PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Foxsports just said....

jeffery
12-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Jason WitNuts is the best all around tight end? What a joke? TG make s this goof look like a little ken doll i used to light on fire to piss my sister off as a child.

any ways heres the link fir you whiny B#$$#s that say "[I]WHERES THE LINK?[I]

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory?contentId=8879190&MSNHPHMA#sport=NFL&photo=8877344

Dr. Facebook Fever
12-03-2008, 08:55 AM
Fox loves the NFC and the Chiefs aren't good so TGon gets no respect. If he played for the Cowgirls, Giants, Eagles he'd probably be #1 in their book. Fox sucks in every conceivable way. Plus he's "old" so it's not as cool to pick him as some younger stud.

Bowser
12-03-2008, 08:59 AM
Faux Sports

Simply Red
12-03-2008, 08:59 AM
Jason WitNuts is the best all around tight end? What a joke? TG make s this goof look like a little ken doll i used to light on fire to piss my sister off as a child.

any ways heres the link fir you whiny B#$$#s that say "WHERES THE LINK?[I]

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory?contentId=8879190&MSNHPHMA#sport=NFL&photo=8877344

Incredible, I found a link [I]for you.

http://www.anger-management-techniques.org/

Gonzo
12-03-2008, 09:00 AM
Fuck Fox Sports. Anyone who puts "The Best Damn" in front of every shows title deserves to be chemically casterated.

Simply Red
:D

Gonzo
:D
:spock:

StcChief
12-03-2008, 09:02 AM
in their dreams.... I guess stats are BS League leader is who? Gonzo.

CoMoChief
12-03-2008, 09:09 AM
Witten is a hell of a player. And he blocks a lot better than Tony G does.

As sad as it is to say, Tony G is probably the 3rd best TE in football behind Gates and Witten.

Gonzo
12-03-2008, 09:11 AM

As sad as it is to say, Tony G is probably the 3rd best TE in football behind Gates and Witten.

:bong:

You're high.

Detoxing
12-03-2008, 09:21 AM

Wow, that is dumbest thing i have ever seen you type. Gates has fallen off the map, and he is not a great blocker. And witten? Negro please...I guess while were at it we should throw Shockey and Heap into the mix

royr17
12-03-2008, 09:21 AM
All of you are high, the best tight end the history of the nfl and playing right now is Tony G.

chasedude
12-03-2008, 09:22 AM
I don't care what they think, Gonz got my vote in the pro bowl selection. Several times actually :D

jidar
12-03-2008, 09:26 AM

Stop trying to be impartial because you've gone too far the other way.

Tony G is the best TE in the game. As always. His team just sucks.

SNR
12-03-2008, 09:26 AM

As sad as it is to say, Tony G is probably the 3rd best TE in football behind Gates and Witten.Gates sucks balls.

DJJasonp
12-03-2008, 09:27 AM

2 years ago, I would have agreed....but since then, Gates has never bounced back from the nagging injuries he's accumulated....Gates is 4th or 5th now.

Deberg_1990
12-03-2008, 09:32 AM
Witten or TG. A team really could go wrong with neither player.

Who cares whos the best?

smittysbar
12-03-2008, 09:36 AM
Gates has sucked it up this year.

CoMoChief
12-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Wow, that is dumbest thing i have ever seen you type. Gates has fallen off the map, and he is not a great blocker. And witten? Negro please...I guess while were at it we should throw Shockey and Heap into the mix

Shockey and Heap are good, but Witten, Gate and TG are on a level above everyone else.

If I wanted any TE in the league it would be Witten. TG lost a step and Witten's blockings much better.

Dont get me wrong TG is still amazing, and is still a HUGE threat, hes just not the best anymore.

Cant be the best forever.

CoMoChief
12-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Gates has sucked it up this year.

because he's hurt.

other than that hes the best pass catching TE in the NFL.

Gonzo
12-03-2008, 10:23 AM
because he's hurt.

I could understand your point about blocking but this statement is purley and whole-heartedly retarded.

R&GHomer
12-03-2008, 10:31 AM
If Tony has lost a step this year I sure as hell haven't seen it. IMHO Tony's as good as he's ever been. Dude is clutch, plain and simple.

Detoxing
12-03-2008, 10:33 AM
Shockey and Heap are good, but Witten, Gate and TG are on a level above everyone else.

If I wanted any TE in the league it would be Witten. TG lost a step and Witten's blockings much better.

Dont get me wrong TG is still amazing, and is still a HUGE threat, hes just not the best anymore.

He'll be the best until he retires. Yeah, he lost a step, yeah Gates has great hands, but Gates doesn't look like a player who will be good for a long period of time. Honestly, he looks done now. And Witten, I'll admit that i dont watch him play that often, but when i do, he doesn't look any faster than TG, and he doesn't look like a tank like TG does either. I'd rather have TG, and that's not just cuz im a Chief-Head

Bwana
12-03-2008, 10:40 AM

:spock:

Micjones
12-03-2008, 11:13 AM

Gonzalez is more productive than Witten even now.
Come on Como.

Pablo
12-03-2008, 11:18 AM
I don't really understand the statement that Gates is the best pass-catching TE..

I could see the best route-running TE, as he is pretty much an oversized WR, but Gonzo catches everything..from all of our trash QB's. Gates has great hands..but I don't see how they're any better than TG's.

KevB
12-03-2008, 11:22 AM
because he's hurt.

Being injured is part of the equation. TG's durability is a big part of his appeal. And if you think Witten would put up the stats TG puts up with TG's supporting cast, you're nuts. How did Witten do when Romo was out this year? Even with TO and Barber to divert attention away from the middle seam? I don't know that I've ever seen Witten beat two defenders to a ball....TG does it routinely. Frankly, it's not even close who the better TE is IMO.

CoMoChief
12-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Blind homerism people.

Everyone outside of fucking Chiefsplanet would agree with the fact that Witten is probably the best overall TE in the NFL right now. If TonyG wasn't a Chief you all would agree as well.

TG is still easily top 3, hes just not the best anymore. Witten is. Now I'm not saying that Witten will go on to have the HOF career TG has had, but RIGHT NOW the best TE in the NFL is Jason Witten.

CoMoChief
12-03-2008, 11:27 AM
Being injured is part of the equation. TG's durability is a big part of his appeal. And if you think Witten would put up the stats TG puts up with TG's supporting cast, you're nuts. How did Witten do when Romo was out this year? Even with TO and Barber to divert attention away from the middle seam? I don't know that I've ever seen Witten beat two defenders to a ball....TG does it routinely. Frankly, it's not even close who the better TE is IMO.

Witten was hurt the same time Romo was IIRC.

And if anything, having as much star power on one team would limit TG's production.

The reason why he completely destroys all other TE's over the history of the NFL is because he's been the Chiefs #1 WR since 1999-2000 He has ALWAYS been the first option downfield throwing the ball.

Brock
12-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Blind homerism people.

Everyone outside of ****ing Chiefsplanet would agree with the fact that Witten is probably the best overall TE in the NFL right now. If TonyG wasn't a Chief you all would agree as well.

TG is still easily top 3, hes just not the best anymore. Witten is. Now I'm not saying that Witten will go on to have the HOF career TG has had, but RIGHT NOW the best TE in the NFL is Jason Witten.

The stupid people who don't really pay attention to football pick Witten.

Micjones
Blind homerism people.

Everyone outside of ****ing Chiefsplanet would agree with the fact that Witten is probably the best overall TE in the NFL right now. If TonyG wasn't a Chief you all would agree as well.

Witten
58 Receptions, 709 Receiving Yards, 12.2 yards per catch, 3 TD's
Three games with under 12 receiving yards.

Gonzalez
73 Receptions, 806 Receiving Yards, 11.0 yards per catch, 6 TD's
Three 100-yard receiving days.

Yep. You're right.
:rolleyes:

Basileus777
I don't think its a coincidence that Witten only became an elite TE once TO came to Dallas and starting drawing constant double-teams.

Short Leash Hootie
12-03-2008, 11:30 AM
anyone who thinks Tony Gonzalez isn't HANDS DOWN THE BEST TE in football is insane.

I wish he was traded to NYG to get him into a big market so people could truly realize how special he is.

Short Leash Hootie
12-03-2008, 11:34 AM
Tony Gonzalez has fumbled the ball 1 time in the last 9 years.

CoMoChief

:rolleyes: Like I said, people outside of this fanboard would pick Witten.

I guess everyone else are just plain fucking idiots except Chiefs fans.

Chiefs fans know all.

Micjones
I don't think its a coincidence that Witten only became an elite TE once TO came to Dallas and starting drawing constant double-teams.

I beg to differ...

Witten was pretty damn good before Owens showed up.
A couple of his best seasons came before he was signed in 2006.

CoMoChief
12-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Tony Gonzalez has fumbled the ball 1 time in the last 9 years.

congrats to him, I never said he wasn't a great player.

Detoxing
Blind homerism people.

The only reason people would think Witten is better than TG is if they watch/listen to Fox Sports sucking off the cowboys every day. Witten has yet to have a season like TG's. And even in the twilight of TG's career, on one of the worst teams in the NFL, he is still producing better than Witten. I dont see how Witten is faster, I dont see how Witten is a better pass catcher, and i don't see Witten as being some great blocker either. Let me ask my charger co-worker here.......he said TG is the best. Case closed

Micjones

I guess everyone else are just plain ****ing idiots except Chiefs fans.

Chiefs fans know all.

Even if we're wrong the idea that he could be better isn't exactly far-fetched.

The numbers don't support your argument.

Micjones
12-03-2008, 11:36 AM
One more time in case you missed it CoMo...

Witten

Gonzalez

Brock
12-03-2008, 11:37 AM

I guess everyone else are just plain ****ing idiots except Chiefs fans.

Chiefs fans know all.

If Tony Gonzalez wasn't the greatest TE of all time, I'd say so. To say I'm some kind of homer fan is pretty goddamn stupid.

Lzen
12-03-2008, 11:38 AM

And think Sasha Kaun sucks. ;)

Short Leash Hootie
12-03-2008, 11:38 AM

Witten

Gonzalez

who gives a shit though?

Watch Tony Gonzalez, and watch Jason Witten...Tony Gonzalez is so much better...

CoMoChief
12-03-2008, 11:41 AM

Witten

Gonzalez

Too bad they dont have statistics for TE's who can block huh?

Not to mention Witten has been playing with broken ribs but I guess that doesn't or shouldnt matter.

Micjones
12-03-2008, 11:41 AM
who gives a shit though?

Watch Tony Gonzalez, and watch Jason Witten...Tony Gonzalez is so much better...

I can't take anything away from Witten.
He's a damn good TE. I think he was slightly better than Gonzalez last season, but he had so much more around him. Better QB, a solid #1 and #2 receiving tandem, a better run game...

Detoxing
12-03-2008, 11:42 AM
who gives a shit though?

Exactly. When i watch Witten, I don't see any plays that make me go, "Damn, that guy is the best TE in the NFL". He doesn't stand out, which makes me believe he's just a product of a talented Dallas team. TG makes plays that make you go, "Damn!"

JASONSAUTO

some games TG beats 3-4 defenders to the ball, look back at last weeks game.

CoMoChief
And think Sasha Kaun sucks. ;)

Kaun does suck. Its not even worth arguing about anymore. Let him go play bball with all the other losers in Russia.

Micjones
12-03-2008, 11:43 AM

Witten might be the better blocking TE, but it's not as though Gonzalez is a slouch at that either.
He's become a hell of a blocker.

And he's more productive as a pass-catcher. With less around him.
Wanna argue that?

Not to mention Witten has been playing with broken ribs but I guess that doesn't or shouldnt matter.

Good thing Gonzalez hasn't played through injuries.

unothadeal
12-03-2008, 11:43 AM

What is your opinion on Gonzalez's blocking ability?

Basileus777
12-03-2008, 11:45 AM
I beg to differ...

Witten was pretty damn good before Owens showed up.
A couple of his best seasons came before he was signed in 2006.

And yet few considered him a top 3 TE back then.

CoMoChief
Witten might be the better blocking TE, but it's not as though Gonzalez is a slouch at that either. He's become a hell of a blocker.

And he's more productive as a pass-catcher. With less around him.

Good thing Gonzalez hasn't played through injuries.

Tony G is not a helluva blocker, he's gotten better, but he used to be flat out horrible.

I'd like to see you play football, a contact sport, with broken ribs asshole.

Short Leash Hootie

Witten is injury prone...and Tony Gonzalez isn't? That somehow makes Witten a better tight end? You're on crack...

And in all honesty, I've never noticed Tony Gonzalez being a bad blocker the past half decade...you're just trying to be you, an ignorant douche bag. Good try.

Short Leash Hootie
12-03-2008, 11:46 AM
I can't take anything away from Witten.
He's a damn good TE. I think he was slightly better than Gonzalez last season, but he had so much more around him. Better QB, a solid #1 and #2 receiving tandem, a better run game...

Sure, if you look at stats...

Tony Gonzalez turned in one of his best career performances last year...shitty team, shitty QB...the only thing the Chiefs offense had last year was Tony Gonzalez making RIDICULOUS catches to bail out his QB.

CoMoChief
12-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Witten is injury prone...and Tony Gonzalez isn't? That somehow makes Witten a better tight end? You're on crack...

And in all honesty, I've never noticed Tony Gonzalez being a bad blocker the past half decade...you're just trying to be you, an ignorant douche bag. Good try.

You of all people on this board have no right to call anyone a douchebag, believe me.

Short Leash Hootie
12-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Tony G is not a helluva blocker, he's gotten better, but he used to be flat out horrible.

Like I said...kudos for playing with broken ribs but Tony Gonzalez has missed 1 game in his entire career due to injury...+1 for Tony Gonzalez

Short Leash Hootie
12-03-2008, 11:48 AM
You of all people on this board have no right to call anyone a douchebag, believe me.

I call them like I see them...you call them to get attention...because you're an idiot.

jidar
12-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Blind homerism people.

You have no idea what you're talking about. none. zilch.

Micjones
12-03-2008, 11:49 AM
And yet few considered him a top 3 TE back then.

I did. Given the discussion though I'm not sure how significant that really is.
The media plays favorites, but I get what you're saying...

He's become a sexy TE to slobber over.

jidar
Kaun does suck. Its not even worth arguing about anymore. Let him go play bball with all the other losers in Russia.

hahaha. keep digging that hole. You're almost to china

unothadeal

But you said "right now" Witten's better. TG beats JW in all categories statistically but you'd rather have a TE that's great at blocking but above average at catching than one that is average at blocking and great at catching?

Micjones
12-03-2008, 11:52 AM

Are you sniffing glue this afternoon?
He's become a very good blocker over the years.

What I can do on a football field is immaterial.
Let's try to stay on topic here... Gonzalez has proven to be much more durable than Witten. So what point are you trying to make? That Witten's tough? Or that his numbers are suffering because of the injury? Either way... You're doing a horrible job of making that case.

CoMoChief
I call them like I see them...you call them to get attention...because you're an idiot.

You're the biggest attention whore on this board outside of Claythan.

That's not even debatable.

CoMoChief
Are you sniffing glue this afternoon?
He's become a very good blocker over the years.

What I can do on a football field is immaterial.
Let's try to stay on topic here... Gonzalez has proven to be much more durable than Witten. So what point are you trying to make? That Witten's tough? Or that his numbers are suffering because of the injury? Either way... You're doing a horrible job of making that case.

My post wasn't a response to yours. I was talking about Hootie.

Lzen
12-03-2008, 11:53 AM
..you're just trying to be you, an ignorant douche bag. Good try.

Stick to your strengths is what I always say.:D

Lzen
12-03-2008, 11:54 AM

Nice return of the serve.

'Grabs popcorn'.

Short Leash Hootie
12-03-2008, 11:54 AM
I love the fanboys who try and make an argument with 'he's the better blocker' when it comes to tight-ends...

I bet this dumbass has never even seen Witten block...he's just trying to get attention.

and Gates better than Gonzalez?

Jesus...

Pablo
12-03-2008, 11:55 AM
I mean, Witten is having a good season and all..and last year he was really a stud, but he hasn't been the threat that TG has though.

If we use Witten's current stats to project a 12 year career it would look something like:

850 receptions - 9,856 yards - 50 TD's

Not a bad career.

If TG hung it up after this season and called it a career, he'd finish with:

917 receptions - 10,957 yards - 74 TD's.

Witten is in his prime, he's a 6 year player in a great system with great role players and good coaching. TG is everything Witten isn't in those regards, but still posts better numbers and looks 5 years younger than he is.

Witten isn't the best TE this year, right now. If I were building a team for the future, would I take Witten over TG at this point? Of course. I'd take Gates as well, but with that being said, I'd still say TG has at least 2 more good seasons in him.

Micjones
12-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Sure, if you look at stats...

Tony Gonzalez turned in one of his best career performances last year...shitty team, shitty QB...the only thing the Chiefs offense had last year was Tony Gonzalez making RIDICULOUS catches to bail out his QB.

Dude... Not sure if you notice, but I agree with you.
I said as much. Witten's numbers were almost identical to Gonzalez's 2007 performance (he had a couple more TD catches). Thing is, he had much more around him.

This offense did have more than Gonzalez last year though. It also had Bowe. But he's no Terrell Owens. And we didn't have a Patrick Crayton to go along with him. Or the Dallas running game. Or Pro Bowl QB.

milkman
12-03-2008, 12:02 PM
I love the fanboys who try and make an argument with 'he's the better blocker' when it comes to tight-ends...

I bet this dumbass has never even seen Witten block...he's just trying to get attention.

and Gates better than Gonzalez?

Jesus...

People think I underrate TG.

Not even I would make an argument for Gates as a better TE than Tony.

CoMoChief
12-03-2008, 12:06 PM
I mean, Witten is having a good season and all..and last year he was really a stud, but he hasn't been the threat that TG has though.

If we use Witten's current stats to project a 12 year career it would look something like:

850 receptions - 9,856 yards - 50 TD's

Not a bad career.

If TG hung it up after this season and called it a career, he'd finish with:

917 receptions - 10,957 yards - 74 TD's.

Witten is in his prime, he's a 6 year player in a great system with great role players and good coaching. TG is everything Witten isn't in those regards, but still posts better numbers and looks 5 years younger than he is.

Witten isn't the best TE this year, right now. If I were building a team for the future, would I take Witten over TG at this point? Of course. I'd take Gates as well, but with that being said, I'd still say TG has at least 2 more good seasons in him.

Fuckin christ people.......not once did I ever say that Witten would go on to have the career Tony G has had.

SNR
12-03-2008, 12:16 PM

I'd like to see you play football, a contact sport, with broken ribs asshole.He's not a helluva blocker? WTF are you smoking?

Take a look at some of Priest's best runs as a Chief. You'll see that most of them are out of a two TE set with Dunn on the end and Gonzalez either out in front or pulling around to add an extra blocker on the left side.

He used to be flat out horrible, sure. As a ROOKIE.

You're doing your best douchebag Mecca impression right now. Simply taking an unpopular view of a Chiefs player doesn't make you smart or objective, it only makes you stupid.

CoMoChief
12-03-2008, 12:23 PM
He's not a helluva blocker? WTF are you smoking?

Take a look at some of Priest's best runs as a Chief. You'll see that most of them are out of a two TE set with Dunn on the end and Gonzalez either out in front or pulling around to add an extra blocker on the left side.

He used to be flat out horrible, sure. As a ROOKIE.

You're doing your best douchebag Mecca impression right now. Simply taking an unpopular view of a Chiefs player doesn't make you smart or objective, it only makes you stupid.

No, Mecca's a fuckin dumbass.

Tony G's has improved his blocking over the past 4 years, but he wasn't ever a great blocker.

Dunn was the heart and soul of our running game as far as blocking TEs. The guy was a beast, almost like another tackle.

smittysbar
12-03-2008, 12:25 PM
All you guys are fucking stupid

Winslow is the best TE RIGHT NOW! The only person that holds a candle to him is Shocky, after that there is a huge drop off back to Heap.

Christ people. Wake the Fuck up and take off the homer glasses.

Bowser
12-03-2008, 12:30 PM

EyePod
12-03-2008, 12:33 PM

You're right. Let's just start making excuses for why Witten isn't as good. Well, if he'd been at full health then he'd be great! You sound like Herm telling us why Hali still sucks balls... Please, just feed me more BS.

Pablo
12-03-2008, 12:43 PM
You're right. Let's just start making excuses for why Witten isn't as good. Well, if he'd been at full health then he'd be great! You sound like Herm telling us why Hali still sucks balls... Please, just feed me more BS.It's kinda like the TE position has evolved from a simple blocking position with checkdown pass plays to a somewhat important role player in an offense or something...

vailpass
12-03-2008, 12:46 PM
It's kinda like the TE position has evolved from a simple blocking position with checkdown pass plays to a somewhat important role player in an offense or something...

This is mainly true on teams who have not had a legitimate WR corps during said player's tenure, thus making the TE a hybrid TE/WR who must be a much larger part of the offense than is true of a balanced team.
A notable side-effect is the inflation of said player's statistics as compared to a TE who is not the #1 pass-catching option.

Micjones
12-03-2008, 01:07 PM
All you guys are ****ing stupid

Winslow is the best TE RIGHT NOW! The only person that holds a candle to him is Shocky, after that there is a huge drop off back to Heap.

Christ people. Wake the **** up and take off the homer glasses.

Ah yes, how could we ever forget about "Captain Can't Play A Full Season"?

This guy, right?
http://www.kellie.de/pics/carl.jpg

EyePod
12-03-2008, 01:07 PM
This is mainly true on teams who have not had a legitimate WR corps during said player's tenure, thus making the TE a hybrid TE/WR who must be a much larger part of the offense than is true of a balanced team.
A notable side-effect is the inflation of said player's statistics as compared to a TE who is not the #1 pass-catching option.

Let's see the last couple SB champs....

NY Giants 2007/2008 (3376 total passing yards)
Shockey #3 in receiving yards (619 yards) (18.3% of total passing yards)
Indianapolis Colts 2006/2007 (4397 total passing yards)
Ben Utecht/Dallas Clark #3/4 receiving yards (744 yards total) (16.9%)
Pittsburgh Steelers 2005/2006 (3104 total passing yards)
Heath Miller #3 (459 yards) (14.8%)

Now us in those same years....

2007/2008 (3525 total passing yards)
Tony G #1 in receiving yards (1172 yards) (33.2%)
2006/2007 (3243 total passing yards)
Tony G #1 in receiving yards (900 yards) (27.8%)
2005/2006 (4014 total passing yards)
Tony G #2 in receiving yards (905 yards) (22.5%)

Yep, we over utilize our TE. The only problem I have with this is that it's like comparing apples and oranges. Tony is so much better than anyone else in the league that he is a legitimate #1 threat on any team right now. Tony is like our version of last year's NE Patriots' Wes Welker.... Will always catch it and will always get open. The amazing thing is that Tony does it without Randy Moss drawing double coverage. Tony does it when he's doubled.

I don't remember ever seing Wes Welker being double teamed... except for that one time when he was taking it from Belichick and Brady at the same time...

chiefsngop
12-03-2008, 01:10 PM

As a Gates fantasy football owner, I am very familiar with his stats and production this year, he hasn't had near the year as Tony G.

So;

*Tony G out produces him.
*He's able to out produce him without being surrounded by LT, Chambers, and Rivers.
*Tony G contributes in both the O-line and downfield blocking better than Gates

And Gates is better ? WTF ?

As far as Witten, give Tony G a similiar offensive scheme as Jason and then compare blocking. And exactly how many sacks or tackles in the backfield has Tony given up anyway, c'mon ?

Imagine if Gonzo had Romo throwing him the ball, actually hitting him in stride & right in the numbers, so Tony could keep his momentum and speed going instead of having to stop, or reach for the ball, or pick it off the grass. Man, all those extra YAC, his stat line would be even more unreal.

CoMoChief
12-03-2008, 01:36 PM
As a Gates fantasy football owner, I am very familiar with his stats and production this year, he hasn't had near the year as Tony G.

So;

*Tony G out produces him.
*He's able to out produce him without being surrounded by LT, Chambers, and Rivers.
*Tony G contributes in both the O-line and downfield blocking better than Gates

And Gates is better ? WTF ?

As far as Witten, give Tony G a similiar offensive scheme as Jason and then compare blocking. And exactly how many sacks or tackles in the backfield has Tony given up anyway, c'mon ?

Imagine if Gonzo had Romo throwing him the ball, actually hitting him in stride & right in the numbers, so Tony could keep his momentum and speed going instead of having to stop, or reach for the ball, or pick it off the grass. Man, all those extra YAC, his stat line would be even more unreal.

All of them healthy 100%.....I'd take Gates, hands down without hesitation.

Mecca
12-03-2008, 02:16 PM
There's really nothing wrong with that Witten is a premier player who would have broke Gonzalez record for catches in a year last year if they had needed that game.

vailpass
12-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Let's see the last couple SB champs....

NY Giants 2007/2008 (3376 total passing yards)
Shockey #3 in receiving yards (619 yards) (18.3% of total passing yards)
Indianapolis Colts 2006/2007 (4397 total passing yards)
Ben Utecht/Dallas Clark #3/4 receiving yards (744 yards total) (16.9%)
Pittsburgh Steelers 2005/2006 (3104 total passing yards)
Heath Miller #3 (459 yards) (14.8%)

Now us in those same years....

2007/2008 (3525 total passing yards)
Tony G #1 in receiving yards (1172 yards) (33.2%)
2006/2007 (3243 total passing yards)
Tony G #1 in receiving yards (900 yards) (27.8%)
2005/2006 (4014 total passing yards)
Tony G #2 in receiving yards (905 yards) (22.5%)

Yep, we over utilize our TE. The only problem I have with this is that it's like comparing apples and oranges. Tony is so much better than anyone else in the league that he is a legitimate #1 threat on any team right now. Tony is like our version of last year's NE Patriots' Wes Welker.... Will always catch it and will always get open. The amazing thing is that Tony does it without Randy Moss drawing double coverage. Tony does it when he's doubled.

I don't remember ever seing Wes Welker being double teamed... except for that one time when he was taking it from Belichick and Brady at the same time...

Post the stats from TGs career, not a cherry picked three years. Otherwise this is invalid due to insufficient sample and you know it.

BigMeatballDave
12-03-2008, 02:52 PM

As sad as it is to say, Tony G is probably the 3rd best TE in football behind Gates and Witten.Gates? LMAO He's got a whopping 46 catches this season. Compared to Tony's 73. Whitten has 58.

BigMeatballDave
12-03-2008, 02:55 PM

Cant be the best forever.Wow.:spock:

BigMeatballDave
12-03-2008, 02:57 PM
Blind homerism people.

TG is still easily top 3, hes just not the best anymore. Witten is. Now I'm not saying that Witten will go on to have the HOF career TG has had, but RIGHT NOW the best TE in the NFL is Jason Witten.LMAO Your stupidity knows no bounds...

BigMeatballDave
12-03-2008, 03:17 PM
Post the stats from TGs career, not a cherry picked three years. Otherwise this is invalid due to insufficient sample and you know it.If he were 'cherry picking', he'd have pick '99, '04, and '07. TG had 1202(93), 1258(102), and 1172(99) yards, respectively.

BigMeatballDave
12-03-2008, 03:19 PM
There's really nothing wrong with that Witten is a premier player who would have broke Gonzalez record for catches in a year last year if they had needed that game.Maybe. He would've need 7 catches to break it.

DaWolf
12-03-2008, 03:23 PM
You're kidding me, right? Never mind that Whitten gets to put up his numbers with a legit #1 wide receiver drawing attention away from him, something Gonzo had never had, as he's always had to deal with double teams or getting the teams top corner on him...

LiL stumppy
12-03-2008, 03:39 PM

Dear God your stupid. The only thing those two TE's have on Tony is age.

Short Leash Hootie
12-03-2008, 04:48 PM
There's really nothing wrong with that Witten is a premier player who would have broke Gonzalez record for catches in a year last year if they had needed that game.

blah blah blah

Witten is good...he plays in an offense that features a guy who throws for 4500 yards every year...just because he puts up a good stat line doesn't make him comparable to Tony Gonzalez...

What Gonzalez did last season with the talent around him was simply amazing.

dtebbe
12-03-2008, 05:39 PM
All you guys are ****ing stupid

Christ people. Wake the **** up and take off the homer glasses.

One thing I was sure of in life is that there was not a stronger drug than crack.

Then a post like this comes along, and I have to rethink everything.

DT

Darth CarlSatan
12-03-2008, 06:35 PM

And I'm an ass? The balls on this guy...(CoMo)

Valiant
12-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Witten was hurt the same time Romo was IIRC.

And if anything, having as much star power on one team would limit TG's production.

The reason why he completely destroys all other TE's over the history of the NFL is because he's been the Chiefs #1 WR since 1999-2000 He has ALWAYS been the first option downfield throwing the ball.

Funny, generally when teams get two star players out there to catch balls both their stats go up a little.. Why?? Probably because they cannot double cover one or the other as easy each game.. Funny that TonyG has taken a step forward again now that he has Bowe.. Last real time he was this dominant was 03/04 under the Trent Green/DV offense and then 2000 under Grbac slinging it to TG and Alexander.. How did Tony do so well with other talent around him and not drop off???

Kind of like how Dallas is loaded with talent..

The fact that Tony did so well during the years without another threat is all the more amazing..

Valiant
12-03-2008, 07:18 PM

You are throwing out IF's now??? There are numerous years that Chiefs players could have killed stats if we are counting IF's.. What happened IF the coaches did not take Priest/LJ out of games a few years back..

What IF the coaches let TonyG get his record at home in front of the fans..

What IF the coaches tried to throw to TonyG a few more times to get him over 100+ catches in 2000 and 2007??