PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Props to Larry Johnson

Short Leash Hootie
11-30-2008, 09:09 PM
He ran HARD today...he didn't get a lot of holes, and he ran hard every run and did well blocking as well...I really think this year has humbled him and he's trying to be a better person/teammate...he also finished his runs very strong and had several 2-4 yard carries where he made something out of absolutely nothing. Statistically a mediocre day but this was a very promising afternoon for LJ.

Today was the best he's looked from a consistency standpoint in a long time...he still has plenty left in the tank IMO...

Mr. Flopnuts
11-30-2008, 09:10 PM
Yeah. He'll be here next year.

Count Zarth
11-30-2008, 09:12 PM
He has his own thread, y'know.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-30-2008, 09:13 PM
He has his own thread, y'know.

Larry Johnson cannot be contained in 1 thread.

Short Leash Hootie
11-30-2008, 09:14 PM
I have been 100% happy with him since his return...what wonders an offense without 100% predictability can do for an elite back like LJ...

For anyone who thinks/thought he had little left in the tank, they are wrong...he literally looks as good as ever...he just doesn't have Roaf/Shields/and the Vermeil offense anymore...

Count Zarth
11-30-2008, 09:16 PM
Our run blocking is still not very good and he's averaging 4.6 YPC this year.

We get a couple upgrades this offseason and he's gonna be a total stud again.

Short Leash Hootie
11-30-2008, 09:18 PM
plus everyone has a year to mature...I've been saying for a long time Tony Gonzalez still has two or three PRIME years left in his tank...hopefully he doesn't lose the will to keep playing.

MIAdragon
11-30-2008, 09:18 PM
Mike Cox has really helped.

Count Zarth
11-30-2008, 09:19 PM
Mike Cox has really helped.

Mine too!

Short Leash Hootie
11-30-2008, 09:35 PM
I wish they'd use Charles in the Wildcat rather than LJ...him looking to throw that one out of the Wildcat almost made me want to vomit...he just isn't meant to take direct snaps...we all know what's coming...

blueballs
11-30-2008, 09:45 PM
No one knows what it's like to be the bad man
the sad man
behind blue eyes

Brock
11-30-2008, 09:47 PM
Shouldn't your wildcat back be a threat to throw?

Short Leash Hootie
11-30-2008, 09:48 PM
Shouldn't your wildcat back be a threat to throw?

Yeah...and quite frankly, I don't ever want to see LJ throw a pass.

Charles is the much better Wildcat option...Charles can be Ronnie Brown and LJ can be Ricky Williams...but I don't really need to see LJ take anymore direct snaps.

Short Leash Hootie
11-30-2008, 09:49 PM
Besides, Thigpen is actually a GREAT Wildcat QB...he's a damn good runner in open space.

Count Zarth
11-30-2008, 09:49 PM
Yeah...and quite frankly, I don't ever want to see LJ throw a pass.

Charles is the much better Wildcat option...Charles can be Ronnie Brown and LJ can be Ricky Williams...but I don't really need to see LJ take anymore direct snaps.

When have we ever seen Charles throw?

Larry has thrown one pass in his career...against Jacksonville in 2006. He's got an arm, they need to bust that shit out again!

theultimatekcchiefsfan
11-30-2008, 09:50 PM
I wish they'd use Charles in the Wildcat rather than LJ...him looking to throw that one out of the Wildcat almost made me want to vomit...he just isn't meant to take direct snaps...we all know what's coming...

I couldnt agree more.

Skip Towne
11-30-2008, 09:51 PM
LJ is nearly done. He isn't very tough to begin with. That is why he is afraid to block LB's. And he has lost a step and gets caught from behind alot. Trade him if anyone will take him.

Brock
11-30-2008, 09:52 PM
I don't know if Larry can throw or not, I'm just saying it might be a good idea to try to establish that in the minds of other teams before you put him back there. Otherwise, you may as well just hand it off to him.

Count Zarth
LJ is nearly done. He isn't very tough to begin with. That is why he is afraid to block LB's. And he has lost a step and gets caught from behind alot. Trade him if anyone will take him.

Career long 63 and 65-yard runs this year.

Yeah, he's lost a step.

Short Leash Hootie
When have we ever seen Charles throw?

Larry has thrown one pass in his career...against Jacksonville in 2006. He's got an arm, they need to bust that shit out again!

I've never seen Charles throw a ball...but you don't think he fits the Wildcat criteria a little better than LJ?

blueballs
He busted his ass last week
trying to keep the pick 6
from being a pick 6 -becoming more team orinated

Short Leash Hootie
11-30-2008, 09:53 PM

I've watched every snap of every Chiefs game for as long as I can remember...

And LJ's biggest problem the last two years was the scheme...Adrian Peterson wouldn't produce in the R2P2 with Damon Huard and Jordan Black and Damion McIntosh...

All it took was a little creativity and LJ looks every bit as good and explosive as he did in 2005 and 2006...

I don't think he's lost a step at all.

Skip Towne
11-30-2008, 09:56 PM
Career long 63 and 65-yard runs this year.

Yeah, he's lost a step.

I don't get the games on TV anymore but earlier this year I saw 3 DB's catch him from behind on the same play. He is definitely slowing down. Your idiot ass failed to see him when he was at his best. But, then, you don't know shit about football.

blueballs
11-30-2008, 09:57 PM
LJ has always looked slow at the line
like he was loping -hesitating

Count Zarth
11-30-2008, 09:58 PM
I don't get the games on TV anymore but earlier this year I saw 3 DB's catch him from behind on the same play.

Even in 2005 Larry never took runs to the house from 63 yards out.

He has never had speed like Jamaal Charles.

Your idiot ass failed to see him when he was at his best.I've had NFL Sunday Ticket since 2004 so you're wrong.

Short Leash Hootie
11-30-2008, 09:58 PM
I don't get the games on TV anymore but earlier this year I saw 3 DB's catch him from behind on the same play. He is definitely slowing down. Your idiot ass failed to see him when he was at his best. But, then, you don't know shit about football.

Well...Champ Bailey is a little faster than LJ...that's a given.

Trust me, today he looked EXCELLENT...and he only had 92 yards on 24 carries...

He finished his runs extremely well today.

Short Leash Hootie
11-30-2008, 09:59 PM
LJ has always looked slow at the line
like he was loping -hesitating

Yeah, I agree...especially behind the line of scrimmage...but that wasn't the case today...Larry was giving more hits than he was taking...some of his best runs were only 2 or 3 yards.

Skip Towne
11-30-2008, 10:01 PM
Well...Champ Bailey is a little faster than LJ...that's a given.

Trust me, today he looked EXCELLENT...and he only had 92 yards on 24 carries...

He finished his runs extremely well today.

Almost every DB is a little faster than LJ today. They didn't used to be. They would trade that slug if they could get someone to take him. They can't.

Brock
11-30-2008, 10:03 PM
Almost every DB is a little faster than LJ today. They didn't used to be. They would trade that slug if they could get someone to take him. They can't.

Well, he's here, and he's not going anywhere. So the team may as well use him as much as possible.

Count Zarth
11-30-2008, 10:05 PM

Dude Larry Johnson is averaging 4.6 YPC behind one of the WORST run blocking lines in the league.

Last year everyone was hooting and hollering that Kolby Smith was a better back than LJ...how's he done this year?

Sure doesn't have any 60-yard runs. Neither does Charles.

blueballs
11-30-2008, 10:10 PM
I can fully understand hating LJ for his treatment of women
but his on the field play has improved since reinstatement
alcohol is something he needs to stay the fuck away from

Skip Towne
11-30-2008, 10:13 PM
Dude Larry Johnson is averaging 4.6 YPC behind one of the WORST run blocking lines in the league.

Last year everyone was hooting and hollering that Kolby Smith was a better back than LJ...how's he done this year?

Sure doesn't have any 60-yard runs. Neither does Charles.

I don't get to see the games so I really can't argue. But he is a cancer and a horrible individual with declining skills. No way is he worth what we pay him. Trade him. But that's tough when nobody wants him.

Short Leash Hootie
11-30-2008, 10:19 PM
I don't get to see the games so I really can't argue. But he is a cancer and a horrible individual with declining skills. No way is he worth what we pay him. Trade him. But that's tough when nobody wants him.

I don't know how you're saying he has declining skills when you don't see him play...

Age.

Larry Johnson's 28 isn't nearly as weathered as Clinton Portis' 25...

He is the same guy as he was two years ago...but up until now he was utilized as the prime option in the R2P2...something not even LDT would be successful in.

The last three weeks has shown the guy doesn't have declining skills.

These are the same people who look at age and assume Tony Gonzalez' skills are declining...

ThaVirus
11-30-2008, 10:21 PM
LJ needs to develop some new moves. A nice spin move, powerful stiff arm, or something.. He just lowers his shoulder and let's the defense ride him to the ground most of the time. Luckily they just get tired of wrestling down his 230 pounds.

Johnny Vegas
11-30-2008, 10:33 PM
LJ is workin it! Agree that he doesn't need to be a wildcat threat when he has no real track record of his passing skills. The OC has no clue what to do with RB's. Most of the game today I was wondering why the hell they were passing when they have the lead and all they need to do is pound the rock with LJ/Charles to kill the clock. LJ has been a blocking machine lately.

Jayhawkerman2001
11-30-2008, 10:45 PM
now that we got a pass game going its opening him up.

Short Leash Hootie
11-30-2008, 10:55 PM
now that we got a pass game going its opening him up.

Exactly.

Give us a right side of the line and this guy will have a sensational 2009.

Knock on wood...but man, LJ's durability is seriously impressive...the foot injury was such a fluke...the guy gives hits and is NEVER shaken up...I never see that dude get up with a limp and he's a friggin' NFL running back...the most demanding position on the field. It's awesome.

Swazey
11-30-2008, 11:18 PM
LJ is workin it!

Lovely avatar, badmajama!.. LJ's misogynistic tendencies do not make him a bad RB. I believe he is really embarrassed by his legal woes and is ready to get back to the grind.... LJ, starting RB in 09.