PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Covitz: Collinsworth says Chiefs going in right direction

Tribal Warfare
12-01-2008, 11:29 PM
Collinsworth says Chiefs going in right direction (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/917545.html)

Count NBC Sports and NFL Network analyst Cris Collinsworth among those saying the Chiefs are on the right track in their rebuilding efforts.

“I may end up surprising you with what I think of the Chiefs,” Collinsworth told me a few days before Sunday’s win at Oakland, “but I actually think they’re doing some smart things.

“They clearly were not going to be competitive this year. There is something to be said for every few years, maybe every five years, to have one of those cleansings, when you let go some of your older players, you cut some salary, you put yourself in position to make bold moves for the future, you develop some younger players and give them some time and see what happens.

“Tyler Thigpen’s done all right from what I’ve seen. Is he the absolute answer at quarterback? I don’t know. I think Glenn Dorsey has to be a little better than what he’s been. And Larry Johnson has to be the cornerstone and has to get his act together off the field. If those things happen, they can get it turned around.”

What about Herm?

Collinsworth believes replacing Herm Edwards as head coach would undermine the rebuilding plan because a new staff will bring in new systems that may not be compatible with the players on Edwards’ roster.

“There is a benefit to having a plan, staying with the plan,” Collinsworth said. “If you are constantly making those kinds of changes, you’re going to constantly not get very good results.

“I know Herm can win in this league, I’ve seen him do it in two different cities. I would not make a change based on the decision to go the way they went this season. They knew they were going to have a tough year, and it came to that.”

Albert featured

Chiefs rookie offensive tackle BrandenAlbert is one of seven NFL players who shared his thoughts with ESPN The Magazine regarding safety issues off the field.

In a story titled “Living Scared” published on the one-year anniversary of the death of Sean Taylor, Albert said he and his fellow rookies were warned by the Chiefs’ security staff on how to avoid trouble.

“They told us what to do, where not to go, what not to do,” Albert said. “There are places I used to go that I can’t go to now. And I gotta watch myself when I come out of a nightclub, to see if anyone is following me. This is my new life — the life I wanted — so that’s how it goes.

“To be honest, a lot of guys get into trouble because they keep old crew members around, guys who are not bettering themselves. Then there are the new people who poke at us. There are three types: Nice people who just want to get to know you; people who think you’re rich and want something; and jealous people who want to start trouble.

“Fans don’t understand what that’s like. You feel like you’re alone. And I couldn’t believe it when Sean Taylor was killed. He was Superman on the field. But he wasn’t in real life”

Count Alex's Wins
12-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Collinsworth can go straight to hell. That's his direction.

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2008, 11:32 PM
Collinsworth can go straight to hell. That's his direction.

And you call yourself a football writer

:spock:

Count Alex's Wins
12-01-2008, 11:32 PM
I reserve the right to vent on this message board if I fucking feel like it.

kchero
12-01-2008, 11:36 PM
I reserve the right to vent on this message board if I ****ing feel like it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WL1lfSzgcAw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WL1lfSzgcAw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

crazycoffey
12-01-2008, 11:46 PM
money, I finally agree with something Collinsworth said...

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2008, 11:47 PM
I reserve the right to vent on this message board if I fucking feel like it.

Dude, I like you. You know that.

But sometimes, I'll call you on bullshit that is just plain bullshit.

You're better than that comment.

Count Alex's Wins
12-01-2008, 11:48 PM
Eh, I'm hopped on allergy medicine anyway. :D

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2008, 11:50 PM

Are you guys having a heat wave in Texas as well?

It was freaking 81 here today. We had record heat (in the 90's) in October.

Thanksgiving was 85.

So weird.

Count Alex's Wins
12-01-2008, 11:50 PM

Thanksgiving was 85.

So weird.

It's been in the 70s but tonight the temperature plummeted into the 30s. Put the fire on.

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2008, 11:52 PM
It's been in the 70s but tonight the temperature plummeted into the 30s. Put the fire on.

Well, that'll be good for your allergies! Especially if it goes below 32.

Hope you feel better.

Fish
12-01-2008, 11:54 PM
Collinsworth: "Chiefs going in right direction"
Mortensen: "Herm's Job Secure"
Gretz: "Herm Deserves 5 year Extension"
Wendler: "That Wasn't Progress"

One of these things is not like the other.......

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2008, 11:56 PM

Collinsworth's in shape and the rest aren't?

Taco John
12-01-2008, 11:58 PM
Glorious day!

Fish
12-01-2008, 11:58 PM

ROFL

Yes.

Count Alex's Wins
12-01-2008, 11:59 PM

Sorry, I'm in terrific shape.

DaneMcCloud
12-02-2008, 12:01 AM
Sorry, I'm in terrific shape.

Bowling Pin isn't a desirable shape

Count Alex's Wins
12-02-2008, 12:02 AM
Bowling Pin isn't a desirable shape

All I know is if we were being drafted for flag football teams Collinsworth would be first and I would be second.

DaneMcCloud
12-02-2008, 12:13 AM
All I know is if we were being drafted for flag football teams Collinsworth would be first and I would be second.

Just teasin'

SNR
12-02-2008, 12:16 AM
Does anyone else think that Chris Collinsworth is a total pedophile? The way he wears his shirt collar and that old wry smile he has all the time. He looks like he could totally lure children into his basement, and that he would too.

Count Alex's Wins
12-02-2008, 12:17 AM
Does anyone else think that Chris Collinsworth is a total pedophile? The way he wears his shirt collar and that old wry smile he has all the time. He looks like he could totally lure children into his basement, and that he would too.

You almost made me spit my hot chocolate all over the LCD, but I choked it down. ROFL

BryanBusby
12-02-2008, 12:33 AM

He'd have to stop making love to himself and his voice in order to be a pedophile. You know he said that crap just to hear himself talk.

crazycoffey
12-02-2008, 01:05 AM

in Fag Football, maybe...

Guru
12-02-2008, 01:25 AM

Thanksgiving was 85.

So weird.If you can't take the heat...,.

DaneMcCloud
12-02-2008, 01:27 AM
If you can't take the heat...,.

Turn on the A/C?

Guru
12-02-2008, 01:29 AM
Turn on the A/C?Well, you did get a new one this year. Might as well use it.

Actually, I was going to suggest you come to KC to cool off. :)

Fruit Ninja
12-02-2008, 02:02 AM

Thanksgiving was 85.

So weird.

Shit, i live 4 hours from L.A and its cold as shit here. The fog not once lifted up today. We are in the 30's. Yeah for some thats not cold, but i am in Cali after all.

*edit* my bad 40's, but my point still stands. Thats cold for a place that gets 110plus at times in the summer. hah

Guru
12-02-2008, 02:03 AM
Shit, i live 4 hours from L.A and its cold as shit here. The fog not once lifted up today. We are in the 30's. Yeah for some thats not cold, but i am in Cali after all.Pussy.:D

Fruit Ninja
12-02-2008, 02:11 AM
Pussy.:D

Hey, i liked the cold. Just saying. It wasnt no 81 degrees here. The colder the better, but once that shit gets to be about 20, thats enough. It can get into the 10-20's here at times. lol

Hell, i was wearing shorts and flip flops still. hah

blueballs
12-02-2008, 02:47 AM
seriously what else is he going to say
Herm Edwards needs to be fired and Gun is incompetent
I don't recall too many negative responses from any sports figures

TrickyNicky
12-02-2008, 03:01 AM
The media loves Herm. He's a good guy and very respectable as a person. I just don't think he is going to be able to lead us to anything but a choke job in the playoffs. A Carl retread isn't going to succeed at the highest level, just maintain the status quo.

ChiefGator
12-02-2008, 05:04 AM
seriously what else is he going to say
Herm Edwards needs to be fired and Gun is incompetent
I don't recall too many negative responses from any sports figures

Not putting too much stock in what Collinsworth says, but he is one of the sports figures that is the first to say "They are just playing terrible today", or "They couldn't catch a cold out there."

SenselessChiefsFan
12-02-2008, 07:13 AM
The more a person knows about football and the the NFL, the less they call for firing Herm Edwards.

Baconeater
12-02-2008, 07:27 AM
The more a person knows about football and the the NFL, the less they call for firing Herm Edwards.
Yeah, nobody here knows anything about football or the NFL. :rolleyes:

HemiEd
12-02-2008, 10:00 AM

ROFL

Buzz
12-02-2008, 10:12 AM

Herm, that you?

StcChief
12-02-2008, 10:13 AM
for once Colinsworth is right, we may be righting the ship. (mayube Despite Herm). Gailey's open up offense. Maybe the D can start gelling with healthy starters in the next 4 games and we can see what we have.... less Cover2.

We have a kicker it looks like.... ST improvements will follow as backups/STers gell.

too early for the "feel good" but definitely moving in the right direction IMO.

Darth CarlSatan
12-02-2008, 10:15 AM

No excuses! I hate that skinny, smarmy sack of shit too. It doesn't matter how well this team is doing, that sack of ex-receiver dung gives NO respect. Ever. Of course he thinks we're moving in the right direction!

What was he anyway, a Brown? A Bengal? Get fucked, Collinsworth; my ears and eyes automatically shut down when I see your face on TV. Sell body parts on the black market for a living, and get the fuck off my television.

BigChiefFan
12-02-2008, 11:40 AM
So basically, once we shitcanned Herm's philosophies, we started moving in the right direction? Boy, that's a ringing endorsement to keep him around.

Rausch
12-02-2008, 11:44 AM
“Tyler Thigpen’s done all right from what I’ve seen. Is he the absolute answer at quarterback? I don’t know. I think Glenn Dorsey has to be a little better than what he’s been. And Larry Johnson has to be the cornerstone..."

Credibility = all gone.

If your think LJ is the cornerstone of the Chiefs' future you haven't been paying attention...

Darth CarlSatan
12-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Credibility = all gone.

If your think LJ is the cornerstone of the Chiefs' future you haven't been paying attention...

Yep; that's the one that absolutely doesn't jive.

jidar
12-02-2008, 11:55 AM
eh? Why do people hate Collinsworth? I've always thought he was pretty decent.

TrickyNicky
12-02-2008, 12:03 PM
I don't think anyone has a problem with Collinsworth, just the content of his message.

Rausch
12-02-2008, 12:17 PM
eh? Why do people hate Collinsworth? I've always thought he was pretty decent.