more informative than the "super-useful" Quarterback Draft-info on this thread.

Delano
12-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Rex Grossman has only had 1 good season in the NFL and that was 2006.

After that he faltered big time.

Chris Leak.

Delano
12-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Jesse who ?

Jesse Palmer was horrible too. He's a college football analyst now. Need I say more ?

Yes, tell me how he performed on the Bachelor.

royr17
12-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Jesse Palmer Career Stats :

3 TD's 4 Int's
562 yards passing
59.8 QB rating

Just keep em coming guys.

Delano
12-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Well I'll sleep better tonight knowing we managed to get THAT world-shaking concern put to rest. :rolleyes:
On the plus side, it was much more informative than the "super-useful" Quarterback Draft-info on this thread.

Happy to help, little guy.

Delano
12-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Just keep em coming guys.

Brian Schottenheimer.

royr17
Yes, tell me how he performed on the Bachelor.

No comment.

Delano
No comment.

Chan Gailey.

royr17
12-02-2008, 04:35 PM
Brian Schottenheimer.

Oh yea. Well he played college football at Kansas and Florida. Backed up Danny, never made it into the pros.

Oh and I forgot to mention he's the friggin son of Marty Shottenheimer.

CoMoChief
12-02-2008, 04:37 PM

Florida has nothing to do with it. Spurrier Zook, and Meyer don't run the same systems do they?

royr17
12-02-2008, 04:37 PM
Chan Gailey.

Ok. This is gettin out of hand.

royr17
12-02-2008, 04:39 PM
Florida has nothing to do with it. Spurrier Zook, and Meyer don't run the same systems do they?

I dont know. But they just dont produce good NFL caliber QB's. Just like Oklahoma and I will feel this way until they do.