PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Kraus
12-03-2008, 07:25 PM
Just announced:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/935/935512p1.html

December 3, 2008 - Activision Blizzard has revealed Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, sequel to Infinity Ward's award-winning first-person shooter.

According to MTV Multiplayer, the publisher revealed the game at a Massive Inc. upfront held in Manhattan, NY. These upfront events typically allow publishers to display their games to advertisers.

While little is known of the game, MTV reports that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is coming out sometime this (2009?) fall.

Infinity Ward returns!

Guru
12-03-2008, 07:27 PM
sequel of a sequel. Thats funny.

Guess it sounds better than Call of Duty 4 - 2

Basileus777
12-03-2008, 07:29 PM
No surprise; everyone knew Infinity Ward was developing this.

Guru
12-03-2008, 07:30 PM
No surprise; everyone knew Infinity Ward was developing this.I was under the impression they were developing a more futuristic shooter.

CrazyPhuD
12-03-2008, 07:31 PM
I want call of duty: Caveman Wars...

That would be the best....bitch you ain't running from my club. At 7 kills a T-Rex shows up.

Guru
12-03-2008, 07:33 PM
I want call of duty: Caveman Wars...

That would be the best....bitch you ain't running from my club. At 7 kills a T-Rex shows up.ROFLmight be a little repetitive though. heh

Buck
12-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Is this going to be considered COD 6 where Treyarch will develop 7, or is IW going to do COD 6?

Guru
12-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Is this going to be considered COD 6 where Treyarch will develop 7, or is IW going to do COD 6?They dropped the original numbers with World at War. Now they have opened the door for a new numbering system.

Mr. Plow
12-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Technically, this would be COD 6.

KCChiefsMan
12-03-2008, 08:20 PM
I hope it's not just the same exact game with new maps

Mr. Plow
12-03-2008, 08:41 PM
I hope it's not just the same exact game with new maps

I'm sure they'll add a few things, but I would expect it to be very similar.

aturnis
12-03-2008, 08:51 PM
They dropped the original numbers with World at War. Now they have opened the door for a new numbering system.

I would think the World at War, would be its own Call of Duty "franchise" separate from Modern Warfare.

Maybe now Activision Blizzard will do all Modern Warfare's i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4 and so on. While Treyarch would do all of the World at wars.

This way, they have two separate companies developing great games under the same "mother" franchise of Call of Duty, while putting out WWII and Modern War games, keeping everyone happy. Also pushing out pretty much two games at a time, while not dividing great production teams on separate projects.

Makes good business sense to me.

Mecca
12-03-2008, 08:57 PM
This fall like a year from now?

Kraus
12-03-2008, 11:15 PM
This fall like a year from now?

I assume. That is why I put the (2009?) in there.

Mr. Plow
12-03-2008, 11:32 PM
I would think the World at War, would be its own Call of Duty "franchise" separate from Modern Warfare.

Maybe now Activision Blizzard will do all Modern Warfare's i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4 and so on. While Treyarch would do all of the World at wars.

This way, they have two separate companies developing great games under the same "mother" franchise of Call of Duty, while putting out WWII and Modern War games, keeping everyone happy. Also pushing out pretty much two games at a time, while not dividing great production teams on separate projects.

Makes good business sense to me.

No way I see that happening.....as much as I would like it. It divides the profit by making most people decide between them.

TinyEvel
12-03-2008, 11:45 PM
They should just make it an online-only game with sick maps and clan monitoring features.

Basileus777
12-03-2008, 11:47 PM
No way I see that happening.....as much as I would like it. It divides the profit by making most people decide between them.

They aren't going to release 2 COD games in one year, they will continue to alternate years giving us a yearly COD game.

CoMoChief
12-04-2008, 10:38 AM
They need to mix up Ace Combat Fighters and Call of Duty Modern Warfare together,

THAT would be on hell of a game.

HC_Chief
12-04-2008, 10:45 AM
They need to mix up Ace Combat Fighters and Call of Duty Modern Warfare together,

THAT would be on hell of a game.

Agreed. The COD franchise has always been inferior to the Battlefield series (IMO) due to lack of options. In Battlefield, you can fly a helo, jet, ship, tank, APC, car, motorcycle, and also play as a grunt (multi-class), whereas the COD games have always been just grunt. Sure, there are a couple of levels here or there that incorporate heavy equipment, but for the vast majority it's all slag it out in the trenches.

MVChiefFan
12-04-2008, 11:27 AM
What about Call of Duty: The Revolution...you and several of your clan members stand in lines and shoot muskets across a field at the other team. You reload for 15 seconds by tapping x-y-x-y furiously. After a seven kill streak you call in dysentery!

Mr Luzcious
12-04-2008, 08:22 PM
They should just make it an online-only game with sick maps and clan monitoring features.

...Counter-strike?

Third Eye
12-05-2008, 11:43 PM
Agreed. The COD franchise has always been inferior to the Battlefield series (IMO) due to lack of options. In Battlefield, you can fly a helo, jet, ship, tank, APC, car, motorcycle, and also play as a grunt (multi-class), whereas the COD games have always been just grunt. Sure, there are a couple of levels here or there that incorporate heavy equipment, but for the vast majority it's all slag it out in the trenches.

There are a lot of folks, like myself, who hate vehicles in games and would prefer to "slag it out in the trenches." To me it is way more fun.

TinyEvel
12-06-2008, 12:16 AM
...Counter-strike?

More like SOCOM Confrontation, or MAG (coming soon)

But, yeah. I think the visual integrity of CoD WaW is not evan close to COD4. Any game that comes out a year after the previous is not gonna be ground-breaking.

Killzone 2: Three years in the making and it shows.

aturnis
12-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Killzone 2: Three years in the making and it shows.

I have an HD trailer off of PSN, and it does look good, but not too much better than COD WaW. I could be wrong though.