12-05-2008, 12:25 AM
Which bowl is that?

There's way to many.

Boyceofsummer
12-05-2008, 12:28 AM
It's warm in Arizona.

Reerun_KC
12-05-2008, 12:30 AM
I heard that he head of the insight.com company or something like that is a KU grad. So they were thrilled to get the hawks...

Hey its a bowl and we can still have an 8 win season!

BWillie
What are we playing Minnesota or somebody shit? Either way, it's the big ten so KU will blow them out....unless it's Iowa. Then it will be fun to watch.

Thig Lyfe
Holy fuck, NFL Network holds the rights to the Insight Bowl.

What a joke.

Reerun_KC
Which bowl is that?

There's way to many.

:shrug:

Its a bowl game, that is all I care about for the Hawks...

Reerun_KC
12-05-2008, 12:31 AM
Holy ****, NFL Network holds the rights to the Insight Bowl.

What a joke.

Sweet, HD for me!

Mecca
12-05-2008, 12:32 AM
I'm just waiting till after this week then me and Diddy can raz each other about the bowl matchup..

chiefs1111
12-05-2008, 12:45 AM
Southern Miss is heading to the R&L carriers Bowl or something like that,who comes up with these things? lol

Basileus777
12-05-2008, 12:48 AM

What a joke.

That sucks. The same thing happened with Rutgers a few years ago. But enough people complained and the NFL let the game be shown on other channels.

Guru
12-05-2008, 12:49 AM

What a joke.Are you friggin kidding me? another KU game missed.

Old Dog
12-05-2008, 07:44 AM
Sweet, HD for me!

me too

Saulbadguy
12-05-2008, 07:50 AM
Good environment and fun area for the very few "jayhawk fans" on here that will make the game.

CoMoChief
12-05-2008, 08:03 AM
You think Lew Perkins told them he would buy out all the tickets KU didn't sell, this time?

kepp
12-05-2008, 08:03 AM
Thought I'd post the article for those who couldn't get to it for some reason:

The Kansas University football team is headed to the Insight Bowl.

A source with inside knowledge of the negotiations told the Journal-World on Thursday that Kansas University is planning to announce Friday that it will be putting tickets on sale for the 2008 Insight Bowl.

The Tempe, Ariz.-based bowl, which kicks off at 5 p.m. on Dec. 31 at Sun Devil Stadium, annually pits a Big 12 team against a team from the Big Ten. Because it remains unclear how many Big Ten teams will be represented in BCS bowls, however, the Jayhawks' opponent has not yet been determined.

Fellow Big 12 North member Nebraska, meanwhile, is currently selling tickets to the Jan. 1 Gator Bowl, where the Huskers will take on Clemson.

The Alamo Bowl, which had discussed the possibility of offering a bid to Kansas, is no longer an option for the Jayhawks. According to the source, even if the Alamo Bowl thought Kansas would be a better draw, the San Antonio-based bowl would not want to go against the wishes of one of its partners, the Big 12 Conference, by bypassing the North champion in favor of the division's third-place finisher.

Lzen
12-05-2008, 08:17 AM
Sweet, HD for me!

No shit. The Orange Bowl last year was fantastic. But my local Fox affiliate does not broadcast in HD. The only local station that does not. :cuss:

Lzen
12-05-2008, 08:26 AM
Assistant coach returning to KSU

By Dugan Arnett (http://www2.kusports.com/staff/dugan_arnett/)

Kansas University defensive line coach Joe Bob Clements is leaving KU to take over the defensive ends coaching position at rival Kansas State, Wildcats coach Bill Snyder announced Thursday.
Clements, who is in his first season as a Jayhawks assistant, was part of 10 bowl games as both a player and coach with Kansas State and spent a total of seven years working under the legendary Snyder, who will return to the Wildcats’ sideline next season after a three-year hiatus. Clements represents the first known member of Snyder's new staff.
<small>Advertisement</small>

After walking on to the Kansas State team prior to the 1996 season, Clements developed into an honorable mention all-Big 12 selection before graduating in 1999. He remained at KSU when his playing career was over, serving as a student and graduate assistant before taking over as defensive ends coach from 2003-05. He also spent two seasons as the defensive line coach at San Diego State before joining KU coach Mark Mangino's staff earlier this year.
Clements will not coach the Jayhawks in their yet-to-be-determined bowl game, Kansas officials said Thursday.
“We’ll absorb his responsibilities among the staff,” associate athletics director Jim Marchiony said. “That’s what will likely happen.”
A Kansas State spokesman, meanwhile, said Clements will begin recruiting for the Wildcats immediately.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2008/dec/05/assistant-coach-returning-ksu/

Saulbadguy
12-05-2008, 08:30 AM

Kansas University defensive line coach Joe Bob Clements is leaving KU to take over the defensive ends coaching position at rival Kansas State, Wildcats coach Bill Snyder announced Thursday.
Clements, who is in his first season as a Jayhawks assistant, was part of 10 bowl games as both a player and coach with Kansas State and spent a total of seven years working under the legendary Snyder, who will return to the Wildcats’ sideline next season after a three-year hiatus. Clements represents the first known member of Snyder's new staff.

After walking on to the Kansas State team prior to the 1996 season, Clements developed into an honorable mention all-Big 12 selection before graduating in 1999. He remained at KSU when his playing career was over, serving as a student and graduate assistant before taking over as defensive ends coach from 2003-05. He also spent two seasons as the defensive line coach at San Diego State before joining KU coach Mark Mangino's staff earlier this year.
Clements will not coach the Jayhawks in their yet-to-be-determined bowl game, Kansas officials said Thursday.
“We’ll absorb his responsibilities among the staff,” associate athletics director Jim Marchiony said. “That’s what will likely happen.”
A Kansas State spokesman, meanwhile, said Clements will begin recruiting for the Wildcats immediately.

Yeah, not all that thrilled about that one.

ArrowheadHawk
12-05-2008, 08:31 AM

He must love KSuck. Taking a demotion. ROFL

Lzen
12-05-2008, 08:57 AM
Yeah, not all that thrilled about that one.

Now I'm curious. Why?

He must love KSuck. Taking a demotion. ROFL

I imagine he really just wants to work with his long time coach and mentor.

Skip Towne
12-05-2008, 09:00 AM
Did I read that right? The Big XII had to force the Alamo Bowl to take Missouri. Hahahahahahaha

Saulbadguy
12-05-2008, 09:08 AM
Now I'm curious. Why?

I don't think he is that great of a recruiter. Or a D-Line coach for that matter. JMO.

kepp
12-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Did I read that right? The Big XII had to force the Alamo Bowl to take Missouri. Hahahahahahaha

Actually, no. You didn't read it right.

even if the Alamo Bowl thought
Translation:

kU writer: "But...but wouldn't kU be a better team for your bowl?"
Alamo Bowl rep: "even if we thought that..."

Mr. Plow
12-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Sweet. Bowl game on New Year's Eve. It's going to be a good drunk this year.

Lzen
12-05-2008, 10:07 AM
Actually, no. You didn't read it right.

Translation:

kU writer: "But...but wouldn't kU be a better team for your bowl?"
Alamo Bowl rep: "even if we thought that..."

Just a couple of notes.

The Alamo Bowl....had discussed the possibility of offering a bid to KansasAnd that KU writer, Dugan Anett is actually an MU guy, FWIW.

Frazod
12-05-2008, 10:11 AM
I guess Lew's jaw never healed from last year.

(You'd all be dissappointed if I didn't say it :D )

sedated
12-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Kansas University defensive line coach Joe Bob Clements is leaving KU to take over the defensive ends coaching position at rival Kansas State

sweet, now maybe we can hire someone who will give us a pass-rush

Mr. Plow
12-05-2008, 10:19 AM

That's what I was thinking. Do we even get to the QB....ever?

DaWolf
12-05-2008, 10:26 AM
Now I'm curious. Why?

I imagine he really just wants to work with his long time coach and mentor.

He's also a KSU grad...

Skip Towne
12-05-2008, 10:31 AM
It's really not that surprising, last year the Orange Bowl didn't want MU either.

ChiTown
12-05-2008, 10:36 AM

Your D in general was not very good, but you were 6th in the conference in sacks (top 50 in the country). About what I would expect from the 7th placed team in the B12.

Tactical Funky
12-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Sounds like I'll be making a road trip down to Tempe with some friends. I haven't visited that place in a few years, but Mill Ave near the ASU campus is always a good time.

Ultra Peanut
12-05-2008, 05:12 PM
It used to be the Copper and Insight.com Bowl, back in the day.

Saulbadguy
12-05-2008, 05:21 PM
It used to be the Copper and Insight.com Bowl, back in the day.

http://www.mmbolding.com/bowls/Copper93pro.jpg

Ari Chi3fs
12-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Sweet, in January, Ill be playing in the "Smoke-a" Bowl

Lzen
12-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Your D in general was not very good, but you were 6th in the conference in sacks (top 50 in the country). About what I would expect from the 7th placed team in the B12.'

Yeah, but I think a lot of our sacks came from blitzes, not from just straight rushes by d linemen.

Bearcat
12-06-2008, 08:01 AM
What are we playing Minnesota or somebody shit? Either way, it's the big ten so KU will blow them out....unless it's Iowa. Then it will be fun to watch.

I haven't heard any rumors or anything, but I assume it's Minnesota or Wisconsin. I'm making plans to go... can't miss this slaughter. :D