PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs (and Croyle) according to Madden 09...

luv
12-06-2008, 01:31 AM
I found this article rather interesting....well, other than the fact the guy is comparing Madden to reality.

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/491

If only the Chiefs hadn't lost Brodie Croyle ...

There was a time when I thought that newspaper reporters quoting the make-believe world of video games was as nerdicus as it comes. But with the realism of today's games, who's to suggest the events simulated on those games are not mirrored by reality?

As popular as yesterday's draft post turned out to be -- and by the way, that was supposed to be taken about as seriously as opossum-flavored bubble gum -- I thought I'd fill you in on how the Chiefs' season on Madden 2009 is going.

Some very important information first: Brodie Croyle was not injured within Kansas City's first five games, the extent of the Chiefs' season so far. Herm Edwards said a while back that this season would have been different if Croyle hadn't been injured.

Even Edwards couldn't have predicted that the Chiefs, at least in the virtual world, would begin their season 4-1 and tied with San Diego atop the AFC West. Croyle is playing like an MVP candidate after a slow start, and by gosh the Chiefs have rallied behind him. Croyle had 371 yards passing and three touchdowns in a 42-7 win against Carolina!

Now, this isn't reality, of course. On the game, the Jason Babins and Wallace Gilberrys of the world are still trolling the free-agent list.

In the interest of full disclosure, Tamba Hali also is a sack machine, and Ron Edwards has been as disruptive a force as an earth-bound asteroid. It's Croyle who has my attention, Chiefs fans. And if he hadn't been hurt, you could count on a different season around here.

Submitted by Kent Babb on December 5, 2008 - 11:59am.
login or register to post comments

Ebolapox
12-06-2008, 01:35 AM
jesus fucking christ. kent babb=kcjohnny. I fucking KNEW it!

Mizzou_8541
12-06-2008, 02:02 AM
jesus ****ing christ. kent babb=kcjohnny. I ****ing KNEW it!

What's wrong with KCjohnny?

Ebolapox
12-06-2008, 02:08 AM
What's wrong with KCjohnny?

well, aside from the blind homerism, he's an avowed madden sim junkie. he used to post them ALL the time. to the point where he'd be like 'THE CHIEFS ARE GONNA WIN BECAUSE THEY WON ON MY KID'S MADDEN VIDEOGAMEJIGGER'

Agent V
12-06-2008, 02:11 AM
Herm Edwards said a while back that this season would have been different if Croyle hadn't been injured.

Yeah. We'd be 0-12 averaging 9 points a game and our dead last defense would be on the field twice as much as they are now.

Mizzou_8541
12-06-2008, 02:12 AM
well, aside from the blind homerism, he's an avowed madden sim junkie. he used to post them ALL the time. to the point where he'd be like 'THE CHIEFS ARE GONNA WIN BECAUSE THEY WON ON MY KID'S MADDEN VIDEOGAMEJIGGER'

haha. Ok. Well, he seems like a pretty good guy to me, but I have only been around for a couple of months. I respect his conviction simply because most of the time it is him against the Planet.

luv
12-06-2008, 02:13 AM
Yeah. We'd be 0-12 averaging 9 points a game and the defense would STILL be dead last.

You really think we'd be worse off? Hard to say since Thigpen has been doing well. I thought Croyle was improving, though.

Ebolapox
12-06-2008, 02:16 AM
You really think we'd be worse off? Hard to say since Thigpen has been doing well. I thought Croyle was improving, though.

hard to improve with your leg in a cast.

OMGLUVCAN'TGETAGUYGHOSTSTURNMEON!

(/badgirl)...whew... what came over me? must be a ghost. shit.

luv
12-06-2008, 02:18 AM
hard to improve with your leg in a cast.

Yes, but this is the fantasy Madden world where Croyle never got injured.

Ebolapox
12-06-2008, 02:19 AM

eh, if it's a fantasy world, there are things that take precedent over brodie croyle's health.

Agent V
12-06-2008, 02:21 AM
I wish the guy was built for NFL football because he would be more effective in the spread. Too bad the geniuses running the team tried to develop him without an o-line, allowing him to throw for no more than five yards on every pass play.

Mecca
12-06-2008, 04:52 AM
Actually if you play Madden Brodie Croyle has a tendency to get injured on there....

I like to play it for fun and see where the team ends up...the most amusing one is Will Franklin becomes pretty good.

Deberg_1990
12-06-2008, 06:01 AM
When i play Madden on the Wii, Hali is a monster.

I cant much out of Croyle.

royr17
12-06-2008, 09:38 AM

Hey he always gets injured for me. Him and Huard both. But have alot of success with Tyler. Cant get no rushing yards with Charles but am able to rack em up with LJ and Kolby.

luv
12-06-2008, 09:41 AM
Hey he always gets injured for me. Him and Huard both. But have alot of success with Tyler. Cant get no rushing yards with Charles but am able to rack em up with LJ and Kolby.

I miss Kolby.

royr17
12-06-2008, 10:07 AM
I miss Kolby.

Well I feel that if Kolby hadnt got hurt then they would've suspended LJ for the rest of the year. After all before he got hurt Mort reported that LJ would not see the field again this year.

chiefsngop
12-06-2008, 11:08 AM
Thigpen coming in forced the offense to go to this spread / pistol / shotgun, scheme.

That scheme actually plays to our players strengths instead of the original scheme that magnified our weaknesses.

There's been alot of successful offenses that ask their QB to stand tall in the pocket and let plays develop. But not with that hodge-podge sh*tty ass O-line Croyle was working with, it was a terrible idea in the first place, and IMO, we definetly were not destined to score many points using it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Thigpen coming in forced the offense to go to this spread / pistol / shotgun, scheme.

That scheme actually plays to our players strengths instead of the original scheme that magnified our weaknesses.

There's been alot of successful offenses that ask their QB to stand tall in the pocket and let plays develop. But not with that hodge-podge sh*tty ass O-line Croyle was working with, it was a terrible idea in the first place, and IMO, we definetly were not destined to score many points using it.

The truly terrible thing is that I, and many others, have been saying since 2006 that this team would be far more effective playing out of spread formations given its line.

luv
12-06-2008, 11:41 AM
The truly terrible thing is that I, and many others, have been saying since 2006 that this team would be far more effective playing out of spread formations given its line.

A lot of college teams use the spread offense, don't they? We have a lot of young players, so maybe they do well because that's what they're used to?

Stupid question time. Could someone explain the spread offense to me?

milkman
12-06-2008, 11:56 AM
A lot of college teams use the spread offense, don't they? We have a lot of young players, so maybe they do well because that's what they're used to?

Stupid question time. Could someone explain the spread offense to me?

The easiest, most basic explanation of the spread is it's an offense that uses the shotgun with 3 to 5 receivers to spread out the defense.

The problem with trying to explain it is that there are mulitple variations of the spread.