PDA

View Full Version : KU Little cleared to start practicing on limited basis

ArrowheadHawk
12-04-2008, 04:53 PM
Little cleared to start practicing on limited basis

By Gary Bedore
Kansas University junior forward Mario Little has been cleared to start practicing on a limited basis, KU coach Bill Self said Thursday.

Little, a 6-foot-5, 210-pound transfer from Chipola (Fla.) Community College, has yet to play in a game this season because of a stress fracture in his lower left leg.

Advertisement

X-rays taken on Thursday “looked good,” according to Self, allowing for Little’s return to the court for practice on Friday.

“We’ll monitor his progress as we go to see how he’s doing. Really he’s not done much at all since Canada,” Self said, referring to KU’s Labor Day weekend trip to Ottawa.

“We’ll start slow and gradually build up. He’ll be limited in certain drills, maybe do some non-contact stuff early on. We’ll bring him along like we did Brandon,” he added, referring to former KU player Brandon Rush’s early workouts after coming back from ACL surgery.

“Hopefully, depending on how he responds to pounding, he’ll be able to play (in a game) in a couple weeks. That’s the best-case scenario, to play in a couple weeks,” Self added.

The Jayhawks, who pounded New Mexico State, 100-79, on Wednesday night, were awarded a day off from practice Thursday. They’ll resume action against Jackson State at 1 p.m. Saturday in Allen Fieldhouse.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2008/dec/04/little-cleared-start-practicing-limited-basis/
:rockon:

BigVE
12-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Good news. He is right on schedule to be full strength for Big12 play.

Ari Chi3fs
12-04-2008, 05:26 PM
MARIO!!! MARIO!!!!

oh wait... nm. He plays for the Heat now.

Uh, Mario Little!!!

There is only one Mario...

ArrowheadHawk
12-04-2008, 08:41 PM
MARIO!!! MARIO!!!!

oh wait... nm. He plays for the Heat now.

Uh, Mario Little!!!

There is only one Mario...He is the new Mario. And nice av.

Saulbadguy
12-04-2008, 08:50 PM
What's next, monitoring his farts to see what he ate for breakfast that morning?

Skip Towne
12-04-2008, 10:38 PM
What's next, monitoring his farts to see what he ate for breakfast that morning?

Jealous much?

Reerun_KC
12-04-2008, 11:38 PM

Kind of like you guys did with Beasley? Eh no thanks, we are to busy shining up that NC trophy and looking at our new banner....

If we could only compete with K-State and their "Instant Wildcat Classic - The 2008 Kansas MBB Game (2-Disc Set)"...

I feel so inferior....

Saulbadguy
12-05-2008, 06:49 AM
Jealous much?

I think updates on practice reports are a bit much for a Chiefs message board. Maybe that is just me. I tell you what, you guys keep us updated on the practice reports, i'll keep the police blotter threads up to date.

hawkchief
12-05-2008, 07:19 AM
I think updates on practice reports are a bit much for a Chiefs message board. Maybe that is just me. I tell you what, you guys keep us updated on the practice reports, i'll keep the police blotter threads up to date.

As a KSUck fan, that's pretty much all there is to do anymore, huh?

ArrowheadHawk
12-05-2008, 07:26 AM
[/B]

As a KSUck fan, that's pretty much all there is to do anymore, huh?

I think their girls basketball team is decent.ROFL

Saulbadguy
12-05-2008, 07:29 AM
I think their girls basketball team is decent.ROFL

Clearly superior.

ArrowheadHawk
12-05-2008, 07:36 AM
Clearly superior.

Exciting. :thumb:

Skip Towne
12-05-2008, 07:47 AM

This from an also ran.

hawkchief
12-05-2008, 08:00 AM
Clearly superior.

Amazing what a few chubby farm girls can do when it comes to a 3rd tier sport like women's college hoops.

CoMoChief
12-05-2008, 08:10 AM
Anything to get Morningstar off the court. Good God.

Saulbadguy
12-05-2008, 08:15 AM
Anything to get Morningstar off the court. Good God.

Is he the new "Kaun"?

CoMoChief
12-05-2008, 08:18 AM
Amazing what a few chubby farm girls can do when it comes to a 3rd tier sport like women's college hoops.

3rd Tier?!?!?!?

Wow, thats being awfully nice.

hawkchief
12-05-2008, 08:21 AM
Is he the new "Kaun"?

Brady or Sasha would probably get their jerseys hung in the Bram, aka Allen Fieldhouse West. (I realize that's not saying much).

CoMoChief
12-05-2008, 08:22 AM
Is he the new "Kaun"?

Until he doesn't start........yes he is. :D

CoMoChief
12-05-2008, 08:24 AM
KU has 3 penciled in starters IMO.

Collins, Taylor, and Aldrich

The 2 remaining spots are left open, and Morningstar shouldn't be in that conversation for filling one of them.

Skip Towne
12-05-2008, 08:26 AM

The 2 remaining spots are left open, and Morningstar shouldn't be in that conversation for filling one of them.

You got something against being 10 deep you fucking idiot?

CoMoChief
12-05-2008, 08:28 AM
You got something against being 10 deep you ****ing idiot?

I'm talking about starters. Yes I do know that there are people that come off of the bench you moron, my argument is that Morningstar shouldn't start.

Self won't be running 10 deep this season IMO.

Skip Towne
12-05-2008, 08:32 AM
I'm talking about starters. Yes I do know that there are people that come off of the bench you moron, my argument is that Morningstar shouldn't start.

Self won't be running 10 deep this season IMO.

The more you stfu the smarter you look.

ChiTown
12-05-2008, 08:42 AM
Brady or Sasha would probably get their jerseys hung in the Bram, aka Allen Fieldhouse West. (I realize that's not saying much).

That's H I larious.

What's wrong? Did a KSU alum fuck your wife and make you take pictures?

hawkchief
12-05-2008, 09:51 AM
That's H I larious.

What's wrong? Did a KSU alum **** your wife and make you take pictures?

Nope, my wife is a gorgeous female (human being), not a farm animal, like most KSU alums seem to prefer.

chief4life
12-05-2008, 10:23 AM
Can someone tell me a bit about this kid i don't know much about him. How good is he?

KC_Connection
12-05-2008, 11:00 AM

True say.

Mr. Laz
12-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Is he the new "Kaun"?
yes ... he has designated Morningstar to be his Ragfest player of the year.

can you kill CoMo for me ..... plz?

ArrowheadHawk
12-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Can someone tell me a bit about this kid i don't know much about him. How good is he?He was voted in the preseason to be the newcomer of the year in the big 12. He started all three games in Canada and was the number one ranked Juco player last year. So he has a little hype(pun intended). Most KU fans hope he can play well enough to knock Morningstar out of the starting spot.

CoMoChief
12-05-2008, 11:44 AM
yes ... he has designated Morningstar to be his Ragfest player of the year.

can you kill CoMo for me ..... plz?

Well.....He shouldnt be starting and is taking minutes away from better more talented players. Its not that hard to figure out. Pretty simple actually.

CoMoChief
12-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Most KU fans hope he can play well enough to knock Morningstar out of the starting spot.

Except Laz, who thinks Morningstar's a God.

schneider221
12-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Sadly I agree completely with CoMO even though last year i disagreed with you about Sasha. Morningstar will only hurt us in the long run if he keeps getting the same amount of minutes. My worst fear is that he will continue to shoot well against these no name schools and then give himself the go ahead to shoot at will against teams like texas and OU. The type of shots he has gotten off so far will not be there with better and faster athletes on defense.

DJay23
12-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Morningstar will not be a starter all year.

Think back to a year ago. Remember who the starting 5 was to start the season?

Jackson
Robinson
Chalmers
Arthur

and...

Stewart!

Rush was hurt at the start of the year, so Self put in a guy with experience who could eat up minutes later on in the year, but not be a significant role player. He was giving him game legs basically. I think that is what he is doing with Morningstar. Since he has experience in the offense and especially defense, he'll keep him in there until one of a number of things happen:

1. Releford proves in practice he is accustomed to the offense/defense enough to start/play significant minutes.
2. See above but replace Releford with Appleton
3. Little comes back healthy and see 1 again.

I think by the time everyone is healthy and understanding the offense/defense sets the rotation will be:

Starters
Aldrich
Marcus
Little
Collins
Taylor

Big Bench
Thomas
Markieff

Small Bench
Releford
Reed

Throw some minutes from Appleton and Morningstar in there once in a while as Releford works on D and rebounding.

Silock
12-05-2008, 12:16 PM

I think it is just you. This is kind of a big deal for a struggling KU team.

Mr. Laz
12-05-2008, 12:20 PM
Except Laz, who thinks Morningstar's a God.
per usual, your comprehension borders on zero.

i never said Morninstar was a god or even that Morningstar should be a starter.

i just said that it was too early to conclude that "Morningstar sucks" and that he COULD turn into an important role player even if he doesn't start.

but the moron trio of silcok,GheymoChief and KcConnection have jumped to another stupid ass conclusion just like with Sasha Kaun.

so why don't you take your MUron ass back to your trailer park in columbia and just stick to cheering for MU and leave my hawks alone.

we don't want you as a fan, we don't need you as a fan

dam bandwagon MUron should just suck on the end of a shotgun and make the world a better place and stop tainting my Kansas Jayhawk basketball team with your foul tigger stench.

CoMoChief
12-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Morningstar will not be a starter all year.

Think back to a year ago. Remember who the starting 5 was to start the season?

Jackson
Robinson
Chalmers
Arthur

and...

Stewart!

Rush was hurt at the start of the year, so Self put in a guy with experience who could eat up minutes later on in the year, but not be a significant role player. He was giving him game legs basically. I think that is what he is doing with Morningstar. Since he has experience in the offense and especially defense, he'll keep him in there until one of a number of things happen:

1. Releford proves in practice he is accustomed to the offense/defense enough to start/play significant minutes.
2. See above but replace Releford with Appleton
3. Little comes back healthy and see 1 again.

I think by the time everyone is healthy and understanding the offense/defense sets the rotation will be:

Starters
Aldrich
Marcus
Little
Collins
Taylor

Big Bench
Thomas
Markieff

Small Bench
Releford
Reed

Throw some minutes from Appleton and Morningstar in there once in a while as Releford works on D and rebounding.

Ill agree with this.

ArrowheadHawk
12-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Ill agree with this.

Same here but even it he doesn't start Morningstar in my opinion will still get minutes.

CoMoChief
12-05-2008, 02:30 PM

i just said that it was too early to conclude that "Morningstar sucks" and that he COULD turn into an important role player even if he doesn't start.

but the moron trio of silcok,GheymoChief and KcConnection have jumped to another stupid ass conclusion just like with Sasha Kaun.

so why don't you take your MUron ass back to your trailer park in columbia and just stick to cheering for MU and leave my hawks alone.

dam bandwagon MUron should just suck on the end of a shotgun and make the world a better place and stop tainting my Kansas Jayhawk basketball team with your foul tigger stench.

Sorry.......all I heard in this post was a bunch of :deevee:

What a fuckin sissy you are......Jesus Christ

KC_Connection
12-05-2008, 03:11 PM
I think it is just you. This is kind of a big deal for a struggling KU team.

KU is struggling? I know they've faced a bunch of nobodies, but they've won like the last 3 games by an average of 27 points, haha. They also took what looks to be a good Syracuse team into OT and would have won that game had they made free throws.

They are MUCH further along right now than I thought they would be.

KC_Connection
12-05-2008, 03:14 PM

Umm... WTF? I like Sasha Kaun. I thought he was a good player for this team last year, and he deserves massive respect from the fans for putting up his best games in the tournament when it really counted.

Morningstar doesn't even come close to what Kaun was worth to that KU team last year. He's a virtual joke in comparison.

CoMoChief
12-05-2008, 03:22 PM
he deserves massive respect from the fans for putting up his best games in the tournament when it really counted.

FWIW, I did give Kaun credit for his game against Davidson. KU wouldn't have won the game without him. I applauded his effort.

Having that said, for as big as he was he should have been more of a dominant big man, kinda like what Aldrich is now.

Aldrich as a Jr in HS >>>>>>> Kaun as a Sr at KU

KC_Connection
12-05-2008, 03:38 PM
I'm not even sure why you would feel the need to make that comparison, though. Aldrich is clearly on another level, but that doesn't make Kaun useless or anything.

hawkchief
12-05-2008, 03:55 PM
FWIW, I did give Kaun credit for his game against Davidson. KU wouldn't have won the game without him. I applauded his effort.

Having that said, for as big as he was he should have been more of a dominant big man, kinda like what Aldrich is now.

Aldrich as a Jr in HS >>>>>>> Kaun as a Sr at KU

Thanks, but KU fans will continue to enjoy our latest National Champiuonship regardless of what ignorant posters like CoMo post. By his rationale, Jason Bennet at 7'3" should be the best player to ever play the game.

Sasha Kahn played an integral role in KU's Championship season and maximized his God-given skills when he was needed most. Just because you didn't happen to notice or realize it, doesn't change anything.

Skip Towne
12-05-2008, 03:55 PM
I saw Aldrich miss everything from 2 feet against Washington. Worthless POS.

CoMoChief
12-05-2008, 04:19 PM
I saw Aldrich miss everything from 2 feet against Washington. Worthless POS.

STFU no you didnt. He went 16pts 9 reb, that game.

That would be almost a career day for Kaun.

Silock
12-05-2008, 05:46 PM

You know, if you keep lumping me in with those guys simply because I don't think Morningstar cuts the mustard as a starter, I'm going to start taking it personally.

Cut the namecalling.

Silock
12-05-2008, 05:50 PM
KU is struggling? I know they've faced a bunch of nobodies, but they've won like the last 3 games by an average of 27 points, haha. They also took what looks to be a good Syracuse team into OT and would have won that game had they made free throws.

They are MUCH further along right now than I thought they would be.

I still think we're struggling. We're out of sync right now. We have too many stupid giveaways and lapses on defense. Sure, we're ahead of where I thought we'd be, too, but that doesn't mean that this squad is doing anything near its potential. But hey, that happens when you have basically an entirely new team. I'm not upset about it. I'm just saying that this squad has a myriad of things that it is capable of doing much better (hence "struggling").

If we light up the Big 12 like we have the past three opponents, I'll come back and say I was wrong about us struggling right now. I'm sure we'll get better. We have to if we want to compete. The Big 12 is strong this year.

KC_Connection
12-06-2008, 12:25 AM
You know, if you keep lumping me in with those guys simply because I don't think Morningstar cuts the mustard as a starter, I'm going to start taking it personally.

I haven't said anything other than that Morningstar doesn't deserve the minutes he's getting. I guess that makes me "one of those guys?" Whatever that means.

KC_Connection
12-06-2008, 12:26 AM
I still think we're struggling. We're out of sync right now. We have too many stupid giveaways and lapses on defense. Sure, we're ahead of where I thought we'd be, too, but that doesn't mean that this squad is doing anything near its potential. But hey, that happens when you have basically an entirely new team. I'm not upset about it. I'm just saying that this squad has a myriad of things that it is capable of doing much better (hence "struggling").

Complaining about this team right now is kind of ridiculous in the first place. They are beating teams they should be beating in blowouts, and playing competitive games agaisnt tough teams. I really don't see the problem here.