PDA

View Full Version : Life I am going to go tour.....

badgirl
12-05-2008, 04:45 PM
The Waverly Hills Asylum, its one of the most haunted places in the world. They have overnight tours starting in March, which I can reserve my place in Jan. I can't wait, its very scary, the history is 63,000 people died there from TB. So many people died they had to make a Body Chute to move out all the bodies. It says you can take a camcorder and people have picked up ghosts on their videos. One ghost seems to be a nurse who used to work there.

Has anyone on here ever been there? It is in Louisville, KY

badgirl
12-05-2008, 04:48 PM
http://www.therealwaverlyhills.com/home.htm

Here is the link

Rooster
12-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Looks like fun. I went and toured the Crescent Hotel in Eureka Springs, AR. Similar haunted story line. I didn't see any ghosts though. Happy hunting.

burt
12-05-2008, 04:55 PM
No way I get scared on purpose....If I want to be scared, I just let the Mrs. drive....

Fish
12-05-2008, 04:56 PM
$100 per night to find out there's no such thing as ghosts?

stumppy
12-05-2008, 04:57 PM
ROFL

How scary can a place be when you're touring it with a group of people and a tour guide ?

" On the left you'll be viewing the Asylum cafeteria. Where it's rumored that that some of the bodies were disposed of by chopping them and using them to stretch the kitchens budget. Coming up we'll be viewing an actual room with all it's original furnishings as it appeared during the TB epidemic. Aaaaaannnndddd we're moving"

Dartgod
12-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Cool. I would love to do that. Saw them investigate it on Ghost Hunters...pretty creepy.

badgirl
12-05-2008, 04:59 PM
ROFL

How scary can a place be when you're touring it with a group of people and a tour guide ?

" On the left you'll be viewing the Asylum cafeteria. Where it's rumored that that some of the bodies were disposed of by chopping them and using them to stretch the kitchens budget. Coming up we'll be viewing an actual room with all it's original furnishings as it appeared during the TB epidemic. Aaaaaannnndddd we're moving"

Excuse me, but there have been ghosts recorded.

Plus it doesn't matter how many people are there at one time, if there are any paranormal happenings in there at say 3am they will not be picky.

Buck
12-05-2008, 05:00 PM
63,000???

Shit thats a ton of people.

badgirl
Cool. I would love to do that. Saw them investigate it on Ghost Hunters...pretty creepy.

ok meet me there in March.:D

badgirl
63,000???

Shit thats a ton of people.

yep thats a whole town.

Buck
12-05-2008, 05:03 PM
yep thats a whole town.

Legend
The estimated death toll at Waverly Hills is about 63,000.
Additional Facts
Evidence has suggested that the worst single year total of deaths at Waverly was 152, which would make the overall death count considerably less than the legend. (7,752 being the highest possible total for the 51 years of operation)
This information was found in the autobiography of Assistant Medical Director Dr. J. Frank W. Stewart, who states that the worst time for deaths was at the end of the Second World War when troops were returning from overseas with very advanced tuberculosis cases.[19] This information was then double checked against death certificates for the time frame in question and it was found that 162 people died at Waverly in 1945, which would make the highest possible total 8,212. The 152 quote seems to be a simple typographical error. This and other factual and documented information can be found at an online database where information is being compiled for genealogists.[14]This site is also affiliated with the Waverly Hills memorial site. [15]

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waverly_Hills_Sanatorium

Ari Chi3fs
12-05-2008, 05:04 PM
I would shit my pants, literally.... wife loves this shit, so may do it for her.

But would be freaky.... I think I would bring ear plugs and a sleep mask to sleep. heh.

Skip Towne
12-05-2008, 05:05 PM
That place doesn't sound as scary as underwater hurricanes. Those are scary.

badgirl
12-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Legend
Additional Facts
Evidence has suggested that the worst single year total of deaths at Waverly was 152, which would make the overall death count considerably less than the legend. (7,752 being the highest possible total for the 51 years of operation)
This information was found in the autobiography of Assistant Medical Director Dr. J. Frank W. Stewart, who states that the worst time for deaths was at the end of the Second World War when troops were returning from overseas with very advanced tuberculosis cases.[19] This information was then double checked against death certificates for the time frame in question and it was found that 162 people died at Waverly in 1945, which would make the highest possible total 8,212. The 152 quote seems to be a simple typographical error. This and other factual and documented information can be found at an online database where information is being compiled for genealogists.[14]This site is also affiliated with the Waverly Hills memorial site. [15]

Well 63,000 or 8,000 its still enough, but how can the official site claim 63,000. That would be false advertising. It seems they wouldn't be allowed to do that.

badgirl
12-05-2008, 05:07 PM
That place doesn't sound as scary as underwater hurricanes. Those are scary.

ROFL Oh Oh your funny.

|Zach|
12-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Well 63,000 or 8,000 its still enough, but how can the official site claim 63,000. That would be false advertising. It seems they wouldn't be allowed to do that.

Who would stop them?

DaFace
12-05-2008, 05:09 PM
Legend
Additional Facts

Maybe TB patients are like cats and they counted their lives nine times.

badgirl
12-05-2008, 05:09 PM
Who would stop them?

Just seems if they advertise and have tours they would not be allowed to make false claims, its a business in a way just as any other business.

Damn it, lets quit taking all the fun out of it. I want to be scared while I am there not be thinking of all these facts.

StcChief
12-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Just seems if they advertise and have tours they would not be allowed to make false claims, its a business in a way just as any other business.

Damn it, lets quit taking all the fun out of it. I want to be scared while I am there not be thinking of all these facts.they probably have ways to make noises to get you "in the scared" mood....

badgirl
12-05-2008, 05:33 PM
they probably have ways to make noises to get you "in the scared" mood....

I just looked at the other link and I really do beleive it is haunted, it even talks about room 502 where a nurse committed sucide. It says the most activity happens in room 502 and the 5th floor and rooftop where the kids playground was located.

Rain Man
12-05-2008, 05:48 PM

I did a little more research, and it turns out that no one died, but one patient got a really bad case of food poisoning once.

JuicesFlowing
12-05-2008, 05:57 PM
I saw that place on one of those television programs about most haunted places in the US. Looks pretty weird.

Dave Lane
12-05-2008, 06:01 PM
yep thats a whole town.

Thats like the whole population of Topeka! I'd go to but Badgirl would probably try to take advantage of me...

Buck
12-05-2008, 06:02 PM
I did a little more research, and it turns out that no one died, but one patient got a really bad case of food poisoning once.

ROFL

badgirl
12-05-2008, 06:07 PM
Thats like the whole population of Topeka! I'd go to but Badgirl would probably try to take advantage of me...

You would be right in that assumption:D

Dave Lane
12-05-2008, 06:32 PM
You would be right in that assumption:D

I was trying to think what I could do to keep you in check and I thought restraints? Yeah maybe like handcuffs and then I thought Oy!

luv
12-05-2008, 06:33 PM
I was trying to think what I could do to keep you in check and I thought restraints? Yeah maybe like handcuffs and then I thought Oy!

Don't forget to leave room for the ghost.

PinkFloyd
12-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Yes; twice... Once not to soon after the guys from Ghost Hunters - the show on tv - were there... Second time was in May I believe of one year...

First time was nothing much, but the second time convinced me not too go back again... You will have a blast... I encourage you to go at least twice... Happy hunting...

Darth CarlSatan
12-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Looks like fun. I went and toured the Crescent Hotel in Eureka Springs, AR. Similar haunted story line. I didn't see any ghosts though. Happy hunting.

I haven't been to the Crescent since Clinton first took Office. That used to a great, funky little town.

My folks said the right-wingers have fucked it all to hell now though.

Darth CarlSatan
12-05-2008, 08:15 PM
STULL!!!!

Pack your Urge Overkill CD, and HIT THE ROAD!:evil:

badgirl
12-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Don't forget to leave room for the ghost.

Just what the hell does that mean, now if you were there room may be a problem.

I think I know what your problem is Luv, your so damn ugly and overweight the only place you can get attention from a man is on the internet, so when another female gets some attention you get jealous. I am sure you have problems in real life having someone, but don't take it out on me. I feel sorry for you,

badgirl
12-05-2008, 08:28 PM
Yes; twice... Once not to soon after the guys from Ghost Hunters - the show on tv - were there... Second time was in May I believe of one year...

First time was nothing much, but the second time convinced me not too go back again... You will have a blast... I encourage you to go at least twice... Happy hunting...

The second time? What happened that convinced you not to go back. did anything scary happen to you personally?

Skip Towne
12-05-2008, 08:28 PM

Ouch!!

badgirl
12-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Ouch!!

It may be just the beginning:D

Skip Towne
12-05-2008, 08:37 PM
It may be just the beginning:D

Cat Fight?

Sure-Oz
12-05-2008, 08:39 PM
I would shit my pants, literally.... wife loves this shit, so may do it for her.

But would be freaky.... I think I would bring ear plugs and a sleep mask to sleep. heh.

My gf is all about that Ghost Hunters show, yet she refuses to go to a fake haunted house cause its "scary", wtf...

I would try it just once

badgirl
12-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Cat Fight?

I'm sick of her. she is just jealous of someone who doesn't have to go into the plus sizes in the store to pick out cloths. We joined the about the same time and she has almost 30 thousand posts which shows she has no personal life what so ever, but hey thats not my fault that she can't pull herself away from the dinner table. she is pathetic

Sure-Oz
12-05-2008, 08:44 PM

I think I know what your problem is Luv, your so damn ugly and overweight the only place you can get attention from a man is on the internet, so when another female gets some attention you get jealous. I am sure you have problems in real life having someone, but don't take it out on me. I feel sorry for you,

Holy shit :popcorn:

Sure-Oz
12-05-2008, 08:45 PM
I'm sick of her. she is just jealous of someone who doesn't have to go into the plus sizes in the store to pick out cloths. We joined the about the same time and she has almost 30 thousand posts which shows she has no personal life what so ever, but hey thats not my fault that she can't pull herself away from the dinner table. she is pathetic

Damn........

I have a life and over 20k posts :evil:

badgirl
12-05-2008, 08:53 PM
Damn........

I have a life and over 20k posts :evil:

You been on here a LOT longer than her, she joined in 04 the same year as me, and she still has more posts than you and you been on here 3 years longer.

Sure-Oz
12-05-2008, 10:54 PM
You been on here a LOT longer than her, she joined in 04 the same year as me, and she still has more posts than you and you been on here 3 years longer.

Very true, i didnt become a post whore esp during the offseason until 2 years ago

luv
12-05-2008, 10:57 PM

Why the fuck do you keep going psycho on me? I didn't mean anything by it. It's supposedly a haunted place. Nothing like a threesome with a ghost. You keep trying to pick fights with me for some odd reason. I'm not biting.

luv
12-05-2008, 11:01 PM

What the fuck? I can't pull myself away from the table? How in the world do you think I got so many posts? I'm not talented enough to eat and type at the same time. And to think I tried to empathize with you on your back situation. I'm pathetic? I don't go off on people for no apparent reason.

bishop_74
12-05-2008, 11:02 PM
Wow... I wanted to add my 2 cents, but this turned ugly.

Dave Lane
12-06-2008, 12:15 AM
You two chill out! Theres plenty to go around. I could wear the both of you out anyway even if you throw in the ghost and really I'd prefer a female ghost and all...

luv
12-06-2008, 12:26 AM
You two chill out! Theres plenty to go around. I could wear the both of you out anyway even if you throw in the ghost and really I'd prefer a female ghost and all...

Sorry, I'll be too busy stuffing my fat face and posting on the Planet to join you. :)

Dave Lane
12-06-2008, 12:37 AM
Sorry, I'll be too busy stuffing my fat face and posting on the Planet to join you. :)

Well just my luck but let me say you might like Italian sausage. Pretty good stuff. :)

Ari Chi3fs
12-06-2008, 12:43 AM
Im typing and eating doritos.

Saulbadguy
12-06-2008, 12:57 AM
Hmm...

philfree
12-06-2008, 01:52 AM
I've been monitoring this thread and I don't understand the confict that's going on between badgirl and luv. I sincerely hope I'm not to far out of line if I e-mail Oprah and have her send each of you a Jackrabbit.

PhilFree:arrow:

luv
12-06-2008, 01:54 AM
I've been monitoring this thread and I don't understand the confict that's going on between badgirl and luv. I sincerely hope I'm not to far out of line if I e-mail Oprah and have her send each of you a Jackrabbit.

I don't understand it either, but I'll still take the Jackrabbit.

philfree
12-06-2008, 01:59 AM
I don't understand it either, but I'll still take the Jackrabbit.

Ah...a since of humor. How refreshing! There's no extra charge for a hand delivery either.......I just made myself.......

blush!

Ultra Peanut
12-06-2008, 02:35 AM
I still can't believe they future endeavored Burke. It had to be because of Ghost Hunters.

http://i38.tinypic.com/n3kqpx.gif

Ebolapox
12-06-2008, 02:37 AM
I still can't believe they future endeavored Burke. It had to be because of Ghost Hunters.

http://i38.tinypic.com/n3kqpx.gif

ROFL

what the fuck?!? the best part is the jiggling beads in the hair and frantic running away.

|Zach|
12-06-2008, 02:44 AM

Luv is jealous of whom?

You have created quite a pedestal for yourself. Aren't you the one who drove some guy to live in a friggen van across the country?

Ultra Peanut
12-06-2008, 02:51 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1aNa_x5Zu4U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1aNa_x5Zu4U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Elijah Burke is seriously awesome (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VAWYFOV2Z4&feature=related). Here, watch him spit blood on CM Punk:

http://i35.tinypic.com/sfi9ud.gif

badgirl
12-06-2008, 04:30 AM
Luv is jealous of whom?

You have created quite a pedestal for yourself. Aren't you the one who drove some guy to live in a friggen van across the country?

Lets just drop it, I wanna talk about this place I found thats what my thread was started for.

It took a wrong turn by me I am afraid.

badgirl
12-06-2008, 04:32 AM
Wow... I wanted to add my 2 cents, but this turned ugly.

Please go on.

headsnap
12-06-2008, 07:49 AM
When you go, look out for the mountain bikers on the trails around the place, you might see me. Waverly park has some of the best MTB trails around Louisville.

Also, before you go, rent Death Tunnel, the crappy movie that was filmed there. My band's music is featured in the flick.

the trailer with Disconnected by 9voltRevolt(me on guitar):
<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GEYhcdtaS90&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

another one with a remix of the song. I really liked the remix, but we never got a copy of it:
<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BQerbN-uqsY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

Bearcat
12-06-2008, 08:51 AM
Excuse me, but there have been ghosts recorded.

lol

Saulbadguy
12-06-2008, 10:14 AM
lol

Amazing, isn't it?

Bearcat
12-06-2008, 10:24 AM
Amazing, isn't it?

Well, the last time I spent $100+ on a hotel room, it was a Holiday Inn in Kalamazoo, MI, and it was awful... all I wanted was a decent meal and sleep, and the food sucked & my room overlooked some play area with kids screaming until 1am.

So, I guess spending that much to spend the night waiting for your mind to play tricks on you isn't much worse, considering you get to go on a tour and see a tunnel.

smittysbar
12-06-2008, 02:08 PM

HOLY SHIT :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

smittysbar
12-06-2008, 02:38 PM
That place is pretty cool. Can't get over how big it is. Have fun

kstater
12-06-2008, 02:50 PM

ROFL

Calcountry
12-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Lets just drop it, I wanna talk about this place I found thats what my thread was started for.

It took a wrong turn by me I am afraid.I thought you wanted to compare post size, my bad.

Bearcat
12-06-2008, 04:03 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=40968&stc=1

Not that it has to do with anything, but this sig has really stood the test of time... it's a true Chiefsplanet classic. I remember the original hype, but don't remember what she was originally wearing. I'm glad she's still around.

Ebolapox
12-06-2008, 04:14 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=40968&stc=1

Not that it has to do with anything, but this sig has really stood the test of time... it's a true Chiefsplanet classic. I remember the original hype, but don't remember what she was originally wearing. I'm glad she's still around.

this.

I could stare at that sig for hours, which is the main reason I have sigs turned off.

Bearcat
12-06-2008, 04:16 PM
this.

I could stare at that sig for hours, which is the main reason I have sigs turned off.

:)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=40968&stc=1http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=40968&stc=1http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=40968&stc=1http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=40968&stc=1http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=40968&stc=1http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=40968&stc=1
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=40968&stc=1http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=40968&stc=1http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=40968&stc=1http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=40968&stc=1http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=40968&stc=1http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=40968&stc=1

Ebolapox
12-06-2008, 07:06 PM
:)

not to put too fine a spin to the best post in the history of the internet and best thing ever, but look at the bottom of her panties. it looks like her clit is moving just a tiny bit. that's either a large clit or a tiny dick. what the fuck, why did you have to enlarge that and post it? you fucked it up, bearcat!