PDA

View Full Version : Football Anyone else catch the Bronco inflicted leg injury yesterday?

HemiEd
12-01-2008, 01:56 PM
I was flipping between two games, so I didn't stick around for the names, don't like watching pain anyway.
I saw the block (senseless since it didn't make a difference in the play imo) in the side of the leg, by a Bronco. Next thing I know, the game is stopped for an injurred Jet.

Anyone catch the names and the details? Maybe it wasn't illegal, but it sure looked bad. Any fine to be expected?

Sofa King
12-01-2008, 02:16 PM
there definantly should be a fine... anyone that plays for the Broncos should be fined and booted from the NFL. lifetime ban.

Bob Dole
12-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Haven't seen anything but articles about the Donkey players taking dives in the second half so they could have extra timeouts.

StcChief
12-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Donxs=cut blocks 'r us

Lzen
12-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Same ole Donks. :shake:

Rain Man
12-01-2008, 03:22 PM
I refuse to watch the Broncos. In fact, next week I'll be covering half of my TV screen with cardboard.

Reerun_KC
12-01-2008, 03:22 PM
I refuse to watch the Broncos. In fact, next week I'll be covering half of my TV screen with cardboard.

At this point, maybe you might want to cover the whole screen? ROFL...

Monty
12-01-2008, 03:23 PM

That's going to be a PITA to move the cardboard from one side to the other after each quarter. ;)

talastan
12-01-2008, 03:45 PM
GD donkeys, ****ing cheats!! I'm trapped between the hope of a high draft pick and the idea that we could actually sweep the donks. :shrug: That would be sad to do so in year that is a rebuild for us. :shake:

HemiEd
12-01-2008, 03:56 PM
Haven't seen anything but articles about the Donkey players taking dives in the second half so they could have extra timeouts.

yep, they did that as well.

El Pendejo
12-01-2008, 03:58 PM
Donxs=cut blocks 'r us

Why not? Cut blocks = perfectly legal.

Cutler even threw a nice cut block yesterday.

orange
12-01-2008, 03:58 PM

They needed the extra time to point at the scoreboard and really rub it in.

El Pendejo
12-01-2008, 04:03 PM
yep, they did that as well.

Why not? The Jets were having some success with their no huddle. Besides it's really being blown out of proportion. It didn't happen after every play, and I think the only player who returned immediately after sitting out a play was Bly. In the post game interviews Bly pretty much admitted that he stayed down for two reasons...1) He was hurting, and 2) To fuck with Favre's rhythm.

That's just poor sportsmanship.

HemiEd
12-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Why not? The Jets were having some success with their no huddle. Besides it's really being blown out of proportion. It didn't happen after every play, and I think the only player who returned immediately after sitting out a play was Bly. In the post game interviews Bly pretty much admitted that he stayed down for two reasons...1) He was hurting, and 2) To **** with Favre's rhythm.

That's just poor sportsmanship.

I think Shannahan would have made a good crew chief in NASCAR. Stretch the rules until they break!

I sure don't remember the LBs name, but when he laid there for a while, it pretty much exstinguished a possible Jet rally.

InChiefsHell
12-01-2008, 04:14 PM

INdeed. It did seem that they were flopping all over like flies...

InChiefsHell
12-01-2008, 04:16 PM
GD donkeys, ****ing cheats!! I'm trapped between the hope of a high draft pick and the idea that we could actually sweep the donks. :shrug: That would be sad to do so in year that is a rebuild for us. :shake:

Goddammit, there is NEVER anything wrong with beating the Donks!! Unless we can get the #1 pick, then I can't believe the #5 pick is much worse.

I want the Donks DEAD! I want their wife DEAD! I want their family DEAD!

Bill Parcells
12-01-2008, 04:42 PM
I was at the game in brutal conditions. wind swept rain and temps in the lower 40's. I heard they were going for Kris Jenkins knees while he was being engaged in a block, but I haven't watched the replay of the game yet.

The acting/faking injuries late in the game was pathetic though.

Mile High Mania
12-01-2008, 04:52 PM
You guys really think they were faking injuries late in the game? Crazy.

Buck
12-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Was it Tom Nalen?

Bill Parcells
12-01-2008, 04:56 PM

What did you think? they were dropping like flies and popping right up after time was called, especially on that hurry up drive.

talastan
12-01-2008, 04:56 PM

Think no, saw it happen yes! :cuss: ****ing donks!

orange
12-01-2008, 05:00 PM
What did you think? they were dropping like flies and popping right up after time was called, especially on that hurry up drive.

They've been dropping like flies all year. That and the turnovers have been the story of the Broncos' season.

Bill Parcells
12-01-2008, 05:03 PM
They've been dropping like flies all year. That and the turnovers have been the story of the Broncos' season.

The better team won yesterday. but it was pretty obvious they were dropping like flies just to slow the game down. I was there, so there was no TV timeout. and I was watching them jump right up after the medical staff arrived time and time again.

Skip Towne
12-01-2008, 05:16 PM

Which half?

Bill Parcells
12-01-2008, 05:21 PM
Which half?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/customavatars/avatar537_3.gif

:eek:

Your personality is back! :thumb:

Simba
12-01-2008, 05:29 PM
I think Shannahan would have made a good crew chief in NASCAR. Stretch the rules until they break!

I sure don't remember the LBs name, but when he laid there for a while, it pretty much exstinguished a possible Jet rally.

The announcers also noticed the opportune "injuries".

Der Flöprer
12-01-2008, 05:37 PM
there definantly should be a fine... anyone that plays for the Broncos should be fined and booted from the NFL. lifetime ban.

I used this name for a mult one time. Dane convinced everyone it was Marlboro Chief and it got banned. Better luck with it n00b.

Von Dumbass
12-01-2008, 05:39 PM
The better team won yesterday. but it was pretty obvious they were dropping like flies just to slow the game down. I was there, so there was no TV timeout. and I was watching them jump right up after the medical staff arrived time and time again.

I wouldn't be surprised that they were really hurt because EVERYONE is hurt on our defense. But I think we did "fake" the injuries against the no huddle.

We had 2 backup safety's, 3 backup linebackers (2 of them rookies), and 1 backup rookie corner fresh off the practice squad in the game. They have not been playing together very long and I'm sure those guys weren't ready for a no huddle attack, due to inexperience.

El Pendejo
12-01-2008, 06:33 PM
I was at the game in brutal conditions. wind swept rain and temps in the lower 40's. I heard they were going for Kris Jenkins knees while he was being engaged in a block, but I haven't watched the replay of the game yet.

The acting/faking injuries late in the game was pathetic though.

Nonsense. Jenkins just got handled...plain and simple.

Bill Parcells
12-01-2008, 06:48 PM

Why is that nonsense? isn't that usually how the Broncos O-Line plays their opponents? :shrug:

Rain Man
12-01-2008, 07:02 PM
Which half?

Depends on how the coin flip goes.

aturnis
12-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Why not? Cut blocks = perfectly legal.

Cutler even threw a nice cut block yesterday.

Is that you in your picture.

tmax63
12-01-2008, 09:07 PM
It did seem like they had been taking flopping lessons from the the Spurs or the Jazz.

HemiEd
12-02-2008, 09:54 AM

The play I was referring to, should not be legal. The guy could have been injurred permanantly. It was a shot right to the side of his leg from behind, with his foot planted. I was curious why they didn't replay the hit, since the guy was down quite a while..

Bob Dole
12-02-2008, 12:30 PM

It's not really "crazy" when Bly admits to it to the media.

InChiefsHell
12-02-2008, 01:22 PM
It's not really "crazy" when Bly admits to it to the media.

He did? Awesome! Got a link?

Bob Dole
12-02-2008, 01:39 PM
He did? Awesome! Got a link?

Pick one. http://tinyurl.com/6mkmzf

orange
12-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Pick one. http://tinyurl.com/6mkmzf

Okay, I did.

``Just a bruise on my shin," Bly told the Rocky Mountain News of his injury. "You know Brett, him being a savvy vet, when he sees somebody down, he likes to do a no-huddle, catch a defense off balance. I knew that, so I just laid on the ground and let the pain go away. . . . But that's one thing you have to do - you have injuries, anything that's bothering you, stay on the ground, don't try to be Superman and rush back up because it can hurt your defense."

That's your "admission?"

From same article (www.nj.com by the way):

Afterwards and at his news conference today, Jets coach Eric Mangini refused to accuse the Broncos of foul play. And several Jets players also said they thought the injuries were legitimate.

Mecca
12-02-2008, 06:25 PM
If it's considered a legal blocking play by the league you can't really call it dirty can you?