PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Q&A with TYLER THIGPEN - 12/3

Tribal Warfare
12-03-2008, 10:31 PM
Q&A with TYLER THIGPEN - 12/3 (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/12/03/qa_with_tyler_thigpen__123/)
Dec 03, 2008, 3:28:55 PM

Q: Is it more fun coming in after a win?

TYLER THIGPEN: “It’s a lot of fun. You can see the attitude of the guys, I don’t think the attitude more or less has changed for the guys preparing each week, but you can see that smile on their face. We finally got a win out of the way. You have to put that game behind us. We won a game, but last time we won a game we went on the road to Carolina and got our tails whooped. We need to put that behind us and get prepared for Denver.”

Q: Is this team more mature now as opposed to then?

THIGPEN: “Yeah, I think so. With this win, it really helped our confidence. Each week we’ve been so close and then finally we put a whole game together, offensively, defensively and special teams. I think that was a big confidence boost for us and we need to carry it on with us this week.”

Q: Did anyone have an extra bounce in their step this week?

THIGPEN: “I’d say the past couple week, we have lost five games in a row, but the attitude is we’re still working hard. The only thing I think is different now is that that smile is on their face because of a win. Everybody’s working the same, week-in and week-out.”

Q: Can you talk about what you’ve been through the last couple of months?

THIGPEN: “I have. I think I’ve learned a lot. I’ve matured a lot, but I still have a lot to learn. That’s one thing. I can’t get complacent. I can’t think that I’ve arrived. There’s so much more for me to learn and so much more for me to improve on in my game. Each and every week we watch film after the game and you have to critique yourself and say, I could have done this better. You can never get satisfied with yourself, you just have to get better and make yourself a better player to help this team out.”

Q: Are you starting hear from fantasy players now?

THIGPEN: “I hear that every once and a while. I try to stay away from that. They’re in their own fantasy league. I just try to take care of the task at hand with this team. The fantasy leagues, they don’t care about the win-loss records, they just want you to do well. Statistically, last week I didn’t have the best game, but we won and that’s what it comes down to.”

Q: Is it odd to hear from people like that?

THIGPEN: “No. People have been doing it all along. They’ll ask me that, and I’m like ‘you’re playing in this league, not me, you take care of that yourself. The Atlanta week, I might have let it distract me, but stuff like that doesn’t distract me now.”

Q: You put together a 91-yard drive to win the game. Is that something you maybe wouldn’t have been able to do a month ago because of inexperience?

THIGPEN: “I wouldn’t say we would not have been able to do it, but we’ve kind of learned, more or less, from our mistakes and moved past those and matured. We were able to put a 16-play drive together; 91 yards, knocked nine minutes off the clock and put it in for a score. Those are things that, over time, you start maturing and believing in yourself. The offense, we believed in each other the whole drive. We needed to go down and score. Two possessions before, I threw an interception. The next drive we came out with a three-and-out. You had a decision to make. Are we going to fold the tent right here or are we going to put a drive together and put some points on the board? We chose to do that.”

Q: Was it more gratifying to put a long drive together rather than to score more quickly?

THIGPEN: “I think so. I think that puts a dagger into their defense or into their team. They watched us take nine minutes off the clock and go down there and pound it in and get a score. When an opposing team sees that, they’re like, wow this team’s really playing good right now. That just kind of takes the air out of their balloon.”

Q: Is the thin air in Denver a concern?

THIGPEN: “It hasn’t been addressed and I don’t think it should be. We’re going out there to play football. You can’t really worry about the way the air is. You kind of have adjust to it, but you can’t play that factor. If you have that in the back of your mind you’re going to be thinking about that rather than out there playing football. Hopefully the guys aren’t thinking about that too much.”

Q: How similar is this Denver team to the one you faced earlier?

THIGPEN: “They’re still running the same coverages. Now they’re trying to blitz a little more, but they’re really nicked up on defense. The blitzing, that might be the reason they’re doing that, to try to get to the quarterback and get the ball out of his hands and let their DBs come up to make plays. I’m not sure who’s going to be playing for them this week, so when we hear the injury report on Friday of who’s going to be playing, it might be adjusted come game time. So we’ll just have to play it by ear.”

Tribal Warfare
12-03-2008, 10:33 PM
This was your normal QB press conference until the last question where Thigpen said "poster board" material

KcMizzou
12-03-2008, 10:35 PM
This was your normal QB press conference until the last question where Thigpen said "poster board" materialHe's prepping for the Science Fair.

TrickyNicky
12-03-2008, 10:39 PM
He tried to add the Vinegar to his volcano, but he missed the hole by a yard. Inaccuracy doomed him once again.

Darth CarlSatan
12-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Q&A with TYLER THIGPEN - 12/3 (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/12/03/qa_with_tyler_thigpen__123/)
Dec 03, 2008, 3:28:55 PM

Q: Is it more fun coming in after a win?

TYLER THIGPEN: “It’s a lot of fun. You can see the attitude of the guys, I don’t think the attitude more or less has changed for the guys preparing each week, but you can see that smile on their face. We finally got a win out of the way. You have to put that game behind us. We won a game, but last time we won a game we went on the road to Carolina and got our tails whooped. We need to put that behind us and get prepared for Denver.”

Q: Is this team more mature now as opposed to then?

THIGPEN: “Yeah, I think so. With this win, it really helped our confidence. Each week we’ve been so close and then finally we put a whole game together, offensively, defensively and special teams. I think that was a big confidence boost for us and we need to carry it on with us this week.”

Q: Did anyone have an extra bounce in their step this week?

THIGPEN: “I’d say the past couple week, we have lost five games in a row, but the attitude is we’re still working hard. The only thing I think is different now is that that smile is on their face because of a win. Everybody’s working the same, week-in and week-out.”

Q: Can you talk about what you’ve been through the last couple of months?

THIGPEN: “I have. I think I’ve learned a lot. I’ve matured a lot, but I still have a lot to learn. That’s one thing. I can’t get complacent. I can’t think that I’ve arrived. There’s so much more for me to learn and so much more for me to improve on in my game. Each and every week we watch film after the game and you have to critique yourself and say, I could have done this better. You can never get satisfied with yourself, you just have to get better and make yourself a better player to help this team out.”

Q: Are you starting hear from fantasy players now?

THIGPEN: “I hear that every once and a while. I try to stay away from that. They’re in their own fantasy league. I just try to take care of the task at hand with this team. The fantasy leagues, they don’t care about the win-loss records, they just want you to do well. Statistically, last week I didn’t have the best game, but we won and that’s what it comes down to.”

Q: Is it odd to hear from people like that?

THIGPEN: “No. People have been doing it all along. They’ll ask me that, and I’m like ‘you’re playing in this league, not me, you take care of that yourself. The Atlanta week, I might have let it distract me, but stuff like that doesn’t distract me now.”

Q: You put together a 91-yard drive to win the game. Is that something you maybe wouldn’t have been able to do a month ago because of inexperience?

THIGPEN: “I wouldn’t say we would not have been able to do it, but we’ve kind of learned, more or less, from our mistakes and moved past those and matured. We were able to put a 16-play drive together; 91 yards, knocked nine minutes off the clock and put it in for a score. Those are things that, over time, you start maturing and believing in yourself. The offense, we believed in each other the whole drive. We needed to go down and score. Two possessions before, I threw an interception. The next drive we came out with a three-and-out. You had a decision to make. Are we going to fold the tent right here or are we going to put a drive together and put some points on the board? We chose to do that.”

Q: Was it more gratifying to put a long drive together rather than to score more quickly?

THIGPEN: “I think so. I think that puts a dagger into their defense or into their team. They watched us take nine minutes off the clock and go down there and pound it in and get a score. When an opposing team sees that, they’re like, wow this team’s really playing good right now. That just kind of takes the air out of their balloon.”

Q: Is the thin air in Denver a concern?

THIGPEN: “It hasn’t been addressed and I don’t think it should be. We’re going out there to play football. You can’t really worry about the way the air is. You kind of have adjust to it, but you can’t play that factor. If you have that in the back of your mind you’re going to be thinking about that rather than out there playing football. Hopefully the guys aren’t thinking about that too much.”

Q: How similar is this Denver team to the one you faced earlier?

THIGPEN: “They’re still running the same coverages. Now they’re trying to blitz a little more, but they’re really nicked up on defense. The blitzing, that might be the reason they’re doing that, to try to get to the quarterback and get the ball out of his hands and let their DBs come up to make plays. I’m not sure who’s going to be playing for them this week, so when we hear the injury report on Friday of who’s going to be playing, it might be adjusted come game time. So we’ll just have to play it by ear.”

Major Points Scored with DCS; fuck that fantasy shit. When I have a fantasy, it involves a Swedish Women's Ski Team.

Denver or high altitude is a place you want to arrive at as late as possible. And when you get there, keep your blood oxygenated. But I'm sure the Med Staff already knows this and hands out chemical or natural medication to get it done.