PDA

View Full Version : Do you use the C-word?

RedNeckRaider
12-02-2008, 05:25 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27890640/

By Bill Briggs
msnbc.com contributor
updated 10:42 a.m. CT, Tues., Dec. 2, 2008
Two things stoked Erin Nash’s anger when she trolled the malls last year. First, most stores trumpeted their “holiday” sales. Second, every sales clerk robotically wished their customers “Happy holidays.” The word “Christmas,” Nash felt, had been discarded by the retailers like a wad of crumpled wrapping paper.

So the Fort Benning, Ga., resident took a yuletide stand.

“It became a test to me: I began wishing cashiers a ‘Merry Christmas’ to see if anyone would actually wish me a ‘Merry Christmas’ back,” Nash says None did.

In another city, at another mall, wherever Michelle Hesse encountered Christmas music or “Merry Christmas” greetings at certain stores, she privately cringed and vowed not to return.

“I just oppose people saying that their God is better or the only one. And I get that mostly at Christmas,” said Hesse, a stay-at-home mom from Lake Charles, La. “I have noticed (I get) looks when I do not reply with ‘Merry Christmas.’”

As American shoppers embark on their annual shopping binge — amid the Grinchiest economy in decades — a prickly marketing question splits American consumers and stores: “Christmas” or “holiday”? Like shoppers Nash and Hesse, various retailers hold conflicting theories on how much Christmas spirit should be injected into their advertising campaigns and their in-store environments.

Wal-Mart, Kohl’s and Target all recently brought back or bumped up their Christmas-friendly language. The word “Christmas” can be seen throughout the Web sites of all three retail chains, either in marketing themes or product descriptions: “Your one stop Christmas shop,” “Christmas ribbons” and “Christmas décor.”

Tell us your story

Are you cutting back this holiday season? Will the weak economy impact your spending plans? Upload the details.

Banana Republic, by contrast, is using a “Most wanted for holiday” sales pitch, and if cyber-shoppers type “Christmas” into the retailer’s online search box, they get “0 results.” Sister company Old Navy is employing a “Home for the holidays” message. A similar “Christmas” search of Old Navy’s online merchandise returns only one mention: “Christmas tree sleep sets for baby.”

And then there’s Best Buy, which has tried to find a gentle compromise between the two seasonal poles. Two years ago, Best Buy’s advertising excluded any reference to Christmas, leading spokeswoman Dawn Bryant to explain: “There are several holidays throughout that time period, and we certainly need to be respectful of all.” Now the electronics chain is mixing a “Happier Holidays” logo with its “Merry Christmas” gift cards and has filmed TV ads in which its employees talk about “Christmas.”

Taco John
12-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Erin Nash is a c***.

Rausch
12-02-2008, 05:27 PM
I'm not a big religion person but I use it in situations where it makes liberals/atheists uncomfortable...

CrazyPhuD
12-02-2008, 05:28 PM
I thought this was going to be about chiggers...those bastards always make me itch so much.

DaFace
12-02-2008, 05:29 PM
I don't really understand the outrage over the word "Christmas." Yeah, the holiday is based on Christianity, but there are a ton of people who celebrate the holiday in completely non-religious ways. I'm about as atheist as they come, and it doesn't bother me in the least.

Oh, and note that I titled the prefix of this thread "Christmas" rather than "Winter Holidays" or whatever. There's too much PC BS in our world today IMO.

Sully
12-02-2008, 05:32 PM
December 2, the first "Christmas is under attack!!!!!" thread.
I think it's later than usual this year.

Rausch
12-02-2008, 05:34 PM
“I just oppose people saying that their God is better or the only one. And I get that mostly at Christmas,” said Hesse, a stay-at-home mom from Lake Charles, La. “I have noticed (I get) looks when I do not reply with ‘Merry Christmas.’”

Well, if you weren't a convincing dumbidge you'd say something like "thank you" and move on. Like me. I'm not a religious person and since I don't believe in it it hurts my ego about as much as the easter bunny.

But their point isn't that beliefs should be respected, their point is that they don't respect the beliefs presented to them and they shouldn't HAVE TO feel uncomfortable.

Sensitive n00bs...

Count Alex's Losses
I'd like to find a chick who uses it in the throes of passion.

Taco John
This woman is looking for Christmas at a shopping mall.

munkey
12-02-2008, 05:35 PM
i say c&nt all the time ;-)

munkey
12-02-2008, 05:36 PM
Sensitive n00bs...

you mean "sensitive c&nts"

DaneMcCloud
12-02-2008, 05:40 PM
For the past 10-12 years, I've just said "Happy Holidays".

It's stupid for me to get worked up over it and even worse to think it might offend someone.

Fuck it.

Happy Holidays, Motherfuckers!

RedNeckRaider
12-02-2008, 05:43 PM
December 2, the first "Christmas is under attack!!!!!" thread.
I think it's later than usual this year.

I do not want this to be a DC type thread. I do not want to offend anyone, I will do that when I openly wish everyone a Merry Christmas later in the month :) I was just wondering how many here do. I would like for everyone to stay civil and if they are not than the mods should move it to DC and I will be done with it.

Dicky McElephant
12-02-2008, 05:45 PM
Merry fucking Jesus Christmas!

Deberg_1990
12-02-2008, 05:50 PM
Thanksgiving now = Fall Harvest or Harvet Festival

Christmas now = Winterval Festivus

Thank You politically correct society!!

Sully
12-02-2008, 05:58 PM
I do not want this to be a DC type thread. I do not want to offend anyone, I will do that when I openly wish everyone a Merry Christmas later in the month :) I was just wondering how many here do. I would like for everyone to stay civil and if they are not than the mods should move it to DC and I will be done with it.

It's just funny that we read the same story year after year.
These are private companies, and make these decisions for a reason. Apparently they have information that tells them it is better for their business to stick with the generic "holidays" over "Christmas." I seriously doubt, though, that there is some groundswell (as we hear year after year) of people who are honestly "offended" when they hear the word "Christmas." Hell, it's probably hardest on the worker in the store, who sees someone, isn't sure what their background is (Is that lady Mexican? Italian? Middle Eastern? Indian?), and the company just makes it easier on them by handing them a script with the company policy-guided "Holidays" term. I can't tell you how many crappy jobs I've held where we answer the phone with a scripted message, and when I'm at home, I end up answering the same way. "Thank you for calling Kinko's, where we make Holiday Calendars in 24 hours, may I help you?"
My comment was a snide remark based on the fact that I think this is a total non-story that is rehashed yearly, while each side yells at the other for being overly sensitive. My personal belief is that the side crying about hearing "Happy Holidays" is crying too much. I assume you think this (IMO imaginary) group of people screaming about folks telling them Merry Christmas is crying too much.

Saggysack
12-02-2008, 05:59 PM
I don't say Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays. It is nothing more than the buying season. Delightful Shopping!

CrazyPhuD
12-02-2008, 06:06 PM
Bah Humbug?

It works and isn't religious :shrug:

kcchiefsus
12-02-2008, 06:09 PM
In another city, at another mall, wherever Michelle Hesse encountered Christmas music or “Merry Christmas” greetings at certain stores, she privately cringed and vowed not to return.

Screw you bitch, go fuck a shotgun barrell.

Mecca
12-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Screw you bitch, go fuck a shotgun barrell.

That's not very sporting...

RedNeckRaider
12-02-2008, 06:20 PM
It's just funny that we read the same story year after year.
These are private companies, and make these decisions for a reason. Apparently they have information that tells them it is better for their business to stick with the generic "holidays" over "Christmas." I seriously doubt, though, that there is some groundswell (as we hear year after year) of people who are honestly "offended" when they hear the word "Christmas." Hell, it's probably hardest on the worker in the store, who sees someone, isn't sure what their background is (Is that lady Mexican? Italian? Middle Eastern? Indian?), and the company just makes it easier on them by handing them a script with the company policy-guided "Holidays" term. I can't tell you how many crappy jobs I've held where we answer the phone with a scripted message, and when I'm at home, I end up answering the same way. "Thank you for calling Kinko's, where we make Holiday Calendars in 24 hours, may I help you?"
My comment was a snide remark based on the fact that I think this is a total non-story that is rehashed yearly, while each side yells at the other for being overly sensitive. My personal belief is that the side crying about hearing "Happy Holidays" is crying too much. I assume you think this (IMO imaginary) group of people screaming about folks telling them Merry Christmas is crying too much.
I really do not care what people think when dealing with them in person. I say Merry Christmas and if it offends someone I really could care less. If someone is upset by it is their problem. I shop at stores that use Happy Holidays and am not offended as I look at it as the safe play for them. As I said I was just wondering how many feel like I do, and have no desire to try and change the minds of those who dont. Just seeking a civil answer how people feel.

Saulbadguy
12-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Retard alert, aisle 3. I'm surprised this dumbass redneck bullshit wasn't posted before thanksgiving.

Saulbadguy
12-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Good thread title, btw.

Al Bundy
12-02-2008, 06:22 PM
I say merry christmas to everyone.. especially if I can tell that they are muslim or jewish.

RedNeckRaider
12-02-2008, 06:23 PM
Retard alert, aisle 3. I'm surprised this dumbass redneck bullshit wasn't posted before thanksgiving.

ROFL you are a total joke

Donger
12-02-2008, 06:24 PM
Only when I'm really angry with the wife.

Saulbadguy
12-02-2008, 06:24 PM
ROFL you are a total joke

Erin Nash is a total joke.

MichaelH
12-02-2008, 06:26 PM
I guess there's a plus to living in the Southern Bible belt. The thought of not saying "Merry Christmas" has never entered my mind or anyone I know. I'm not a religious person in the sense of going to church and giving money to organized religion, but I feel if "Merry Christmas" offends you, then you better pack your bags and move to another country. This PC stuff has gone way too far.

mikeyis4dcats.
12-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Michelle Hesse is a cunt.

RedNeckRaider
12-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Erin Nash is a total joke.

Ok I guess I know where you stand. As I said I would prefer civil and my response like yours was not.

Saulbadguy
12-02-2008, 06:27 PM
I really do not care what people think when dealing with them in person. I say Merry Christmas and if it offends someone I really could care less. If someone is upset by it is their problem. I shop at stores that use Happy Holidays and am not offended as I look at it as the safe play for them. As I said I was just wondering how many feel like I do, and have no desire to try and change the minds of those who dont. Just seeking a civil answer how people feel.
I say happy holidays, as it encompasses Thanksgiving, *insert winter gift giving holiday here*, and New Years.

Count Alex's Losses
12-02-2008, 06:33 PM
Only when I'm really angry with the wife.

"Cunt" sounds delicious with a scottish accent.

stumppy
12-02-2008, 06:33 PM
Hell, I've been married to a couple different cun...........oh. You mean Christmas, of course I do. I try to wish everyone a Merry Christmas this time of the year. Unless it's one of those ****s I was married too.:D

Dicky McElephant
12-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Happy Jesus's Birthday!

Mr. Flopnuts
12-02-2008, 06:41 PM
I don't really understand the outrage over the word "Christmas." Yeah, the holiday is based on Christianity, but there are a ton of people who celebrate the holiday in completely non-religious ways. I'm about as atheist as they come, and it doesn't bother me in the least.

Oh, and note that I titled the prefix of this thread "Christmas" rather than "Winter Holidays" or whatever. There's too much PC BS in our world today IMO.

I have always wished people a merry Christmas. IMO, you don't have to respond if you don't believe it. Feel free to respond with a Shalom, or a happy Hanukkah, or even an asa lama lakum if you please.

Me wishing you a Merry Christmas is not a reflection of disrespect for your religon, it's a blessing straight from my own.

RedNeckRaider
12-02-2008, 06:43 PM
I have always wished people a merry Christmas. IMO, you don't have to respond if you don't believe it. Feel free to respond with a Shalom, or a happy Hanukkah, or even an asa lama lakum if you please.

Me wishing you a Merry Christmas is not a reflection of disrespect for your religon, it's a blessing straight from my own.

:clap: Outstanding reply!

Coach
12-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Merry Fucking Christmas!

BWillie
12-02-2008, 06:54 PM
I'm not a big religion person but I use it in situations where it makes liberals/atheists uncomfortable...

I'm agnostic, but I'd say I'm more towards an atheist than religious and wishing someone MERRY CHRISTMAS doesn't bother me in the slightest. I would actually prefer it. It also wouldn't bother me if I was in Iran and someone wished me Happy Ramadan or in Israel and someone wished me Happy Hanukkah. Whats the big deal?

Frazod
12-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Personally, I'll just be glad when it's over. I enjoy the time off from work, but beyond that, I view Christmas as an overblown, insincere mess. And I'm already sick of the goddamn music.

But as for people getting pissed over being wished a Merry Christmas, they can go eat a dick. Here's how I handle that, short and sweet:

ME: Merry Christmas.
DOUCHE: I'm not Christian.
ME: Then don't fucking have a Merry Christmas.

Works every time.

Ho Ho Ho

Jenson71
12-02-2008, 06:56 PM
I say Merry Christmas the whole year round; in fact, it's my usual greeting. Never too early to remember the Lord!

Mr. Flopnuts
12-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Personally, I'll just be glad when it's over. I enjoy the time off from work, but beyond that, I view Christmas as an overblown, insincere mess. And I'm already sick of the goddamn music.

But as for people getting pissed over being wished a Merry Christmas, they can go eat a dick. Here's how I handle that, short and sweet:

Works every time.

Ho Ho Ho

LMAO I can always look forward to some Frazod Holiday cheer!!!!

Frazod
12-02-2008, 07:02 PM
LMAO I can always look forward to some Frazod Holiday cheer!!!!

RNR was complaining the other day that I haven't had a good rant in a while.

So there you go. :D

CrazyPhuD
12-02-2008, 07:31 PM
Happy Jesus's Birthday!

Heh I make Jesus work on his birthday, I mean I know it's wrong but the bushes aren't going to trim themselves now are they?:shrug:

KcMizzou
12-02-2008, 07:34 PM

Works every time.

Ho Ho HoYou know, I never understood the fuss about it.

If someone wished me say... a Happy Hanukkah, I'd just thank them and go about my business. I mean, they're wishing you well, after all.

KcMizzou
12-02-2008, 07:35 PM

Me wishing you a Merry Christmas is not a reflection of disrespect for your religon, it's a blessing straight from my own.Yeah, this.

luv
12-02-2008, 07:36 PM
RNR was complaining the other day that I haven't had a good rant in a while.

So there you go. :D

That was not a rant. That was a pffft.

ClevelandBronco
12-02-2008, 07:43 PM
I wish most people happy holidays.

I wish non-practicing Christians a "merry" Christmas.

I go into more intimate detail with practicing Christians.

There's nothing to prove here to anyone, and challenging people is counterproductive.

LOCOChief
12-02-2008, 08:28 PM
I have to wonder, for those who are offended by it what was Christmas like for them when they were kids?

MahiMike
12-02-2008, 08:32 PM
I make it a point to reply "Merry Christmas" to any "Happy Holidays" greeting.

Then I smile and kick 'em in the nuts.

aturnis
12-02-2008, 08:32 PM
I only use the "C" word when I'm very angry at my girlfriend.

KcMizzou
12-02-2008, 08:33 PM
I only use the "C" word when I'm very angry at my girlfriend.LMAO

That was my thought when I first read the title.

Saulbadguy
12-02-2008, 08:40 PM
You know, I never understood the fuss about it.

If someone wished me say... a Happy Hanukkah, I'd just thank them and go about my business. I mean, they're wishing you well, after all.

That's how I feel, and how most people I know feel that do not celebrate Christmas.

Frazod
12-02-2008, 08:43 PM

I know. I'm just not particularly angry at the moment.

I'll work on it. :D

Thig Lyfe
12-02-2008, 08:45 PM
<style type='text/css'>.cc_box a:hover .cc_home{background:url('http://www.comedycentral.com/comedycentral/video/assets/syndicated-logo-over.png') !important;}.cc_links a{color:#b9b9b9;text-decoration:none;}.cc_show a{color:#707070;text-decoration:none;}.cc_title a{color:#868686;text-decoration:none;}.cc_links a:hover{color:#67bee2;text-decoration:underline;}</style><div class='cc_box' style='position:relative'><a href='http://www.comedycentral.com' target='_blank' style='display:inline; float:left; width:60px; height:31px;'><div class='cc_home' style='float:left; border:solid 1px #cfcfcf; border-width:1px 0px 0px 1px; width:60px; height:31px; background:url("http://www.comedycentral.com/comedycentral/video/assets/syndicated-logo-out.png");'></div></a><div style='font:bold 10px Arial,Helvetica,Verdana,sans-serif; float:left; width:299px; height:31px; border:solid 1px #cfcfcf; border-width:1px 1px 0px 0px; overflow:hidden; color:#707070;'><div class='cc_show' style='position:relative; background-color:#e5e5e5;padding-left:3px; height:14px; padding-top:2px; overflow:hidden;'><a href='http://www.colbertnation.com/' target='_blank'>The Colbert Report</a><span style='position:absolute; top:2px; right:3px;'>Mon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c</span></div><div class='cc_title' style='font-size:11px; color:#868686; background-color:#f5f5f5; padding:3px; padding-top:1px; line-height:14px; height:21px; overflow:hidden;'><a href='http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/211034/november-23-2008/a-colbert-christmas--toby-keith-sings' target='_blank'>A Colbert Christmas: Toby Keith Sings</a></div></div><embed style='float:left; clear:left;' src='http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:comedycentral.com:211034' width='360' height='301' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='window' allowFullscreen='true' flashvars='autoPlay=false' allowscriptaccess='always' allownetworking='all' bgcolor='#000000'></embed><div class='cc_links' style='float:left; clear:left; width:358px; border:solid 1px #cfcfcf; border-top:0px; font:10px Arial,Helvetica,Verdana,sans-serif; color:#b9b9b9; background-color:#f5f5f5;'><div style='width:177px; float:left; padding-left:3px;'><a target='_blank' href='http://www.colbertnation.com/video/tag/Christmas'>Colbert at Christmas</a><br /><a target='_blank' href='http://shop.comedycentral.com/detail.php?p=76445&v=comedy-central_shows_the-colbert-report&SESSID=e404c55c0698e438f4508b6b848da5eb'>Colbert Christmas DVD</a></div><div style='width:177px; float:left;'><a target='_blank' href='http://www.colbertnation.com/video?keywords=green+screen'>Green Screen</a><br /><a target='_blank' href='http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/81003/january-18-2007/bill-o-reilly'>Bill O'Reilly Interview</a></div><div style='clear:both'></div></div><div style='clear:both'></div></div>

Donger
12-02-2008, 08:47 PM
I only use the "C" word when I'm very angry at my girlfriend.

Girlfriend? Girlfriends don't count. Use the "C" word against a woman who can take half your stuff?

That counts.

aturnis
12-02-2008, 08:51 PM
Girlfriend? Girlfriends don't count. Use the "C" word against a woman who can take half your stuff?

That counts.

Sorry, I'm trying not to put myself in any kind of marriage situation...Too scary!

Donger
12-02-2008, 08:51 PM
Sorry, I'm trying not to put myself in any kind of marriage situation...Too scary!

C*nt.

Jenson71
12-02-2008, 08:55 PM
I have to wonder, for those who are offended by it what was Christmas like for them when they were kids?

Coal.

CrazyPhuD
12-02-2008, 09:07 PM

That counts.

So if you have a prenup in place does it still count?

Ultra Peanut
12-02-2008, 09:13 PM
HEY
NOTHING YOU CAN SAY
NOTHING'S GONNA CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT CUNT

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RCGhHUwCHVk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RCGhHUwCHVk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Adept Havelock
12-02-2008, 09:18 PM
I usually wish someone a Merry Christmas, unless they are grandstanding over it. Then they get a "Happy Holidays" or "Merry Christmas"...whichever of the two they are acting out about.

Dr. Van Halen
12-02-2008, 09:22 PM
I wish people Merry Christmas on Christmas Day. Otherwise, it's the holidays.

Donger
12-02-2008, 09:25 PM
So if you have a prenup in place does it still count?

They have prenups for testicles?

CrazyPhuD
12-02-2008, 09:48 PM
They have prenups for testicles?

LMAO yes it's called an iron codpiece....

boogblaster
12-02-2008, 09:52 PM
Hell I thought this was a slang thread for ole biotches snatches ...

Luke
12-02-2008, 11:01 PM
I always wish a Merry Christmas, never use Xmas, and for the record, I believe the politicly correct term these days is chegros. Only rednecks refer to them as chiggers.:eek:

KcMizzou
12-02-2008, 11:15 PM
I always wish a Merry Christmas, never use Xmas, and for the record, I believe the politicly correct term these days is chegros. Only rednecks refer to them as chiggers.:eek:I thought chiggers were bugs.

JuicesFlowing
12-03-2008, 03:29 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q4ip9ZCIM9g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q4ip9ZCIM9g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

chagrin
12-03-2008, 06:11 AM
Erin Nash is a c***.

Ironic, I was going to say the same thing about you

cookster50
12-03-2008, 06:22 AM
I do not want this to be a DC type thread.

Like it matters what you want :)

Personally, I think if someone saying Merry Christmas to you upsets you, you have major issues and a thin skin. On the flip side, if a Merry Hollidays or whatever upsets you, get over it.

milkman
12-03-2008, 08:39 AM

ME: Then don't ****ing have a Merry Christmas.

Works every time.

Ho Ho Ho

You know,while I can't stand Christmas or the holidays, I like Christmas music.

When people wish me a "Merry Christmas" or a "Happy Holidays". I simply respond, "I hate fucking holidays.".

StcChief
12-03-2008, 08:40 AM
Hell I thought this was a slang thread for ole biotches snatches ...exactly. since when is Christmas a dirty word:)

the PCers of the world .... Take off Hoser.

tooge
12-03-2008, 08:52 AM
I only say it to sensitive pricks that will be annoyed by it

StcChief
12-03-2008, 09:36 AM
I only say it to sensitive pricks that will be annoyed by itor Dotheads

CoMoChief
12-03-2008, 10:04 AM
hahaha Mike Hunt.

Kerberos
12-03-2008, 11:11 AM
hahaha Mike Hunt.

Isn't he related to Seymour Butts ?

CoMoChief
12-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Isn't he related to Seymour Butts ?

Yes, and also lives down the street from I.P Freely

Stinger
12-03-2008, 11:56 AM

I know. I'm just not particularly angry at the moment.

I'll work on it. :D

Maybe this will inspire

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nuBUNFPRjJo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nuBUNFPRjJo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:)

RedNeckRaider
12-03-2008, 12:06 PM

ME: Then don't ****ing have a Merry Christmas.

Works every time.

Ho Ho Ho

ROFL Pure frazod

rad
12-03-2008, 12:40 PM
Christianity is the main religion in this country. All other religions don't really count.

If you don't like it, get the fuck out.

Bob Dole
12-03-2008, 01:18 PM
I always wish a Merry Christmas, never use Xmas, and for the record, I believe the politicly correct term these days is chegros. Only rednecks refer to them as chiggers.:eek:

But of course you realize that X is actually the Greek letter chi, and has been a common abbreviation for Christ for hundreds of years?

Luke
12-03-2008, 02:10 PM
I, for one, did not know that. I have always thought that the X was a cross on it's side. Please do not let it be known that knowledge was shared on this forum in order to uphold it's reputation>:D

petegz28
12-03-2008, 02:22 PM
anyone offended by the message embedded in the phrase "merry christmas" is a cunt or a cock.

thurman merman
12-03-2008, 08:02 PM
i don't understand how anybody could possibly be offended by "merry christmas." it is more about santa claus than jesus anyway.

Adept Havelock
12-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Christianity is the main religion in this country. All other religions don't really count.

If you don't like it, get the **** out.

anyone offended by the message embedded in the phrase "merry christmas" is a **** or a cock.

Happy Holidays, guys! :p

Thig Lyfe
12-03-2008, 08:11 PM

If you don't like it, get the fuck out.

Please be joking.

Mr. Plow
12-03-2008, 08:39 PM
Fugg em. They can take their beliefs and shove em up their ass. I'll wish them a Merry Christmas anyway.

Pablo
12-04-2008, 02:13 AM
If you're offended by Merry Christmas you should be taken out behind Santa's toy-shop and have a candy cane punched through your skull.

But seriously, f*cking die in a fire if Merry Christmas is offensive to you.

Merry Christmas!!!

Basileus777
12-04-2008, 02:20 AM
Christmas has little to do with religion for most people. Getting offended by it is just silly, especially since it's basically a co-opted Pagan holiday.

rad
12-05-2008, 07:29 AM
Please be joking.

Fuck no, I'm not joking. This is America, damnit. All this PC "Happy Holidays" crap kills me. If you are Christian, say Merry Christmas. If you are Jewish, say Merry Christmas. If you are Muslim, say Merry fucking Christmas!!!

Adept Havelock
12-05-2008, 07:34 AM
**** no, I'm not joking. This is America, damnit. All this PC "Happy Holidays" crap kills me. If you are Christian, say Merry Christmas. If you are Jewish, say Merry Christmas. If you are Muslim, say Merry ****ing Christmas!!!

Have a pleasant Yule. :thumb:

If you're offended by Merry Christmas you should be taken out behind Santa's toy-shop and have a candy cane punched through your skull.

But seriously, f*cking die in a fire if Merry Christmas is offensive to you.

Merry Christmas!!!

Merry Christmas isn't the least bit offensive to me.

Happy Holidays to both of you! :)