PDA

View Full Version : Football ***The Official Conference Championship Game Thread***

Coach
12-05-2008, 04:48 PM
With a side of UCLA-USC game, and IIRC, the Navy/Army game.

I will be attending the OU/MU game at Arrowhead in a very luxury skybox with the "big dogs" as my wife's father said.

StcChief
12-05-2008, 06:17 PM
good deal. as MU get's slaughtered....

but hangin' with Big Dogs who knows who you may meet and need as a connection later in this economy.... Enjoy... behave.

luv
12-05-2008, 06:18 PM
No way does MU/OU share a thread with other games.

ChiefsCountry
12-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Tulsa/ECU will be a darn good one in CUSA.

DaKCMan AP
12-05-2008, 06:21 PM
No way does MU/OU share a thread with other games.

I agree. Florida/Bama is a much better and more important game. :D

KChiefs1
12-05-2008, 08:14 PM
http://www.gbnreport.com/gameoftheweek.htm

Championship Weekend; December 5-6, 2008

MAC Championship; Ball State (12-0) versus Buffalo (7-5); 8 PM ET Friday; Detroit; ESPN2... Ball State was one of three non-BCS programs to go unbeaten this fall, but unlike Utah and Boise State, the other two non-BCS teams with unblemished records this season, the BSU Cardinals never received much national attention. To bad, because Ball State actually has its share of intriguing prospects for the NFL draft. Junior QB Nate Davis (#, the MAC Offensive Player of the Year this season, for example, is one of the most efficient passers in the country, although he likely lacks the pure arm strength and prototype mechanics to rate as an elite prospect. Still, Davis completed 67% of his pass attempts this fall for over 3,000 yards and 25 TDs against just 6 interceptions and showed great leadership intangibles along the way. Davis also gets plenty of support from emerging junior scatback MiQuele Lewis (#33, 5-6, 185) who ran for over 1,600 yards this season and big-play TE Darius Hill (#88, 6-5, 240) who averaged almost 17 yards per catch this season. The Cardinals‘ offense also features on of the better bookend OT combinations in the nation in Robert Brewster (#71, 6-4, 310) and Andre Ramsey (79, 6-4, 305). The Cardinals aren’t as talented on the other side of the ball, but do have several decent ate round/free agent type prospects in CBs B.J. Hill (#3, 5-7, 180), who doubles as an electrifying punt returner, Trey Lewis (#12, 5-11, 190) and Trey Buice (#8, 5-9, 175), along with OLB Bryant Haines (#49, 6-4, 225). In the end, though, Ball State’s best prospect could be P Chris Miller (#35, 6-2, 210), who didn’t get all that much work this fall, but has as strong a leg as any kicker in the country.
Buffalo lacks the overall depth of Ball State, however, the Bulls have as many as three of the best players in college football nobody other than pro scouts has either seen or even heard of. QB Drew Willy (#16, 6-2, 210), for example, is another very efficient passer who figures to be something of a sleeper at the draft, while juniors James Starks (#19, 6-1, 210), the NCAA’s 6th leading rusher this fall with over 1,200 yards on the ground, WR Naaman Roosevelt (#18, 5-10, 185) who also finished in the top ten D1A receivers with 86 receptions. Meanwhile, fellow WR Ernest Jackson (#21, 6-1, 215), along with OT Ray Norell (#70, 6-5, 300) and OG Jeff Neidemier (#75, 6-2, 310) should get some free agent attention if they aren’t selected in the late rounds.

ACC Championship; Boston College (9-3) vs. Virginia Tech (9-3); 1 PM ET Saturday; Tampa; ABC… Suppose they scheduled the ACC Championship and a Big East game broke! Indeed, Saturday’s ACC title match-up between Boston College and Virginia Tech features two of the three teams that migrated over from the Big East a few years back. Ironically, there’s no sign of Miami, the third former Big East team to move to the ACC and the one the conference really wanted team in Tampa, Indeed, for a while it appeared that nobody really wanted to be in the ACC championship game and the BC-Va Tech pales in comparison to today’s other major conference games. Still, there’s plenty of reason to watch, especially if one is interested in physical. Boston College, for example, has one of the toughest defensive front sevens in the country anchored by massive DTs B.J. Raji (#90, 6-1, 325), a first-day prospect for the 2009 draft, and Ron Brace (#60, 6-3, 325), while emerging junior OLB Mark Herzlich (#94, 6-3, 230), who had 98 tackles and 6 interceptions this fall, leads a very active LB crew which also includes junior MLB Mike McLaughlin (#34, 6-0, 250) and WLB Robert Francois (#35, 6-2, 255). Meanwhile, TE Ryan Purvis (#80, 6-4, 260) is one of the better two-way prospects at the position, while OG Clif Ramsey (#73, 6-5, 305) is a late bloomer on the offensive line.
Despite graduating 8 players selected at the 2008 draft, Virginia Tech is back in the ACC title game, however, the Hokies aren’t quite as talented this year. Veteran CB Victor Macho’ Harris, though, is as productive as any corner in the country, although he may lack the extra gear to rate as a elite prospect, while DE Orion Martin (#90, 6-2, 255) is a decent edge rusher. The Hokies’ best prospect this coming April, though, could be junior OG Sergio Render (#70, 6-3, 325) if he decides to leave school early.

SEC Championship; Alabama vs. Florida; 4 PM ET Saturday; Atlanta; CBS… The game of the week features the unbeaten and #1 rated Crimson Tide against the once-beaten Gators with a pretty much automatic bid to the BCS title game on the line. While Alabama comes in as the top-rated team in the country, Florida is actually the favorite, if not the heavy favorite with a lineup loaded with speed. Pro scouts, though, will be using the SEC title game to further try and figure out whether Gators’ QB Tim Tebow (#15, 6-3, 222), who is in the running to win his second straight Heisman Trophy, is a true potential elite QB prospect or just a great athlete playing QB. Tebow, in act, is just one of a number of Florida juniors including WR Percy Harvin (#1, 5-10, 180), MLB Brandon Spikes (#51, 6-2, 245) and DE Jermaine Cunningham (#49, 6-3, 245) with at least first-day potential for the upcoming draft should any decide to school early. Harvin, though, who has often hasn’t been healthy in his Florida career and will be a game time decision on Saturday. Meanwhile, Florida’s best, and maybe only top senior prospect for the upcoming draft is speedy WR Louis Murphy (#9, 6-0, 195). Florida’s best prospect, though, could be sophomore DE Carlos Dunlap (#8, 6-5, 290). In the end, though, the best prospect on the field on Saturday for the 2009 draft could ultimately be Alabama junior OT Andre Smith (#71, 6-5, 340) who has outstanding athleticism for someone that size. Meanwhile, Saturday’s game will also be a test for emerging Alabama junior DT Terrence ’Mount’ Cody (#62, 6-4, 365), a mountainous - he’s listed at 365 but could actually weigh as much as 385 pounds - junior college transfer who has been almost unblockable through the regular season. Meanwhile, Smith anchors a very good offensive line that also features C Antoine Caldwell (#59, 6-3, 295), while QB John Wilson Parker (#14, 6-2, 215) is a very efficient college QB. The Tide, though, prefer to the run the ball with junior Glen Coffee (#38, 6-0, 200) and fresman Mark Ingram (#22, 5-9, 215) carrying the mail. Also keep an eye on Alabama freshman WR Julio Jones (#8, 6-3, 210) and sophomore MLB Rolando McClain (#25, 6-3, 250), while junior CB Jaiver Arenas (#28, 5-9, 195) is one of the most dangerous punt returners in the country.

Big XII Championship; Oklahoma vs. Missouri; 8 PM ET Saturday; Kansas City; ABC… Whether Oklahoma or Texas or even Texas Tech should actually be representing the Big XII South is one of those great endless - and ultimately useless - debates that has added a lot of spice to what looks to be a potential blow out as the #3 rated Sooners look to cement a spot in the BCS title game against 9-3 Missouri. No question, though, that Oklahoma redshirt sophomore QB Sam Bradford (#14, 6-4, 220) of Oklahoma is arguably the best player at the position in college football and could ultimately be the top pick at the 2009 draft if he opts to leave school early. Bradford, though, is Oklahoma’s only top prospect; indeed, whether Bradfod comes out this winter or not, the Sooners should be one of the major players at the 2009 draft starting with a huge, experienced offensive line anchored by OT Phil Loadholt (#79, 6-7, 340) and OG Duke Robinson (#72, 6-4, 340), a pair of legitimate first round prospects for the upcoming draft. Both are massive road graders, although Loadholt may lack the agility to play LT at the next level; indeed, Robinson, who has great feet and a solid work ethic, may ultimately be the better prospect. The Sooners also have plenty of talent at the skill positions including emerging junior TE Jermaine Gresham (#18, 6-5, 265), a huge target with WR speed and quickness. Gresham combines with veteran WRs Manuel Johnson (#1, 5-11, 185) and Juaquin Iglesias (#9, 5-11, 205) to give the Sooners a true big-play receiver corps. On the other side of the ball, Oklahoma is led by physical SS Nic Harris (#5, 6-2, 230) yet another big man who can run, along with an emerging pass-rush star in junior DE Auston English (#33, 6-2, 255) and a pair of rugged DTs in junior DeMarcus Granger (#96, 6-2, 305) and sophomore Gerald McCoy (#93, 6-3, 295). Missouri will be looking to avenge last year's two losses - the Tigers’ only blemishes in an otheriwse fairy-tale season in 2007 - to Oklahoma. If the Tigers are to stay with the Sooners they will need a big agme from ultra-productive QB Chase Daniel (#10, 6-0, 225), who may lack the size and arm strength to be a top draft pick, but has been as any QB in the country thte past few years. Daniel also has a couple of outstanding receivers in draft-eligible super sophomore WR Jeremy Maclin (#9, 6-0, 200) and TE Chase Coffman (#45, 6-5, 245), who has the potential to be one of the first TEs off the board at the 2009 draft. The Tigers’ best overall prospect for the upcoming draft, though, could be FS William Moore (#1, 6-0, 230) who hits like a LB, but still has CB speed and quickness. Meanwhile, other Tigers that NFL personnel will be looking at include OT Colin Brown (#61, 6-7, 325), DT Ziggy Hood (#94, 6-3, 295), DE Stryker Sulak (#38, 6-4, 250), LB Brock Christopher (#34, 6-1, 235), safety Justin Garrett (#8, 6-1, 200), and PK Jeff Wolhert (#99, 6-2, 185).

Frazod
12-05-2008, 08:47 PM
I agree. Florida/Bama is a much better and more important game. :D

This is about the time of year that you really get on everybody's last nerve. I hope Alabama wins by three touchdowns. :grr:

DaKCMan AP
12-05-2008, 08:50 PM
This is about the time of year that you really get on everybody's last nerve. I hope Alabama wins by three touchdowns. :grr:

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

:D

Coach
12-05-2008, 09:26 PM
In all seriousness, what does Missouri do need to do in order to give themselves a chance to win tomorrow's game?

And don't give me the "needs to play better defense" as it's the obvious.

BWillie
12-05-2008, 09:27 PM
If anybody knows where a cheap place to get Big 12 championship tickets are let me know. Not looking to pay much over 25 a ticket

DaKCMan AP
12-05-2008, 09:29 PM
In all seriousness, what does Missouri do need to do in order to give themselves a chance to win tomorrow's game?

Not turn the ball over.

Skip Towne
12-05-2008, 09:29 PM

Pray a lot.

Coach
12-05-2008, 09:30 PM
Not turn the ball over.

That's one thing I agree on. I also think that, while Missouri can/is capable of striking quick, I think they need to do more like 11-12-13 play drives which takes up alot of the clock time to keep OU's Offense off the field, and wear down their defense.

BWillie
12-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Missouri is going to lose by 3 TD's and I want to be there to see it.

Skip Towne
12-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Keep OU's defense off of Daniels. He is a scattergun under pressure.

Frazod
12-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Missouri is going to lose by 3 TD's and I want to be there to see it.

What time does Kansas play?

Oh yeah, same time as last year.

Skip Towne
12-05-2008, 10:10 PM
Lou Holtz said MU's pass defense is 116th in the nation. That is like hanging red meat in front of a hungry lion.

Tiger's Fan
12-05-2008, 10:15 PM

1 pm vs. Jackson State.

blaise
12-05-2008, 10:57 PM
The UB frigging Bulls beat Ball State. Suck on that Whitlock. I went to Buffalo. It was nice to have this year even though Turner Gill will probably be somewhere wlese next year.

beavis
12-05-2008, 11:11 PM
I hope KU enjoys their bye.

Bearcat
12-05-2008, 11:14 PM

On one hand, I'd say they need to be able to respond early... OU has typically stomped on the throats of their opponents in the first quarter. OTOH, Mizzou's problem in the past is letting teams back into the game in the 4th quarter..... :hmmm: So, for starters, I guess playing 4 quarters is important. ;)

Really though... I think it is important not to get down early, not turn the ball over, etc. Basic rules of being an underdog.

With parity the way it is in CFB, it wouldn't baffle me if Mizzou won.

Sometime on New Year's Eve. :) And we're getting a Big 11 team, so you know that'll end well for the Jayhawks. :D

Bearcat
12-05-2008, 11:16 PM
I hope KU enjoys their bye.

They won't lose tomorrow. :shrug:

Seriously though, good luck with that. If Mizzou wins, BCS hilarity will ensue, and I wouldn't mind seeing some of that....

KcMizzou
12-05-2008, 11:25 PM
I'll be at Arrowhead rooting for my Tigers.

It'll be a tall hill to climb, but stranger things have happened.

This Mizzou team is frustrated... a little pissed off out how things have turned out. If they did, in fact look past KU... that loss only served to drive the point home. It's now or never. It's time to go balls out...

This might be the best group of seniors Mizzou's ever had. Beating OU would salvage their legacy.

I sincerely hope that the team isn't as down as most of the Mizzou fans are.

We aint dead just yet.

luv
12-05-2008, 11:27 PM
They won't lose tomorrow. :shrug:

Seriously though, good luck with that. If Mizzou wins, BCS hilarity will ensue, and I wouldn't mind seeing some of that....

Our D needs to decide to show up.

KcMizzou
12-05-2008, 11:30 PM
Our D needs to decide to show up.That, and 2-3 turnovers... break Maclin lose a few times...

We're gonna need some magic. But hell, it happens all the time. Why can't it be our turn for once?

Skip Towne
12-05-2008, 11:35 PM

This Mizzou team is frustrated... a little pissed off out how things have turned out. If they did, in fact look past KU... that loss only served to drive the point home. It's now or never. It's time to go balls out...

This might be the best group of seniors Mizzou's ever had. Beating OU would salvage their legacy.

We aint dead just yet.

You're feeling now how we felt before last weekend. We were 16 point underdogs and nobody gave us a chance. Then the snow and shitty weather showed up and we got our miracle. The same could happen to you. That's why they play them.

KcMizzou
12-05-2008, 11:38 PM
You're feeling now how we felt before last weekend. We were 16 point underdogs and nobody gave us a chance. Then the snow and shitty weather showed up and we got our miracle. The same could happen to you. That's why they play them.I figure that's the nicest thing you've ever said to a MUron before a game.

Thank you.

luv
12-05-2008, 11:40 PM
You're feeling now how we felt before last weekend. We were 16 point underdogs and nobody gave us a chance. Then the snow and shitty weather showed up and we got our miracle. The same could happen to you. That's why they play them.

You know you'll be rooting for MU tomorrow. Admit it. It's okay. :p

KcMizzou
12-05-2008, 11:41 PM
You know you'll be rooting for MU tomorrow. Admit it. It's okay. :pWhoa, whoa... don't spook him. Baby steps.

:D

Ebolapox
12-05-2008, 11:42 PM

We aint dead just yet.

after all the shit that happened this year (and in a fucked up way, it's nice being 'dissapointed' in a season like this one. shows you how far we've come in the last, oh, five years), it would be the sweetest way EVER to get into a bcs bowl.

Bearcat
12-05-2008, 11:45 PM

We aint dead just yet.

Yeah, that must have really sucked, losing to Kansas after already so much disappointment. How can't the players be as down as the fans? I'd certainly be questioning my existence every time I stepped onto the field.

~ Just making up for Skip. WTH, man?

:p

luv
12-05-2008, 11:50 PM
Yeah, that must have really sucked, losing to Kansas after already so much disappointment. How can't the players be as down as the fans? I'd certainly be questioning my existence every time I stepped onto the field.

:p

I was going to bring up the fact that KU beat MU quite unexpectedly last week, but I didn't think it would come across well coming from an MU fan.

KcMizzou
12-05-2008, 11:50 PM

:pIt's much easier to be nice after a win. Human nature. He's got braggin' rights. :grr:

Edit: That said... I appreciate it. That's a version of Skip I've never seen before, nor likely will again. :)

Skip Towne
12-06-2008, 12:06 AM
You know you'll be rooting for MU tomorrow. Admit it. It's okay. :p

Not a chance. Then i'd have to listen to the MUrons for another year. This past year has been bad enough.

Priest31kc
12-06-2008, 01:32 AM
I'll be there cheering on my Tigers in the freezing cold. I can't wait. And anything can happen!!! We're gunna need a few TO's and score a TD after each one. We're gunna need J-Mac to have a big night in STs. And we CANT turn the ball over. No fumbles, no dropped balls. I think we will play alot better than last week, and there will be no precipitation like last week. We're gunna have to play our best game of the season, and the defense will have to play it's ass off. I'm not gunna predict a win but it could happen.

88TG88
12-06-2008, 01:51 AM
USC

/thread

luv
12-06-2008, 02:05 AM
I'll be there cheering on my Tigers in the freezing cold. I can't wait. And anything can happen!!! We're gunna need a few TO's and score a TD after each one. We're gunna need J-Mac to have a big night in STs. And we CANT turn the ball over. No fumbles, no dropped balls. I think we will play alot better than last week, and there will be no precipitation like last week. We're gunna have to play our best game of the season, and the defense will have to play it's ass off. I'm not gunna predict a win but it could happen.

Is it supposed to be as bad as last week? Bundle up!

KcMizzou
12-06-2008, 02:08 AM
Is it supposed to be as bad as last week? Bundle up!It'll be cold... that's no problem. Cold and wet kinda sucked.

Not that it bothered me a bit at the time.

KcMizzou
12-06-2008, 02:09 AM
I'll be there cheering on my Tigers in the freezing cold. I can't wait. And anything can happen!!! We're gunna need a few TO's and score a TD after each one. We're gunna need J-Mac to have a big night in STs. And we CANT turn the ball over. No fumbles, no dropped balls. I think we will play alot better than last week, and there will be no precipitation like last week. We're gunna have to play our best game of the season, and the defense will have to play it's ass off. I'm not gunna predict a win but it could happen.Right on, man. Scream your ass off, when they're on D.

luv
12-06-2008, 02:10 AM
Where are you all sitting?

Ebolapox
12-06-2008, 02:13 AM

on my couch (BADUM BUM CHING)

KcMizzou
12-06-2008, 02:24 AM
Where are you all sitting?I honestly don't know. In the "club" level.

I hope they don't get pissy when we stand or cheer.

luv
12-06-2008, 02:25 AM
on my couch (BADUM BUM CHING)

Not sure if I'll be here or over at dad's to watch it. I really need to find friends who like sports. I go out with my girlfriends, and I have to explain everything to them. They always wind up losing interest, so I've gotten to where I never bring it up. The guys I know either don't like the Chiefs, or they're basketball fans. Anyway, I may make a friend of mine sit through it with me, even though she hates football.

luv
12-06-2008, 02:27 AM
I honestly don't know. In the "club" level.

I hope they don't get pissy when we stand or cheer.

Club level, huh? Practicing your golf clap? :p

KcMizzou
12-06-2008, 02:40 AM
Club level, huh? Practicing your golf clap? :pI dunno, I'm planning on business as usual.

Hopefully that doesn't get us kicked out.

And hell, hopefully there's a lot to cheer about.

Priest31kc
12-06-2008, 03:11 AM
45 yard line in the upper deck, Sec 323 Row 18 is where I am sitting

58-4ever
12-06-2008, 07:14 AM
Man, the spread has moved from 13 to 17. I still think OU will cover.

blaise
12-06-2008, 09:13 AM
I don't know, I'd be afraid of a back door cover at 17.

luv
12-06-2008, 09:44 AM
I am so looking forward to the game tonight.

Bearcat
12-06-2008, 10:08 AM
I am so looking forward to the game tonight.

It'll be hard for them to fall out of the top 25, but after tonight they probably should. :evil:

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-06-2008, 10:41 AM

fhttp://i35.tinypic.com/4sy7o1.gif

chiefs1okie
12-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Poor Texas fans just can't let it go. According to Yahoo, there will be another flyover tonight at Arrowhead with a trailing banner that will read "BeatbyTexasBowl"

Bearcat
12-06-2008, 10:47 AM
Poor Texas fans just can't let it go. According to Yahoo, there will be another flyover tonight at Arrowhead with a trailing banner that will read "BeatbyTexasBowl"

Well, the game hasn't even been played, so it's not like they're venting a year later... I think any group of fans would have a hard time understanding how their team isn't in the conference championship game despite having the same record and the head-to-head victory.

I assume Texas would get the last laugh if OU loses tonight, but it would be interesting if Alabama lost a close game against UF and OU lost big... I wonder if Alabama would fall below Texas, or if Alabama and UF could actually play in the NC game. :hmmm:

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-06-2008, 10:54 AM
If Alabama and OU lose, Florida and Texas will play for the title.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-06-2008, 11:02 AM
And, if Missouri wants to beat Oklahoma:

They need to run a much more stripped down version of their running game. It needs to be quicker hitting with far fewer delays on the initial read. Instead of running primarily zone reads where Washington waits for his interior linemen to trap or pull, they need to run downhill off tackle. Mizzou has been a good off tackle team all year.

I wouldn't run a single reverse or end around the entire game, as they are just too easy to defend. I don't mind using them as a PA fake.

The interior line needs to have the games of their lives.

The defense needs to go full blown kamikaze. They basically have to accept the fact that they are going to give up 40 points, rather than trying to bend and don't break.

They need to use the gameplan on D that the '04 Chiefs did in Arrowhead against the Colts in the first half. Points and yards be damned, they have to hit Bradford in the mouth. Personally, I think he's kind of a pussy, and if they can smack him a few times, he might start getting happier feet on the 2 yard digs he throws.

I honestly think we'd have a better chance to win with Patton at quarterback because he has the arm strength to stretch out the field, whereas in this game OU can sit on everything short, knowing that Daniel can't throw any pass more than 10 yards that doesn't come down with a parachute on it.

If they played this game 100 times, OU probably wins 92 of them. Missouri has never beaten a legitimate top 10 team under Pinkel, and they've rarely played any of them close...in fact I can't remember any.

This is a team with big hype and little performance.

If everything falls right, Mizzou could win a 51-41 type of game, but in reality I see it playing out exactly like the Texas game.

Bearcat
12-06-2008, 11:15 AM
If Alabama and OU lose, Florida and Texas will play for the title.

I just wonder about the .05 margin between Alabama and Texas, but Texas is already ahead in the computer polls, so that margin probably can't hold up if Alabama loses.

I'd love to see the loser of Alabama/UF play USC or Texas Tech, but the f***ing BCS has them playing Utah. It would be so great to see the loser of the SEC game play Texas Tech, and the loser of the B12 game play USC... and then watch Utah beat PSU and Boise State beat Ohio State. :drool:

KChiefs1
12-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Any chance there will be an all Big 12 National Title game?

58-4ever
12-06-2008, 11:54 AM

Zero chance.

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2008, 11:56 AM

No, and there shouldn't be.

KChiefs1
12-06-2008, 02:36 PM
4th Quarter:
Virginia Tech - 24
Boston College - 7

Coach
12-06-2008, 02:57 PM

In the suite level at Arrowhead.

Mecca
12-06-2008, 02:59 PM
4th Quarter:
Virginia Tech - 24
Boston College - 7

That boring ass game is delaying the start of the SC game...

Mr. Flopnuts
12-06-2008, 03:00 PM
I'd wish DaKCman luck, but I'm a closet Bama fan. ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!

58-4ever
12-06-2008, 03:02 PM
I just hope to see a good game.

58-4ever
12-06-2008, 03:05 PM
I wanna bone Tracy.

Ari Chi3fs
12-06-2008, 03:30 PM
Alabama... struck quick. Damn.

That quick strike to Julio Jones... then the TD by Glenn Coffee... nice.

Herzig
12-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Alabama... struck quick. Damn.

That quick strike to Julio Jones... then the TD by Glenn Coffee... nice.

That was a stud TD by Coffee....stiff arm to the ground to keep from going down.

Coach
12-07-2008, 10:01 AM
Well, that was fun. Went to the VIP room, and low and behold, I see Carl "Satan" Peterson in the room, having a discussion with some old cowboy dude. I was actually one feet away from Kingless Carl where I could have performed the silent sleeper hold on him, but unfortunately, he actually had a security guard nearby him at all times. So I could not carry out my plan, as I was at too great of a risk of being plummeled by the security guard.

But the VIP room was awesome. Alot of very interesting characters were in that room. We had a selection of food to choose from, and they were nachos, chili, fried chicken finger strips, and a large round cookie or a double chocolate fudge brownie cake. Also alot of choices of drinks to choose from. From coffee, to tea, to pop, to strong alcoholic beverages.

As the ball game started, I noticed that Will Shields was in the room, and was watching the game. And I was making a discussion with my wife's father about the Chiefs season, it appeared that Will overheard the discussion, and we had a discussion on how the Chiefs should go and also how he's enjoying his retirement. Great guy, and I also thanked him for his committment to the community service in KC.

Then about halftime during the game, Lee Roy Selmon was there, and for those of you who don't know who he is, here's the link about him. I'm sure old timers like Skip and some other guys may know who he is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Roy_Selmon

Dude was a very tall guy. He talked about his playing days for OU and for the Bucs. Great gentle and humble guy.

Then around the 3rd quarter, when the OU/MU game was getting out of hand, were I was discussing with two of my buddies in this game that came down with my wife's father, Bill Snyder was in the room, and pretty much enjoying the game with his family on the booth on the left of us. Bill was pretty much quiet, as he spent several moments on his blackberry and his e-mails/internet. He did get up and around, and started shaking hands with several folks.

We had a discussion about college football in general, and asked him if he felt a playoff system would be a good thing or a bad thing for college football. Also talked to him and asked if one of my former head coach is still on the team, or if he has moved on after his hiring.

In all, it was a good experience.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Other/Big%20XII%20Conference%20Championship/n762562165_1666642_9327.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Other/Big%20XII%20Conference%20Championship/n762562165_1666854_6162.jpg

milkman
12-07-2008, 10:08 AM
Well, that was fun. Went to the VIP room, and low and behold, I see Carl "Satan" Peterson in the room, having a discussion with some old cowboy dude. I was actually one feet away from Kingless Carl where I could have performed the silent sleeper hold on him, but unfortunately, he actually had a security guard nearby him at all times. So I could not carry out my plan, as I was at too great of a risk of being plummeled by the security guard.

But the VIP room was awesome. Alot of very interesting characters were in that room. We had a selection of food to choose from, and they were nachos, chili, fried chicken finger strips, and a large round cookie or a double chocolate fudge brownie cake. Also alot of choices of drinks to choose from. From coffee, to tea, to pop, to strong alcoholic beverages.

As the ball game started, I noticed that Will Shields was in the room, and was watching the game. And I was making a discussion with my wife's father about the Chiefs season, it appeared that Will overheard the discussion, and we had a discussion on how the Chiefs should go and also how he's enjoying his retirement. Great guy, and I also thanked him for his committment to the community service in KC.

Then about halftime during the game, Lee Roy Selmon was there, and for those of you who don't know who he is, here's the link about him. I'm sure old timers like Skip and some other guys may know who he is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Roy_Selmon

Dude was a very tall guy. He talked about his playing days for OU and for the Bucs. Great gentle and humble guy.

Then around the 3rd quarter, when the OU/MU game was getting out of hand, were I was discussing with two of my buddies in this game that came down with my wife's father, Bill Snyder was in the room, and pretty much enjoying the game with his family on the booth on the left of us. Bill was pretty much quiet, as he spent several moments on his blackberry and his e-mails/internet. He did get up and around, and started shaking hands with several folks.

We had a discussion about college football in general, and asked him if he felt a playoff system would be a good thing or a bad thing for college football. Also talked to him and asked if one of my former head coach is still on the team, or if he has moved on after his hiring.

In all, it was a good experience.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Other/Big%20XII%20Conference%20Championship/n762562165_1666642_9327.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v39/SwedeCarlson/Other/Big%20XII%20Conference%20Championship/n762562165_1666854_6162.jpg

Can you discuss Shield's thoughts about the direction this team should take?

Skip Towne
12-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Yeah, I remember the Selmon brothers. Lucious, Dewey and Lee Roy. Lee Roy is probably the best player OU ever had.

Coach
12-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Can you discuss Shield's thoughts about the direction this team should take?

He didn't really say much, actually. I figured that I would have a better shot of maintaining a discussion with Will if it had nothing to do with football, so basically I just discussed with him about how his charity/fundraising is going, and how's his time off of football is treating him, etc.

Then I said "Pretty rough season for the guys in Chief Red, eh?" and he said "No doubt about it." I responded "Well, hopefully they can get it back on track soon." and Will said "I hope so too."

It's just the vibe and his facial expression/body language pretty much gave it away that he wasn't too confident that the team will be going to a different direction. Like when I asked the rough season part, he pretty much shaked his head in pity/disbelif. And the response of the I hope so part, there may have been some doubt sensed there.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

Coach
12-07-2008, 10:28 AM
Yeah, I remember the Selmon brothers. Lucious, Dewey and Lee Roy. Lee Roy is probably the best player OU ever had.

I wished I had my picture taken with him. I didn't realize who he was until my wife's father told me who he was. And when he told me who he was, I was looking around, seeing if he was still around, so I could have asked him if he would be willing to have his picture taken with me, but he was nowhere to be seen, unfortunately.

But yeah, he was a very humble guy.