PDA

View Full Version : Football When should the Raiders cut their losses with Russell?

FringeNC
11-30-2008, 07:08 PM
I don't care how many "tools" he has, he is inaccurate and stupid. I've never seen so many throws in an NFL game hit the ground with no receiver in sight.

This guy gave us the win, knocked us down in the draft, and assured Herm returns by the clinic he put on this afternoon.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-30-2008, 07:10 PM
I don't know if he's stupid. There are a lot of dumbass QBs in the NFL. He is horribly inaccurate and he has a nonexistent football IQ. He can't read a D to save his life.

There's no reason for Oakland not to take a QB at any pick next year if he's good value.

KcMizzou
11-30-2008, 07:11 PM
Hopefully never.

blueballs
can he play guard

TrickyNicky
But they won't. Because thats what makes them the Raiders.

smittysbar
11-30-2008, 07:12 PM
He is unbelievable bad, I couldn't believe it.

CoMoChief
11-30-2008, 07:18 PM
He is unbelievable bad, I couldn't believe it.

Not as bad as you are at beerpong. Jeremy had to carry your ass you "no-cup" chump. :D

StcChief
11-30-2008, 07:20 PM
well JaMarcus will play out most of his contract and hopefully improve slightly so Al can drag his fat a$$ under the bus.

KC Jones
11-30-2008, 07:20 PM
Hopefully never.

what he said!

OnTheWarpath58
11-30-2008, 07:25 PM
They never should have taken him to begin with.

But hey, he has all the physical tools, so he has to work out.

Right?

Everyone with half a brain knew that Quinn was the better prospect, but those dumbasses just can't keep themselves from drafting a guy with measurables, and not much more.

They could have taken anyone in the Top 10, sans Ginn, and been better in the long run for it.

FringeNC
11-30-2008, 07:27 PM
They never should have taken him to begin with.

But hey, he has all the physical tools, so he has to work out.

Right?

Everyone with half a brain knew that Quinn was the better prospect, but those dumbasses just can't keep themselves from drafting a guy with measurables, and not much more.

They could have taken anyone in the Top 10, sans Ginn, and been better in the long run for it.

Was Mecca high on Russell?

OnTheWarpath58
11-30-2008, 07:28 PM
Was Mecca high on Russell?

Yes.

yeti
11-30-2008, 07:30 PM
What stafford=russell?

FringeNC
11-30-2008, 07:34 PM
What stafford=russell?

No way. Stafford is the leader of that team. I am not as high on Stafford as many on here are, but comparing Russell to Stafford -- not even in the same league. I was floored when I first heard Russell might be the number one pick in the draft. I didn't think the guy would even be a first day pick.

The_Doctor10
11-30-2008, 07:37 PM
They probably never will; Davis has to stick with him, otherwise he looks even more foolish for firing Kiffin the way he did.

If Raider fans weren't tools en masse, I'd feel bad. Instead, I'm just gonna remain amused that they're openly rooting for the death of the owner, a sight not seen since the Chicago Blackhawks hoped for Bill Wertz's assassination.

yeti
11-30-2008, 07:39 PM
I hear everyone talk about stafford having the physical tools and not the touch or whatever to make it in nfl so since mecca is the official CP pimper of stafford I was wondering if this is a situation where mecca just likes QBs for their measurables. i thinkg Bowe made russell look better than he was at LSU

ChiefsCountry
11-30-2008, 07:53 PM
Stafford doesnt have near the team LSU did around him. I compared the two earlier but Stafford isnt close to Russell. Russell is a just a dumb ass and perfect for the Raiders.

SoCalBronco
11-30-2008, 08:43 PM
This makes me doubly embarassed by the fact that he completed 91% of his passes against us last week.

Sure-Oz
11-30-2008, 08:44 PM
Russell at best can hope for an Aaron Brooks career

Coach
11-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Russell at best can hope for an Aaron Brooks career

Even Brooks is worlds better than Russell, and that's not saying much.

StcChief
11-30-2008, 08:49 PM
Russell at best can hope for an Aaron Brooks careerreally looking that way now.

cdcox
11-30-2008, 08:57 PM
I think if you take a QB on undeveloped athleticism, you have to commit at least 4 years to him plus you need to have a proven QB coach to bring him along. If you are going to abandon him after 2 or 3 years, don't bother taking him in the first place.

I'm not a fan of taking a QB who you don't think have near NFL-level accuracy and some demonstrated ability to run an NFL-like offense because the success rate is too low and the time to find out what you have is too long.

TEX
11-30-2008, 08:58 PM
I don't care how many "tools" he has, he is inaccurate and stupid. I've never seen so many throws in an NFL game hit the ground with no receiver in sight.

This guy gave us the win, knocked us down in the draft, and assured Herm returns by the clinic he put on this afternoon.

Herm was always coming back regardless. :cuss:

RedNeckRaider
11-30-2008, 09:03 PM
I hear everyone talk about stafford having the physical tools and not the touch or whatever to make it in nfl so since mecca is the official CP pimper of stafford I was wondering if this is a situation where mecca just likes QBs for their measurables. i thinkg Bowe made russell look better than he was at LSU

Yeah he is really helping Thigpen now :rolleyes: he is Jeff George all over again a 60 million dollar arm and a dollar brain. That said Bowe aint all that.

Saul Good
11-30-2008, 09:19 PM
Yeah he is really helping Thigpen now :rolleyes: he is Jeff George all over again a 60 million dollar arm and a dollar brain. That said Bowe aint all that.
Bowe looked pretty damned good at the end of the game when he made a great catch on third down to ice the game.

smittysbar
11-30-2008, 10:00 PM
Not as bad as you are at beerpong. Jeremy had to carry your ass you "no-cup" chump. :D

Shit, I think he only made two cups, in four games. :D

BigRichard
11-30-2008, 10:11 PM
Bowe looked pretty damned good at the end of the game when he made a great catch on third down to ice the game.

Yeah but he is still dropping passes that he should be catching. I am not a big fan of Bowe.

J Diddy
11-30-2008, 10:13 PM
Yeah but he is still dropping passes that he should be catching. I am not a big fan of Bowe.

that screen pass he dropped in the first quarter was pathetic. My 6 year old could have made that.

MIAdragon
11-30-2008, 10:21 PM

So does Braylon Edwards and Id take him in a second.

Coach
11-30-2008, 10:24 PM

Keep in mind that Tony Gonzo suffered the case of dropsies during his sophmore year.

OnTheWarpath58
11-30-2008, 10:25 PM
So does Braylon Edwards and Id take him in a second.

The leaders in dropped passes are Edwards, Bowe and Calvin Johnson.

I'd love for someone to tell me which receiver they wouldn't want because of it...

KChiefs1
11-30-2008, 11:35 PM
This makes me doubly embarassed by the fact that he completed 91% of his passes against us last week.

that's disgraceful....:shake:

PastorMikH
12-01-2008, 12:00 AM
When should the Raiders cut their losses with Russell?

NEVER! Build the franchise around him for the next 15 years!

Ultra Peanut
12-01-2008, 01:42 AM
When should the Raiders cut their losses with Russell?

NEVER! Build the franchise around him for the next 15 years!This is my answer.

PhillyChiefFan
12-01-2008, 08:14 AM
Keep in mind that Tony Gonzo suffered the case of dropsies during his sophmore year.

yea he did, and everyone was ready to call him a bust.

He sort of turned it around I guess :)

cardken
12-01-2008, 10:01 AM
Donovan McNabb in Silver and Black next year? Who are other likely candidates:

Kurt Warner/Arizona Cardinals/UFA - Sources indicate that contract negotiations have been slow in getting Warner an extension but the team clearly doesn't trust Matt Leinart. If Warner continues to play well, look for the team to step up their effort to get Warner signed to a three-year deal.

Kerry Collins/Tennessee Titans/UFA - Things are going so well that it wouldn't be a surprise if they signed the veteran signal caller to an extension during the regular season.

Matt Cassel/New England Patriots/UFA - He's finally getting his shot to play and is starting to play better. Cassel could garner decent interest around the league next year if he continues to progress.

Jeff Garcia/Tampa Bay Buccaneers/UFA - The team hasn't shown much interest in getting him signed to a new deal but if they continue to win, Garcia could make it hard to management not to sign him. Tampa Bay also doesn't have a younger quarterback that's really ready to emerge as the starter at the position.

Others Who Could Find Interest For Backup Purposes

Chris Simms/Tennessee Titans/UFA
J.P. Losman/Buffalo Bills/UFA
Byron Leftwich/Pittsburgh Steelers/UFA
Rex Grossman/Chicago Bears/UFA
Kyle Boller/Baltimore Ravens/UFA
Luke McCown/Tampa Bay Buccaneers/UFA
David Carr/New York Giants/UFA
Patrick Ramsey/Denver Broncos/UFA
Brooks Bollinger/Dallas Cowboys/UFA
Dan Orlovsky/Detroit Lions/UFA
Charlie Frye/Seattle Seahawks/UFA