PDA

View Full Version : Video Games GTA IV PC

Coach
12-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Okay, I got this game, and everything went through without a hitch, and I am in the process of playing the game, where Niko meets his cousin from the boat. For some reason, the controller connecting to the USB is not responding to my commands.

I don't know if it's the game settings or what, but it's just not doing anything in the game, yet I tried it on GTA SA, and it works perfectly fine. The Controller is a Logitech, and the layout of the controller is identical to a PS 3 controller.

Help?

Demonpenz
12-04-2008, 04:34 PM
check to see if it plugged in correctly

Coach
12-04-2008, 05:41 PM
check to see if it plugged in correctly

If you mean the controller cord to the USB, I can guarentee you that it was already plugged in.

Of course, I know you were being sarcastic, but this cuntfucky bullshit that my controller can't control the game.

Demonpenz
12-04-2008, 06:12 PM
hmmm maybe it's not plugged in correctly

Coach
12-04-2008, 06:15 PM
hmmm maybe it's not plugged in correctly

Well, it should be, because the red light on my controller comes on whenever it is plugged, so.

The thing is though, on the game, where I am at the control section, and there's that option of "controller configure" or "configure controller" (one or the other) and I moved my keys to that, and pressed enter, and the screen shows that the X-box controller with all the lists on it.

I was like "WTF? I don't own a X-Box?"

Demonpenz
12-04-2008, 06:19 PM
i don't know whats up maybe your respect level is too low

Basileus777
12-04-2008, 06:32 PM
From what I've heard, the GTAIV PC port is pretty crappy, it might be Rockstar's problem. I know the 360 controller works perfectly because it's a Game for Windows Live, maybe they aren't supporting other controllers or it's not working correctly.

Coach
12-04-2008, 08:04 PM
From what I've heard, the GTAIV PC port is pretty crappy, it might be Rockstar's problem. I know the 360 controller works perfectly because it's a Game for Windows Live, maybe they aren't supporting other controllers or it's not working correctly.

Well, I just made a decision to go buy a X-Box controller, as I looked in the back of the game box, and it has the " Supports Xbox 360 Controller for Windows." Unfortunately, I am not too pleased to report that I shelled out 60 godfuckdamned dollars for this.

Coach
12-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Well, so far, it's OK, but I still hate the fact that you have to be signed in, in order to play the game and save it. I mean, that's the most silliest thing I ever heard?

Other than that, I probably will be needing to upgrade my graphic card, as this game requires a 512, and mine's only a 256.

Psyko Tek
12-05-2008, 05:43 PM
use the keyboard and mouse it's worked for all the other GTA'S

pissed cause my video card isn't good enough

Coach
12-05-2008, 06:37 PM
use the keyboard and mouse it's worked for all the other GTA'S

pissed cause my video card isn't good enough

I hate using the keyboard and mouse for it. It's just too darned difficult for me to do that.

Bowser
12-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Get a 360 for chrissakes.

Coach
12-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Get a 360 for chrissakes.

Hell no. My brother's experience with a 360 was awful. In two whole year span, he had 3 Xbox's replaced, and he just got tired of it, so he bought himself a PS3.

Personally, I'm not too keen on busting out $300-400 on a PS3, especially when other things are more important for that money (i.e. bills, rent, savings, etc)