PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I may be pissed off that we won...

Count Alex's Losses
11-30-2008, 09:56 PM
But it's always fun to see some dudes in red helmets knock the shit out of some dudes in black helmets. TRUE BONECRUSHIN!

http://uranus.ckt.net/%7Egochiefs/HITONE.gif

http://uranus.ckt.net/%7Egochiefs/HITTWO.gif

http://uranus.ckt.net/%7Egochiefs/HITTHREE.gif

http://uranus.ckt.net/%7Egochiefs/HITFOUR.gif

http://uranus.ckt.net/%7Egochiefs/HITFIVE.gif

http://uranus.ckt.net/%7Egochiefs/HITSIX.gif

http://uranus.ckt.net/%7Egochiefs/HITSEVEN.gif

MIAdragon
11-30-2008, 09:57 PM
This is the first game in a long time where we had a FEW hard hits.

Short Leash Hootie
11-30-2008, 09:59 PM
Bonecrusher had a lot of nice hits today...and DJ played really well...too bad Russell was our best defense...you think Thigpen is inaccurate...shit.

Bowser
11-30-2008, 10:02 PM
How about Flowers knocking the shit out of a guy that's seven inches taller and 60-70 pounds heavier than he is.

DEN14 KC10
11-30-2008, 10:06 PM
You know things have changed when Chiefs fans no longer consider the Oakland Raiders their most hated division opponent. This week there was hardly any hate for the Raiders on this site.

I love the fact that Denver is now the most hated team in the division. I guess that happens when your team has only 6 losing seasons in a span of 35 years.

And this week, I expect to see a lot of Broncos hate threads on the Planet. I know sweeping the Broncos is your ultimate wet dream.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-30-2008, 10:07 PM
You know things have changed when Chiefs fans no longer consider the Oakland Raiders their most hated division opponent. This week there was hardly any hate for the Raiders on this site.

I love the fact that Denver is now the most hated team in the division. I guess that happens when your team has only 6 losing seasons in a span of 35 years.

And this week, I expect to see a lot of Broncos hate threads on the Planet. I know sweeping the Broncos is your ultimate wet dream.

I could easily see this be lucky number 7.

MIAdragon
11-30-2008, 10:09 PM
its because we suck dumbass.

cdcox
11-30-2008, 10:09 PM
When you're losing all your rivals are internal.

DEN14 KC10
11-30-2008, 10:10 PM
I could easily see this be lucky number 7.

You mean lucky number eight?

Invesco opened in 2001.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-30-2008, 10:12 PM
You mean lucky number eight?

Invesco opened in 2001.

No, I meant your 7th losing season. The Broncos aren't any good and are a couple of lucky calls from being 4-8. Can they beat the Chiefs this year? Guess they'll get a chance to prove it but so far they have been unable to do the one thing that everyone else has.

Darth CarlSatan
11-30-2008, 10:21 PM
How about Flowers knocking the shit out of a guy that's seven inches taller and 60-70 pounds heavier than he is.

Fuckin-A; That was my favorite thing about him as a pick; he's aggressive as fuck, and he want's to be a part of every play, EVERY time.
Love, love, LOVE #24!

DEN14 KC10
11-30-2008, 10:21 PM
No, I meant your 7th losing season. The Broncos aren't any good and are a couple of lucky calls from being 4-8. Can they beat the Chiefs this year? Guess they'll get a chance to prove it but so far they have been unable to do the one thing that everyone else has.

The team with the third best offense in football is not any good. Okay..

A team that has three straight road wins including triumphs against Atlanta and New York Jets is not any good.

Lucky calls? What other calls are you referring to other than Hochuli? Lets just forget about San Diego surrendering 486 yards and 39 points to Denver. Lets pretend that never happened.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-30-2008, 10:22 PM

A team that has three straight road wins including triumphs against Atlanta and New York Jets is not any good.

Lucky calls? What other calls are you referring to other than Hochuli? Lets just forget about San Diego surrendering 486 yards and 39 points to Denver. Lets pretend that never happened.

LMAO Keep reassuring yourself. Can you handle the KCupcakes?

Darth CarlSatan
11-30-2008, 10:22 PM

BOO-YA, Flopnuts!ROFL

Darth CarlSatan
11-30-2008, 10:34 PM

Aren't you late for your night-shift at the Elway Toyota Dealership?

"Wax on, Wax off", Grasshopper. "Wax on, Wax off".

pr_capone
11-30-2008, 10:37 PM
Pollard was STICKING people today. I wish he would stop whiffing the majority of the time always looking for the big hit.

If he could learn to tackle, he could yet become something great... the next Atwater?

That hit from Flowers really impressed me. He is the real deal.

Thig Lyfe
11-30-2008, 10:40 PM
The Raiders wear silver helmets.

Count Alex's Losses
11-30-2008, 10:40 PM
The Raiders wear silver helmets.

EAT SHIT AND DIE

yeti
11-30-2008, 10:42 PM

good teams don't lose home games

Darth CarlSatan
11-30-2008, 10:45 PM
Pollard was STICKING people today. I wish he would stop whiffing the majority of the time always looking for the big hit.

If he could learn to tackle, he could yet become something great... the next Atwater?

That hit from Flowers really impressed me. He is the real deal.

I loved the finish too. It was like; "and STAY the fuck down"!!!
Kid's gonna' be a monster.

Cornstock
11-30-2008, 10:51 PM
Do they still do that "Acme brick hits like a brick" segment at arrowhead? If they do they will have some legit material for a change in two weeks for the chargers game.

Also while we're talking about beating denver, how hilarious/awful would it be to win 3 of the next 4 and completly blow our draft

Darth CarlSatan
11-30-2008, 10:52 PM

If he could learn to tackle, he could yet become something great... the next Atwater?[quote=pr_capone;5261271]

This is why I am SO adamant about getting Maualuga; he'd be a perfect compliment to a guy like Pollard. Those times where Pollard is kind of hesitating and missing tackles; I can guarantee you Rey WON'T.

He, Pollard, and Leggitt could cure a LOT of ills on this defense as a team.

Short Leash Hootie
11-30-2008, 10:55 PM
well first off...any sort of a pass rush would immediately make our safeties look a LOT better.

Fruit Ninja
11-30-2008, 11:01 PM
Yeah, our secondary constantly has alot of pressure on them becuase of our pos dline.

Darth CarlSatan
11-30-2008, 11:02 PM
well first off...any sort of a pass rush would immediately make our safeties look a LOT better.

Absolutely. And from what I'm seeing, it might not be a bad idea to go back to an Outside Attack instead of stacking the box.
WITH the right personnel, of course.

I mean, what would it hurt to try? Our Red Zone defense has been pretty good. It's the REST of the field that's leaving a lot to be desired.

Short Leash Hootie
11-30-2008, 11:02 PM
Yeah, our secondary constantly has alot of pressure on them becuase of our pos dline.

Yep.

I can't judge Pollard or Page this year because of this. It's amazing we have as many takeaways as we do.

Cornstock
11-30-2008, 11:04 PM
Yep.

I can't judge Pollard or Page this year because of this. It's amazing we have as many takeaways as we do.

Mostly fumbles it seems like

Darth CarlSatan
11-30-2008, 11:05 PM

And that's where a lot of that hesitation is coming from. I just DON'T BUY rushing up the middle as a consistent, workable method that can achieve long-term success.

ThaVirus
11-30-2008, 11:11 PM
Notice Flowers and DJ both wrapped up as they delivered the monster hit, unlike Pollard. I really don't see why it's so hard to wrap up. Everybody's trying to make a highlight reel and be recognized by the Sportscenter junkies, but any real football fan would rather see a big 'textbook' tackle any day of the week. Don't get me wrong, those torpedo-like hits have their place, but not every time you go head up with someone.

Leggett also made some nice tackles today. Overall, I was impressed with our tackling today. Except with Fargas.. That guy always gives us trouble.

Darth CarlSatan
11-30-2008, 11:14 PM
Notice Flowers and DJ both wrapped up as they delivered the monster hit, unlike Pollard. I really don't see why it's so hard to wrap up. Everybody's trying to make a highlight reel and be recognized by the Sportscenter junkies, but any real football fan would rather see a big 'textbook' tackle any day of the week. Don't get me wrong, those torpedo-like hits have their place, but not every time you go head up with someone.

Leggett also made some nice tackles today. Overall, I was impressed with our tackling today. Except with Fargas.. That guy always gives us trouble.

I hear ya'. At least it IS improving.

pr_capone
11-30-2008, 11:17 PM
[quote=pr_capone;5261271]

This is why I am SO adamant about getting Maualuga; he'd be a perfect compliment to a guy like Pollard. Those times where Pollard is kind of hesitating and missing tackles; I can guarantee you Rey WON'T.

He, Pollard, and Leggitt could cure a LOT of ills on this defense as a team.

We are in serious need of a dominant DE.

That said, Babin made his presence felt in the game going against Kwame Harris.

He came nearest to a sack out of all the linemen. LOL

The only way that we pick Maualuga is if we trade down, assuming we end up with a 2 or 3 spot and pass on Stafford if the Lions wait until next year for their QBOTF.

Darth CarlSatan
11-30-2008, 11:25 PM
[quote=Darth CarlSatan;5261314]

The only way that we pick Maualuga is if we trade down, assuming we end up with a 2 or 3 spot and pass on Stafford if the Lions wait until next year for their QBOTF.

I was just thinking, in response to Cornstock, that the Chiefs are going to be looking at DE's and linemen a lot more in this draft than most fans here would like. I think there's gonna' be a serious "use the tools we have" approach, and shore up the most obvious deficiencies.
The ONE thing I wanted to get out of this season was a crystal clear picture of who and what the holes were on this team. That has happened in spades. If we lose TG and LJ, that changes everything.
It's gonna' be an interesting draft for sure.

88TG88
11-30-2008, 11:37 PM
U gonna post the highlights in parts ?

Count Alex's Losses
11-30-2008, 11:43 PM
U gonna post the highlights in parts ?

Why wouldn't I?

88TG88
11-30-2008, 11:44 PM
Why wouldn't I?

yay

Darth CarlSatan
12-01-2008, 12:01 AM
The St. Ides must be kickin' in... Every time I watch those hits, I see/hear THIS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shghaGIlljM

Good times, good times...:toast:

luv
12-01-2008, 12:07 AM
Congrats on managing not getting banned this week.

unothadeal
12-01-2008, 12:10 AM
Their helmets are silver

Hog Rider
12-01-2008, 12:10 AM
I loved the finish too. It was like; "and STAY the **** down"!!!
Kid's gonna' be a monster.

Would that then be a "Hellboy Hit"? "Now stay down!"

Darth CarlSatan
12-01-2008, 12:11 AM
Congrats on managing not getting banned this week.

You gotta' run the Gauntlet to learn the players and the rules; players and rules learned.

Thanks!

luv
12-01-2008, 12:12 AM
You gotta' run the Gauntlet to learn the players and the rules; players and rules learned.

Thanks!

I was referring to Claythan, but you're welcome.

Darth CarlSatan
12-01-2008, 12:12 AM

Absolutely! God, give that kid a pass-rush and look out; I can't WAIT.

Darth CarlSatan
12-01-2008, 12:13 AM
I was referring to Claythan, but you're welcome.

ROFL

Darth CarlSatan
12-01-2008, 12:31 AM

I do believe I've seen that before!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsMNyu77Ld8

Now he's added the wrap-up; Receivers Are Doomed.:evil:

chiefsngop
12-01-2008, 01:00 AM
Wow what a difference laying some wood can make.

I was advocating way back in preseason, for us to either bring in some hitters or train our guys better to bring some pain.

I backed off on that line of thinking after watching all the whiffing from Pollard and others, but sh*t, as long as they can wrap up, the big shots make a difference.

There were several occasions today where Oakland receivers were caught looking for where the hit was coming from, instead of focusing on the catch.

On a side note, anyone who's a Chiefs fan is painfully aware of how important the draft is, but I just can't get used to Chiefs fans saying sh*t like ; "I'm pissed that we won."

I know the reasoning for that thinking, but God does it sound awful, especially following Raider week.

Darth CarlSatan
12-01-2008, 01:07 AM
Wow what a difference laying some wood can make.

I was advocating way back in preseason, for us to either bring in some hitters or train our guys better to bring some pain.

I backed off on that line of thinking after watching all the whiffing from Pollard and others, but sh*t, as long as they can wrap up, the big shots make a difference.

There were several occasions today where Oakland receivers were caught looking for where the hit was coming from, instead of focusing on the catch.

On a side note, anyone who's a Chiefs fan is painfully aware of how important the draft is, but I just can't get used to Chiefs fans saying sh*t like ; "I'm pissed that we won."

I know the reasoning for that thinking, but God does it sound awful, especially following Raider week.

Amen. And some goodies from earlier outlining this sentiment:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5260999#post5260999)
I was hoping for 500 this year, but when it became apparent that wasn't happening, I just wanted one win a piece against our division rivals.
If I'm not mistaken, I think SD has to come to Arrowhead one more time, and their losing steam fast.

I can understand the desire for good draft position on the part of us as fans, but hoping the team will lose is bad medicine for our young team. And personally, I find it repulsive.

FLOPNUTS:
Coincidence or irony that the posters who don't believe in loser mentality are the ones suffering from it?

DCS:
True. And they don't seem to understand that it is absolutely miserable for displaced fans like myself, in the midst of fans from all over the NFL, when I can't even hold my fucking head at a 45-degree angle, much less up.

It's all fantastic and a big joke when you've got 50 other Chiefs fans around you to commiserate with; not so much when you're the only one.

BOOGBLASTER:
I'll take the win ... our youngsters needed it badly ... hopefully we can sweep the Donks next week and beat Deigo at home the following week ...

Darth CarlSatan
12-01-2008, 01:22 AM
What happened to Penz?

I'm guessing he's tied-up in some "Butterface's" basement, screaming for Taco Bell and "More Pale Ale, you FUCKING SOW"!!!!

ROFLROFLROFL

I love Penz...

PhillyChiefFan
12-01-2008, 06:53 AM

Proof positive that he will be a stud.

The Johnson hit on Fargas was just awesome. He probably didn't know where he was for a while.

InChiefsHell
12-01-2008, 06:56 AM
Nobody should be pissed that the Chiefs beat the Raidurs unless you are a Raidur fan...period.

Tiger's Fan
12-01-2008, 07:22 AM
Pollard still sucks, and isn't the answer at SS.

crazycoffey
12-01-2008, 07:34 AM
[quote=Darth CarlSatan;5261314]

I've really started to like what I see in Babin, for where he was drafted; the time he's been on the field it seems like he's making strides to be a starter someday soon. (not because of injury.....)

Chief Faithful
12-01-2008, 08:53 AM
The win also makes the Chiefs Planet a more enjoyable place to play.

Bwana
12-01-2008, 09:00 AM
JACKED UP!

Count Alex's Losses
12-01-2008, 05:14 PM
Bump.

pr_capone
12-01-2008, 05:16 PM
I've really started to like what I see in Babin, for where he was drafted; the time he's been on the field it seems like he's making strides to be a starter someday soon. (not because of injury.....)

just for note.... I am the one that said that in your quote, not DCS.

crazycoffey
12-01-2008, 06:08 PM
just for note.... I am the one that said that in your quote, not DCS.

just for note.... I quoted your quote with his quote in it, and it looks like I messed up part of the end quote and it looks like his quote and

ah F it - STFU!!!! :D

Fruit Ninja
12-01-2008, 06:18 PM
I wanna see Pollard play like that all the time. Hit a motherfucker hard. he doesnt always have to make the big play. Make them fear you and it will come.

Darth CarlSatan
12-01-2008, 06:28 PM
I wanna see Pollard play like that all the time. Hit a motherfucker hard. he doesnt always have to make the big play. Make them fear you and it will come.

Word.

JASONSAUTO
12-01-2008, 06:28 PM

and THEN the guy heard the footsteps later and dropped ANOTHER ball just as flowers was about to unload againROFL

MahiMike
12-01-2008, 07:31 PM
When you're losing all your rivals are internal.

oooh, quotable.