PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Thiggy gets first win!!!

petegz28
11-30-2008, 05:12 PM
Gratz to the kid. Played through the pick and kept his poise.

Baconeater
11-30-2008, 05:13 PM
Jinx.

Count Zarth
Russell pretty much gifted him the win. Thigpen was pedestrian today.

David.
eh, he looked his worst since the atlanta game today. I'd say this was more a raiders loss than a thiggy win. Not to be a debbie downer or anything.

Mecca
Thigpen is getting worse actually...

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-30-2008, 05:14 PM
This offense has regressed in every game since Tampa.

blueballs
11-30-2008, 05:15 PM
BITCHES
WILL BE
BONED

milkman
Yep, the Chiefs won, but Thigpen looked pretty shaky.

petegz28
Only on the planet could people bitch about a win!

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-30-2008, 05:16 PM

You don't understand what a Pyrrhic victory is, do you?

Baconeater
There goes our draft position! Damnit Carl!

Micjones
Thigpen struggled a bit today. I have to be honest about that.
I think he rebounded nicely, but this definitely wasn't a banner day.
He's going to make the decision to draft a QB early easier if this kind of play continues.

Mecca
11-30-2008, 05:17 PM
This win means exactly nothing, other than it just dropped us 4 spots in the draft, celebrate that.

JuicesFlowing
Kudos to the defense. Seriously.

Coach
This win means exactly nothing, other than it just dropped us 4 spots in the draft, celebrate that.

Get over it.

Micjones
11-30-2008, 05:18 PM
I don't think wins are ever entirely without merit.

This team needed a little confidence.
These young guys need to learn how to win these kinds of games.

High draft picks alone won't fix this team.

BigChiefFan
That's more than Croyle can say.

David.

Oh god, how could a REAL fan say anything bad about a 2-10 team.

Great Job Herm! Here's to your 5 year extension!

petegz28

And if we had lost you would of bitched about losing.

STFU

JuicesFlowing
11-30-2008, 05:19 PM

No, I hate Oakland, I cheered for this win. I'm glad Tony didn't get traded too. Jesus Christ.

Fruit Ninja
It means he did what Brodie couldnt do.

He was average. Blocking was shit again. He had to scramble way to much. He made some high throws, but still he did ok. Raiders are a horrible team, but so are the Chiefs, and we have a worse record then them.

royr17
What you gotta say about that Claythan ?

Hahahahaha .... Tyler Thigpen is a better QB than Brodie Croyle.

petegz28
The kid is playing in his what, 8th game? And some of you expect him not to be shaky? How else is he going to learn?

JuicesFlowing
11-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Ask the Lions how important draft position is.

DaFace
eh, he looked his worst since the atlanta game today. I'd say this was more a raiders loss than a thiggy win. Not to be a debbie downer or anything.

Apparently you missed the game last week.

Mecca
And if we had lost you would of bitched about losing.

STFU

Really? I would have?

I think you need to stick to your thought that Tyler Thigpen rules...that alone is funny but trying to branch out isn't working.

blueballs
MLB FTW

Mecca

Um turning the ball over 3 times including a pick 6 is not a good performance.

Tribal Warfare
The kid is playing in his what, 8th game? And some of you expect him not to be shaky? How else is he going to learn?

and he threw one int, but should've had 3

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-30-2008, 05:21 PM
I don't think wins are ever entirely without merit.

Yeah, because Corey Dillon was clearly a loser when he spent all that time in Cincy and then went to New England.

Fuck. We just dropped 3-4 spots IN EVERY ROUND. This is a fucking disaster. If we had totally shit the bed, the chances of Herm leaving (albeit remote) would have gone up exponentially.

StcChief
There goes our draft position! Damnit Carl!
ok so now we are ahead of Cincy.....with them at the end of the year.

Coach

Let's see. Throwing three INT's and one being a pick six, plus a fumble from last week to today's just one INT.

Sure looks to be improvement to me, any way you want to slice it.

petegz28

Big deal....just about every QB gets away with a couple of bad throws every game.

luv

We're 6-0 in Raider Land. I'll settle for that.

DaFace

That's my point. Last game was far worse than this one.

Mecca
11-30-2008, 05:22 PM

That wouldn't happen if some of you all wouldn't act like he's the 2nd coming or better than any of the QB's in college.

petegz28
Let's see. Throwing three INT's and one being a pick six from last week to today's just one INT.

Sure looks to be improvement to me, any way you want to slice it.

And his pick today was the right rad, TG was open..he just didn't set his feet and throw.....threw it high.

JASONSAUTO

shouldve couldve wouldve who gives a shit.

Mecca
We're 6-0 in Raider Land. I'll settle for that.

Ok so we won the retard fight today?

Deberg_1990

Rejoice. We probably have one more win coming on the last game of the year at Cinci. That team has given up.

luv
11-30-2008, 05:23 PM
Ok so we won the retard fight today?

It would appear so.

Sure-Oz
Winning this is like beating up Timmaaay from southpark

petegz28
That wouldn't happen if some of you all wouldn't act like he's the 2nd coming or better than any of the QB's in college.

Dude, I'm just saying the kid is good enough to start. We are not going to draft a QB who is going to come in and take us straight to the playoffs. Thigy has shown he is just as capable as most other rookies and some cases...more so. He just needs playing time and a real QB coach.

milkman

But his point still stands.

Thigpen's play last week was worse than this week.

JASONSAUTO
11-30-2008, 05:24 PM

well you act as though college guys are sure fire pro bowl nflers

petegz28
Winning this is like beating up Timmaaay from southpark

You would rather say Timmaaayyy, kicked your ass? ROFL

UteChief
Bo Toasty looks scarily like Michael Jackson. May want to fix that Mecca.

JASONSAUTO
Dude, I'm just saying the kid is good enough to start. We are not going to draft a QB who is going to come in and take us straight to the playoffs. Thigy has shown he is just as capable as most other rookies and some cases...more so. He just needs playing time and a real QB coach.

THIS QFT

Coach
11-30-2008, 05:25 PM
But his point still stands.

Thigpen's play last week was worse than this week.

Don't bother. If he was smart as he advertised himself to be, he would have acknowledged that Thigpen's performance, while still needing improvement, was an improvement from the previous game to today's game.

Honestly, I expected better from him, but he seems to be all hell bent on wanting Stafford.

Tribal Warfare
shouldve couldve wouldve who gives a shit.

Yay, for a below average QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David.

No actually I did watch it, and he moved the ball quite well last week. Yeah there were some turnovers, but alot of those were from great plays by the bills defense. This week thigpen threw not only a pick 6(basically) that put the raiders right back in the game(and damn near a couple of other gifts), but looked incredibly shaky as soon as a bit of pressure was applied.

Mecca
well you act as though college guys are sure fire pro bowl nflers

I'm not going to remotely discuss Tyler Thigpen with you.

JASONSAUTO
11-30-2008, 05:26 PM
Don't bother. If he was smart as he advertised himself to be, he would have acknowledged that Thigpen's performance, while still needing improvement, was an improvement from the previous game to today's game.

Honestly, I expected better from him, but he seems to be all hell bent on wanting Stafford.

no he didnt pick thigpen from day 1 so now thigpen will NEVER be good enough

Mecca

Ah yes I'm retarded now.....thanks.

petegz28

I thought today he had more pressure in his face....sometimes he made a bad decision but most of the time he made the right ones, i.e. tuck it and run or just take the sack.

Micjones
11-30-2008, 05:27 PM
****. We just dropped 3-4 spots IN EVERY ROUND. This is a ****ing disaster. If we had totally shit the bed, the chances of Herm leaving (albeit remote) would have gone up exponentially.

The season isn't exactly over yet so nothing is set in stone as far as draft position is concerned.

Besides, a staff ought to be plenty good enough to identify playmakers regardless of where they are taken.

Falling a few spots in the draft might actually put us in better position to draft a MLB. Or a DE.

One win won't make the difference in whether or not Edwards stays on as Head Coach. If today's game was that important to Hunt's decision Edwards would stay on anyway.

Coach
11-30-2008, 05:27 PM

Please provide evidence where I said the word "retard".

JASONSAUTO
11-30-2008, 05:28 PM
Yay, for a below average QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well they showed a stat that since week 8 thigpen LED the NFL in tds, and today brees pulled one ahead, thats pretty below average to me:rolleyes: once again you should stick to" i dont like the guy"

Fruit Ninja
11-30-2008, 05:28 PM
He's an NFL scout, he knows what he's talking about. He's always right in his mind. Its his way or no way.

He just wants Stafford. I dont know why. With Herm being the coach for the next 2-3 years its just not good for the kid. he needs a chance to shine. Herm is not that coach for him. Hell, it would even be more funny if Stafford pulled a Eli and said there's no way i am going to K.C hah

Coach
11-30-2008, 05:29 PM
Yeah, because Corey Dillon was clearly a loser when he spent all that time in Cincy and then went to New England.

Fuck. We just dropped 3-4 spots IN EVERY ROUND. This is a fucking disaster. If we had totally shit the bed, the chances of Herm leaving (albeit remote) would have gone up exponentially.

I want Herm gone, don't get me wrong on that. I do want him gone. The key here, as I been saying, that if everybody wants Stafford, the Lions needed to win at least two games for the Chiefs to have the top pick.

Unfortunately, the Lions appear are not going to win a game this year, and it looks like Stafford will be gone by the time the Lions are up. Even with a 2 to 5, you still can get good quality player. Dorsey was a 5th pick, FWIW.

chasedude
11-30-2008, 05:30 PM
Gratz to the Kid, I hope this helps his confidence and improves his play.

JASONSAUTO
I'm not going to remotely discuss Tyler Thigpen with you.

then why post in a thigpen thread? especially when he won today(killing one of the stafford club's points)

Mecca

Go right ahead, I enjoy the implication, when I factor in alot of the posters around here when people call me things I crack up...alot of the takes around here are laughable to begin with.

Tribal Warfare
11-30-2008, 05:31 PM
well they showed a stat that since week 8 thigpen LED the NFL in tds, and today brees pulled one ahead, thats pretty below average to me:rolleyes: once again you should stick to" i dont like the guy"

Christ, this guy has just been found out. He had 1 play picked, two others dropped. OOh yeah he's QBOTF material. This is really reminding me of the Grbackers of the late 90's

JASONSAUTO
11-30-2008, 05:31 PM
Go right ahead, I enjoy the implication, when I factor in alot of the posters around here when people call me things I crack up...alot of the takes around here are laughable to begin with.

once again proved a LIAR

OnTheWarpath58
11-30-2008, 05:32 PM

:spock:

JASONSAUTO
11-30-2008, 05:32 PM
Christ, this guy has just been found out. He had 1 play picked, two others dropped. OOh yeah he's QBOTF material. This is really reminding me of the Grbackers of the late 90's

oh shit they "found out peyton manning too, he had 2 ints today" SHUT THE FUCK UP so you're saying that if we draft a qb #1 he will NEVER FUCK UP?

Coach
11-30-2008, 05:33 PM

I'm still waiting for the evidence. It appears to me that you don't have any evidence at all.

My point being, can you, as a FOOTBALL FAN, acknowledge that Thigpen's performance from LAST GAME to THIS GAME, was considered an improvement?

It is just a simple yes or no question. That's all there is to it.

petegz28

how many passes each game did Huard get lucky on? At least 2-3.

STFU

You know nothing of football outside of video games, this I am convinced of.

Coach
:spock:

Welcome to the party.

Tribal Warfare
11-30-2008, 05:34 PM
oh shit they "found out peyton manning too, he had 2 ints today" SHUT THE FUCK UP

Nice! Well thought out rebuttal their kid

JASONSAUTO
11-30-2008, 05:34 PM
how many passes each game did Huard get lucky on? At least 2-3.

STFU

as of right now i am too

JASONSAUTO
11-30-2008, 05:35 PM

whose kid? you stupid fucker it's "there" come correct or STFU

petegz28

so it's ok for manning to throw 2 pics a game but not for Thiggy to throw 1? ROFL

Mecca
I think Jason has the football knowledge of my sister....

Fruit Ninja
11-30-2008, 05:36 PM
Folks built up their Madden teams to be powerhouses. They must know how to do it in the NFL. lol

JASONSAUTO

funny how all you respond to is me. i'm the ONLY guy who thinks this way huh?:rolleyes:

Tribal Warfare
so it's ok for manning to throw 2 pics a game but not for Thiggy to throw 1? ROFL

What did I say before the game? That they were jumping his routes, and they jumping them again. The Raiders just dropped two of them

luv
11-30-2008, 05:37 PM

You correcting someone else's grammar is ironic.

JASONSAUTO
11-30-2008, 05:37 PM

yeah, thats the way these guys act. dont use comparisons, dont use stats, how the hell do you judge players then?

Mecca
11-30-2008, 05:38 PM
funny how all you respond to is me. i'm the ONLY guy who thinks this way huh?:rolleyes:

Nah you remind me of KCJ and that crowd.

JASONSAUTO
You correcting someone else's grammar is ironic.

really, i dont punctuate but i always spell correctly

Bob Dole
He's still no Jay Cutler: The Bestest QB Evar in teh Entire Universe.

Tribal Warfare

Stupid fucker, what are you 13 years old?

David.
I'm still waiting for the evidence. It appears to me that you don't have any evidence at all.

My point being, can you, as a FOOTBALL FAN, acknowledge that Thigpen's performance from LAST GAME to THIS GAME, was considered an improvement?

It is just a simple yes or no question. That's all there is to it.

I really don't see the big improvement...he would have matched the buffalo games int amount if Wilson hadn't headbutted the ball out of his own hands. He gave up ANOTHER pick that was returned to the endzone. He at least threw 3 touchdowns in the buffalo game and looked great in the first quarter and a half. I just don't see the cut and dry improvement.

JASONSAUTO
11-30-2008, 05:39 PM
What did I say before the game? That they were jumping his routes, and they jumping them again. The Raiders just dropped two of them

yeah AND they are a top 10 pass d right?

petegz28

You're an idiot. His pick was overthrown. Same with the others. No one jumped a route.

And btw...the defense gets paid too......fuckinng tard....STFU

JASONSAUTO
Stupid fucker, what are you 13 years old?

no but thats what you are making yourself seem like

petegz28
11-30-2008, 05:40 PM
I really don't see the big improvement...he would have matched the buffalo games int amount if Wilson hadn't headbutted the ball out of his own hands. He gave up ANOTHER pick that was returned to the endzone. He at least threw 3 touchdowns in the buffalo game and looked great in the first quarter and a half. I just don't see the cut and dry improvement.

Maybe he should of told the coach to fuck off and passed for the TD instead of handing off to LJ?

Tribal Warfare

Really how's that?

Mecca

I'm going to side with Tribal on this you tend to come off as 13 quite often.

Tribal Warfare
11-30-2008, 05:41 PM
You're an idiot. His pick was overthrown. Same with the others. No one jumped a route.

And btw...the defense gets paid too......fuckinng tard....STFU

How about the other two they dropped? Thigpeninites, the new Grbackers.

Coach
11-30-2008, 05:41 PM

Fair enough, and that's all I was asking from Mecca. For some reason, he just choose not to answer my question. And yes, I agree with your assessment that there should had been at least another INT or 2. But we can't play the "what if" game. That's not how it works.

Yes, he threw 3 TD's in Buffalo game, but that did not result a W.
He didn't throw a TD in today's game, but he made it up with his ground game, and it resulted a W.

If we were to ask Tyler this question, I would bet that he would take today's line, which resulted a win, over the Buffalo (or the Jets/Tampa game for that matter) game, which did not result a win.

milkman
11-30-2008, 05:42 PM

I really hate to agree with you, but on this, I think you might be spot on.

JASONSAUTO
11-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Really how's that?

by every week saying SOMETHING negative just because you dont like someone, hell i'm not the first TODAY to say somewhat the same thing about you. same argument no matter what changes.

Mecca
11-30-2008, 05:43 PM
Fair enough, and that's all I was asking from Mecca. For some reason, he just choose not to answer my question. And yes, I agree with your assessment that there should had been at least another INT or 2. But we can't play the "what if" game. That's not how it works.

He didn't throw a TD in today's game, but he made it up with his ground game, and it resulted a W.

If we were to ask Tyler this question, I would bet that he would take today's line, which resulted a win, over the Buffalo (or the Jets/Tampa game for that matter) game, which did not result a win.

Ok that's nice and all but I don't exactly think he played well in either game.

milkman
Stupid ****er, what are you 13 years old?

Pot, meet kettle.

JASONSAUTO
I'm going to side with Tribal on this you tend to come off as 13 quite often.

well mecca you come off as an egomaniac ALL THE TIME

petegz28
How about the other two the dropped? Thigpeninites, the new Grbackers.

Dude that is football. Every QB has a couple passes that "should of been picked" every game.

You obviously know nothing of REAL football. Go back to your XBOX.

I'll take Thigy's ugly win over his pretty losses any day.

JASONSAUTO
Ok that's nice and all but I don't exactly think he played well in ANYgame.

FYP

Coach
11-30-2008, 05:44 PM

You're missing the point. He showed improvement from the Buffalo game to the Oakland game.

That's the point I'm getting to.

BigMeatballDave
I'm still not sold on him. He needs to start kicking ass, or sucking BAD.

Tribal Warfare
by every week saying SOMETHING negative just because you dont like someone, hell i'm not the first TODAY to say somewhat the same thing about you. same argument no matter what changes.

Even though I provide evidence and predict what will happen during the game that actually transpires. How do you justify your logic?

JASONSAUTO
Dude that is football. Every QB has a couple passes that "should of been picked" every game.

watch almost ANY game and this is true

petegz28
11-30-2008, 05:45 PM
This offense has moved better and scored more points with Thigy than we have in the last two years.

So all of you Thigy-haters can suck it!!!!

ROFL

Rausch
11-30-2008, 05:45 PM

So our starting QB DIDN'T play well and we still won?

I'd say that's dramatic improvement, even vs. the Fade...

JASONSAUTO
11-30-2008, 05:46 PM
Even though I provide evidence and predict what will happen during the game that actually transpires. How do you justify your logic?

easy to predict that a TOP 10 PASS D will have some success against a first year starting QB, wow you should go to vegas call yourself "THE GREAT PROGNISTICATOR"

petegz28
I'm still not sold on him. He needs to start kicking ass, or sucking BAD.

Imagine having a decent O-line and giving him some protection?

David.

I see what you're getting at but I think the win came more from the ineptitude of Oakland today and the improvement of the defense. If Tyler could become a consistent "winner" I could care less about his stats. This game seems more like a case that Choakland is filled with losers to me. But hey I don't get paid to scout players I just call it like I see it.

milkman
11-30-2008, 05:47 PM

He didn't play well in either game.
But he made some plays today that contrbuted to a win.

He's not a QBoTF, but you can't just ignore the fact that he didn't cost the Chiefs the game today, and it certainly can be argued that his mistakes did cost the Chiefs last week.

That is improvement, any way you slice it.

Tribal Warfare

Did you notice how the Coaches started using the option after that 2nd drop? Yeah, my critism is real harsh evenm when the coaching staff is noticing that Thigpen was falling apart.

JASONSAUTO
Imagine having a decent O-line and giving him some protection?

the kid was under constant pressure all day long

Mecca
well mecca you come off as an egomaniac ALL THE TIME

Cool!

Coach
11-30-2008, 05:48 PM
I see what you're getting at but I think the win came more from the ineptitude of Oakland today and the improvement of the defense. If Tyler could become a consistent "winner" I could care less about his stats. This game seems more like a case that Choakland is filled with losers to me. But hey I don't get paid to scout players I just call it like I see it.

A win, is a win, any way you want to slice it. And Milkman pretty much nailed it on the spot.

Tyler could have been a consistent "winner" if he had a defense that could actually stop somebody (see Jets and Tampa game)

milkman
11-30-2008, 05:49 PM

No, you don't provide shit.

You change your tune every time somthing changes then come back and say "I told you".

petegz28
Did you notice how the Coaches started using the option after that 2nd drop? Yeah, my critism is real harsh evenm when the coaching staff is noticing that Thigpen was falling apart.

You mean they didn't want to overload a QB in his 9th game ever?

WOW!

You're a regular fucking Einstein. :)

Your criticizm is nothing more than biased bitching and whining and terribly ignorant examples and analogies.

JASONSAUTO

but yet you gloss over the confidence the coaches had when up 7 3rd and 3 we THROW the ball to run out the clock. yeah herm wouldve done THAT 6 weeks ago

Tribal Warfare
easy to predict that a TOP 10 PASS D will have some success against a first year starting QB, wow you should go to vegas call yourself "THE GREAT PROGNISTICATOR"

Yep, like I said he'll continue to spiral downard. He'll definitely get picked again during the Denver game because of jumped routes.

JASONSAUTO
11-30-2008, 05:50 PM
Yep, like I said he'll continue to spiral. He'll definitely get picked again during the Denver game because of jumped routes.

ROFL you are fucking hilarious

Tribal Warfare
11-30-2008, 05:51 PM
You mean they didn't want to overload a QB in his 9th game ever?

WOW!

You're a regular fucking Einstein. :)

Your criticizm is nothing more than biased bitching and whining and terribly ignorant examples and analogies.

Thigpeninites have found there savior, even though the regression is taking place with the spread/option QB KC has at the helm.

petegz28
11-30-2008, 05:52 PM
Thigpeninites have found there savior, even though the regression is taking place with the spread/option QB KC has at the helm.

What you call regression, most people would call the process of developing a QB.

JASONSAUTO
What you call regression, most people would call the process of developing a QB.

REP

Tribal Warfare

developing a QB out of the college option/spread? Puhlease!!!!!!

Rausch

He's earned the right to be more than a 3rd string/practice squad guy.

The only person stretching beyond that is you...

luv
11-30-2008, 05:53 PM

That would be because KC has never developed one.

JASONSAUTO

who told you that?

petegz28

We have played better than we did prior too......

Sorry..once again the facts are against you.

orange
11-30-2008, 05:54 PM
Yep, like I said he'll continue to spiral downard. He'll definitely get picked again during the Denver game because of jumped routes.

Don't count on it. Our secondary can't catch rain water with a bucket.

... But, they're saying Champ may be back.

Tribal Warfare
He's earned the right to be more than a 3rd string/practice squad guy.

The only person stretching beyond that is you...

backup yes, starter negative on that one.

luv
who told you that?

Who have we developed?

JASONSAUTO
11-30-2008, 05:55 PM
Who have we developed?

didnt say you were wrong did i? just asked who told you

Tuckdaddy
11-30-2008, 05:55 PM
Yep, the Chiefs won, but Thigpen looked pretty shaky.

Maybe he didn't light it up in yardage or td's but the Faiders have a good defense, especially against the pass. Favre, Delhome and Cutler last week struggled hard to pass on them.

he found a way to lead the team by example, move the chains and win. Not a great day for him statistacly but his legs won the game in the 3rd. Not to mention Tony killing the Faider once again.

I do admit our defense is very lucky Russell can't hit the broad side of a barn with a football. We played the run pretty well today but our non existant pass rush is killing this defense most of all.

petegz28
11-30-2008, 05:56 PM
So now Thigy is the only rookie QB to have defenses jumping his routes?

Claythan, you are indeed the most prophetic person when it comes to the entire concept of idiocy and what it is to be an idiot.

luv
11-30-2008, 05:56 PM
didnt say you were wrong did i? just asked who told you

I'm able to research things and come to logical conclusions, contrary to popular belief.

JASONSAUTO
11-30-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm able to research things and come to logical conclusions, contrary to popular belief.

maybe but on this one you're just repeating what others have said

luv
11-30-2008, 05:58 PM
maybe but on this one you're just repeating what others have said

I've said this for longer than you've been here.

JASONSAUTO
11-30-2008, 06:00 PM
I've said this for longer than you've been here.

and you've been a fan since what 00-01? who have we TRIED to develop since then?

petegz28
11-30-2008, 06:01 PM
The Chiefs have not tried to develop a QB since well before I can remember. I mean since Marty it has been the FA express, DeBerg, Kreig, Montana, Bono, Gbac, Green, Huard

luv
11-30-2008, 06:04 PM
and you've been a fan since what 00-01? who have we TRIED to develop since then?

The only person I can think of that we drafted and tried to develop is Brody.

petegz28
11-30-2008, 06:06 PM
The only person I can think of that we drafted and tried to develop is Brody.

That would be correct. And now Thigy.

Lonewolf Ed
11-30-2008, 06:07 PM

Well, he and the rest of the team, each time they play, they are to get better and better and better until they flawlessly execute each and every play, right?

luv
11-30-2008, 06:07 PM

Although we didn't draft him.

JASONSAUTO
11-30-2008, 06:08 PM

seems like thigpen is developing

JASONSAUTO
11-30-2008, 06:10 PM
Although we didn't draft him.

you get brainwashed by people with the "you have to draft the guy" it doesnt matter where he came from. he's young lets give him a shot

luv
11-30-2008, 06:11 PM
you get brainwashed by people with the "you have to draft the guy" it doesnt matter where he came from. he's young lets give him a shot

I said it was ironic you corrected someone's grammar, not that I didn't agree that Thigpen is developing.

JASONSAUTO
11-30-2008, 06:14 PM

I said it was ironic you corrected someone's grammar, not that I didn't agree that Thigpen is developing.

thats why comments were directed at you

milkman
11-30-2008, 06:15 PM
Maybe he didn't light it up in yardage or td's but the Faiders have a good defense, especially against the pass. Favre, Delhome and Cutler last week struggled hard to pass on them.

he found a way to lead the team by example, move the chains and win. Not a great day for him statistacly but his legs won the game in the 3rd. Not to mention Tony killing the Faider once again.

I do admit our defense is very lucky Russell can't hit the broad side of a barn with a football. We played the run pretty well today but our non existant pass rush is killing this defense most of all.

Here's the thing.

I see some things that concern me about Thigpen, and he has to show improvement in a lot of areas to be considered a QB that can lead a team into the playoffs and beyond.

He also does some good things that I, unlike others, am willing to acknowledge.

I'm not going to give him props for playing a great game, because he didn't.

But I'm also not going to critisize him unfairly.

ChiefsCountry
11-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Thigpen keeps getting worse actually. Teams have film on him now.

luv
11-30-2008, 06:16 PM
thats why comments were directed at you

I'm failing to get your point.

Mecca
11-30-2008, 06:17 PM
Thigpen keeps getting worse actually. Teams have film on him now.

That has to do with the gimmick offense....

JASONSAUTO
11-30-2008, 06:17 PM
I'm failing to get your point.

you're throwing the grammar comment out now when it has nothing to do with what we were talking about

FringeNC
11-30-2008, 06:18 PM
Since the Jets game, the Chiefs are getting more than can be expected, given the right 3/5 of the line. Somebody is responsible for that -- be it Gailey, Thigpen or combination of the two of them.

Count Zarth
11-30-2008, 06:18 PM
Teams will probably start spying him now. He can't just rely on his legs every week.

luv
11-30-2008, 06:19 PM
you're throwing the grammar comment out now when it has nothing to do with what we were talking about

My bad, then. I didn't see why you were attempting to discredit me whenever I never said I didn't agree with you. I thought maybe it was because I made the grammar comment.

JASONSAUTO
11-30-2008, 06:20 PM
My bad, then. I didn't see why you were attempting to discredit me whenever I never said I didn't agree with you. I thought maybe it was because I made the grammar comment.

no i just feel as though thigpen IS developing, which with the coaches contributing to it is astounding

OnTheWarpath58
11-30-2008, 06:20 PM
Here's the thing.

I see some things that concern me about Thigpen, and he has to show improvement in a lot of areas to be considered a QB that can lead a team into the playoffs and beyond.

WHAT?

You grab a pitchfork, NOW.

JASONSAUTO
11-30-2008, 06:22 PM
Teams will probably start spying him now. He can't just rely on his legs every week.

that might just open up the passing lanes again, see thats the good thing about his running ability.
The past couple of weeks teams would tee off on the pass, now with lj contributing some AND the threat of thigpen's legs COUPLED with the way TG is playing like a beast the passes should start to go to the WRS once again. teams cant stop it all

Count Zarth
11-30-2008, 06:24 PM
that might just open up the passing lanes again, see thats the good thing about his running ability.

Please. He's not that good.

milkman
11-30-2008, 06:24 PM
no i just feel as though thigpen IS developing, which with the coaches contributing to it is astounding

I think there is legitimate concern about teams getting film and seeing Thigpen, and finding ways to neutralize what he does well.

This is why it becomes imperative, for lack of a better word, for him to develop as a QB that can run from under center, or line up in the spread.

MIAdragon
11-30-2008, 06:25 PM

How do YOU know?

luv
11-30-2008, 06:25 PM

But he could be.

Count Zarth
11-30-2008, 06:26 PM
But he could be.

Saying his running is going to open up passing lanes if teams spy him is putting him in the class of Vick and McNabb as far as running quarterbacks go. He's not nearly that dangerous.

JASONSAUTO
11-30-2008, 06:28 PM

he hit the WRs for a couple of weeks, now Tg a couple of weeks throwing in some running, now teams have to go towards that so the pass opens back up. all that matters now is getting the playcalling to take advantage of it

JASONSAUTO
11-30-2008, 06:29 PM

Saying his running is going to open up passing lanes if teams spy him is putting him in the class of Vick and McNabb as far as running quarterbacks go. He's not nearly that dangerous.

YOU said teams would spy, so that would take a defender out of the pass defense right?

ThaVirus
11-30-2008, 06:30 PM
Here's the thing.

I have to say I like what I've seen from him so far. He's the most promising young QB that we've seen play for this team since.. Ever maybe ? Most definately since I've been a fan. It may just be the "gimmick offense" or lack of film to study, but you can't discredit his production so far.

He seems to get a little too rattled in the face of an oncoming defender and tends to just lob it up, hoping Tony G will come down with it somehow. I saw it a couple times today and it really stuck out. Sometimes it's better to just take the sack or throw it away than taking a shot in the dark and hoping it hits.

Fruit Ninja
11-30-2008, 06:32 PM

He doesnt have to be "that good" he just has to be good enough for passing lanes to open up becuase they fear his running the ball.

All i care is that he improves and learns from his mistakes. He sure in the hell doesnt fold under pressure like Huard did. I dont know if Croyle does or not, becuase well, his body folds under pressure.

milkman
11-30-2008, 06:33 PM
I have to say I like what I've seen from him so far. He's the most promising young QB that we've seen play for this team since.. Ever maybe ? Most definately since I've been a fan. It may just be the "gimmick offense" or lack of film to study, but you can't discredit his production so far.

He seems to get a little too rattled in the face of an oncoming defender and tends to just lob it up, hoping Tony G will come down with it somehow. I saw it a couple times today and it really stuck out. Sometimes it's better to just take the sack or throw it away than taking a shot in the dark and hoping it hits.

Solid post.

Good points all around.

kysirsoze
11-30-2008, 06:41 PM
Sometimes it's better to just take the sack or throw it away than taking a shot in the dark and hoping it hits.

I tend to agree but when Tony plays like he did today sometimes it pays to make risky throws and let your best player make a play.

ThaVirus
11-30-2008, 06:47 PM
I tend to agree but when Tony plays like he did today sometimes it pays to make risky throws and let your best player make a play.

I don't know. I tend to want to go with the safe approach most times, although it has worked out more than a few times this season... At this point we really have nothing to lose, but I wouldn't want him to develop the habit of putting it up 'for grabs' and blowing games in the future when it really matters.

KC Fan in SC
11-30-2008, 07:04 PM
I have been reading this message board most of this season. Not every week since some of the things on here, quite frankly, make me cringe :eek:! Y'all are most definitely....um, outspoken. I am a huge fan of Coastal Carolina football, which of course is where Tyler Thigpen was drafted from to the Vikes. Watching Tyler at Coastal from 2003 through 2006, I can tell you that he will make you laugh, he will make you cry, he will make you mad and he will also provide huge sighs of relief. Tyler, just like any other QB, is going to make mistakes. This is really his first year in the league. I know he's not a rookie. Let's try not to harp on that! Hopefully, y'all know what I mean. He's going to have bad throws and there are going to be dropped passes. I saw a couple of routes run badly today by WRs. KC's team has been bad for so long and everyone is so desperate for a savior. This of course seems to be the QB position. Give him time. He's a a great QB and I think, given time, he will show you what he has to offer. Provide him some protection and give him time to do what he does and he will do it...most times. Everyone has bad days. I'm not comparing Thig with Peyton Manning, but did you see the day that Manning had??? Against Cleveland???
Tyler is going to drive you crazy at times but he did a lot of absolutely amazing things which made for some memorable moments during his college years. He's young; give him a chance. He isn't going to be a Pro Bowl QB overnight (or in 8 games) but KC has provided a system in which he is good and can improve. I don't know where his future lies but he will be a good QB in any team in this league and any one of them will be lucky to have him. I hope KC gives him the opportunity to play and prove to them what he can do for him.
Oh, and Claythan. I've seen your opinions of Thig. Allow ME the opportunity to bend over so you can kiss my ass! You are opinoniated and stubborn and will not change anything about, well anything. You want Brodie Croyle? You can have him and his beat up, soft body. He will never do anything positive for KC...ever!
Thank you for the opportunity to express my thoughts on Tyler and his skills. I really don't think y'all will be sorry if you keep him around.

milkman
11-30-2008, 07:08 PM
I have been reading this message board most of this season. Not every week since some of the things on here, quite frankly, make me cringe :eek:! Y'all are most definitely....um, outspoken. I am a huge fan of Coastal Carolina football, which of course is where Tyler Thigpen was drafted from to the Vikes. Watching Tyler at Coastal from 2003 through 2006, I can tell you that he will make you laugh, he will make you cry, he will make you mad and he will also provide huge sighs of relief. Tyler, just like any other QB, is going to make mistakes. This is really his first year in the league. I know he's not a rookie. Let's try not to harp on that! Hopefully, y'all know what I mean. He's going to have bad throws and there are going to be dropped passes. I saw a couple of routes run badly today by WRs. KC's team has been bad for so long and everyone is so desperate for a savior. This of course seems to be the QB position. Give him time. He's a a great QB and I think, given time, he will show you what he has to offer. Provide him some protection and give him time to do what he does and he will do it...most times. Everyone has bad days. I'm not comparing Thig with Peyton Manning, but did you see the day that Manning had??? Against Cleveland???
Tyler is going to drive you crazy at times but he did a lot of absolutely amazing things which made for some memorable moments during his college years. He's young; give him a chance. He isn't going to be a Pro Bowl QB overnight (or in 8 games) but KC has provided a system in which he is good and can improve. I don't know where his future lies but he will be a good QB in any team in this league and any one of them will be lucky to have him. I hope KC gives him the opportunity to play and prove to them what he can do for him.
Oh, and Claythan. I've seen your opinions of Thig. Allow ME the opportunity to bend over so you can kiss my ass! You are opinoniated and stubborn and will not change anything about, well anything. You want Brodie Croyle? You can have him and his beat up, soft body. He will never do anything positive for KC...ever!
Thank you for the opportunity to express my thoughts on Tyler and his skills. I really don't think y'all will be sorry if you keep him around.

It may not be in the book, but I think you learned the secret to winning friends.

LMAO

Coach
11-30-2008, 07:34 PM

Excellent post. I agree on the assessment that he does get rattled in the face when a defender does come, and that he does tend to lob it up. But my reasoning is that, a guy who is starting his 7th NFL start, who was a 7th rounder, coming from a small college of Coastal Carolina, and was a running back in high school. He will make some decisions that are solid, and will make decisions that are dumb.

The only way he's going to understand and learn from his mistakes is that he keeps playing through them.

Cornstock
11-30-2008, 07:35 PM
Those 2 ints were dropped, but dropped ints happen all the time. Just look how many ints DJ has dropped this year, including one today.
Luckily we still have a few games to decide on Thigpen. IMO, if this game and the Buffalo game are his bad games, im still willing to tolerate him being our QB when he has those 3 TD, 0 INT, 299 yard days.

boogblaster
11-30-2008, 08:45 PM
Thiggy deserved this win .. He has played good enough to win in over half his starts ... Glad he finally got a WIN ....

BigRichard
11-30-2008, 09:14 PM
I don't know. I tend to want to go with the safe approach most times, although it has worked out more than a few times this season... At this point we really have nothing to lose, but I wouldn't want him to develop the habit of putting it up 'for grabs' and blowing games in the future when it really matters.

It worked for Favre for what 15 years.

Short Leash Hootie
11-30-2008, 09:24 PM
while Thigpen is young and developing, they really need to take advantage of his scrambling ability more...he's like a young Donovan McNabb, no joke...he's a REALLY good scrambler...what kind of speed does he have...4.5, 4.6?

DaneMcCloud
11-30-2008, 09:37 PM

Well apparently, your sister has greater football knowledge than you.

Fucking Plaxico Burress is more talented that Eli Manning, Justin Tuck, Michael Strahan and Osi Yuminyora.

FAIL!

DaneMcCloud
11-30-2008, 09:38 PM

Uh, Drew Brees?

FTR, Drew Brees is on track to break Marino's yards in a season record AND it took him five full seasons to become the QB is he is today.

Thigpen's on a faster track.

DaneMcCloud
11-30-2008, 09:39 PM

That will open up the passing lanes, most likely to Bradley.

IF that happens. The correct personnel is needed and I don't see that in Denver, San Diego or Cincinnati.

Maybe Miami.

Short Leash Hootie
11-30-2008, 09:41 PM
Tyler Thigpen has an arm...he can make any throw...he also has GREAT speed, mobility and a good pocket presence...he made all of the right decisions to run today...he makes bad decisions...he's young...he made two awful passes...but for a 2nd year guy out of Coastal Carolina, he sure as hell impresses me.

I think he has the demeanor and skills to be a really good NFL QB...the people that are writing him off already are the draft geeks that can't get over the fact he was a 7th round project pick that was expected to amount to nothing...

He has every skill an NFL QB needs...he shows the ability to be VERY accurate...he has a lot of room to grow, and that excites me.

DenverDanChiefsFan
11-30-2008, 09:42 PM
You don't understand what a Pyrrhic victory is, do you?What a bunch of BS. This win has such devastating consequences.:rolleyes:

Short Leash Hootie
11-30-2008, 09:44 PM
That will open up the passing lanes, most likely to Bradley.

IF that happens. The correct personnel is needed and I don't see that in Denver, San Diego or Cincinnati.

Maybe Miami.

Exactly. Thigpen's ability to create with his feet is just another thing defenses have to game plan for...Larry Johnson's reemergence is another...Tony Gonzalez is another...

I mean, Chan Gailey has shown something different every week now...we are becoming creative again and VERY unpredictable.

This offense and offensive system can be a very WINNING system in the NFL, and it can keep getting better...it's the defense that will hold us back next year if we don't have a VERY ACTIVE offseason...

If we do, get a new defensive coordinator and a dozen new faces (free agents, draft picks) with the current state of our conference, there is NO reason we can't be competitive.

Atlanta and Miami are two examples of a 1 year turnaround...it can happen, and it's not that unrealistic.

We easily have the best offense of a 2-10 team I've ever seen.

Short Leash Hootie
11-30-2008, 09:45 PM
What a bunch of BS. This win has such devastating consequences.:rolleyes:

Hamas, Mecca, Milkman, etc...they all know their shit, they know football, etc...

They just put way too much emphasis on the draft and where you're drafting...

It's important, but tanking the season and cheering for losses is ridiculous IMO.

I don't mind if we win or lose as long as we go down swinging and show a little something and have some entertainment value...which we've done since Thigpen took over.

theultimatekcchiefsfan
11-30-2008, 09:52 PM
This offense has regressed in every game since Tampa.

How bout since LJ came back. Put Charles back in there more.

pr_capone
11-30-2008, 09:54 PM
Absolute minimum... the Chiefs give Thipgpen a shot at the starting job next year regardless of who is drafted for the position.

Short Leash Hootie
11-30-2008, 09:54 PM
How bout since LJ came back. Put Charles back in there more.

Uhm, no.

LJ has been really good in each game since his return IMO.

He is still an elite back...I'm glad we have a great 3rd down back as well...Charles is a great compliment to LJ.

Coach
11-30-2008, 09:56 PM
I still wish our RB's can at least hold on to the football. Didn't LJ put one on the ground today?

DaneMcCloud
11-30-2008, 09:59 PM
I still wish our RB's can at least hold on to the football. Didn't LJ put one on the ground today?

No

Short Leash Hootie
11-30-2008, 10:00 PM
No

He tried to a few times...

I'm just glad he's running hard again...he was the most impressive player on offense today, no offense to Tony Gonzalez.

Skip Towne
11-30-2008, 10:05 PM
Uhm, no.

LJ has been really good in each game since his return IMO.

He is still an elite back...I'm glad we have a great 3rd down back as well...Charles is a great compliment to LJ.

You spelled complement wrong.

Coach
11-30-2008, 10:06 PM
No

I thought he did, but he recovered it after that....

Pasta Giant Meatball
11-30-2008, 11:07 PM
He made a couple of REALLY, really bad throws today, but what young QB doesn't?? He made some big time plays in the 4th with his legs however. Shaky game, but not horrible since you still have to view him objectively as a first year starter. He completed 68 percent of his passes. Russel was brutal.

blueballs
11-30-2008, 11:14 PM
He made a couple of REALLY, really bad throws today, but what young QB doesn't?? He made some big time plays in the 4th with his legs however. Shaky game, but not horrible since you still have to view him objectively as a first year starter. He completed 68 percent of his passes. Russel was brutal.

I think people would have been happy if Brokie had that kind of day
the Atlanta and Buffalow games will haunt Thigpen for awhile yet

luv
11-30-2008, 11:16 PM
Just thinking....when was/is his date with Holly? Maybe she's bringing him luck.

beach tribe
11-30-2008, 11:22 PM
Hamas, Mecca, Milkman, etc...they all know their shit, they know football, etc...

They just put way too much emphasis on the draft and where you're drafting...

It's important, but tanking the season and cheering for losses is ridiculous IMO.

I don't mind if we win or lose as long as we go down swinging and show a little something and have some entertainment value...which we've done since Thigpen took over.

I think if you win, you deserve to win, and if you lose, you deserve to lose.

Your draft position is, and should be, indicative of your ability to win games. Should it not?

I actually do see something promising in this team, but until we beat a team, that isn't a worse train wreck than this one, I'm not going to get too excited about it.

BUT it really is fun to watch the Jamarcus, and the Raiders playROFLROFL

chiefsngop
12-01-2008, 12:49 AM
I think if you win, you deserve to win, and if you lose, you deserve to lose.

Your draft position is, and should be, indicative of your ability to win games. Should it not?

I actually do see something promising in this team, but until we beat a team, that isn't a worse train wreck than this one, I'm not going to get too excited about it.

BUT it really is fun to watch the Jamarcus, and the Raiders playROFLROFL

Damn straight.

This is the mentality sports in this country has thrived on.

The better team of the day wins. They keep score with easy to follow numeric characters so there's no arguing over who was better THAT DAY.

Your team tries their best to win every week, and you cheer them on.

At the end of the season the teams that lost the most games get the best draft picks.

We'll pick where we're supposed to pick and so will Detroit, Cincinatti, and St. Louis.