PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football FFL Predicament

luv
12-04-2008, 09:28 PM
I know there's a forum and thread on who to start, but I wanted to get some input. Here's the scenario.

Playoff game.

I planned on starting Barber and Jacobs. However, looks like Barber is a game time decision. However, he doesn't play until the late afternoon game. I picked up Choice, who will likely start if Barber doesn't. BUT.....I've got Ward. He's Jacobs' backup, but he's been getting some points either scoring or getting some receiving yards.

Which would you do? Start Jacobs and Ward, or take my chances that Barber will play and start Choice if he doesn't?

Poll to follow.

FTR: I'm personally leaning towards starting Jacobs and Ward.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-04-2008, 09:30 PM
You should start Betty Crocker.

dorseybowe
12-04-2008, 09:35 PM
Just check in the morning Sunday and get the latest info. You'll probably have a good indication if Barber will play or not. Otherwise, I'd leave a spot open if you still do not know and plug in Choice or Barber. If Barber doesn't start, Choice > Ward.

Thig Lyfe
12-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Tiki Barber retired a couple seasons ago. Bad play.

smittysbar
12-04-2008, 09:53 PM
If you start 2 rbs from the same team you will live and die how that team performs. Not a smart choice. Even a great day will probably be just so so split for two backs.

BTW, there is a forum for this........

Sure-Oz
12-04-2008, 10:23 PM
I think Barber will get shit on vs Pitt

I'd rather go with the giants RB's

Mecca
12-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Yea it's not a good idea to start 2 RB's from the same team..do you have any other option?

Sure-Oz
12-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Yea it's not a good idea to start 2 RB's from the same team..do you have any other option?

If she has no other options its not bad to have ward as the other RB either, the guy has averaged around 40 yards rushing and 30-50 recieving lately....but yeah i'd like to know her other options there too

jAZ
12-04-2008, 10:35 PM
I know there's a forum and thread on who to start, but I wanted to get some input. Here's the scenario.

Playoff game.

I planned on starting Barber and Jacobs. However, looks like Barber is a game time decision. However, he doesn't play until the late afternoon game. I picked up Choice, who will likely start if Barber doesn't. BUT.....I've got Ward. He's Jacobs' backup, but he's been getting some points either scoring or getting some receiving yards.

Which would you do? Start Jacobs and Ward, or take my chances that Barber will play and start Choice if he doesn't?

Poll to follow.

FTR: I'm personally leaning towards starting Jacobs and Ward.

Werid, I have the exact same roster decision.

luv
12-04-2008, 11:12 PM
i have four RB's. Jacobs, Ward, Barber, and now Choice.

luv
12-04-2008, 11:19 PM
If she has no other options its not bad to have ward as the other RB either, the guy has averaged around 40 yards rushing and 30-50 recieving lately....but yeah i'd like to know her other options there too

This is what I was thinking. Ward's been plaing more lately, but it's because Jacobs was out, and then they split reps last week.Ward would have given me seven points.

Scoring for RB's --

10 points after 100 yards rushing, then 1 point for every ten yards after that
5 points after 50 yards receiving, then 1 point for every ten yards after that
6 points for TD's - rushing or recieving within 10 yards of goal
9 points for 10-40 yards (i believe)
12 points for anything further

luv
12-04-2008, 11:20 PM
If you start 2 rbs from the same team you will live and die how that team performs. Not a smart choice. Even a great day will probably be just so so split for two backs.

BTW, there is a forum for this........

Yes, I acknowledged that in my OP.

dorseybowe
12-05-2008, 12:27 AM
This is what I was thinking. Ward's been plaing more lately, but it's because Jacobs was out, and then they split reps last week.Ward would have given me seven points.

Scoring for RB's --

10 points after 100 yards rushing, then 1 point for every ten yards after that
5 points after 50 yards receiving, then 1 point for every ten yards after that
6 points for TD's - rushing or recieving within 10 yards of goal
9 points for 10-40 yards (i believe)
12 points for anything further

Eh, I don't know. What if Barber ends up being able to go? That's crucial points you would be losing. What if the Giants' run game falters? You would be toast. What if Ward doesn't see any significant touches? I don't think this is that difficult of a decision. Waiting on Barber, if you need to, is the safer option.

Mecca
12-05-2008, 12:33 AM
I have Barber in a league also but I'm seriously leaning to not playing him.

dorseybowe
12-05-2008, 12:37 AM
Luv, if your gut is telling you to start Ward, go for it. You might regret not going for it.

JuicesFlowing
12-05-2008, 01:05 AM
Tiki Barber retired a couple seasons ago. Bad play.

:clap:

patteeu
12-05-2008, 07:56 AM
Tough call, but with Barber being injured against the best defense in the league even if he does play, I think I'd go with the two G-men. It will limit your upside, but you'll have a more reliable chance of getting a decent, overall RB contribution.

On second thought, maybe you should consider what you're up against in terms of your opponent. If you think you're going to need to really hit a home run to beat your opponent, then go with the high risk, potentially high reward combo of Jacobs/Barber. If you just think you need to avoid a dismal score to have a good chance of winning, go with Jacobs/Ward.

sparkky
12-05-2008, 10:05 AM
gimpy Barber AT Pitt scares me.
I'd go G-men and pray.