PDA

View Full Version : Help Me get into my FF Playoffs

Buck
12-02-2008, 01:26 PM
I'm in 4th place in both of my leagues going into this final regular season week. Only the top 4 make the playoffs.

In one league, I am 7-6 and up by 9 points over the 5th place guy who is also 7-6.

In this league I need advice on my QB and RB

PICK 1
Kurt Warner vs. St Louis
Aaron Rodgers vs. Houston

PICK 2
Marshawn Lynch vs. Miami
Steve Slaton @ Green Bay
Chris Johnson vs. Tennessee

In my other league, I'm at 4th place at 7-6, and I'm 300+ points away from 5th place who is also 7-6, but I just so happen to be facing him this week...

I have the most points by far in this league, but I've had a few shitty weeks...

Anyways...

PICK 1
Kurt Warner vs. St Louis
Kerry Collins vs. Cleveland

PICK 3
Lance Moore vs. Atlanta
Terrell Owens @ Pittsburgh
Reggie Wayne vs. Cincinatti
Vincent Jackson vs. Oakland
TJ Houshmanzadeh (championship) @ Indianapolis

PICK 2
Michael Turner @ New Orleans
Jonathan Stewart vs. Tampa Bay
Ricky Williams @ Buffalo
Willie Parker vs. Dallas

PICK 1
Anthony Fasano @ Buffalo
Bo Scaife vs. Cleveland

Thanks for the advice.

Deberg_1990
12-02-2008, 01:31 PM
Kurt Warner against St Louis should be a no brainer.

Dicky McElephant
12-02-2008, 01:32 PM
1st League -

Kurt Warner
Steve Slaton
Chris Johnson vs. Browns

2nd League -

Kurt Warner
Reggie Wayne
TJ Houshmanzadeh
Terrell Owens
Michael Turner
Willie Parker
Anthony Fasano

smittysbar
12-02-2008, 02:03 PM
I'm in 4th place in both of my leagues going into this final regular season week. Only the top 4 make the playoffs.

In one league, I am 7-6 and up by 9 points over the 5th place guy who is also 7-6.

Warner- great match up, he also seems more constant
PICK 1
Kurt Warner vs. St Louis
I am assuming you mean Chris Johnson vs. Cleavland. Can't seem to go wrong here, I would start Lynch, and Johnson
PICK 2
Marshawn Lynch vs. Miami
Steve Slaton @ Green Bay

In my other league, I'm at 4th place at 7-6, and I'm 300+ points away from 5th place who is also 7-6, but I just so happen to be facing him this week...

I have the most points by far in this league, but I've had a few shitty weeks...

Anyways...
Warner defiantly!
PICK 1
Kurt Warner vs. St Louis
Owens, Wyane, and TJ
PICK 3
Lance Moore vs. Atlanta
Turner and Parker, wouldn't even consider williams, but watch Parkers news this week.
PICK 2
Ricky Williams @ Buffalo
Willie Parker vs. Dallas
Scaife
PICK 1
Anthony Fasano @ Buffalo
Bo Scaife vs. Cleveland

Thanks for the advice.

^^^^^^^^^

Nzoner
12-02-2008, 02:16 PM
I pretty much agree with Smitty except on the 2nd team I'd have to seriously consider going with Slaton over Lynch as the kid has been on fire as of late and the Packers rush defense has been horrendous as seen this last week when they gave up 4 td's to DeAngelo Williams.

Secondly,I'd go Lance Moore over TJ,based on the fact that he has all but become Brees' first option,it's a must win game being hosted by the Saints and the Saints are a throw first team.Not saying TJ is a bad choice but given the fact that Fitzpatrick is the qb I just think you could do better.

smittysbar
12-02-2008, 02:22 PM
I pretty much agree with Smitty except on the 2nd team I'd have to seriously consider going with Slaton over Lynch as the kid has been on fire as of late and the Packers rush defense has been horrendous as seen this last week when they gave up 4 td's to DeAngelo Williams.

Secondly,I'd go Lance Moore over TJ,based on the fact that he has all but become Brees' first option,it's a must win game being hosted by the Saints and the Saints are a throw first team.Not saying TJ is a bad choice but given the fact that Fitzpatrick is the qb I just think you could do better.

I agree, those were the only two that I had trouble on deciding, one thing is you have 3 verg good RBs to choose from, Slayton has been on fire, and the Bills seem to put the offense on Lynch so you can't go wrong.

And for Moore and TJ, The reason I picked TJ was that I was thinking how far down the team would be and having to go to the air, lots of targets. Moore is a good choice too. That is a tough one to call.

rtmike
12-03-2008, 07:57 PM
PICK 1
Kurt Warner vs. St Louis
-GB has been leaning on Ryan Grant, (although I think he's hurt)
Warner has been a fantasy stud all year.

PICK 2
Marshawn Lynch vs. Miami
Steve Slaton @ Green Bay
-C. Johnson shares the load.
-Slaton's doesn't have Green ahead of him anymore & Lynch very will could get the rock more to keep from having to rely on T. Edwards.

PICK 1
Kurt Warner vs. St Louis
-see above

PICK 3
Lance Moore vs. Atlanta 14th pass defense

Reggie Wayne vs. Cincinatti 3rd pass defense

TJ Houshmanzadeh (championship) @ Indianapolis 22nd p.d.
-Pittsburgh secondary had R. Moss seeing ghosts. 16th p.d.
-Raiders #1 p.d.

PICK 2
-Division game, 100 yds. & 1TD. I hope for more cause he's one of my starter's.
-R. Williams has been too sporatic
-Parker's still hurt.

PICK 1
Anthony Fasano @ Buffalo
Bo Scaife vs. Cleveland
-Flip a coin :D

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-03-2008, 08:50 PM

PICK 1
Kurt Warner vs. St Louis

PICK 2
Marshawn Lynch vs. Miami
Steve Slaton @ Green Bay

Anyways...

PICK 1
Kurt Warner vs. St Louis

PICK 3
Lance Moore vs. Atlanta

PICK 2
Ricky Williams @ Buffalo
Willie Parker vs. Dallas

PICK 1
Anthony Fasano @ Buffalo
Bo Scaife vs. Cleveland

Thanks for the advice.

Mecca
12-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Kurt Warner against St Louis should be a no brainer.

What if you have Jay Cutler too...that's my issue at QB this week.

Dicky McElephant
12-03-2008, 09:34 PM
What if you have Jay Cutler too...that's my issue at QB this week.

You still go with Warner.

Mecca
12-03-2008, 09:42 PM
You still go with Warner.

Which 2 RB's with you go with here...

Turner
Barber
Slaton
Brown
Parker

and I need 2 of these 3 WRs

Marshall
Cotchery
Desean Jackson

and a decision on either the Eagles or Bears defense.

healthpellets
12-04-2008, 07:07 AM
stick with warner over cutler.

based on SOS alone, i'd go with Slaton / Brown.

Barber is playing @ PIT...not a situation in which i'd be relying on a banged up starter to get me some points.

Turner is an overrated fantasy footballer. And NO doesn't give up many points to RBs.

And I wouldn't trust Parker to carry my groceries to my car without stepping in a hole and twisting his knee.

Marshall / Cotchery. Because i wouldn't want to start an unreliable WR against the NYG. Oh, and because Marshall is a must start and Crotchery is going against the not-so-stellar secondary of the 49ers.

Chicago. JAX can't go the game without at least two turnovers, and the Bears will probably score off of one. PHI won't get more than 1 TO from the NYG and may not get anyway. And to top it off, CHI will hold JAX to less points.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 02:51 PM
You know the Eagles have the #1 rated fantasy D...just sayin...and Turner is the 2nd rated RB so to say he's overrated is a bit much..

Browns declining in production over the last several weeks.

smittysbar
12-04-2008, 04:19 PM
Which 2 RB's with you go with here...

Turner
Barber
Slaton
Brown
Parker

and I need 2 of these 3 WRs

Marshall
Cotchery
Desean Jackson

and a decision on either the Eagles or Bears defense.

rtmike
12-05-2008, 05:39 PM
Not one person picked Vincent Jackson and look what he did to that #1 pass defense.

It just goes to show the talking heads, stats & all the keyboard experts are all just shooting in the dark when it comes to FF.

It's nice to bounce ideas off others to help stimulate thought but it sure seems to be more about luck than anything else.

Dicky McElephant
12-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Not one person picked Vincent Jackson and look what he did to that #1 pass defense.

It just goes to show the talking heads, stats & all the keyboard experts are all just shooting in the dark when it comes to FF.

It's nice to bounce ideas off others to help stimulate thought but it sure seems to be more about luck than anything else.

You just now figured out that FF is all about luck? Way to go smart one!

StcChief
12-05-2008, 06:03 PM
it's all about the matchups.

Buck
12-05-2008, 06:19 PM
Well Vincent Jackson had 20 points last night and I didn't start him in one of my leagues, I did in the other cause he was one of only 3 WRs I had available...stupid Plaxico Burress.

rtmike
12-07-2008, 02:14 PM
You just now figured out that FF is all about luck? Way to go smart one!

You can always count on someone trying to belittle another's opinion around here...:thumb:

Buck
12-08-2008, 11:41 AM
In the league in which I started Vincent Jackson (20 Pts) I made it into the playoffs pretty soundly.

In the other league in which I didn't start him,

I need Jonathan Stewart of Carolina to score at least 3 more points than Matt Bryant (K) of Tampa Bay and I'm in.

smittysbar
12-09-2008, 11:45 PM
Looks like your in

Buck
12-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Looks like your in

Oh yeah, I'm in...

Somehow in the one league that I didn't start Jackson, I made it up to the #3 seed. I'm the #4 seed in the other league.

In the league in which I am the #4 seed, I am 1-5 against the 3 other teams, and I finished with a 8-6 Record...So that means I went 7-1 vs. Non-Playoff teams.