PDA

View Full Version : MU Thank you, Turner Gill

Extra Point
12-06-2008, 02:34 PM
Congratulations on the win, Buffalo! That helps Mizzou's cause, as Ball State had no business being ranked at #12. I hope, due to proximity, and as being an alum associated with the MU program, that Mizzou wins tonite.

Don't get me wrong. I have a lot of respect for the job that Bob Stoops has done for OK. It's great to see this match-up for the Big 12 Championship game. (Though the Big 12 office doesn't know what to do about the head-to-head thing w/TX.)

I have two kids in school at KU, and find that the Insight Bowl is a slap in the face, and KU should have played in another bowl.

Pelini will have another two years to figure that he can't do anything with NE, and that Gill should be the pick for HC for the Huskers.

I just want Fatlock to chew on the Ball State loss, and think of all the shit he kicked at Mizzou over time. Up yours, Dickhead! By the way, Letterman sucks since he jumped to CBS!!!! Conan will rule!!!

KcMizzou
12-06-2008, 02:36 PM
You been hitting the Red Bull and vodka?

Extra Point
12-06-2008, 02:41 PM
You been hitting the Red Bull and vodka?

No, just Pale Ale. When is Mizzou playing UMKC?

Mecca
12-06-2008, 02:42 PM
No business being 12 eh.....I guess teams like Boise have no business being ranked either then.

StcChief
12-06-2008, 02:45 PM
I'd like to think MU has chance, but really OU is gonna roll 'em.

Extra Point
12-06-2008, 02:50 PM
No business being 12 eh.....I guess teams like Boise have no business being ranked either then.

Okay, let them play a Big 12 team at a Big 12 field.

Skip Towne
12-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Ball State hasn't even played, much less beaten, a ranked team all year. Pretty hard to see how they get ranked that high.

Mecca
12-06-2008, 02:54 PM

And this is why some people get pissed off, the BCS conferences get favored.

tk13
12-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Last time we did that, we lost at Nebraska by 1 point. How did KU do? Better question is why don't you guys come on the road and play us.

eazyb81
12-06-2008, 02:55 PM
It's amazing what Turner Gill has done with that Buffalo program. If I were an AD looking for a coach, he would be at the top of my list.

Auburn and Mississippi State should look hard at him, but I'm sure Auburn will try to go for a bigger name, they are very insecure now that Alabama is back on top.

Mecca
12-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Last time we did that, we lost at Nebraska by 1 point. How did KU do? Better question is why don't you guys come on the road and play us.

And now we're back to how most BCS teams will schedule a cream puff non con...you could probably get SC to come out though they're fine with scheduling people :)

Extra Point
12-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Mecca, were you rooting for Buffalo or Ball State last nite?

Mecca
12-06-2008, 02:58 PM
Mecca, were you rooting for Buffalo or Ball State last nite?

I didn't really care to tell you the truth but to bag on a teams undefeated season is harsh.

If you'd like to talk about frustrating things it was USC going on a 8-0 run where they won by some margin like 347-39 and didn't move in the rankings.

tk13
12-06-2008, 02:59 PM
I'm not going to totally defend the schedule, it wasn't that brutal.

Although, Indiana was expected to be much better than it was... they were a Bowl team last year, and supposed to be better this year but they ran into the ground. That wouldn't have been an all-world win but beating a BCS conference Bowl-bound team looks better than nothing. Navy kinda flopped too... you can't always control if your opponents are huge disappointments. Next year we have Auburn on the schedule... we tried to get Boise but that didn't work out. I'm not sure Ball State will even be as good next year but it might be more difficult to get someone to come on the road to play there now.

Extra Point
12-06-2008, 03:00 PM
Hey, either PAC 10 or WAC, let them suit up and play on a Big 12 field and see what they can do. And let a Big 12 team play at either conf's team's field.

I'd like to see OU or TX play at Penn State. That would be cool with me, W or L.

Extra Point
12-06-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm not going to totally defend the schedule, it wasn't that brutal.

Although, Indiana was expected to be much better than it was... they were a Bowl team last year, and supposed to be better this year but they ran into the ground. That wouldn't have been an all-world win but beating a BCS conference Bowl-bound team looks better than nothing. Navy kinda flopped too... you can't always control if your opponents are huge disappointments. Next year we have Auburn on the schedule... we tried to get Boise but that didn't work out. I'm not sure Ball State will even be as good next year but it might be more difficult to get someone to come on the road to play there now.

My Midshipman Uncle loved today's game!

Mecca
12-06-2008, 03:04 PM
Hey, either PAC 10 or WAC, let them suit up and play on a Big 12 field and see what they can do. And let a Big 12 team play at either conf's team's field.

I'd like to see OU or TX play at Penn State. That would be cool with me, W or L.

Most Big 12 teams don't schedule anything in the non con...it's hard to play someone that doesn't wanna play.

Extra Point
12-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Most Big 12 teams don't schedule anything in the non con...it's hard to play someone that doesn't wanna play.

Interesting that LA Tech played KU and Boise State at their respective fields.

Mecca
12-06-2008, 03:13 PM

What does that have to do with not scheduling anyone?

Extra Point
12-06-2008, 03:19 PM
It's that you have to hand it to LA Tech to play either team, I guess. I hope that USC gets matched up with a Big 12 team in a bowl game after this season.

Darth CarlSatan
12-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Hey, either PAC 2 or WAC, let them suit up and play on a Big 12 field and see what they can do. And let a Big 12 team play at either conf's team's field.

FYP.

ChiefsCountry
12-06-2008, 03:22 PM

You do know LA Tech is in Boise's conference?

Extra Point
12-06-2008, 03:27 PM
You do know LA Tech is in Boise's conference?

That is WAC!

chagrin
12-06-2008, 04:35 PM

Didn't Mizzou play Kansas this year, and lose?

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-06-2008, 04:40 PM
Ball State had earned the right to be ranked in the top 15 with what they had done, IMO. But I went to a MAC school, so I'm probably biased.

Sam Hall
12-06-2008, 11:11 PM
Congratulations on the win, Buffalo! That helps Mizzou's cause, as Ball State had no business being ranked at #12. I hope, due to proximity, and as being an alum associated with the MU program, that Mizzou wins tonite.

Don't get me wrong. I have a lot of respect for the job that Bob Stoops has done for OK. It's great to see this match-up for the Big 12 Championship game. (Though the Big 12 office doesn't know what to do about the head-to-head thing w/TX.)

I have two kids in school at KU, and find that the Insight Bowl is a slap in the face, and KU should have played in another bowl.

Pelini will have another two years to figure that he can't do anything with NE, and that Gill should be the pick for HC for the Huskers.

I just want Fatlock to chew on the Ball State loss, and think of all the shit he kicked at Mizzou over time. Up yours, Dickhead! By the way, Letterman sucks since he jumped to CBS!!!! Conan will rule!!!

It's easy to say that after watching Buffalo beat Ball State. Tom Osborne had to make a tough decision. The defense had to improve. I think you underestimate the leap of going from Buffalo to Nebraska. Two of Nebraska's loses this season were by seven points or less. They had walk-ons starting on defense. Pelini had a good first season.

Skip Towne
12-06-2008, 11:39 PM
Ball State had earned the right to be ranked in the top 15 with what they had done, IMO. But I went to a MAC school, so I'm probably biased.

Ball State didn't play even one ranked team this year. How do you get ranked 12 without a win over a ranked team?

ChiefsCountry
12-07-2008, 12:17 AM
Ball State didn't play even one ranked team this year. How do you get ranked 12 without a win over a ranked team?

How did KU do it last year?

OnTheWarpath58
12-07-2008, 12:24 AM
How did KU do it last year?

LMAO

Ultra Peanut
12-07-2008, 01:08 AM
lol