Rudy lost the toss
11-30-2008, 02:41 PM
Stoops can stay in college

DeezNutz
11-30-2008, 02:42 PM
Personally, I would love Bill Cowher and have Bob Stoops under him to take over

I am sick of Herm, NO PASSIOn no drive, no desire to win

I HATE herm

For the sake of argument, why in the world would Stoops leave OU to be an assistant in KC? This would never happen.

eazyb81
11-30-2008, 02:43 PM
Remember the rumor a few years ago that we were bringing in Stoops to be head coach?

Basileus777
11-30-2008, 02:43 PM
Let Stoops win a bowl game before we consider him NFL coach material.

Gracie Dean
11-30-2008, 02:44 PM
beside herm, stoops is a monster.

I also like Houston Nutt

chiefs1111
11-30-2008, 02:45 PM
they can both stay far away from here

Brock
11-30-2008, 02:45 PM
College coaches don't cut it in the NFL.

Rausch
11-30-2008, 02:46 PM
Cowher doesn't need to rebuild because he doesn't make $#itty personel decisions in the first place.

Cowher...

WilliamTheIrish
11-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Stoops has won 2 BCS bowls and I believe has had his team in 5 BCS bowls over all. Eight straight Bowls over all.

So the guy wins bowls.

LiL stumppy
11-30-2008, 02:50 PM
Cowher, Stoops can stay right where he is.

milkman
11-30-2008, 02:51 PM
WTF do you myopians want either?

JFC!

DaneMcCloud
11-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Cowher doesn't need to rebuild because he doesn't make $#itty personel decisions in the first place.

Cowher...

Really?

Mike Tomzcak
Kent Graham
Kordell Stewart
Tommy Maddox
Mike Vrabel (releasing him)
Troy Edwards (at #8 overall!)

Yeah, those were ALL great choices. As was letting O'Donnell walk.

:rolleyes:

milkman
11-30-2008, 02:52 PM
For the sake of argument, why in the world would Stoops leave OU to be an assistant in KC? This would never happen.

Myopians don't think before they post.

Actually, they can't think.

WilliamTheIrish
WTF do you myopians want either?

JFC!

I don't want either guy. Just pointing out that Stoops really is a winner even though they've been pretty bad in BCS bowls recently.

PastorMikH
Stoops. He's young, aggressive, does a great job recruiting talent which means he can scout talent, and most of all, he wins.

I think a lot of Cowher, but he's accomplished everything in the NFL, how hungry would he be for more success?

PastorMikH
11-30-2008, 02:54 PM

2000 national champs ring a bell?

Brock
11-30-2008, 02:54 PM
Petrino, Saban, Butch Davis, Spurrier, etc. Dumb idea from every angle.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-30-2008, 02:59 PM

Every College HC making the jump since Jimmy Johnson. Ring a bell?

milkman
11-30-2008, 02:59 PM
I don't want either guy. Just pointing out that Stoops really is a winner even though they've been pretty bad in BCS bowls recently.

I hadn't even read the rest of the thread when I responded, so my post wasn't directed at you.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-30-2008, 03:00 PM
[quote=PastorMikH;5259151]Stoops. He's young, aggressive, does a great job recruiting talent which means he can scout talent, and most of all, he wins./quote]

Butch Davis was a great recruiter at Miami, and one of the worst evaluators of NFL talent ever.

Anyone who thinks that being able to get whoever you want because of your school's "name" is somehow equivalent to maximizing 7 draft picks every year is not dealing in reality whatsoever.

Basileus777
11-30-2008, 03:02 PM

Stoops losing 4 out of his last 5 bowl games, including losing to Boise and getting blown out by USC and WVU rings a bell.

DaneMcCloud
11-30-2008, 03:03 PM
Personally, I would love Bill Cowher and have Bob Stoops under him to take over

I am sick of Herm, NO PASSIOn no drive, no desire to win

I HATE herm

So Pam, why would you want Cowher? It took him 15 years in Pittsburgh to win a Super Bowl, even though he fielded championship defenses nearly every year.

Gracie Dean
11-30-2008, 03:09 PM
So Pam, why would you want Cowher? It took him 15 years in Pittsburgh to win a Super Bowl, even though he fielded championship defenses nearly every year.

he has passion, he wants to win and he is driven

something herm has NOTHING of

DaneMcCloud
11-30-2008, 03:10 PM
he has passion, he wants to win and he is driven

something herm has NOTHING of

That's fucking stupid.

Is that all you have?

JFC.

Basileus777
11-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Lack of passion isn't Herm's problem.

WilliamTheIrish
11-30-2008, 03:12 PM
Dane, what's the image in your avatar?

DaneMcCloud
11-30-2008, 03:13 PM
Dane, what's the image in your avatar?

It's picture I took from a hilltop in my neighborhood. The closest body of water is Lake Hollywood and the far body of water is the Pacific Ocean.

whoman69
11-30-2008, 03:17 PM

He's won a national championship, so he won at least one bowl game.

Skip Towne
11-30-2008, 03:20 PM
Stoops has won 2 BCS bowls and I believe has had his team in 5 BCS bowls over all. Eight straight Bowls over all.

So the guy wins bowls.

Uh, he has lost 5 of his last 6.

WilliamTheIrish
11-30-2008, 03:21 PM
It's picture I took from a hilltop in my neighborhood. The closest body of water is Lake Hollywood and the far body of water is the Pacific Ocean.

That's a great image. Do you have that image you can send me in a PM? I'd like to see it on a larger scale.

PastorMikH
11-30-2008, 03:22 PM
Yep, you guys convinced me. Stoops would be a bad choice. Guess we better keep Herm.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-30-2008, 03:24 PM
Yep, you guys convinced me. Stoops would be a bad choice. Guess we better keep Herm.

Nothing like the false dichotomy of either/or...

Skip Towne
11-30-2008, 03:25 PM

OK. You convinced me. What happened to your little football team?

DaneMcCloud
11-30-2008, 03:27 PM
That's a great image. Do you have that image you can send me in a PM? I'd like to see it on a larger scale.

Thanks, Man! It's on another computer. I'll send it later this evening.

ChiefsCountry
11-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Neither. Lets get Jim Schwartz from Tennessee.

Rausch
11-30-2008, 03:29 PM
Really?

Mike Tomzcak
Kent Graham
Kordell Stewart
Tommy Maddox
Mike Vrabel (releasing him)
Troy Edwards (at #8 overall!)

Yeah, those were ALL great choices. As was letting O'Donnell walk.

:rolleyes:

All were signed/drafted as depth and pushed in due to injury and ineffectiveness.

And in Pitt, they all shined.

Garbage, like that, Cowher made shine. And releasing Vrabel was not a mistake. Are they, and have they been, hurting at LB?

All the more reason to hire him...

WilliamTheIrish
11-30-2008, 03:30 PM
Uh, he has lost 5 of his last 6.

Uh.....Anybody would kill to have that record. Overall he's 4-5 in bowl games with 5 BCS appearances.

ChiefsCountry
Cowher is Marty Jr. Been there done that. Geez people.

DaneMcCloud
If I were interviewing candidates for a head coaching position, I'd look for a coach that wants an attacking offense and solid 4-3 base defense. No cover 2.

Gracie Dean
11-30-2008, 03:31 PM
Cowher is 100X better than Marty

I would take him tomorrow

and it would spark the team instantly

DaneMcCloud
11-30-2008, 03:33 PM
All were signed/drafted as depth and pushed in due to injury and ineffectiveness.

And in Pitt, they all shined.

Garbage, like that, Cowher made shine. And releasing Vrabel was not a mistake. Are they, and have they been, hurting at LB?

All the more reason to hire him...

Sorry, I call bullshit.

Cowher didn't win a Super Bowl until he finally relinquinshed the idea that he could win with scrub QB's and finally invested in a first round QB.

He had the Marty philosophy at QB forever. Tough defense and plug in any QB as a "game manager". He didn't even start Rothlisberger to start the season - he was forced due to injury to Maddox.

PastorMikH
11-30-2008, 03:35 PM
OK. You convinced me. What happened to your little football team?

You mean my little team that has more state championship trophies than both of your tulsa power-houses put together? We didn't get a home field advantage on a "Neutral Field" like you're team did.

Skip Towne
11-30-2008, 03:36 PM
You mean my little team that has more state championship trophies than both of your tulsa powerhouses put together? We didn't get a home field advantage on a "Neutral Field".

Did Sequoia kick your butt again?

PastorMikH
11-30-2008, 03:38 PM
Did Sequoia kick your butt again?

Not exactly, I'd say that got lucky - REAL lucky.

:)

Rausch
11-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Sorry, I call bullshit.

Cowher didn't win a Super Bowl until he finally relinquinshed the idea that he could win with scrub QB's and finally invested in a first round QB.

He had the Marty philosophy at QB forever. Tough defense and plug in any QB as a "game manager". He didn't even start Rothlisberger to start the season - he was forced due to injury to Maddox.

Wrong.

Cowher didn't win a SB until he starfish punched the GM and gained control over players/personel. The Roth was a Chin pick all the way.

The GM from the 90's he was stuck with also got $#itcanned by Buffalo IIRC.

He didn't need to start the Roth. Maddox came out and played at a probowl level the year before.

I suppose you're trying to say that winning a super bowl, with 3 playoff road games, with a rookie QB, is an argument against Cowher?...

Skip Towne
11-30-2008, 03:40 PM
Not exactly, I'd say that got lucky - REAL lucky.

:)

They mentioned it on TV but I missed the score and particulars.

PastorMikH
11-30-2008, 03:46 PM
They mentioned it on TV but I missed the score and particulars.

We lossed by 3. Game was tied SC had the ball last, kicked a FG with 2 seconds left to win. Final score was something like 38-41.

Honestly, from the radio broadcast it sounded like we didn't play at the level we are capable of. We had 4-5 turnovers. Probably did pretty good to have the game tied in the last minute with all those mistakes.

Over-confidence can be a problem with our players at times. Thumping one of the best teams on the east side of the state last week by 58 points probably added to the over-confidence.

Sequoia-Claremore has knocked us out of the state playoffs 2 out of the last 3 years. Hopefully the next time we play our team remembers that.

sportsman1
11-30-2008, 03:47 PM
beside herm, stoops is a monster.

I also like Houston Nutt

As a hog fan all I can say is...

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

blueballs
11-30-2008, 03:52 PM
A film montage of Herm's Chief clock management blunders
should be posted all over NFL message boards
and soccer boards

Gracie Dean
11-30-2008, 04:09 PM
A film montage of Herm's Chief clock management blunders
should be posted all over NFL message boards
and soccer boards

No shit

I HATE HERM

DaneMcCloud
11-30-2008, 04:10 PM
Wrong.

Cowher didn't win a SB until he starfish punched the GM and gained control over players/personel. The Roth was a Chin pick all the way.

The GM from the 90's he was stuck with also got $#itcanned by Buffalo IIRC.

He didn't need to start the Roth. Maddox came out and played at a probowl level the year before.

I suppose you're trying to say that winning a super bowl, with 3 playoff road games, with a rookie QB, is an argument against Cowher?...

Dude, Donohoe left Pittsburgh, as did his right hand man, Tom Modrak back in 2000. Kevin Colbert came from Detroit. At NO time did Cowher have control of the personnel.

Additionally, Rothlisberger wasn't a rookie when they won the Super Bowl.

Micjones
11-30-2008, 04:17 PM
Cowher for my money.

College coaches struggle mightily in the NFL.

DaneMcCloud
11-30-2008, 04:18 PM

I can't PM an attachment.

Ultra Peanut
11-30-2008, 04:18 PM
Some combination of the two would be ideal. A Sheryl Swoopes, if you will.

Rausch
11-30-2008, 04:21 PM
Dude, Donohoe left Pittsburgh, as did his right hand man, Tom Modrak back in 2000. Kevin Colbert came from Detroit.

And they've done what since?...

At NO time did Cowher have control of the personnel.

Wrong.

Shortly after Donohoe left his draft day input greatly increased (see also Herm/Peterson.)

Additionally, Rothlisberger wasn't a rookie when they won the Super Bowl.

True, I was wrong.

As a first year starter 13-0. 14-1 including playoffs.

Then the SB.

Cowher won a playoff game with a rookie, then a SB with a 2ND YEAR signal caller.

We haven't won a playoff game without Joe fucking Montana.

At this point I'll take the Chin, the spittle, and the risk over Herm...

DaneMcCloud
11-30-2008, 04:23 PM
At this point I'll take the Chin, the spittle, and the risk over Herm...

Well, to each his own.

I'd avoid Cowher at all costs. I'm afraid he'd be like George Seifert II.

Rausch
11-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Well, to each his own.

I'd avoid Cowher at all costs. I'm afraid he'd be like George Seifert II.

Well, I'm guessing it's not due to Cowher taking over a loaded team ready to win and underachieving for years.