PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Has Tony G ever looked better?

max sleeper
11-30-2008, 06:15 PM
This guy is nails. He looks so smooth out in the routes. And his hands are like glue. Go Chiefs!

sportsman1
11-30-2008, 06:33 PM
Tony G for MVP. Helluva a performance... Chiefs MVP lol.

memyselfI
11-30-2008, 06:33 PM
This guy is nails. He looks so smooth out in the routes. And his hands are like glue. Go Chiefs!

He's auditioning, you know. :doh!:

KcMizzou
11-30-2008, 06:34 PM
I don't think so. The guy's a stud.

Count Alex's Losses
11-30-2008, 06:35 PM
Tony's the only thing keeping Thigpen from looking like balls.

Valiant
11-30-2008, 06:36 PM

Yet the other QB's could not take advantage of that..

StcChief
11-30-2008, 06:39 PM
Tony is the best TE period. F THannon THarpe and whatever he says about himself.
Great TE don't have to "talk about it" they get it done on the field. Numbers speak.

Get the ball near him, he's got it.

blueballs
11-30-2008, 06:39 PM
Yet the other QB's could not take advantage of that..

TOny G made Huard's IMO
he should get atleast half his signing bonus

HypnotizedMonkey
11-30-2008, 06:40 PM
No kidding here... 88 is still the best TE in the league.

dj56dt58
11-30-2008, 06:43 PM

i dont know what the deal today was...he just kept forcing it to Tony..normally thigpen spreads the ball around as good as any qb in the league

suds79
11-30-2008, 06:45 PM
i dont know what the deal today was...he just kept forcing it to Tony..normally thigpen spreads the ball around as good as any qb in the league

Yeah and that concerns me a little. You want Tyler to learn to read defenses and make the right throws.

Not just force it to 88 all day.

... Thankfully for Tyler, Tony is still that awesome. :)

TrickyNicky
11-30-2008, 06:45 PM
But seriously. Our spread offense is going to be horrible without Tony catching 10+ passes a game.

KcMizzou
11-30-2008, 06:48 PM
i dont know what the deal today was...he just kept forcing it to Tony..normally thigpen spreads the ball around as good as any qb in the leagueIt was probably the fact that Tony was consistantly open, and clowing the Raiders secondary.

You can't blame him for continuing to do what was working.

Tony G looked like a man among boys today.

suds79
11-30-2008, 06:51 PM
It was probably the fact that Tony was consistantly open, and clowing the Raiders secondary.

You can't blame him for continuing to do what was working.

Tony G looked like a man among boys today.

I can agree with this to a certain point.

Was Tony G a man amongst boys? Yes.

Was Tyler smart or always making the right decision in forcing to to Tony? I don't know. He should of had 3 or 4 picks today if the Raiders and just catch from what I saw.

chiefs1111
11-30-2008, 06:53 PM
Tony has looked good this season.....

StcChief
11-30-2008, 06:54 PM
the fact the Bowe and others are covered and Tony can be open to make a play is Thiggy's fault......

it would be nice if good routes found Bowe/Bradley/Franklin etc open.

Tuckdaddy
11-30-2008, 07:00 PM
Any body that claims Tony is not the greatest TE ever is a plain hater. Not only the best all purpose TE but one of the best pass catchers OF ALL TIME.

How many TE's are in the top 10 all time revieving yardage? Just one.

suds79
11-30-2008, 07:03 PM
the fact the Bowe and others are covered and Tony can be open to make a play is Thiggy's fault......

it would be nice if good routes found Bowe/Bradley/Franklin etc open.

I'm not buying for one second that all those guys are all covered that much and Tony was "open" all those times. IMO Tyler had Damon Huard syndrome today.

the Talking Can
11-30-2008, 07:04 PM

dude does look ageless

petegz28
11-30-2008, 07:05 PM

All game long you had a smaller CB covering him. Why would you not throw it to TG every time?

orange
11-30-2008, 07:08 PM
Great TE don't have to "talk about it" they get it done on the field. Numbers speak.

Shannon Sharpe 3 - Tony Gonzales 0

Marcellus
11-30-2008, 07:09 PM
All game long you had a smaller CB covering him. Why would you not throw it to TG every time?

He missed Bradley coming free up the seam for possible TD and threw a shorter pass to TG. That was on a drive we kicked a FG.

I understand it was working but he went straight to TG too much today. Fortunately TG is good enough that it panned out.

BigMeatballDave
11-30-2008, 07:11 PM
Tony's the only thing keeping Thigpen from looking like balls.Pretty much...

Short Leash Hootie
11-30-2008, 07:13 PM
he gets better every year

Tribal Warfare
11-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Tony is a HOF stud it's just that simple.

BigMeatballDave
11-30-2008, 07:14 PM
Shannon Sharpe 3 - Tony Gonzales 0Don't be retarded. SBs are won as a team. I guess Dilfer is better than Marino...:rolleyes:

blueballs
11-30-2008, 07:15 PM
He's the only player Carl can point to on this season's team
and say hey- that's my boy

orange
11-30-2008, 07:20 PM
Don't be retarded. SBs are won as a team. I guess Dilfer is better than Marino...:rolleyes:

Marino's numbers are also better than Elway's. Was Elway better than Marino?

HELL yes!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's put it another way - which matters more, rolling up stats playing out the string in games like today's Chiefs/Raiders, or putting them up in deathmatches for playoff position at the end of a season and in elimination games in the playoffs? You're retarded if you think big-game performance doesn't matter more.

StcChief
11-30-2008, 07:27 PM
right.... the record books show otherwise. and in 2 less years.
mush mouth can "talk" about how great he was, all day on Sirius.
tainted gold when you cheat to win SB. check your salary cap and fine.

TrickyNicky
11-30-2008, 07:30 PM

HELL yes!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's put it another way - which matters more, rolling up stats playing out the string in games like today's Chiefs/Raiders, or putting them up in deathmatches for playoff position at the end of a season and in elimination games in the playoffs? You're retarded if you think big-game performance doesn't matter more.
Not that I care if Tony is better than Shannon or not, but you could also make a case that Elway was a Superbowl flop until he had TD and the Crisco Kids.

Valiant
11-30-2008, 07:30 PM
Yeah and that concerns me a little. You want Tyler to learn to read defenses and make the right throws.

Not just force it to 88 all day.

... Thankfully for Tyler, Tony is still that awesome. :)

He tried, he overthrew them or they dropped it..

BigMeatballDave
11-30-2008, 07:31 PM

HELL yes!!

Let's put it another way - which matters more, rolling up stats playing out the string in games like today's Chiefs/Raiders, or putting them up in deathmatches for playoff position at the end of a season and in elimination games in the playoffs? You're retarded if you think big-game performance doesn't matter more.You're missing the point, dude. Completely. Now, I'm sure Tony would wish his HOF numbers away for a SB win. I know I would.

Valiant
11-30-2008, 07:33 PM

Because Shannon got those on his own??

Must be nice to be 'just above average TE on great teams' and win a championship as your claim to being the best..

Instead of a player who has been on some crap teams but yet keeps outproducing everyone else..

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Clearly Brent Jones is better than Tony Gonzalez.

MIAdragon
11-30-2008, 07:35 PM

ROFL

JASONSAUTO
11-30-2008, 07:35 PM
Clearly Brent Jones is better than Tony Gonzalez.

ROFL

orange
11-30-2008, 07:37 PM
I know I'm on solid ground because of the type of people here touting TG as the best. SOME of you are thoughtful and informed, but then there are those like:

Because Shannon got those on his own??

Must be nice to be 'just above average TE on great teams' and win a championship as your claim to being the best..

Instead of a player who has been on some crap teams but yet keeps outproducing everyone else..

right.... the record books show otherwise. and in 2 less years.
mush mouth can "talk" about how great he was, all day on Sirius.
tainted gold when you cheat to win SB. check your salary cap and fine.

... who clearly have NO clue about NFL football.

To Valiant: those records TG is breaking that you think are so important were all held by that "just above average TE."
To StcChief: yes, the record books show Sharpe with 3 World Championships and Gonzalez with 0. Go cry yourself to sleep.

Valiant
11-30-2008, 07:40 PM
I know I'm on solid ground because of the type of people here touting TG as the best. SOME of you are thoughtful and informed, but then there are those like:

Shannon Sharpe 3 - Tony Gonzalez 0

... who clearly have NO clue about NFL football.

Compared to TG yes.. Unless we count running your mouth as a stat..

But, at least now you are admitting you are trolling..

luv
11-30-2008, 07:42 PM
I always thought Super Bowls were won by the best teams, not individual players. Hell, Trent Green has a SB ring. Is he better than Marino was?

Valiant
11-30-2008, 07:43 PM
I always thought Super Bowls were won by the best teams, not individual players. Hell, Trent Green has a SB ring. Is he better than Marino was?

Yes, according to orange..

TrickyNicky
11-30-2008, 07:43 PM
An above average TE in the league is a guy that makes 3-5 catches a game, if that. Shannon is a lot of unflattering things, but just above average isn't one of them.

orange
11-30-2008, 07:44 PM
But, at least now you are admitting you are trolling..

More hallucinations from you? I've never trolled here or anywhere, but you seem to think I've "admitted" something?

See you at the Hall of Fame induction for that "just above average TE" Shannon Sharpe.

MIAdragon
11-30-2008, 07:45 PM

1998 1 catch 5yds
1999 2 catches 26 yds
2001 1 catch 5 yds

Yea way to come up big, thank god he was tearing it up or they might have lost those games, dumbass.

The Bad Guy
11-30-2008, 07:45 PM
I'm just shocked that some of you think that Thigpen is going to look like a 10-year veteran and make all the correct reads.

GoChiefs..please stop commenting on the NFL. Your lack of knowledge about the sport is laughable.

unothadeal
11-30-2008, 07:46 PM

Jay Novacek 3 - Tony Gonzalez 0

Soooooooo what's your point?

orange
11-30-2008, 07:46 PM
Yes, according to orange..

More BS from you. Folks can read what I say for themselves RIGHT HERE. Who do you think you're fooling?

Sharpe and Gonzalez both came up big during the regular season. Sharpe also did it when it mattered.

The Bad Guy
11-30-2008, 07:47 PM
Hey dipshit Orange,

Kevin Boss has a Super Bowl ring. Daniel Graham has 3 as well.

Does that mean Graham is better than Gonzalez?

You put Tony Gonzalez with the Ravens 2000 defense, and John Elway, and Tony Gonzalez would double Sharpe's numbers.

The Bad Guy
11-30-2008, 07:48 PM
More BS from you. Folks can read what I say for themselves RIGHT HERE. Who do you think you're fooling?

Sharpe and Gonzalez both came up big during the regular season. Sharpe also did it when it mattered.

So Gonzalez should be penalized for a shitty defense?

Go kill yourself.

MIAdragon
11-30-2008, 07:49 PM

Wha?

XXXII 1998 1 catch 5yds
XXXIII 1999 2 catches 26 yds
XXXV 2001 1 catch 5 yds

Yea way to come up big, thank god he was tearing it up or they might have lost those games.

orange
11-30-2008, 07:50 PM
1998 1 catch 5yds
1999 2 catches 26 yds
2001 1 catch 5 yds

Yea way to come up big, thank god he was tearing it up or they might have lost those games, dumbass.

Please, get a clue.

Ozzie Newsome, Hall-of-Fame tight end, Ravens' general manager, and the man responsible for signing Sharpe before the 2000 season had this to say about him, "I think he's a threat when he's on the field. He has to be double-teamed. He's a great route-runner. He's proven that he can make the big plays. That's what separates him. He's a threat." Sharpe was selected All-Pro 4 times, played in 8 Pro Bowls(1992-1998, 2001) and amassed over 1,000 receiving yards in 3 different seasons. In a 1993 playoff game against the Los Angeles Raiders, Sharpe tied a postseason record with 13 receptions for 156 yards and a touchdown. In the Ravens 2000 AFC title game against the Raiders, he caught a short pass on 3rd down and 18 from his own 4-yard line and took it 96 yards for a touchdown, assisting his team to a 16-3 win. He finished his 14 year career with 815 receptions for 10,060 yards and 62 touchdowns in 204 games.

A mere snippet.

Now please post Gonzalez corresponding playoff highlights.

orange
11-30-2008, 07:54 PM
Hey dipshit Orange,

Kevin Boss has a Super Bowl ring. Daniel Graham has 3 as well.

Does that mean Graham is better than Gonzalez?

You put Tony Gonzalez with the Ravens 2000 defense, and John Elway, and Tony Gonzalez would double Sharpe's numbers.

He dickface The Bad Guy (whoa, I can use profanity too; this is so cool, we must be grownups now),

It's EVERYTHING - regular season AND playoffs AND superbowls.

I know the concept of "playoffs" is hard to recall for Chiefs fans, and "Superbowls" is an entirely alien concept, but TRY to wrap your brain around them.

luv
11-30-2008, 07:55 PM
He dickface The Bad Guy (whoa, I can use profanity too; this is so cool, we must be grownups now),

I know the concept of "playoffs" is hard to recall for Chiefs fans, and "Superbowls" is an entirely alien concept, but TRY to wrap your brain around them.

Troll.

orange
11-30-2008, 07:57 PM
Troll.

Totally wrong. I responded EXACTLY in kind. My only point here is that Shannon Sharpe is the best Tight End who's played the game, and his playoff performances set him apart. Not a popular point in Kansas City, but hardly trolling.

Trolling would include calling someone names because you can't deal with their argument. You want to find ANYONE I insulted here?

The Bad Guy
11-30-2008, 07:58 PM

You keep talking about Sharpe in the Super Bowl like he's the reason they won those games.

4 catches in 3 games.

Keep spinning, retard.

orange
11-30-2008, 08:00 PM
You keep talking about Sharpe in the Super Bowl like he's the reason they won those games.

4 catches in 3 games.

Keep spinning, retard.

He's one of main reasons those teams GOT to the Super Bowl.

[edit]

Sorry, forgot - "You keep spinning, retard."

The Bad Guy
11-30-2008, 08:00 PM
Totally wrong. I responded EXACTLY in kind. My only point here is that Shannon Sharpe is the best Tight End who's played the game, and his playoff performances set him apart. Not a popular point in Kansas City, but hardly trolling.

Trolling would include calling someone names because you can't deal with their argument. You want to find ANYONE I insulted here?

So you want to penalize a player who has better career numbers despite playing with far inferior QBs because he didn't win in the playoffs?

You're right. It was Tony's fault that the Chiefs defense couldn't stop anyone.

The Bad Guy
11-30-2008, 08:01 PM

And with a defense, Tony Gonzalez would have had the same opportunity.

Are you dizzy yet?

MIAdragon
11-30-2008, 08:01 PM

LMAO Tony OWNS him if every stat he can control. Take your Horseface love and blow it out your ass. Its really not even close, do you really want to get into a stat-down?

The Bad Guy
11-30-2008, 08:02 PM

[edit]

Sorry, forgot - "You keep spinning, retard."

I'm not spinning anything.

You want to talk about how Sharpe's chances at success were equal to the ones Gonzalez has had in his career.

When Tony Gonzalez plays with a John Elway-type QB, and top 10 defense, then we can put this argument on a level field.

orange
11-30-2008, 08:02 PM
LMAO Tony OWNS him if every stat he can control. Take your Horseface love and blow it out your ass. Its really not even close, do you really want to get into a stat-down?

Like I said, see you at the Induction Ceremony.

The Bad Guy
11-30-2008, 08:03 PM

I want Christian Fauria worked into this discussion as well. He has 3 rings. The only barometer in the NFL is championship rings.

orange
11-30-2008, 08:05 PM
I'm not spinning anything.

You want to talk about how Sharpe's chances at success were equal to the ones Gonzalez has had in his career.

When Tony Gonzalez plays with a John Elway-type QB, and top 10 defense, then we can put this argument on a level field.

And if Sharpe played in Vermeil's "greatest show," HE would have put up much higher numbers as well.

Ultimately, the stats aren't all that matters. That's why the HOF voters consider things like playoff appearances and championships.

Why do you think Derrick Thomas isn't in the HOF?

MIAdragon
11-30-2008, 08:06 PM

For TG, Ive got no problem with that.

orange
11-30-2008, 08:14 PM
For TG, Ive got no problem with that.

If you think I'm bagging on Tony G., you couldn't be more wrong. Here's something I posted a couple weeks ago:

All true. But on Thigpen's potential game-winning drive, he was absolutely bailed out on three plays by a hall-of-famer at his best.

Gonzales went back to pick up an errant throw off his shoetops and still managed to back up for more yardage to keep the drive alive early.

He boxed out perfectly to draw PI on the goal line (note to NFL coaches - ALL receivers should get off-season coaching in basketball).

And he stole a risky pass into high traffic away from the defenders for the touchdown. That final drive was ALL Gonzales.

He even set up the potentially winning play on the conversion - breaking away from a mugging and making himself available deep in the endzone if Thigpen could have got the ball there. But Thigpen COULDN'T get the ball there - he didn't have the arm strength to muscle it there falling backwards as he tried, and he didn't have the savvy to set and step into the throw and take the hit, nor the elusiveness to juke the pass rusher and buy an extra half-second. He just didn't have any of the "specialness" that sets the great ones apart.

Don't tell me Thigpen is not the beneficiary of his teammates' excellence like Cassel is.

But Sharpe was better.

This isn't Highlander. There can be more than one.

DaWolf
11-30-2008, 08:19 PM
And if Sharpe played in Vermeil's "greatest show," HE would have put up much higher numbers as well.

Ultimately, the stats aren't all that matters. That's why the HOF voters consider things like playoff appearances and championships.

Why do you think Derrick Thomas isn't in the HOF?

Actually I think that offense ended up Cheating Gonzo out of bigger numbers. Vermeil and Saunders were always more insistent that the Wide Recievers be the focal point of the offense. Every season Tony would start out slow because Saunders wanted to use him as a decoy to get the receivers open and throw downfield. Then, once we reached week 8, he realized every year that Gonzo was still his best weapon, and started using him again.

I think now, they're using Gonzo for what he is, a legit No 1 option...

MIAdragon
11-30-2008, 08:29 PM
If you think I'm bagging on Tony G., you couldn't be more wrong. Here's something I posted a couple weeks ago:

But Sharpe was better.

This isn't Highlander. There can be more than one.

you're wrong, but thats ok.

Pablo
11-30-2008, 08:33 PM
But Sharpe was better.
Well, that would be what we call an opinion.

Luckily, there are these crazy things called personal stats that are a pretty good barometer of who the better TE was.

Not the better role player, or who lucked into the better team. Those stats pretty much tell you who played their position better. And that would be Tony.

MIAdragon
11-30-2008, 08:37 PM

Luckily, there are these crazy things called personal stats that are a pretty good barometer of who the better TE was.

Not the better role player, or who lucked into the better team. Those stats pretty much tell you who played their position better. And that would be Tony.

Its really no question, Only a blind homer can think that SS was better

orange
11-30-2008, 08:42 PM

QB1 Career Stats 152td 138int 24,718yds 80.5rating
QB2 Career Stats 162td 114int 28,475yds 86.0rating

Who was the better quarterback?

You could do this ALL DAY. Stats just don't tell the whole story. EVER.

(ps QB1 is Bart Starr. QB2 is Trent Green)

Pablo
11-30-2008, 08:43 PM
Its really no question, Only a blind homer can think that SS was betterI mean, we are discussing this on a Chiefs board, so it's definitely subject to homer goggles on our parts..but that's why they keep personal stats.

I mean, if wins and playoff appearances were all that matters, why would we even keep stats?

Tony's stat line would read something along the line of 90-80-0-0

W-L-Playoff wins-SB wins

But it doesn't...we keep yardage, TD's, first downs, etc...because they are important and they definitely matter.

Not to the same extent that they do say in MLB, but they are incredibly important.

StcChief
11-30-2008, 08:46 PM

Not the better role player, or who lucked into the better team. Those stats pretty much tell you who played their position better. And that would be Tony.don't try and confuse the donx fan with stats.:shake:

Short Leash Hootie
11-30-2008, 10:03 PM

You aren't smart. Trent Green has a Super Bowl ring...Trent Green was on I.R.

Trent Dilfer would have been a much better example.

Short Leash Hootie
11-30-2008, 10:05 PM
I'm just shocked that some of you think that Thigpen is going to look like a 10-year veteran and make all the correct reads.

GoChiefs..please stop commenting on the NFL. Your lack of knowledge about the sport is laughable.

Today he made some excellent throws...he has a lot of zip on his ball...and the throw off his backfoot to Tony G for 15 yards on 3rd and long was awesome...

But he also made two REALLY bad throws...

and that's what happens with a young QB...

Right now, on the year, Thigpen gets an A from me...and he deserves to be our starter next year barring an epic collapse down the stretch...

I still think we need a QB in the draft...

Bowser
11-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Sharpe was great. Gonzalez is better. End of story.

Had there been instant replay in '97, Gonzalez would have a ring.

chiefsngop
12-01-2008, 01:18 AM
The Raiders "brilliant" coaching staff presented Thigpen, Gailey, and Tony G with a clear mismatch play after play after play today.

When Thigpen went through his pre-snap read and picked up on this familiar mismatch (that had been working all day), then of course he's going to zone in on it and use Tony G to exploit the mismatch. Causing him to occasionally miss things, like Bradley open down the seam.

Any QB worth his salt is going to look for favorable matchups pre snap, and look to go there first. It just so happened that Oakland's dumbass coaches consistently presented this mismatch.

I have zero problem with a young QB that's playing on the road, choosing to consistently exploit an obvious flaw in the opponents defense. Especially when that flaw involves the biggest target with the best hands on the field.

That said, we still need to draft or sign an additional solid QB this offseason.

SNR
12-01-2008, 06:54 AM
Barry Sanders is one of the greatest RBs to play the game ever. Look at what he did on the ****ing field. Just look at any highlight film of Barry Sanders and you will say "damn, son."

But no Super Bowls and hardly any playoff appearances. Oh shucks. Maybe if Barry were a better talent like Terrell Davis and tried harder, he would have a ring by now.

Surely you're not dumb enough to argue that Terrell Davis > Barry Sanders, are you orange? And please, don't give me that bullshit line about "what if TD stayed healthy?" What if Tony played on a team that had a defense, or if the Chiefs won in 1997 like they should have? What would result from that? What if I had three wheels attached to my ass? I guess that would make me a tricycle, wouldn't it?

PhillyChiefFan
12-01-2008, 08:53 AM
You can NOT judge an individual player by Super Bowl rings. Many of the best players in football history do not have a ring.

Why does Trent Dilfer have a ring? Is it because he was that great or because the Raven's defense was good enough to carry the rest of the team into the SB? Some players ride in on the coattails of other players, Dilfer being a prime example. Goose, Woodsen, Lewis, Sam Adams, and Anthony Mitchell etc deserve much of the credit for that ring.

ohiobronco2
12-01-2008, 09:31 AM
I drafted this guy on my fantasy team for a reason. He's one of the best players at his position in the history of the game and is all class.

PhillyChiefFan
12-01-2008, 09:38 AM
I drafted this guy on my fantasy team for a reason. He's one of the best players at his position in the history of the game and is all class.

QFT. Sucks he doesn't get more recognition by the media. With all the bad publicity the NFL has gotten lately over the Pacman Jones' and the Plaxico Burress' of the league, you would think they would try to market players like Gonzo as role models. Alas, he plays for a small market team.

The man is one of the most humbled class acts in the NFL.

PhillyChiefFan
12-01-2008, 09:40 AM
The United Way seems to have gotten it. He is always on their commercials and the NFL are sponsors, so at least he gets recognition for that.

Darth CarlSatan
12-01-2008, 10:22 AM

Jewry, and those who brag about it in the face of a superior athlete, are insecure.

But if Shovel Face Sharpe want's to be a horses ass, then by all means let him continue; it's great entertainment.

Micjones
12-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Tony Gonzalez is our ageless wonder.
He's been very very good this season and will have another 1,000-yard season.

Sure-Oz
12-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Gonzo is a beast, period...he hasnt shown any signs of slowing down at all. The dude is durable as hell too, i hope he's a chief for life...

He definetly is worth more than a 4th rounder...

Reerun_KC
12-01-2008, 11:05 AM
So will TG come back next year?

ChiefGator
12-01-2008, 11:09 AM
QB1 Career Stats 152td 138int 24,718yds 80.5rating
QB2 Career Stats 162td 114int 28,475yds 86.0rating

Who was the better quarterback?

That's simple... QB2.

Now, if you want to say a better leader or played for a better team, I would need to see win/losses.

Pablo
12-01-2008, 11:21 AM
We need the perspective of an older Raider/Bolts fan.

Someone who's seen Sharpe and Tony play in their respective primes and plenty of times at that. I'd be willing to say the average football fan would view Gonzalez as the better player, but the perspective from a division rival would be nice.

Bowser
12-01-2008, 11:39 AM

Someone who's seen Sharpe and Tony play in their respective primes and plenty of times at that. I'd be willing to say the average football fan would view Gonzalez as the better player, but the perspective from a division rival would be nice.

Yeah, where's Hawaiian Boy when you need him? :D

ChiefGator
12-01-2008, 12:22 PM

Someone should post a poll on one of the rival boards to find out. At best, they'll tell us Gonzo was the best. At worst, we can make fun of rival fans for not understanding football.

StcChief
12-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Yeah, where's Hawaiian Boy when you need him? :Dor the ever objective HBBoltGirl.... :rolleyes:

I'll settle for BuckinKeating (the young), RNR (vet).

bobbything
12-01-2008, 12:39 PM
The only position where you can use Superbowl victories as a barometer for success or failure is the quarterback position. Every other position I would go by on-the-field stats.

orange
12-01-2008, 01:16 PM
So ChiefsPlaneteers fans - was there something on this thread that justifies the bitch Valiant neg-repping me five times, or are you guys just pussies?

Brock
12-01-2008, 01:17 PM
So ChiefsPlaneteers fans - was there something on this thread that justifies the bitch Valiant neg-repping me five times, or are you guys just pussies?

I don't know, but whining about neg rep usually gets you a bunch more.

orange
12-01-2008, 01:21 PM
I don't know, but whining about neg rep usually gets you a bunch more.

So, just pussies, then.

vailpass
12-01-2008, 01:28 PM
TG is the one sure way to get a butt-hurt reaction out of this board. I don't blame them, he is the goods.
Wonder if they will all feel the same way if TG escapes KC and plays 2-3 years with a good team? I hated when Sharpe played for the Ravens and that murderer Ray Ray.

Brock
12-01-2008, 01:34 PM
So, just pussies, then.

Well, when you come in spewing ignorance about a hall of fame player, you probably got the reaction you were looking for.

HemiEd
12-01-2008, 01:37 PM
1998 1 catch 5yds
1999 2 catches 26 yds
2001 1 catch 5 yds

ROFL Shannon Sharpe is doing his best work now on Sirius NFL radio, if only we could understand what he is saying.

Darth CarlSatan
12-01-2008, 01:40 PM
ROFL Shannon Sharpe is doing his best work now on Sirius NFL radio, if only we could understand what he is saying.

"Web, I badieve dat' Madanian Tomiton gonna' hab a BIB DAY again Kannas Tity' at home"-Fearless Mush Mouth Prediction, prior to KC's slaughter of San Diego in September last year.

HemiEd
12-01-2008, 01:46 PM
"Web, I badieve dat' Madanian Tomiton gonna' hab a BIB DAY again Kannas Tity' at home"-Fearless Mush Mouth Prediction, prior to KC's slaughter of San Diego in September last year.

ROFL last week he went into this long diatribe to "Papa" about how great he was, as a player. ROFL It was absolutely dripping with conceit and self indulgence. I wanted to puke, since I understood most of it.
Even "Papa" was at a loss for words for a while, you could tell he was taken back by it.

Darth CarlSatan
12-01-2008, 01:56 PM
MA-MA-MA; Gobba' Haba' Goo Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn182/lightbringerrr/6a00d83451be3669e200e54f1b04e78833-.jpg

Oh Snap
12-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Did anyone else hear the commentator say how Chan Gailey was saying Tony has 'lost a step?' meanwhile, tony is having one of this best years ever....

DaWolf
12-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Looks like Tony is killing the anointed ones, Antonio Gates, Kellen Winslow and Jeremy Shockey, even at his age.

The fact that no one wanted to offer more to get this guy this year is amazing. He has been invaluable in being there to help Thigpen grow as a QB and help our offense move the ball. Think what you want of Carl, but hanging on to Gonzo was the right move for what he was being offered...

beach tribe
12-01-2008, 03:17 PM
The guy looks 28. Seriously. I say he kicks ass for another 4 yrs.

TrickyNicky
12-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Did anyone else hear the commentator say how Chan Gailey was saying Tony has 'lost a step?' meanwhile, tony is having one of this best years ever....
He has gotten a little slower. He used to be able to absolutely burn many linebackers with his route-running. Back then, the Defenders used to ride him and basically interfere to slow him down. Now, he gets a LOT of no calls with his own hand fighting. Aside from the few Offensive Pass Int. calls this year, the refs have turned a blind eye to all the mugging Gonzo is doing right back at the defenders.

SNR
12-01-2008, 11:06 PM
So, just pussies, then.First, never complain about neg rep. It makes YOU the pussy.

Secondly, I don't see how this is even an argument. Are you honestly going to tell me that if you look at highlight film of Sharpe and then of Gonzalez side-by-side you will side with Sharpe? Gonzalez has set the TE records YEARS before Sharpe did and is the far superior football player/athlete and all around TE. THere's no better overall TE in the game in terms of routes, catching, blocking, running after the catch combined (Gates is a better receiver but not the better TE).

No, I don't think they can even compare. So you, being a dumbass troll, choose to use Super Bowls to anoint your homer bias. Your argument was DONE when you tried to show that Sharpe being the player led those teams to the Super Bowl. If that were the case, his stats would be better than Gonzo's, now, wouldn't they?

Go ahead and try to weasel out of this by making fun of the Chiefs ineptitude, but it's not going to ****ing work. We know all the stats against the Chiefs, and guess what?

IT STILL DOESN'T PROVE THAT SHARPE IS BETTER

You lose. Gonzalez > Sharpe. You lost the argument. Just admit it.

stevieray
12-01-2008, 11:27 PM
How many players have the Invescos put in the HOF in over forty years?

less than a handful...

induction ceremony indeed.

jAZ
12-01-2008, 11:41 PM
He's auditioning, you know. :doh!:
Frazod (or was it Brad?) was right about you.

max sleeper
12-14-2008, 12:33 PM
Bump! Just because of that catch from LJ for a TD! DAMN! That was one hell of a play! :clap: Go Chiefs!

Pablo
12-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Thannon was bragging about his 214 yards in a single game from Brian Griese on the pre-game show..

Chief Henry
12-14-2008, 01:07 PM
Tony G. is one tough SOB. To come back after that tackle and catch another TD pass is unreal.

bowener
12-14-2008, 01:50 PM
Definitely not!
http://tonygonzalez88.com/SONY_DVD_RECORDER_VOLUME-27.jpg