PDA

View Full Version : My bid for the superbowl is in your hands Planeteers...

Bill Lundberg
12-03-2008, 10:39 AM
I'm hosed this week in the first round of the playoffs. We start 2 RB, 2 WR, and 1 RB/WR. The matchups and injuries are killing me this week. What would you do with the following options for starters.

DeAngelo Williams vs. Tampa Bay
Marion Barber vs. Pitt
Clinton Portis vs. Baltimore
Warrick Dunn vs. Carolina
Mark Clayton vs. Washington

I'm leaning towards starting Williams, Barber, and Dunn.

However Barber facing Pitt doesn't excite me so I'm considering using Clayton in the flex position with his recent hot streak. I don't normally like using a WR over a starting RB in that spot though...

HELP

Dicky McElephant
12-03-2008, 10:45 AM
Ouch dude.

I would go Williams, Barber and Clayton.

smittysbar
12-03-2008, 01:44 PM
I'm hosed this week in the first round of the playoffs. We start 2 RB, 2 WR, and 1 RB/WR. The matchups and injuries are killing me this week. What would you do with the following options for starters.

DeAngelo Williams vs. Tampa Bay
Marion Barber vs. Pitt
Clinton Portis vs. Baltimore
Warrick Dunn vs. Carolina
Mark Clayton vs. Washington

I'm leaning towards starting Williams, Barber, and Dunn.

However Barber facing Pitt doesn't excite me so I'm considering using Clayton in the flex position with his recent hot streak. I don't normally like using a WR over a starting RB in that spot though...

HELP

Defiantly D. Williams, Is Barber a go? Thought he had a chance of missing the upcoming game. Portis as of now, all news is pointing to him being able to start. If those three are playing that would be my starters, pretty BIG drop off down to Dunn and Clayton

healthpellets
12-04-2008, 07:10 AM
Williams is a must start at this point. Unless you're in a 2 ppr league, i can think of only rare situations where i'd start a WR over a RB in a flex spot. and while it isn't pretty, you gotta dance with the ones that brought you....

Williams / Barber / Portis

PhillyChiefFan
12-04-2008, 02:56 PM
Defiantly D. Williams, Is Barber a go? Thought he had a chance of missing the upcoming game. Portis as of now, all news is pointing to him being able to start. If those three are playing that would be my starters, pretty BIG drop off down to Dunn and Clayton

Barber is day to day w/ a bruised right foot.

Most likely to start. And you are correct Portis isn't listed on any injury list I have seen.

Bill Lundberg
12-04-2008, 03:02 PM
Barber's injury is reported as a dislocated pinky toe. I don't like RB's with toe problems, particularly when playing in Pittsburgh. Right now I'm leaning towards starting Portis, Williams, and Dunn. If Barber participates in a full (unlimited) practice between now and game day I'll likely go with him over Dunn..

btlook1
12-04-2008, 03:07 PM
You have some tough match ups there. Good luck.

Bill Lundberg
12-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Barber being out made it an easier decision. I have a 5 point lead with Dunn and Williams going against Carolina's Defense. I'm hopeful but that's about it.