PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Who we're drafting.

Pages : 1 [2]

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2008, 03:54 PM
How was the team with the 3rd pick that year good? Lets not forget how bad the Giants were that year.

Third? They had the fourth and swapped San Diego.

And FWIW, San Diego's demise has been rather quick.

The Giants OTOH, have been improving each and every year.

Oh and by the way: ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL regarding Burress.

OnTheWarpath58
retard true fans...never learn

"oh my god it's risky!"

"let's just draft OL..."

and we'll just continue to suck ass, fans and all...

if you believe in the QB, you get him....period

Typical TTC.

When you have nothing left to your argument, you break out the classics.

Answer the question.

YOU are the one demaning a QB at all costs.

So WHO would you have taken with the 5th pick last year, with Ryan off the board?

WHO would you take this year, assuming a Top 5 pick, with Stafford off the board?

Quit dodging the fucking question, you goddamn whiner.

The Bad Guy
I take Rey from USC if I'm dealt OTW's scenario.

I'll take my chances with the USC linebacker. They produce some pretty damn good linebackers.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Why do people like Rey over Laurinaitis for MLB in a 4-3 defense?

Because he's not a pile-jumping pussy shit bitch.

DaneMcCloud
Why do people like Rey over Laurinaitis for MLB in a 4-3 defense?

Oh boy

:popcorn:

kcchiefsus
12-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Not at #5 overall.

10? Sure.

Just not at #5.

Again, that is based off of his current stock. It is my belief that he will shoot up boards. Since when was a player's stock in December what it turned out to be come April? Not often. Hell Branden Albert came out of nowhere to being a highly thought of guard who would go in the 2nd round to a player that could play left tackle and went in the top half of the 1st round. If Curry runs well enough he could easily go top 5.

OnTheWarpath58
12-04-2008, 03:55 PM
If we stick with the Tampa 2, I'm not drafting a corner. If we shitcan the Tampa 2 and play more of a Cover 1 or zone blitzing scheme I could potentially be talked into either Jenkins or Davis, with a lot of contingencies. If we stayed T2, I'd probably be happier with Mauluga, and I'd be expecting Curry to be Derrick Brooks with that draft position.

If Crabtree somehow ran a 4.4 at the combine AND showed good route running capabilities, I could see taking him at 5, but I doubt his ability to do that. If DHB is a really good interview and runs crisp routes, I could see him catapulting.

I want no part of Michael Johnson in the top five, and I just don't see the point of drafting Smith, Oher, or Monroe there.

But this is really an impossible scenario. Mays will not go in the top 4, and he is the backup of all backup plans.

For voting purposes, put me down as Mauluga or Jenkins. I love OSU DBs.

Thanks for breaking it down, and not dodging the question.

OnTheWarpath58
12-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Looking like Maualuga's pulling away a bit.

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Again, that is based off of his current stock. It is my belief that he will shoot up boards. Since when was a player's stock in December what it turned out to be come April? Not often. Hell Branden Albert came out of nowhere to being a highly thought of guard who would go in the 2nd round to a player that could play left tackle and went in the top half of the 1st round. If Curry runs well enough he could easily go top 5.

Well, I think you're wrong and he'd be a major reach at #5.

He's DJ 2.0 and he dropped to #15.

And THAT was too high.

ChiefsCountry
12-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Outside cover linebacker in the top 5? Oh brother.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 03:58 PM

Ok AJ Hawk is the last non rush LB to go in the top 5..last years draft had 2 very well thought of traditional LB's and the highest they got was 9..and you're gonna have a really hard time convincing me that Aaron Curry is the same level prospect those guys were.

OnTheWarpath58
12-04-2008, 03:59 PM

Which is why all the certainty guys are displaying towards particular players is mind-numbing.

To each their own, I guess.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-04-2008, 03:59 PM
Outside cover linebacker in the top 5? Oh brother.

I'll send an SOS to world
I hope that someone gets my
Message in a Botttlllleee.

Sending out an SOS
Sending out an SOS

Don't draft RTs

Sending out an SOS

Don't draft OLBs

Sending out an SOS

Don't draft Gs

Sending out an SOS

With a top five draft pick

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Which is why all the certainty guys are displaying towards particular players is mind-numbing.

To each their own, I guess.

Well, at least he's not pimping some unworthy guy from the Big 12, as is usually the case in these instances.

OnTheWarpath58
12-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Well, at least he's not pimping some unworthy guy from the Big 12, as is usually the case in these instances.

Truth.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 04:02 PM

Colt McCoy!

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2008, 04:05 PM
Colt McCoy!

Chase Daniels FTW!

ChiefsCountry
12-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Chase Daniels FTW!

Todd Reesing!

Dicky McElephant
12-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Todd Reesing!

Jimmy Clausen!

Zouk
12-04-2008, 04:08 PM
I'm really intrigued by Everette Brown. I would consider him with Maualuga at 5.

The Bad Guy
12-04-2008, 04:10 PM
You can't take Aaron Curry.

Every game I have watched of him has been really unimpressive.

We have 2 outside linebackers. We really freaking need a MLB in the worst way.

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2008, 04:12 PM
You can't take Aaron Curry.

Every game I have watched of him has been really unimpressive.

We have 2 outside linebackers. We really freaking need a MLB in the worst way.

Plus, he plays in the ACC.

If he played in the SEC, I still wouldn't take him top 5.

Not with Rey sitting there.

The Chiefs haven't had a real middle linebacker since Dino Hackett.

Dicky McElephant
12-04-2008, 04:13 PM
We have the chance to draft a MLB that will play for us for the next 10-12 years....and people want to take a OT or an OLB with that pick? Fucking Christ. Do I want a QB? Yes.....but Stafford is more than likely gone....and I don't want Bradford anywhere near this team. So go the next best route and grab the next captain of our defense.

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2008, 04:14 PM
We have the chance to draft a MLB that will play for us for the next 10-12 years....and people want to take a OT or an OLB with that pick? Fucking Christ. Do I want a QB? Yes.....but Stafford is more than likely gone....and I don't want Bradford anywhere near this team. So go the next best route and grab the next captain of our defense.

Some "people" don't get it.

OnTheWarpath58
12-04-2008, 04:15 PM

That's the way I look at it as well.

evolve27
12-04-2008, 04:17 PM
Aaron Curry in the top 5 may be enough to really make me not give a shit at all.

You understand that's just a senior listing right.....

The more I watch of this guy, the more I think he's the real deal at OLB, he can cover adn stuff the run, but may be caught out of position due to substandard awareness but can chase down players with superb tackling skills. Suitable replacement for Donnie. Guaranteed Top 20 pick. I do think we can get better value with other players and look at Cushing or Weathersppon in 2nd to 3rd rounds. Herm loves his D.

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2008, 04:18 PM
The more I watch of this guy, the more I think he's the real deal at OLB, he can cover adn stuff the run, but may be caught out of position due to substandard awareness but can chase down tackles with superb tackling skills. Suitable replacement for Donnie. Guaranteed Top 20 pick. I do think we can get better value with other players and look at Cushing or Weathersppon in 2nd to 3rd rounds. Herm loves his D.

The Chiefs already have a "suitable" replacement for Edwards. DeMorrio Williams.

What they DON'T have is a stud middle linebacker.

evolve27
12-04-2008, 04:19 PM
The Chiefs already have a "suitable" replacement for Edwards. DeMorrio Williams.

DJ plays well on Madden at MLB for me. I think he'll be okkaaaaayy.

Chiefnj2
12-04-2008, 04:20 PM
Rey would struggle in the cover 2.

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2008, 04:20 PM
DJ plays well on Madden at MLB for me. I think he'll be okkaaaaayy.

Good for you.

Now back to the real world, Curry would be an absolute mistake in the top 5.

Dicky McElephant
12-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Gawd damnt......if we're smart we grab Rey with our 1st round pick and plug him immediately in at MLB. Move DJ to the weakside where he should have been the entire time. Move Demorrio Williams to the strongside and there you have our linebackers for the next 4-5 years.

Grab Alex Mack in the 2nd and plug him in at Center. Move Niswanger to the RG position and grab another OT in the 4th or 5th round. Put the new kid at RT and our line is at least somewhat decent.

Grab Terrell Suggs in free agency and plug him in at the LDE position. Johnston and Babin can back him up while Turk and Tamba can fill in the RDE position. Dorsey and Tank can hold down the DT position (in the right spots) with Boone and someone else as rotational backups.

OnTheWarpath58
12-04-2008, 04:22 PM

Ack.

I'm not sold on Demorrio Williams, but I can't advocate taking Curry at 5 when you can possibly get a guy like Cushing in R2, or Clay Matthews/Tyrone McKenzie later in the draft.

evolve27
12-04-2008, 04:25 PM
Ack.

I'm not sold on Demorrio Williams, but I can't advocate taking Curry at 5 when you can possibly get a guy like Cushing in R2, or Clay Matthews/Tyrone McKenzie later in the draft.

Yep, I think that would be a desperation move to grab him that early, Cushing or Weatherspoon in 2nd or 3rd, repectively. Immediate starters.

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2008, 04:25 PM
Ack.

I'm not sold on him, either. He's 28 going on 29. But position to position, he's better at OLB than Boiman or Harris are at MLB.

But with that being said, you don't reach for Curry when Rey's sitting there.

OnTheWarpath58
12-04-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm not sold on him, either. He's 28 going on 29.

But with that being said, you don't reach for Curry when Rey's sitting there.

Isn't that exactly what I said?

:D

Dicky McElephant
12-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Would people be pissed if we grabbed Rey in the 1st and Cushing in the 2nd?

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Isn't that exactly what I said?

:D

Yes. I just wanted to make sure you understood we were in agreement and that I wasn't some big fan of Williams.

He's average, which is much more than I can say about the guys who've played MLB for the Chiefs this decade.

Or last decade, for that matter.

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2008, 04:28 PM

If they were the BAA, no.

If they weren't, yes.

AustinChief
Another question...

Why is everyone sold on Maualuga and no one is mentioning Laurinaitis? I actually like Maualuga alot... but I feel Laurinaitis is just as good. I honestly think you could flip a coin on which will be the better overall player.

Mecca
Rey would struggle in the cover 2.

You are aware that USC plays a cover 2 variation right...

OnTheWarpath58

I wouldn't, provided we filled that massive crater at RDE through FA.

DaneMcCloud
Another question...

Why is everyone sold on Maualuga and no one is mentioning Laurinaitis? I actually like Maualuga alot... but I feel Laurinaitis is just as good. I honestly think you could flip a coin on which will be the better overall player.

Uh...

OnTheWarpath58
12-04-2008, 04:30 PM

Obviously not...

Dicky McElephant
12-04-2008, 04:31 PM

So Rey Rey, Cushing and Suggs would be perfectly fine then?

AustinChief
Uh...

Did I miss some discussion earlier in the thread???

Chiefnj2

Rey is a downhill player.

Dicky McElephant
12-04-2008, 04:32 PM
And just a thought.....(not that I'm trying to persuade people not to want Maulauga at #5 or whereever we draft at).....but how much of a contract do you think he'd get if we picked him at #5?

Mecca
Obviously not...

If anyone wants to know what kind of scheme USC is running, Pete Carroll is a Monte Kiffin disciple and will talk about how he basically taught him defense.

SC tends to blitz more than say a traditional cover 2 would but they have alot of cover 2 principles.

DaneMcCloud
Did I miss some discussion earlier in the thread???

Most scouts aren't nearly has high on JL as they are Rey.

OnTheWarpath58
12-04-2008, 04:33 PM
So Rey Rey, Cushing and Suggs would be perfectly fine then?

Would be for me, but I highly doubt they are going to actively pursue anyone worth a shit in FA.

This is also assuming that Cushing is the BPA in Round 2, which is quite possible.

I can think of worse scenarios...

DaneMcCloud
And just a thought.....(not that I'm trying to persuade people not to want Maulauga at #5 or whereever we draft at).....but how much of a contract do you think he'd get if we picked him at #5?

I don't really concern myself with such things.

They get what they get.

BFD.

Mecca
Rey is a downhill player.

I'm just telling you he's in a system right now that has him doing many of the same things an NFL scheme would ask him to do....if there's anything USC is good at it's preparing defensive players for the NFL with their NFL styled scheme.

kcchiefsus
12-04-2008, 04:35 PM

Which we know won't happen considering how cheap this franchise is.

OnTheWarpath58
12-04-2008, 04:36 PM

Depends on who goes around him.

Probably looking in the neighborhood of 5 years/$50-55M/$25M guaranteed.

Just a guess.

EDIT: That would be one advantage to trading down, if given the opportunity. Taking Rey 3 spots later would likely drop his contract over $2M a season, and close to $10M in guaranteed money. Something like a 5/$35M/$17M. And you get an extra draft pick. But, again, circumstances have to be right for us, and there has to be a team wanting to move up and take on a massive contract.

AustinChief
12-04-2008, 04:36 PM
Most scouts aren't nearly has high on JL as they are Rey.

That isn't what I have seen... from serious scouts they seem to be neck and neck... OSU turns out some pretty good LBs... as a matter of fact... about twice as many OSU LBs play for NFL teams than USC LBs.... of course, that isn't a knock on Rey... I think he will be great, but just don't see how he jumped ahead of JL ...

Mecca
12-04-2008, 04:38 PM
Probably because Maualuga is significantly larger...JL may have some size issues at the next level and he doesn't play in the backfield or at the line of scrimmage like Maualuga does.

evolve27
12-04-2008, 04:38 PM

Dynamic duo Batman and Robin. Wouldn't be pissed. This is only if no QB is there in the first worth taking.

AustinChief
12-04-2008, 04:44 PM
Probably because Maualuga is significantly larger...JL may have some size issues at the next level and he doesn't play in the backfield or at the line of scrimmage like Maualuga does.
Rey is only 10lbs heavier (they are the same height)

The way I see it, Rey is slightly more athletic and hits far harder.... JL has better instincts and plays the pass better.

Seems that he shouldn't be dismissed as readily as everyone here is doing...

(again, I DON'T want a stinking OSU player on our team... so I am NOT pimping JL)

Mecca
12-04-2008, 04:47 PM
There is no way they are 10lbs difference.....there's a picture of Maualuga and Cushing with Lauranitis, they are both significantly larger than Lauranitis is.

evolve27
12-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Rey is only 10lbs heavier (they are the same height)

The way I see it, Rey is slightly more athletic and hits far harder.... JL has better instincts and plays the pass better.

Seems that he shouldn't be dismissed as readily as everyone here is doing...

(again, I DON'T want a stinking OSU player on our team... so I am NOT pimping JL)

Laurinitis has better tackling techniques, Rey seems to use upper body strength more to make up for his technique. Either one would be instant impact no doubt.

OnTheWarpath58
12-04-2008, 04:52 PM
There is no way they are 10lbs difference.....there's a picture of Maualuga and Cushing with Lauranitis, they are both significantly larger than Lauranitis is.

Here.

In pads, they look comparable.

Without...not really.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 05:11 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zJsu1p0EUDE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zJsu1p0EUDE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dk2nndL4xzo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dk2nndL4xzo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The Bad Guy
12-04-2008, 05:47 PM
Would be for me, but I highly doubt they are going to actively pursue anyone worth a shit in FA.

This is also assuming that Cushing is the BPA in Round 2, which is quite possible.

I can think of worse scenarios...

I think they have to pursue a big time free agent if they fit the criteria:

1) They are young enough and not on their 3rd contract
2) They fill a big enough need.

There are too many holes on this team to rely solely on the draft.

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2008, 05:49 PM

While I completely agree, I'd be shocked if the Chiefs signed anyone of note this off-season. I have a feeling they'll wait until 2009.

OnTheWarpath58
12-04-2008, 05:53 PM

I agree, but they were in the exact same position last year - and basically stood pat.

When your biggest FA acquisition is Demorrio Williams, that tells you everything you need to know about how this organization is going to approach FA.

the Talking Can
12-04-2008, 05:59 PM
i'm starting to like spikes more than maualuga...though I'd take either...

and cushing has always impressed me more when watching usc, but he's dinged a lot....

since our idiot franchise doesn't value the QB position, even after all these years, there are much worse things that could happen then Mays/Spikes....even though i think spikes will go too high in the first for us to really have a shot...look at mayo last year

ChiefsCountry
12-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Cushing and Stafford are the two goofiest lookers ever.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 06:37 PM

Are you just not a fan of his hair do...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hfHPwHvc8-4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hfHPwHvc8-4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Tribal Warfare
12-04-2008, 06:38 PM

Over Jay Cutler??????? Puhlease!!!!!!!

ChiefsCountry
12-04-2008, 06:42 PM
This fanbase would love Cushing.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 06:43 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-_vtDlADHJo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-_vtDlADHJo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mecca

Cause he's white? Some wouldn't like him cause he's from Jersey and they'd get the guido vibe.

dorseybowe

why?

Mecca
12-04-2008, 06:44 PM
why?

I know his point, Cushing is a hard nosed dude that plays through just about any kind of injury that you can possibly play through.

It probably doesn't hurt that he's very talented and well white.

ChiefsCountry
12-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Cause he's white?

That and he has that white trash look even though he is from Jersey. And he is a hard nosed stud.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Basileus went to school with him so hey...

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-04-2008, 07:25 PM

I made this argument a while back. He's basically a NJ Guido Jared Allen.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 07:26 PM
I made this argument a while back. He's basically a NJ Guido Jared Allen.

He's not as retarded though so I don't think he'll get any DWI's.

el borracho
12-04-2008, 07:46 PM
do people get paid to be stupid

if we have back-to-back top 5 picks and don't take a ****ing QB...this franchise, this franchise that has lacked a QBOTF for ****ing ever, that has sucked ****ing ass for 15 years...if this ****ing franchise loses enough ****ing games to have BACK-TO-BACK top 5 picks and doesn't ****ing draft a ****ing QB then we ****ing deserve to lose for another ****ing 15 years....

and some of you ****ing idiots want to draft OL back to ****ing back in the first ****ing round...all you ****ing want for two ****ing years of ****ing losing is a couple of ****ing offensive linemen? you ****ing kidding me?

we eat ****ing ass for 15 years because we don't have a ****ing QB and now we have back to ****ing back top ****ing 5 ****ing picks and ****ing we aren't ****ing going to draft a ****ing QB? ****ing ****

all ****ing because of ****ing thigpen you must be ****ing me

Nothing to get upset about... if Herm is here again next year we will have another top 5 pick in 2010.

DaneMcCloud
12-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Nothing to get upset about... if Herm is here again next year we will have another top 5 pick in 2010.

What makes you think the Chiefs will have a top 5 pick in 2009?

I think they'll finish 5-11 and pick around 8th or 9th.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 07:55 PM

Some years 5-11 will get you a top 5 pick so...

el borracho
12-04-2008, 08:01 PM

http://espn.go.com/media/nfl/2006/0109/photo/a_edwards_195.jpg

milkman
12-04-2008, 10:57 PM
In all fairness, Hamas, I don't see anywhere in AC's post that says he thinks Long has been better than any of those guys.

I think he's simply pointing out that Mecca was adamant (as was I, and thus far, I've been proven wrong as well) that Long would be abused by speed rushers, and so far, that hasn't happened.

I've watched the Dolphins quite a bit, and they give Long a lot of help.

They left him alone against Chris Long a couple of times this last weekend, and he (CL) ran around him like he (JL) was standing in concrete.

OnTheWarpath58
12-04-2008, 10:59 PM
I've watched the Dolphins quite a bit, and they give Long a lot of help.

They left him alone against Chris Long a couple of times this last weekend, and he (CL) ran around him like he (JL) was standing in concrete.

I don't doubt it, but last I checked, the kid hadn't given up a sack.

Considering the abuse he got around here, help or not, he's exceeding expectations to say the least.

milkman
12-04-2008, 11:05 PM

Considering the abuse he got around here, help or not, he's exceeding expectations to say the least.

I'm not sure that it can be called "exceeding expectations" if he has to get help.

The knock on him was that he didn't have the feet to pass block against speed rushers.

The Dolphins have to give him help because he is playing exactly as expected.

OnTheWarpath58
12-04-2008, 11:09 PM
I'm not sure that it can be called "exceeding expectations" if he has to get help.

The knock on him was that he didn't have the feet to pass block against speed rushers.

The Dolphins have to give him help because he is playing exactly as expected.

I highly doubt they are giving him help on every play.

I watched the game against the Rams off and on, and didn't see him get help once. I did see him struggle with Chris Long on one play, but Jake was able to keep him outside and let the QB step up.

milkman
12-04-2008, 11:11 PM
i'm starting to like spikes more than maualuga...though I'd take either...

Same here, and I was really high on Mauluga earlier.

But Spikes has really stepped up his game.

Sam Hall
12-04-2008, 11:13 PM
All this speculation is fun but kind of silly until we know the draft order and guys separate themselves at the combine.

RustShack
12-04-2008, 11:14 PM
All this speculation is fun but kind of silly until we know the draft order and guys separate themselves at the combine.

Drafting football players off how they do in the combine is even more silly.

milkman
12-04-2008, 11:16 PM
I highly doubt they are giving him help on every play.

I watched the game against the Rams off and on, and didn't see him get help once. I did see him struggle with Chris Long on one play, but Jake was able to keep him outside and let the QB step up.

On about the third or fourth play of the game, CL went right around JL and popped Pennington really hard as he was releasing the ball.

The next three pass plays they chipped him with the TE or RB, and had him taking a different approach.

After leaving JL alone with him for most of the first half after that, CL went hard around the edge again to start the second half, and the Dolphins countered again with a few chips.

They did just enough to slow him down and make him think.

Sam Hall
12-04-2008, 11:19 PM

The point is we can continue to debate the players but it's too early.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-04-2008, 11:36 PM

He had given up at least two sacks going into last week, and got worked pretty thoroughly by Chris Long in the Rams game.

Basileus777
12-04-2008, 11:44 PM

The combine has its place. Only looking at workout numbers is retarded, but knowing how a player physically measures up is still highly useful.

Mecca
12-04-2008, 11:46 PM
The combine has its place. Only looking at workout numbers is retarded, but knowing how a player physically measures up is still highly useful.

So what do you think about the Chiefs drafting Cushing...I have to ask.

Basileus777
12-04-2008, 11:52 PM
So what do you think about the Chiefs drafting Cushing...I have to ask.

I think he could be a steal if we could get him in the 2nd, but I don't see him being there. The only thing that really worries me about him is his injury history. He's the sort of player who I wonder if his body will hold up in the NFL.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-04-2008, 11:54 PM
I think he could be a steal if we could get him in the 2nd, but I don't see him being there. The only thing that really worries me about him is his injury history. He's the sort of player who I wonder if his body will hold up in the NFL.

Do you think that is a result of the vitamin S rumors around him?

Mecca
12-04-2008, 11:57 PM

No because he doesn't get severe injuries like muscle tears which speak of steroid use...

He gets things like hip pointers that he'll play with, the only injury I recall him missing any kind of time with was last year when he had a high ankle sprain.

Basileus777
12-04-2008, 11:59 PM

Those sort of rumours have been around him since High school, though I don't have any real insight into how true they are. But even in High school he was injured pretty often, and he's had some issues with his health at USC.

Mecca
12-05-2008, 12:01 AM
Those sort of rumours have been around him since High school, though I don't have any real insight into how true they are. But even in High school he was injured pretty often, and he's had some issues with his health at USC.

He never has severe injuries though it's not like he's blown a knee or torn anything.

He gets things like high ankle sprains or hip pointers or his freshman year when he separated his shoulder.

Basileus777
12-05-2008, 12:05 AM
If we drafted him, Cushing would become the 2nd Chief to go to my High school.

The first? Rich Scanlon. :)

Mecca
12-05-2008, 12:07 AM
If we drafted him, Cushing would become the 2nd Chief to go to my High school.

The first? Rich Scanlon. :)

Well Cushing would obviously have alot to live up to.

cdcox
12-05-2008, 12:07 AM

ROFL

Even if you are right about the 5-11 bit, our most likely picks are 7th, 8th and 6th.

RedThat
12-05-2008, 01:53 AM
Judging from watching those videos, Cushing seems to know a thing or two about tackling? At least he wraps up at the point of attack? Something our safeties cant do well.

RedThat
12-05-2008, 01:56 AM
That and he has that white trash look even though he is from Jersey. And he is a hard nosed stud.

Thats good. Thats whats this defense needs, attitude.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-05-2008, 11:25 AM
Thats good. Thats whats this defense needs, attitude.

No. It needs talent and coaching.

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2008, 11:37 AM

QFMFT

RedThat
12-05-2008, 11:59 AM

While I agree with you that, but it also lacks attitude. I can name some players on this defense that are soft.

OnTheWarpath58
12-05-2008, 12:00 PM
While I agree with you that, but it also lacks attitude. I can name some players on this defense that are soft.

Please do.

RedThat
12-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Please do.

Tamba Hali, the linebacking core is soft. Pat Thomas, Rocky Boiman, Demmorrio Williams, everyone except DJ.

These guys are imo are not hard nosed football players. They do play with swagger, but they are not hard nosed. When I say hard nosed I mean like having that killer instinct.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-05-2008, 12:05 PM

Pollard is the consummate 'tude guy. Flowers has it, and so does Dorsey.

RedThat
12-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Pollard is the consummate 'tude guy. Flowers has it, and so does Dorsey.

Thats nice . Thats only 3 guys, you need 11 guys. our LBers with the exception of DJ lack attitude...Bring Mauluga, cushing and that will change.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Thats nice . Thats only 3 guys, you need 11 guys. our LBers with the exception of DJ lack attitude...Bring Mauluga, cushing and that will change.

Well then with DJ, that's 4. You can't have nothing but 'tude guys, because then you become a team of Pollards who get overly excited and blow assignments, try to deliver kill shots instead of wrapping up, and commit stupid penalties.

A few psychos on D are nice, but if you want a unit full of them, put them on ST.

OnTheWarpath58
12-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Well then with DJ, that's 4. You can't have nothing but 'tude guys, because then you become a team of Pollards who get overly excited and blow assignments, try to deliver kill shots instead of wrapping up, and commit stupid penalties.

A few psychos on D are nice, but if you want a unit full of them, put them on ST.

This.

Brock
12-05-2008, 12:13 PM
FUCK the tude, be in position for a change.

RedThat
12-05-2008, 12:19 PM

See there is a problem, Pollard has attitude to play defense, but is he smart? No. There is a fine line you gotta have players that are tough, smart, and extremely physical. Not only this but extremely disciplined as well. All in one.

It's the total package. The total package is what matters.

Chiefnj2
12-05-2008, 12:23 PM
Get a good front 7 and then you can more accurately judge the safeties.