PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Bradley out for Sundays game

smittysbar
12-05-2008, 03:34 PM
ESPN - Chiefs WR Mark Bradley out Sunday vs. Broncos due to calf injury

ArrowheadHawk
12-05-2008, 03:36 PM
That sucks. Hamas should be happy. We have a bigger chance to lose.

Micjones
12-05-2008, 03:50 PM
Uh oh... Hopefully this isn't the start of another string of injuries for Bradley.
I wonder who'll get the start? Be nice if Franklin could get out there...

chiefs1111
12-05-2008, 03:57 PM
Does this mean the all pro Devard Darling gets more playing time?? Cause you know he needs to get some stats to improve his chances at the Pro Bowl

smittysbar
12-05-2008, 04:13 PM
I hope it's Franklin.......he should have went to the meetings......

Direckshun
12-05-2008, 04:15 PM
This is what Bradley gives you. He's balls-out when he's healthy, but often injured. Marry that with a coaching staff that doesn't properly condition its players in the first place and it's becoming more obvious that we need to pick up another WR or two.

CoMoChief
12-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Fuck that shit put my ass out there. I'll put some Db's on their ass.

Short Leash Hootie
12-05-2008, 04:21 PM
I like Bradley a lot but the dude can't stay healthy...which means I'm all for Crabtree in round 1 =)

Micjones
12-05-2008, 04:22 PM
This is what Bradley gives you. He's balls-out when he's healthy, but often injured. Marry that with a coaching staff that doesn't properly condition its players in the first place and it's becoming more obvious that we need to pick up another WR or two.

I was really hoping this team could avoid drafting a WR.
But with Bradley continuing to have nagging injuries and really only having one other Receiver on the roster who's still deserving of development time...we gotta do it.

Short Leash Hootie
12-05-2008, 04:25 PM
The Cardinals are pretty good with Boldin/Fitzy/Breaston...imagine us with Gonzalez/Bowe/Crabtree/Bradley...that would be a hell of an offense...if Crabtree is BPA, I'd be happy to have him.

RustShack
12-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Good thing DVD has been going to those meetings. Its time for him to excel in the Spread Pistol Offense!

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Marry that with a coaching staff that doesn't properly condition its players in the first place

Where is the evidence that the Chiefs aren't in good condition? Are they all panting and worn out by the 4th quarter?

This a fucking stupid assumption, especially after the Chiefs drove the length of the field against San Diego and the Raiders in their last possession.

Deberg_1990
12-05-2008, 04:31 PM
Im starting to see why the Bears let this guy go...

Micjones
12-05-2008, 04:33 PM
Where is the evidence that the Chiefs aren't in good condition? Are they all panting and worn out by the 4th quarter?

The mounting injuries have to point at something.
Herm's Jets had the very same problem.

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2008, 04:36 PM
The mounting injuries have to point at something.
Herm's Jets had the very same problem.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no!

What injuries? Dislocated elbows? Separated shoulders? Torn ACL's and MCL's? Are you implying that you can train to avoid those injuries? That's nonsense.

These guys aren't running out of gas in the 4th quarter. No one's dehydrated and in need of IV's on the sidelines.

Fuckin' A.

Injuries happen in football. And Bradley's been injury prone his whole career (as was Croyle).

Short Leash Hootie
12-05-2008, 04:39 PM
League minimum for a talent like Bradley? I'm ok with him missing a game or two...he's been a great acquisition regardless of what happens in the future.

Micjones
12-05-2008, 04:39 PM
No, no, no, no, no, no, no!

What injuries? Dislocated elbows? Separated shoulders? Torn ACL's and MCL's? Are you implying that you can train to avoid those injuries? That's nonsense.

These guys aren't running out of gas in the 4th quarter. No one's dehydrated and in need of IV's on the sidelines.

****in' A.

Injuries happen in football. And Bradley's been injury prone his whole career (as was Croyle).

So the fact that Herman Edwards' teams have historically been extremely injury prone isn't the slightest bit suspect in your mind?

You don't think his practice philosophy contributes to the injuries in any way?

Seems to me that Schottenheimer and Vermeil, 2 coaches who were generally harder with their players in practice, weren't injured nearly as often.

Sure-Oz
12-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Big deal if bradley is hurt....calf injury not like he broke his leg walking or something like crodie broyle

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2008, 04:45 PM
So the fact that Herman Edwards' teams have historically been extremely injury prone isn't the slightest bit suspect in your mind?

No.

Is Tony Dungy to blame for the injuries to Bob Sanders? Why can't he stay healthy? Marvin Harrison? Should I go on?

Is Belichick responsible for injuries to Tom Brady, Eric Alexander, Shawn Crable, Rodney Harrison, Laurence Mulroney, Ryan O'Callaghan, Bo Ruud, Kenny Smith, Terrence Wheatly or Tank Williams? All of those guys are on IR so that MUST BE Belichick's fault, right? And that's not to mention the 7 guys on their injury list this week.

You guys need to research and look around the league before making such ridiculous accusations.

Micjones
12-05-2008, 04:51 PM
No.

Is Tony Dungy to blame for the injuries to Bob Sanders? Why can't he stay healthy? Marvin Harrison? Should I go on?

Is Belichick responsible for injuries to Tom Brady, Eric Alexander, Shawn Crable, Rodney Harrison, Laurence Mulroney, Ryan O'Callaghan, Bo Ruud, Kenny Smith, Terrence Wheatly or Tank Williams? All of those guys are on IR so that MUST BE Belichick's fault, right? And that's not to mention the 7 guys on their injury list this week.

You guys need to research and look around the league before making such ridiculous accusations.

If I'm not mistaken those players are all injured currently, no?

Now if you those coaches have had multiple other seasons where they had multiple injuries you might have a point. I'm not making any accusations. I'm pointing out the fact that something's going on when your teams continue to struggle with tons of injuries year in and year out.

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2008, 04:53 PM
If I'm not mistaken those players are all injured currently, no?

Now if you those coaches have had multiple other seasons where they had multiple injuries you might have a point. I'm not making any accusations. I'm pointing out the fact that something's going on when your teams continue to struggle with injuries year in and year out.

All of those guys are on injured reserve and they've got 7 more on their weekly injured list.

If you look around the league, you'll find the same thing everywhere.

It's a violent sport. Injuries aren't limited to Herm Edwards' coached football teams.

Micjones
12-05-2008, 04:57 PM
All of those guys are on injured reserve and they've got 7 more on their weekly injured list.

If you look around the league, you'll find the same thing everywhere.

It's a violent sport. Injuries aren't limited to Herm Edwards' coached football teams.

Thank you Captain Obvious.

I think it's cute that you avoided the question.
Have those coaches historically had teams plagued by injuries?

I'm far from the first person who has raised this issue.
This rash of injuries has been questioned by the media and also by people who've forgotten more about football than either of us will ever know.

Herman Edwards, himself, once said that he attributed Curtis Martin's durability to his "conditioning". But he probably doesn't know anything about it either.
:rolleyes:

aturnis
12-05-2008, 04:59 PM

This a ****ing stupid assumption, especially after the Chiefs drove the length of the field against San Diego and the Raiders in their last possession.

I agree with Direck... Herm's players are often injured and always start a season slow. I'd attribute that the to short and incredibly laxed practices during training camp. We conditioned harder for a football season when I was in middle school.

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2008, 05:07 PM
I agree with Direck... Herm's players are often injured and always start a season slow. I'd attribute that the to short and incredibly laxed practices during training camp. We conditioned harder for a football season when I was in middle school.

I think you must only follow the Chiefs

Micjones
12-05-2008, 05:08 PM
I think you must only follow the Chiefs

You do realize that the same criticisms were being hurled when Edwards coached the Jets, no?

Direckshun
12-05-2008, 05:10 PM
We've had a lot of "sore muscles" and "pulled" this and strained that.

That's conditioning, and that's on us.

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2008, 05:12 PM
I think it's cute that you avoided the question.
Have those coaches historically had teams plagued by injuries?

Why don't you do a little research of your own? You made the generalization, I gave you information that directly discounts your assertion. Now you want more info? Look it up.

PS - How did Tom Brady secure his job in the first place? Oh yeah. Injury to Bledsoe.

I'm far from the first person who has raised this issue.
This rash of injuries has been questioned by the media and also by people who've forgotten more about football than either of us will ever know.

Like whom? The Kansas City media? Most of those jokers couldn't get a job at another metro paper. The only guy that had any talent left for the Washington Post. JoPo's writing more for SI now than the Star.

It's all a bunch of conspiracy theorists that have to fill their column or afternoon drive time. If you look at each NFL team, roster by roster, year by year, you'll see that significant injuries occur to every team in the league.

Herman Edwards, himself, once said that he attributed Curtis Martin's durability to his "conditioning". But he probably doesn't know anything about it either.
:rolleyes:

Some people aren't injury prone. Some are. Some people seem to aviod injuries, some don't. I'm sure that "conditioning" helps (which is an extremely broad term) but sometimes, shit happens.

Direckshun
12-05-2008, 05:18 PM
The Cardinals are pretty good with Boldin/Fitzy/Breaston...imagine us with Gonzalez/Bowe/Crabtree/Bradley...that would be a hell of an offense...if Crabtree is BPA, I'd be happy to have him.

There is no way Crabtree's the BPA unless we're drafting safely in the middle of the 1st.

Crabtree is basically going to be a glorified possession receiver, which (a.) isn't worth a top five pick, and (b.) we already have a damn good one in Bowe.

kcchiefsus
12-05-2008, 05:38 PM
There is no way Crabtree's the BPA unless we're drafting safely in the middle of the 1st.

Crabtree is basically going to be a glorified possession receiver, which (a.) isn't worth a top five pick, and (b.) we already have a damn good one in Bowe.

Why is that, because he doesn't run a 4.3? Anquan Boldin, Terrell Owens, Larry Fitzgerald, Jerry Rice, Brandon Marshall, and quite a few other top WR's ran no better than a 4.5. Are all of them just glorified possession receivers? Hell, Dwayne Bowe isn't just a possession receiver either.

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Why is that, because he doesn't run a 4.3? Anquan Boldin, Terrell Owens, Larry Fitzgerald, Jerry Rice, Brandon Marshall, and quite a few other top WR's ran no better than a 4.5. Are all of them just glorified possession receivers? Hell, Dwayne Bowe isn't just a possession receiver either.

Boldin and Marshall were 2nd round picks.

Owens was a third.

I think taking Crabtree in the top 5 would be a huge risk for a team that's rebuilding.

StcChief
12-05-2008, 05:44 PM
So Darling is listed as 2nd on depth... but will Franklin/Webb get a shot?

Micjones
12-05-2008, 06:23 PM
Why don't you do a little research of your own? You made the generalization, I gave you information that directly discounts your assertion. Now you want more info? Look it up.

PS - How did Tom Brady secure his job in the first place? Oh yeah. Injury to Bledsoe.

That was an isolated injury.
Hardly comparable to what we're seeing here in Kansas City presently.

Like whom? The Kansas City media? Most of those jokers couldn't get a job at another metro paper. The only guy that had any talent left for the Washington Post. JoPo's writing more for SI now than the Star.

This issue was raised by the New York media as well.

Some people aren't injury prone. Some are. Some people seem to aviod injuries, some don't. I'm sure that "conditioning" helps (which is an extremely broad term) but sometimes, shit happens.

So long as you acknowledge the fact that your Head Coach, himself, credits conditioning as the reason why Curtis Martin was so durable.

When you also consider the fact that Herman Edwards-coached teams are notorious slow-starters and also underperformers in the Third Quarter I think a case can be made about his preparation philosophies.

JASONSAUTO
12-05-2008, 06:28 PM
kinda off subject, but crabtree said today he was coming back while his dad said he was probably coming out? funny how parents seem to always contradict what the kids say this time of year

JuicesFlowing
12-05-2008, 06:46 PM

Exactly, but yet ... we held on to Croyle ... smart!

DaneMcCloud
12-05-2008, 07:15 PM
That was an isolated injury.
Hardly comparable to what we're seeing here in Kansas City presently.

Really? I gave you the list of the NE Patriots that are on IR. They have nearly twice as many gone for the year as the Chiefs.

Are those "isolated" as well?

This issue was raised by the New York media as well.

I'd like to see proof of this, by people other than internet Jets fans.

When you also consider the fact that Herman Edwards-coached teams are notorious slow-starters and also underperformers in the Third Quarter I think a case can be made about his preparation philosophies.

The Chiefs under Vermeil were notoriously slow starters as well. How many times were the Chiefs scored up at the beginning of the third quarter? A dozen? Half a dozen? Two dozen? It seemed like it happened every week.

They were also "slow starters", with the exception of the 2003 season when they opened 9-0.

Maybe it's the air in Kansas City? That's about as plausible as lying injuries on Herm Edwards, especially when I've provided you with facts that it happens to every other football team as well as the Chiefs.

DeezNutz
12-05-2008, 08:44 PM

Our possession receiver with 12 drops...